Charlie Sheen Leaving 2 1/2 Men?

BillF63

Seven years ! Give the poor guy a break! Time to move on! The average American stays on the job 3 years.

Let's have Charlie run off with ROSE to some far off country so he can write

songs for people/children in need. A humanitarian for once in his life. He can never have a normal relationship anyway.

The Writers will make the show. I'm sure they are already preparing for his exit. And they can videotape him in some weird country every now and then just to keep his image alive. (With Rose of course).

Allen (the brother) gets into some pretty hysterical situations. Keep on writing ! The boy has to go. Bad example for parents watching the show.

Send him to a private school funded by Allen's mother. Maybe a Culinary school in Paris. Food !!

Seven years ! Give the poor guy a break! Time to move on! The average American stays on the job 3 years.

Let's have Charlie run off with ROSE to some far off country so he can write

songs for people/children in need. A humanitarian for once in his life. He can never have a normal relationship anyway.

The Writers will make the show. I'm sure they are already preparing for his exit. And they can videotape him in some weird country every now and then just to keep his image alive. (With Rose of course).

Allen (the brother) gets into some pretty hysterical situations. Keep on writing ! The boy has to go. Bad example for parents watching the show.

Send him to a private school funded by Allen's mother. Maybe a Culinary school in Paris. Food !!

I certainly would not begrudge Charlie Sheen's desire to leave and movie on. But as a fan I am sad to either seem him go or the show to end. Personally I would rather have the show end rather than try and carry on without him. I have seen too many citcoms go bad after a major character leaves.

• 2 weeks later...

After last night's episode, looks like they are preparing for Charlie's exit from the show. This could be a "how to" show for single parents with Allen and his new love/sex interest and their two horrible kids. I'll bet there was a lot of people ready to get a vasectomy/tubes tied after this most frightening episode!

This is how my single parent cured me. I was allowed to try anything once and I learned the "wicker" basket way and never again. At sixteen, I was taken to a State Hospital (Calif) and saw hundreds of drug induced zombies, in my age range, shuffling around and drooling probably for the rest of their lives. Another lesson to be learned

Yes, single parents being the majority in America, I think this might be a

good thing. People learn through television. But keep the humor in it.

Good luck, Charlie, helping James Cameron and Rose save the Brazilian Rain Forest.

I think he's the soul of the show.

If he leaves, it just won't be the same!

He's not just an actor, he REALLY is like Charlie (the character).

I know Alan and Jake are great, but we all know that the show without Charlie's gonna be a failure.

And no one will be able to replace Sheen.

Besides it will be no longer "two and a half men" just "a barely a man and a half" lol, (because charlie jokes about allan being kinda gay). It would be a shame if the show ends, in any case it had a good run and it really made me laugh. Besides the all the women that appeared in the show, I wouldn't know about Doira Baird if it wasn't for the show, or I wouldn't remember that Jennifer Taylor appeared in "wild things" let alone knowing about April (Candy). Let's just wait and see what happens.

Along with TBBT this is my other favorite show and I do like them pretty equally for different reasons. I have been going through a 2.5 Men marathon on DVD and for me the show hasn't "jumped the shark" yet so I don't want to see it end. But if Charlie does leave the show I don't think I want to see him replaced with someone else, I would rather they just end the show because the core of the show is the relationship between Charlie and Allan.

• 4 weeks later...

Great that Charlie is staying and keep the housekeeper. She has some

great lines ! "I can roll a better joint than that on the back of my boyfriend's

Harley while digging a bullet out of his shoulder" Too funny !

Do something with Allen's son! He's a bore. Maybe turn him into a

hard core environmentalist collecting, recycling, lessons for the world !

I'm annoyed at his pay rise. What's the moral of the story? You can threaten your wife with a knife, you can buy hookers, you can be a horrible person but you can get paid two million an episode!

Disgusting.

Television shows allow us to laugh at real life that is 'too real' when its real. If you are disgusted by the behind-the-scenes story, the best therapy -ironically- is to watch the show, -the moral of which is you can threaten your brother daily with eviction, treat your family like crap, rent hookers, drink like a suicidal wino, and be a horrible human being, and get paid enough to live in Malibu, for sporadically writing jingles.

Funny.

• 4 weeks later...

As a long time career musician I too have seen how life can be. Some people party hard on the road. When I was young I was no different. From my experience the "partying" was a two way street indulged in by the parties involved. While it can be seen that the character Charlie is using people, it can also be seen that they often attempt to use him. He is paying child support to a woman who deceived him. Obviously many of the women are involved with him due to his finacial success. What is it they want? Another question is, for example, who demands more from a one night stand? The person in it for what it is, or another after a lifelong commitment? The life commitment is a high price and for it to be expected so soon can appear a heavy and expensive demand.

I think these aspects are what makes much of Lorre's work so effective. He is able to see into the motivations behind many actions.

I am glad Sheen is staying.

• 3 months later...