Jump to content

The Big Bang Theory: Season 9 DVD and Blu-ray


Tripper
 Share

Recommended Posts

United States and Canada (Region 1):

The Big Bang Theory: Season 9 will be released on DVD and Blu-ray in the United States and Canada on Tuesday, September 13.

Pre-order The Big Bang Theory: Season 9 DVD from Amazon.com
 
Pre-order The Big Bang Theory: Season 9 Blu-ray from Amazon.com
 
 
United Kingdom and Ireland (Region 2):
The Big Bang Theory: Season 9 is set to be released on DVD and Blu-ray in the United Kingdom and Ireland on Monday, August 29.
 
Pre-order The Big Bang Theory: Season 9 DVD from Amazon.co.uk
 
Pre-order The Big Bang Theory: Season 9 Blu-ray from Amazon.co.uk
 

Australia and New Zealand (Region 4):

The Big Bang Theory: Season 9 will be released on DVD and Blu-ray in Australia on Wednesday, August 31.

Pre-order The Big Bang Theory: Season 9 DVD from JB Hi-Fi

Pre-order The Big Bang Theory: Season 9 Blu-ray from JB Hi-Fi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

"The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Ninth Season" will be released on DVD and Blu-ray + Digital HD in Region 1 on Tuesday, September 13th, 2016! In addition to the 24, season 9 episodes, special features will include:

1. The Big Bang Theory Gives Back

2. BBT: The Big 200

3. Love IS Rocket Science

4. #Just Ask BBT: If I Had to Go to Mars...

5. #Just Ask BBT: Who Will Get the Couch?

6. 2015 Comic-Con Panel

7. Gag Reel

 

Read the full press release here: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Big-Bang-Theory-Season-9-Press-Release/22352

Edited by Kev0821
Clarification of Region

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, vonmar said:

Is this the official cover? Maybe people in charge for it read our complaints about the other one, LOL! I like this one much better!!! Still and old photo with some Photoshop involved to update Kaley's hair, but at least they did a good job with it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Is this the official cover? Maybe people in charge for it read our complaints about the other one, LOL! I like this one much better!!! Still and old photo with some Photoshop involved to update Kaley's hair, but at least they did a good job with it!

Obviously this cover was created on the basis of the season 5 DVD/Blu-ray cover. :icon_cheesygrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

Is this the official cover? Maybe people in charge for it read our complaints about the other one, LOL! I like this one much better!!! Still and old photo with some Photoshop involved to update Kaley's hair, but at least they did a good job with it!

Whoever cobbled this together has apparently problems with artistic spatial perception cause there's still something off with Sheldon standing too close to Penny. This is some M.C. Escher shit right there. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, April said:

Whoever cobbled this together has apparently problems with artistic spatial perception cause there's still something off with Sheldon standing too close to Penny. This is some M.C. Escher shit right there. LOL

Absolutely. The regularities of perspective are abrogated in this picture. Welcome to the impossible world of TBBT graphics. :icon_cheesygrin:

But I basically like the cover. The execution could have been better. :wink:

Edited by luminous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, luminous said:

Absolutely. The regularities of perspective are abrogated in this picture. Welcome to the impossible world of TBBT graphics. :icon_cheesygrin:

But I basically like the cover. The execution could have been better. :wink:

Haha, yes. It's certainly not the worst cover but it's bugging me that they could have just put Sheldon a few mm to the left and it would have been fine. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I do like the cover art, I'm always confused as to why they resort to using Photo-shopped images. This one's basically a rehashing of the guys from season 3's cover and the girls from season 5's cover, in different positions. Aren't there promotional photos taken at the beginning of each season that could be used instead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

While I do like the cover art, I'm always confused as to why they resort to using Photo-shopped images. This one's basically a rehashing of the guys from season 3's cover and the girls from season 5's cover, in different positions. Aren't there promotional photos taken at the beginning of each season that could be used instead?

Apparently not, I think the last photo shoot the cast took was for the People cover two years ago, and they are using it  even for the Emmys campaign this season. I don't know how hard it is to have these seven actors in the same room for a day taking pictures, maybe the persons in charge think that's not very useful to do so, since the show is already popular and doesn't need advertising and people will buy the DVD\Blue-ray despite their covers. Anyway, at least it is a big improvement with respect to the previous one...

Edited by mirs1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Apparently not, I think the last photo shoot the cast took was for the People cover two years ago, and they are using it  even for the Emmys campaign this season. I don't know how hard it is to have these seven actors in the same room for a day taking pictures, maybe the persons in charge think that's not very useful to do so, since the show is already popular and doesn't need advertising and people will buy the DVD\Blue-ray despite their covers. Anyway, at least it is a big improvement with respect to the previous one...

I get what you mean, but sometimes the Photo-shopping is a little bit over-kill. They could always screenshot a scene with the entire cast from a particular episode, and then edit the background. I just feel like they keep going back to the same stock photos and re-edit them. Then again, sometimes the cast photos are used for overseas, compilation releases. For example, the cast photo below could have been used for the season 7 set.

 

enter to win this awesome box set of the big bang theory seasons 1 6 ...

 

 

Edited by Kev0821
Word choice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2016 at 8:55 AM, 3ku11 said:

may have been posted hre. But I Think this is the official dvd cover for s9

 

bbt civer.jpg

I noticed that Amazon updated its listing with this box art roughly a week ago, too. Is this what we should expect on 9/13? Either image is fine by me, but the new positioning leaves Kunal's hands cut off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

I just saw a COSTCO ad while watching yhe Olympics showing someone buying the huge teddy bear Raj bought for Bernie in "The Big Bear Precipitation".  So if you want  to be enveloped and hugged by a big bear-grab your VISA and get to COSTCO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

From Entertainment Tonight.....video in the link bleow

EXCLUSIVE: 'Big Bang Theory' Star Kaley Cuoco Adorably Admits She's Still Not Sure What Love Is

What is your definition of love?

That’s the question The Big Bang Theory stars are asked to answer in an adorable new featurette that’s included on the hit comedy’s season nine DVD and Blu-ray set, available Tuesday, and ET has the exclusive first look!

http://www.etonline.com/tv/196794_big_bang_theory_kaley_cuoco_still_isnt_sure_what_love_is/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.