Was there ever a Professor Proton?

Stephen Hawking

On of my favorite after school programs as a kid was Professor Moffett's Science Workshop. 

Also at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professor_Moffett%27s_Science_Workshop

That was a Canadian show on CBC in the early 1970s and the closest I know to the fictional Professor Proton.

More mainstream and for adults is the CBC show The Nature of Things with Dr. David Zazuki which has been bringing science topics to the general population for decades. There is also the CBC radio program Quirks and Quarks.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

When I was in elementary school, we used to watch a science and a music program in our classrooms.  I don't know if it was some kind of private channel through the school district or if it was some kind of precursor to PBS.  I know that they were filmed locally.

Anyway, the science program featured Dr. Fishbeck (sp?) who was a lot of fun.  I don't remember a lot of it, but I know I enjoyed it.

• 5 years later...

When I was about 13 (51 years ago) we had a program called ‘How’ in the UK which covered many projects, including many Science ones. It was great!

• 4 months later...

It seems that there was no such show with that name. But there were shows similar in meaning. I also remembered the episode where Professor Proton tried to find out from Sheldon how to contact Leonard in order to work with him, and the Professor came to the Leonard man with his write my research paper and work for experiments on nano tubes

Edited by theronmad