The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

922 'The Fermentation Bifurcation' (April 28)

2 hours ago, Desdemona said:

Is there no age restriction?

There probably is, but it's not the first time they've sidestepped age restrictions, so Sheldon can indulge his love of trains.

44 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

The only trains I´ve seen so far, were made for toddlers, but it´s nice to know that there are trains for the kids and their parents.

Over here, various towns have road going "trains", usually for special events, such as Christmas.

FLYER--630x450.jpg

CVdPvdXWwAAftjS.jpg

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 1

Typically those trains are not busy this time of year. Their busy at Christmas and Easter so Sheldon could possibly been alone. The thing is too I'm not sure Sheldon could of seen Amy getting a massage from the mall part anyways. At least in my area something like that would have been a little more private.

• Like 2

So now that we're totally overthinking the mall train thing, the train that runs through one of the malls I've been to has kind of big cars, some with little doors, etc., and parents often ride with their kids, no matter the age.  If Sheldon is a regular there, which I imagine he would be, they know that he's just a harmless goof who's still stuck on his childhood.  I don't think people would be looking at him askance as long as he's not trying to pick up strange kids.  He doesn't want to meet kids on the train.  He just wants to ride the train the same way the other kids do.

And I don't think it's meant to be some kind of major social issue or whatever.  It's just another illustration of the difference between what he values (riding the train) and what others value at the mall.  And I don't think that the conversation between Sheldon and Amy over the ride/massage is any big deal.  Just an illustration of the different things they prefer, just like the conversations between Bernie/Howard and Leonard/Penny.  "I don't have to like everything you like."

And I think the train mention of course led into how the train discussion became part of the "Hardly Party" night.

• Like 3

Sheldon should take a trip to visit the Vancouver Island Model Engineers. He would fit in very well.

http://www.vime.ca/home.php

This place is real. We used to take my son there when he was elementry school age. For a few years it was his favorite place.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Why would Bernadette bring Cider, when she's not allowed alcohol huh.gif 

Because in the US it doesn't mean the same as the UK: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_cider

What they had was basically non-alcoholic sparkling apple juice.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, April said:

Because in the US it doesn't mean the same as the UK: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_cider

What they had was basically non-alcoholic sparkling apple juice.

Martinelli's is commonly available here in bottles to look like wine.  We served their sparkling grape juice at my son's wedding to use for toasts, as we could not have alcohol present. 

MartinellisCider.jpg

Edited by Lady in Red
  • Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 7:43 AM, 5Mississippis said:

^^^^^

That's exactly what I thought when she carried the bottle in -- it was Martinelli's. And it's delicious too!

We usually use sparkling grape juice at New Year's since we don't really drink.

Edited by phantagrae

Enjoyed the episode.  Loved seeing the gang having take out in 4A again and all the interactions. Loved Sheldon and Bernie scenes. Liked the scenes in the winery. Nice light hearted episode.

• Like 4

Thought the episode was really good. Lenny was very in sync with each other and Sheldon and Bernie was also fun. I could have been without the peeing scene. But overall a much better episode than last week.

• Like 1

Thought it was a solid episode and much better then the previous and absolutely dire Viewing Party Combustion.

Enjoyed seeing Zack coming back and his interactions with some of the group, didn't care much for the wine tasting storyline overall though they are highly educated adults so it's the sort of thing they do.

I think the best scenes were the Sheldon and Bernie interactions, I think it's good when they sometimes explore some of the relationships and friendships the characters have with each other in different ways. Sheldon and Bernie hardly ever interact much really so it felt kind of refreshing in a way.

It started off like Sheldon was just going to talk about himself and his interests but then the D&D game which he created especially for her as a way for her to experience/imagine things that she can't do anymore now that she is pregnant was a nice touch. It showed that Sheldon cared as he put the preparation into it.

Raj getting a little bit of a comeuppance was nice, but it's not the reckoning I would like to see.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Why did Bernadette roll her eyes, at the idea of playing D&D?

The last time she played it, she had a great time.

But the last time she was with her husband, and was drunk from the alcohol  drinking the magic potion that made her like Sheldon.  

11 minutes ago, Tensor said:

But the last time she was with her husband, and was drunk from the alcohol  drinking the magic potion that made her like Sheldon.  

Plus, this comes after Sheldon "entertained" her with all those "fascinating" ways to make toast so she probably wasn't expecting a fun adventure tailored to her current situation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

I thought that was Penny.

So were Leonard and Bernadette.  The showed Penny pouring it into Leonard's glass and Bernadette said to Howard, "This may be the potion talking, but you are one fine-assed dungeon master."

On 4/30/2016 at 6:47 PM, phantagrae said:

I don't think people would be looking at him askance as long as he's not trying to pick up strange kids.

Such as he did in the bookstore. :icon_biggrin: 

On 5/18/2016 at 5:20 PM, Lagernisse said:

I could have been without the peeing scene.

They needed somewhere quite, for Leonard and Howard to discuss their concerns about the guidance system.

Also, it's not the first time a conversation has taken place, in a public bathroom.

3 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

They needed somewhere quite, for Leonard and Howard to discuss their concerns about the guidance system.

Also, it's not the first time a conversation has taken place, in a public bathroom.

Yep, Bernadette, Penny and Amy in the Wildebeest Implementation:

4x22-The-Wildebeest-Implementation-the-b

2 hours ago, Jonny83 said:

Yep, Bernadette, Penny and Amy in the Wildebeest Implementation:

Also, the conversation between Sheldon, Barry Kripke and President Siebert, in The Rothman Disintegration.

The-Big-Bang-Theory-Season-5-Episode-17-

That had one of the funniest lines:-

You realize I’m your boss, and I am holding my penis?

:laugh:

Edited by Stephen Hawking

6 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I just thought that it was to long and boring.

• Like 1

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 6:42 AM, serena_nyc1995 said:

Amy didn't show any empathy to Sheldon in this episode either. So why should Sheldon empathize with her ? You want Sheldon to empathize with Amy , but don't want Amy to empathize with Sheldon. 

If Amy wanted to, she could have stayed  in with Sheldon. But she didn't. It was her choice. And if Sheldon wanted to, he could have gone to the wine tasting. It was his choice again.

Amy had obviously no interest in model trains. Its not like, she sympathized with Sheldon, herself. And Sheldon had no interest in wine tasting. I think they both are on the same page.  

Couples can be apart sometimes if they have different interests. At times like this, its best to give each other space, rather than dragging the other person to something they clearly hate.

Agreed. I didn't really understand the 'You can't stop me' line. Why on earth would he want to ? Sheldon has never stopped Amy doing anything so far as I recall. He does, however, seem more reluctant to be alone at weekends since s9e11.

I think the reason Shamy don't openly display a lot of empathy for each other is that they feel so secure they can afford not to.

I just watched this ep last night for the first time ever haha, i know. Just me but are TPTB teasing something between Sheldon and Bernadette? I am not being serious lol, but who knows. In any case I liked the friendship developing between them, theirs seems to be a peculiur mutual understanding between the two. Good episode Loved Howard and Amy awkwardnes Oh yeah you like Neil Diamond, what about drinking do you like drinking? lol.