924 'The Convergence Convergence' (May 12)

Tripper

16 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Big mistake by Penny in the opening when she said she never expected Leonard would be her second marriage, her first marriage with him was her second marriage, the redo is her third.

Literally you are correct. Although in Penny's mind marrying Zack wasn't real.

• Like 1

Excellent episode.

I'm willing to overlook the bits I did not care for. It gets extra points from me just because of the guest stars. Now it will be nice if Penny's family shows up for 10.1. It is definitely the best season finally that we have had in a long time.

30 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Big mistake by Penny in the opening when she said she never expected Leonard would be her second marriage, her first marriage with him was her second marriage, the redo is her third.

I'd guess she does not consider that one with Zack a real marriage. And it was not as neither of them considered themselves married.

• Like 4

I liked it! It is implied that Penny and Sheldon have met Leonards father. I thought it was cute that Penny and Amy knew Mary and Alfred were flirting and it went right past the guys.

11 minutes ago, Earnie said:

Ok who else besides me and Penny think that Alfred and Mary ending up together at the end of night is hilarious also I am glad they didn't rush the wedding redo looks like it will be early next season overall really enjoyed the episode

I do!!  But personally I am so over a Leonard/Penny redo wedding...just my opinion, ready to move on to Shamy stuff, Bernies baby.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Earnie said:

Ok who else besides me and Penny think that Alfred and Mary ending up together at the end of night is hilarious also I am glad they didn't rush the wedding redo looks like it will be early next season overall really enjoyed the episode

Me too and I'm so hoping they did.  This was a great season ending cliffhanger, did Alfred and Mary hook up?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SRAM said:

Me too and I'm so hoping they did.  This was a great season ending cliffhanger, did Alfred and Mary hook up?

But I don't think I want Leonard and Sheldon to be Stepbrothers :icon_razz:

Love Judd Hirsch.  He has such a charming and awesome presence.  He really brought it.  Perfection.

I can see why Jim and Mayim were able to take a day off during rehearsal week for this episode.  For once all Sheldon had was a few lines followed by eye rolls.

8 minutes ago, SRAM said:

This was a great season ending cliffhanger, did Alfred and Mary hook up?

Who knows?  All we know is they left the dinner together to return to their hotel, and neither was answering their phone later.

Edited by Lady in Red

I'm going to have to watch it again, but it felt really low energy to me.  I didn't sense tension or anticipation., which I expect a little of from a season finale.

But like I said, I always like to do a second viewing to get a better grip on how I feel about an episode.

6 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I'm going to have to watch it again, but it felt really low energy to me.  I didn't sense tension or anticipation., which I expect a little of from a season finale.

But like I said, I always like to do a second viewing to get a better grip on how I feel about an episode.

Was that because your favorite couple wasn't front and center?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, vonmar said:

The previews gave most of it away.  I may need to stop watching them.

Edited by Lady in Red

4 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Was that because your favorite couple wasn't front and center?

I was stating a personal opinion about how I felt about the episode. It has nothing to do with any ship interactions.  For me it was about how I felt about the energy level I sensed.

But if it makes you feel better to think they way you do about my comment, go right ahead.

• Like 3

I think this episode is much better than the last one. The guest stars killed it. I also love Raj in this episode. He's more like the old Raj, sweet and innocent. The car chase scene was not as funny as I thought though.

There were a lot of cute Lenny moments. This is one of the few episodes in this season where Lenny act like a married couple. Also I do believe there's be a wedding redo in 10x01 because Amy said Penny's parents would be there on the next morning.

I don't want to talk about Shamy because they're back to rolling-eyes-at-each-other mode again. It's old and boring. It feels like Shamy are in this episode just becasue they're the main characters and the writers are obligated to write them some lines.

Love Mary and Amy's interactions. It seems she likes Amy a lot.

One question, what happened to Sheldon's hair? It looks like someone hit his head with a pan...

QQ20160512-0@2x_meitu_1.jpg

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I was stating a personal opinion about how I felt about the episode. It has nothing to do with any ship interactions.  For me it was about how I felt about the energy level I sensed.

But if it makes you feel better to think they way you do about my comment, go right ahead.

The fact is last season's finale was overkill. Way too much drama. As a poster said above and I agree that the writers seemed obligated to give Shamy some lines. And that wasn't even coming from a Lenny fan.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

I think this episode is much better than the last one. The guest stars killed it. I also love Raj in this episode. He's more like the old Raj, sweet and innocent. The car chase scene was not as funny as I thought though.

There were a lot of cute Lenny moments. This is one of the few episodes in this season where Lenny act like a married couple. Also I do believe there's be a wedding redo in 10x01 because Amy said Penny's parents would be there on the next morning.

I don't want to talk about Shamy because they're back to rolling-eyes-at-each-other mode again. It's old and boring. It feels like Shamy are in this episode just becasue they're the main characters and the writers are obligated to write them some lines.

Love Mary and Amy's interactions. It seems she likes Amy a lot.

One question, what happened to Sheldon's hair? It looks like someone hit his head with a pan...

QQ20160512-0@2x_meitu_1.jpg

I think you totally misinterpreted their eye interactions.  Their eye-rolling was about what others were doing, not what each other were doing.  Amy handled Sheldon as best she could so that he would not make a scene once he figured out about what Mary/Alfred were doing (flirting)....and she was trying to avoid him making a problem for Lenny.  So I don't have an issue with the way she kept asking him to play with his phone.   But any eye rolling they did were not at each other, but at others.   They were totally in sync in that regard and I liked that a lot.  I also liked he made sure to look at her as opposed to other people for clarifications and for verification of what he suspected was the right reaction.   At least that was how I took it.   I was quite happy with them overall because they seemed very in sync.   It wasn't a show about them and so I am okay with that as well because for once we FINALLY saw Lenny acting like a very happy married couple and that was worth gold.   Plus the parents were worth gold.  

Don't worry about Shamy...they are in a good place.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Oldnavy said:

If we get to meet the rest of Penny's family next season, who would you like to see play her brother?

That is a tough one.   Sadly they already used on the show a person in the past that I would have felt would have made a hilarious meth cooking brother, so he won't be considered.   I don't necessarily think he has to "look" like Penny that much, but he should look like someone that has led a pretty "strung out" life I think.   

• Like 1

The episode felt like it went by too fast. You would think that for a finale they'd make it a bit longer. It's not like they haven't done that before.

Mary and Beverly were hilarious. Beverly's "Read another book" was fucking genious.

I was indifferent to Alfred...Supposedly he has a good relationship with Leonard and even Penny but it felt sudden. We should have seen him sooner, when things started to get serious for Leonard and Penny.

I really liked Amy's interactions with Mary.

Penny at the end was awesome. That would have been my exact reaction - the others freaking out and me having the time of my life :D

• Like 2