920 'The Big Bear Precipitation' (April 7)

Tripper

8 hours ago, Serena_nyc1995 said:

What was that [...] about Penny loving Sheldon's hat and hating Leonard's hat ?

Well...yes, she doesn't like Leonards cap, but I don't think she likes Sheldon's hat instead. When Penny sees Sheldon's hat she tries hard to withhold laughter. So, for me, her "nice hat, Sheldon" is pure sarcasm. And Sheldon doesn't get it...again.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

loved the teddy bear with bernie.

this raj was sweet, not the douche trying to hit

on two married woman.

nice talk with L/P, some thing is going to happen

for the season final. time to move out.

fun times with shamy.

On 4/8/2016 at 4:15 AM, Serena_nyc1995 said:

What was that joke about Penny loving Sheldon's hat and hating Leonard's hat ?
And then Leonard says -Why are u always mean to me or something .
I didn't get the joke. The audience laughed though. 
Anyone care to explain ?

I viewed it as Penny teasing Leonard, by not giving him the satisfaction of making fun of Sheldon's hat in front of him like he wanted her too (You got something to say about Sheldon's hat?).  Also Penny didn't say Leonard couldn't where the hat, Leonard chose NOT TO where it.  Penny didn't make him choose to not where it.

But that's just my interpretation on that scene.

On 4/8/2016 at 1:49 AM, Lionne said:

-I was very, very surprised that Leonard just said "yes, I support the grown up thing, now how about sex?" instead of stopping to say, "the grown up thing is great, but....what about being happy? You know, it's possible to find a job or career you like that you can get paid for?" And I am surprised that he was just glad she didn't want to go back to acting and waitressing,

-but didn't say that he didn't want to go back to it because it made her missssssserable! So miserable! But instead he really says nothing about her emotionally - it's hard that something makes her miserable (because she always takes it out on him) or that something makes her happy, and he wants her to find happy.  

-I read that more as him being happy that Penny was choosing to be responsible in her decision making as an adult.  Yeah they could've talked about it more, but a.) they were away for the weekend b.) it's possible he just wanted to take her mind off her work woes since they were getting her down. c.) Leonard has always struck me as usually favoring doing what's practical over self satisfaction.  Sure as you said, ""You know, it's possible to find a job or career you like that you can get paid for?"  but there's no guarantee that that hypothetical job is out there, given the networking through Bernadette that made that job possible. And being out of work looking for said convenient hypothetical job could add more to her debt.

-He's already said that in season 8 in front of Penny, I'd like to think for Penny it goes without saying.

But again that's just my take on these scenes.

Edited by meka3000

Finally saw the episode. Seen better seen worse. The Howdette raj storyline was the best one. Raj with the bear was funny. listening to heart beat was cute. raj was a little cringeworthy but he's been worse. The Lenny Shamy storyline was mediocre at best. penny didn't like the hat but it seemed like it was Leonard's choice not to wear. Thought Penny read the HP books. Contradiction? Sheldon in his underwear and horny Amy, again. I m sorry it's just not funny anymore. The drinking game was fine until Sheldon gave away Leonard's secret. does Sheldon think you win the game by causing a fight? Why would you tell Sheldon a secret? penny overreacting? The money issue again was brought up so Penny can tell Leonard she hates her job. Could of come up with abetter storyline for that. Why do they always have to show penny had a previous sexual experience Leonard hasn't. I think it would be funny if the roles were reversed for once. I do admit though Lenny wasn't as bad as many thought. In regards to the tag. IMO the worst part of the show.To  begin with it has been mentioned on a previous episode About Sheldon retrieving a frisbee in the park. Another contradiction. The rest of I never( or whatever it was called) was just plain boring. Definitely just filler.

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

To  begin with it has been mentioned on a previous episode About Sheldon retrieving a frisbee in the park. Another contradiction.

I think you are wrong. The reference I can find is from 4.24

Sheldon: Congratulations and welcome temporarily aboard. Here’s your I.D. Card, your key and your lapel pin. Which Leonard was too cool to wear. FYI, part of your responsibilities as roommate pro tem will be to drive me to and from work, the comic book store, the barbershop and the park for one hour every other Sunday for fresh air.

