924 'The Convergence Convergence' (May 12)

I really thought this was the best espiode of the season I laughed a lot loved penny in the end of the espiode I think it was the best finale of the series so far

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 6

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought it was the funniest episode for a LONG time. While I love the relationships as much as the next guy and am so happy to see Lenny in such a good place leading into Season 10, my primary reason

really loved this episode!! I had such low expectations for it tbh, I thought Howardette/Raj military storyline would be dull, but I really liked it!  And Beverly / Mary were amazing as always

This episode was definitely the funniest for me in a while. The guests really made it and stole the show. Loved the Lenny sweetness. Loved the girls making plans and Amy being overeager to be MoH

Posted Images

A finale like this implies a potential tendency to go back to stalling. I can already see the Season 11-13 announcement.

Whatever the Howard/Raj/Bernadette plot was it needed to be left on the scrap table.

So we have an annoying cold stereotypical atheist, an overly religious stereotype with an even worse personality, and an agnostic man. This all is essentially a love triangle. The chemistry between Mary and Alfred was not there, and Alfred was kind of a boring man. Would've preferred a Leonard/dad growth plot or something, instead of one scene where he comments on how miffed he is that his son is with Penny. Get it? Hot blonde and nerd. #StillZany #2016

The one compliment I'll give is that maybe Leonard/Sheldon being brothers will add a new layer to their stale dynamic. Otherwise, guess the writers got stumped on how to end the season after pulling the pregnancy and Shamy sex out too early. Raj didn't even need to be central these past two episodes, but at least update on his status with Claire after what she learned about Emily. Also it's scary that since the Valentine break up, Emily has only appeared ONCE in a TAG in bed with Raj. Why even force a conflict and bring Emily back up if that's all you've done with it. Why not, I don't know, wait until Season 10 to have Emily notice Raj is with a new girl and she starts to interfere with that. Raj is given some actual conflicted emotions about the situation instead of being a player, and Emily is given a proper explanation for being deemed "manipulative".

See you in September.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, loverofallnerdythings394 said:

Yes, she does have a sister.

...and Leonard has both a brother and a sister. Leonard only brought up inviting his dad.

Edited by djsurrey
gr
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, djsurrey said:

...and Leonard has both a brother and a sister. Leonard only brought inviting his dad.

Or, his brother and sister were invited, but couldn't make it. We really didn't get any clarity on this.  

Hilarious episode! The funniest one of the year IMO.

I though the interaction between Leonard's Mother and Father was great. I also liked Mary Cooper and her interactions with both Leonard's parents. In fact, I thought everyone was excellent tonight.

I thought Howard was overreacting to his circumstances but the way it was portrayed was great. I also agree with many of you that the way they had Amy control Sheldon was very entertaining and I loved the ending. Penny's comments at the end was great and I loved Leonard and Sheldon's faces when they started to figure out what was going on.

I am really looking forward to the start of season 10.

Any thoughts on who might play Penny's mother and sister?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Or, his brother and sister were invited, but couldn't make it. We really didn't get any clarity on this.  

I was not very clear. I meant that Leonard specifically mentioned inviting his father in the cold open but no one else.

Edited by djsurrey
sp

Well, this episode was the exactly the short of thing I wish they had done for Leonard and Penny's wedding in the first place. In a vacuum where this episode would have stood alone, I would have simply really enjoyed it, except for the fact that Sheldon is regulated to the background position of being totally clueless the entire time. I suppose that's IC for him, not to understand the dynamics of what's happening around him, but it went a little too far and just makes him seem so stupid.

However, taken in context of everything else that's going on and where it happened in the season and what's gone before, I just toss my hands a bit. I wish that Leonard and Penny had not gotten married in Vegas over Leonard's revelation about cheating, that they could have spent the first half of the season dealing with the issue in parallel to Shamy dealing with theirs, and then, when everyone came to a good place and understanding, they decided to start planning an actual wedding. And the last two of three episodes could have been doing the whole thing right, with all of the amazing guest stars and other family members we haven't met but have been curious about, and we would have ended the season that way. I think that, with everything else that happened this season, particularly Leonard and Penny not moving into their own place because the writers are not ready for that, so much of it would have made more sense.

