Jump to content

923 'The Line Substitution Solution' (May 5)


Tripper
 Share

Recommended Posts

I really liked this episode...it was funny.

On 6/5/2016 at 9:48 AM, Lionne said:

And what about Sheldon evoking Rosa Parks, and Leonard turning to Raj and asking: "Is this a time we can pretend you're black to avoid getting beat up?" Wow. And Kunal has to sit there and grin through that one? That was uncomfortable.

 

Yeah I agree with this.

Edited by Cindi May

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pennysmile.gifOne of Penny's best episodes ever.  And look! There it is again! The heart-shaped locket! 

What's the issue with that locket?

And what about Sheldon evoking Rosa Parks, and Leonard turning to Raj and asking: "Is this a time we can pretend you're black to avoid getting beat up?" Wow. And Kunal has to sit there and grin through that one? That was uncomfortable.

 

Wow..I didn't get that, because sometimes they speak to fast and I'm not a native speaker.

That's clearly not ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, lennyx3 said:

What's the issue with that locket?

No issue. It is just extremely exciting that she is wearing it regularly in the last quarter or so of this season.  I don't recall seeing it at all in Season 8 or this season until the latter portion.  Great that she is wearing it.  It (to me anyway) is a token of Leonard & Penny's love......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/05/2016 at 8:45 PM, Jonny83 said:

Because Sheldon is this malevolent force that wrecks marriages and the lives of his friends. Haven't you got the memo?

Seriously they are just close friends that live together so they are going to socialize. Even if Lenny move out they are still going to hang out and play games with Sheldon.

If Leonard moved out, Howard and Raj would spend very little time with Sheldon. They barely tolerate him only because of Leonard. Of course the writers could turn them into bosom buddies and have Leonard as a bit player standing alone behind a kitchen counter.

1 hour ago, djsurrey said:

I would not remember it either except it has been brought up a lot. 

Well naturally. Sheldon stole that scene with his childish self-absorbed ranting.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ajond said:
12 hours ago, djsurrey said:

I would not remember it either except it has been brought up a lot. 

Well naturally. Sheldon stole that scene with his childish self-absorbed ranting.

In my case it would have more to do with my general lack of interest in jewelry and adornments.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, djsurrey said:

In my case it would have more to do with my general lack of interest in jewelry and adornments.

It's not as much about the jewelry as it's about what it symbolizes as a gift to the Beloved. Like Howard giving the star necklace to Bernie before he went to space, Leonard gave Penny the heart locket before he went to sea. Women love that stuff.:tender:It's romantic. Lenny shippers love the heart almost as much as the snowflake.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my case it would have more to do with my general lack of interest in jewelry and adornments.

It's not as much about the jewelry as it's about what it symbolizes as a gift to the Beloved. Like Howard giving the star necklace to Bernie before he went to space, Leonard gave Penny the heart locket before he went to sea. Women love that stuff.:tender:It's romantic. Lenny shippers love the heart almost as much as the snowflake.

On the other hand does the fact that he cheated on her on that trip decreases the romance a bit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, lennyx3 said:

It's not as much about the jewelry as it's about what it symbolizes as a gift to the Beloved. Like Howard giving the star necklace to Bernie before he went to space, Leonard gave Penny the heart locket before he went to sea. Women love that stuff.:tender:It's romantic. Lenny shippers love the heart almost as much as the snowflake.

 

On the other hand does the fact that he cheated on her on that trip decreases the romance a bit.

Lucky for Leonard that the heart did not become a symbol for his wondering lips; or maybe it did?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, lennyx3 said:

It's not as much about the jewelry as it's about what it symbolizes as a gift to the Beloved. Like Howard giving the star necklace to Bernie before he went to space, Leonard gave Penny the heart locket before he went to sea. Women love that stuff.:tender:It's romantic. Lenny shippers love the heart almost as much as the snowflake.

 

On the other hand does the fact that he cheated on her on that trip decreases the romance a bit.