Leonard: Bring a ball or a Frisbee, you know, something he can chase.

Does not mean anyone actually touched  real frisbee.

5 hours ago, Chrismo said:

To  begin with it has been mentioned on a previous episode About Sheldon retrieving a frisbee in the park.

The only reference I can recall, to Sheldon and a frisbee in the park, is in The Roommate Transmogrification:-

Sheldon: Congratulations and welcome temporarily aboard. Here’s your I.D. Card, your key and your lapel pin. Which Leonard was too cool to wear. FYI, part of your responsibilities as roommate pro tem will be to drive me to and from work, the comic book store, the barbershop and the park for one hour every other Sunday for fresh air.

Leonard: Bring a ball or a Frisbee, you know, something he can chase.

Oops. Beaten to it by djsurrey. :blush: 

Edited by Stephen Hawking

7 hours ago, djsurrey said:

I think you are wrong. The reference I can find is from 4.24

Does not mean anyone actually touched  real frisbee.

My interpretation was is that Leonard had done that with Sheldon. Either way though another I never example may have been better. Granted the tag wasn't  very good IMO.

51 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

My interpretation was is that Leonard had done that with Sheldon. Either way though another I never example may have been better. Granted the tag wasn't  very good IMO.

It was yet another "Sheldon as the dog" reference that is also a stupid joke that's getting old and needs to be thrown out.  And of course you didn't like the tag.  It was a sweet Shamy moment. 

3 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

It was yet another "Sheldon as the dog" reference that is also a stupid joke that's getting old and needs to be thrown out.  And of course you didn't like the tag.  It was a sweet Shamy moment. 

And of course you liked the tag. Anything Shamy is sweet. Gag me.

Sheldon arrested?  Do we forget Sheldon was jailed for contempt of traffic court. Sheldon off the grid..  how about the cabin at the north magnetic pole and out at the star trek scene when their car gets stolen

Edited by deltasigma

If Sheldon deliberately and with intent wanted to reveal that then the toothbrush comment which Leonard came out with probably didn't help that. Leonard did acknowledge that this is a dangerous game to be playing and should have known this might come out.

Leonard didn't look that pissed off to be fair that it did come out.

If Sheldon deliberately and with intent wanted to reveal that then the toothbrush comment which Leonard came out with probably didn't help that. Leonard did acknowledge that this is a dangerous game to be playing and should have known this might come out.

Leonard didn't look that pissed off to be fair that it did come out.

I think Sheldon should have been pissed at penny for using his toothbrush to clean the sink and revealed something about her but you know penny & Sheldon do not get pissed at each other anymore. I don't get why sheldon was pissed at Leonard to reveal his secret.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Maybe I should watch the episode but from past experiences, whats the point just another dry joke to create lenny drama with a shit or no resolution

Did anyone else find it annoying for Penny to moan about the ONLY full time steady job with benefits she has ever had in her life.  And there basically no way she would have gotten it based on merit alone.   Plus, she doing well at it with no background or skills for it. 

Does she she want to go back to being a starving bit part actor?   What there not to like about her drug sales rep!  

Edited by gwhh

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:11 PM, gwhh said:

Did anyone else find it annoying for Penny to moan about the ONLY full time steady job with benefits she has ever had in her life.  And there basically no way she would have gotten it based on merit alone.   Plus, she doing well at it with no background or skills for it. 

Does she she want to go back to being a starving bit part actor?   What there not to like about her drug sales rep!  

It's not annoying--it's life.

A lot of people do jobs where they may get paid well and have benefits and all that, but don't really enjoy it.

She didn't say she wanted to go back to acting--I think she said she didn't want to--but that doesn't mean that she's enjoying it.  She may be good at sales, but maybe she knows she's kind of making it up, relying on her charms and flirting to impress her clients, rather than really knowing anything about pharmaceuticals.

Maybe she wants to find something more personally fulfilling.  If she came out to LA to pursue what she felt was a dream to be an actor, that may have felt fulfilling to some degree, when she got those bit parts.  But if she never dreamed of being a drug sales rep, why should she find it enjoyable?

I think she's allowed to be frustrated or unhappy about that part of her life, to want something more personally fulfilling.