Since Penny is still wearing it, I don't think the romance is decreased. She forgave a drunken, unenjoyable kiss and married him. They seem quite happy.:tender:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Since Penny is still wearing it, I don't think the romance is decreased. She forgave a drunken, unenjoyable kiss and married him. They seem quite happy.:tender:

She married him. Says more than a locket in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

She married him. Says more than a locket in my opinion. 

I know that the marriage is more important than the locket.  My response to you was about what the locket symbolized after you expressed your general lack of interest in jewelry and adornments. I never said the locket said more than the marriage.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Tripper unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Sheldon and Amy's relationship is iredeemably depressing, and the only thing to do with it is end it and get rid of Amy. The pattern is that Sheldon is not really attracted to Amy and doesn't much want to spend time with her: so Amy makes herself even less attractive by whining yet putting up with it. Nobody wants to be with a human doormat, and it's horrible to watch.

Evidently Beverly isn't much of a psychiatrist, as she didn't spot Amy's mental problems.  I liked her joke in the car with Penny, though

I thought the business of hiring Stuart for anything was quite funny. It didn't have to be in this episode, and the idea could have been taken further. Suppose it had been ealier in the season; then in the Opening Night Excitation, Amy could have been all ready for Sheldon, then Stuart comes in. Gross, perhaps, but funny. And a suitable cue for Amy to leave Pasadena for ever.

The queue scene was largely a waste of time, but I liked how Leonard asked Raj " when they returned you, did the aliens leave the probe in?".

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

Sheldon and Amy's relationship is iredeemably depressing, and the only thing to do with it is end it and get rid of Amy. The pattern is that Sheldon is not really attracted to Amy and doesn't much want to spend time with her: so Amy makes herself even less attractive by whining yet putting up with it. Nobody wants to be with a human doormat, and it's horrible to watch.

Evidently Beverly isn't much of a psychiatrist, as she didn't spot Amy's mental problems.  I liked her joke in the car with Penny, though

I thought the business of hiring Stuart for anything was quite funny. It didn't have to be in this episode, and the idea could have been taken further. Suppose it had been ealier in the season; then in the Opening Night Excitation, Amy could have been all ready for Sheldon, then Stuart comes in. Gross, perhaps, but funny. And a suitable cue for Amy to leave Pasadena for ever.

The queue scene was largely a waste of time, but I liked how Leonard asked Raj " when they returned you, did the aliens leave the probe in?".

 

There are way too many fans who like Amy and Shamy so there's not a chance in hell tptb are getting rid of her no matter how much you hate her.  

There is no pattern of Sheldon not being attracted to her and seriously?  You think he doesn't want to spend time with her?  Where does he ever show that on a regular basis?  Sheldon is the one that continues to go after her.

What mental problems do you think Amy has?  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On July 11, 2016 at 11:16 AM, JohnPhD said:

Sheldon and Amy's relationship is iredeemably depressing, and the only thing to do with it is end it and get rid of Amy. The pattern is that Sheldon is not really attracted to Amy and doesn't much want to spend time with her: so Amy makes herself even less attractive by whining yet putting up with it. Nobody wants to be with a human doormat, and it's horrible to watch.

Evidently Beverly isn't much of a psychiatrist, as she didn't spot Amy's mental problems.  I liked her joke in the car with Penny, though

I thought the business of hiring Stuart for anything was quite funny. It didn't have to be in this episode, and the idea could have been taken further. Suppose it had been ealier in the season; then in the Opening Night Excitation, Amy could have been all ready for Sheldon, then Stuart comes in. Gross, perhaps, but funny. And a suitable cue for Amy to leave Pasadena for ever.

The queue scene was largely a waste of time, but I liked how Leonard asked Raj " when they returned you, did the aliens leave the probe in?".

 

 

Better get used to Amy cause she's not going anywhere.

Edited by Tensor
Removed comment to comply with forum rules.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...