But, obviously, you can't change the past. And so we go into another Leonard and Penny wedding that will, once again, bridge over the summer months. Oi. At this episode was solid and funny for the most part. Howard and Raj freaking out over the government thing went on too long, I think, but whatever.

And you can hate Bev, but love Christine Baranski, right? I mean, what she does with every line and grimace and smirk and stare is to be marveled at; she is so brilliant and so funny. Laurie and Judd were incredible as well, but Christine just takes the cake for me. I really, truly felt that Beverly was honestly upset about seeing her ex-husband, and that she is hurt about the end of their marriage and still hasn't gotten over it at all. It's weird, but I feel for her.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Lionne said:

I would have simply really enjoyed it, except for the fact that Sheldon is regulated to the background position of being totally clueless the entire time. I suppose that's IC for him, not to understand the dynamics of what's happening around him, but it went a little too far and just makes him seem so stupid.

This, yes. It's weird because back to the first few seasons I wouldn't feel this way. I would laugh at his cluelessness so hard. Maybe these jokes are too old now or maybe I have changed? I don't know, because I found myself reacting to Sheldon's lines in this episode mostly with "Uhh...Ok..."

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 2

I don't think all siblings will be there, but I think the definite will be Penny's mother. I know Kaley wants Lisa Kudrow, and I'd be all for that. Although her mother from 8 Rules would be fun too. But I feel like someone who looks like they belong with Wyatt should be older? 

43 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I loved how Alfred told he was tired and was going to call it a night, and Mary said she was "tuckered out, herself."  Yet they both agreed to extend the night with a nightcap.  Doesn't sound as if there were all that tired.   Loved that they are going to spend more than one episode on the redo.  Might be nice for a Penny family introduction in the premier and the redo in the second episode. 

This sums up my feelings for the actor and the character.  

Based on some of Molaro's comments, that's what I am guessing is going to happen.

For me, my only complaint about the episode is that maybe they could have done away with an episode like Viewing Party and move everything back an episode.  It just felt so unfinished.  Which would be fine if we were gonna see the follow up next week.  But we aren't going to see it for about 4.5 months.  Molaro's comments that they are going to continue the storying barring something unexpected makes me feel a little bit better.

• Like 4

Funny episode, I loved the casting of Leonard's father, he was hilarious, as all the other guest stars. I could have done without Howard\Raj\Bernie plot, SH made the best he could with his lines, as usual, but I would have rather preferred some more awkward scenes between the two mothers or at the restaurant than that fake car chase. For the rest, it was very sweet, Lenny were very in sync and I'm looking forward their redo. I hope it turns out as  the wedding they deserved in the first place. Happy to see Mary and Amy got along well and the few interactions between Shamy were nice. Oblivious Sheldon went on a bit too long, but to be fair how could he expect that his deeply religious creationist mother could be attracted by an agnostic anthropologist? If that relationship works, it will restore my faith in love forever! I also agree that it could be a bit rushed to introduce some members of Penny's family for the first time (Molaro mentioned her mother and brother) and having a proper redo in the same episode; two back to back episodes would be great (was that a kind of tradition up to this season for TBBT to have back-to-back episodes as a premiere?) It didn't feel like a finale, TBH, but actually I prefer drama-free "cliffhanger" once in a while and to imagine whether Shelnard will and up being brothers, how the wedding will be and the castings for Penny's mother will keep us happily busy all summer, without wondering whether the sky is falling (as we did last year...)

• Like 7

Really, really enjoyed this one! 

Love that Leonard and Penny will be -- SEEMINGLY -- getting their nuptial due, especially after that first piece of shit wedding. A tad worried that TPTB, who thought the Sheldon interruption/Shamy fight during the ceremony was hilarious and something completely acceptable to do fans who waited years to see the Lenny wedding, makes me wonder what 'hilarious' wrench they might throw during the re-do. With the Beverly, Alfred dynamic brewing and the inclusion of Penny's family (yea! -- cannot wait to meet her meth cooking brother!) the field will be ripe for something untoward to happen and rife with possibilities! 

Loved Amy questing for the Maid of Honor honors. I just hope she wears her tiara with her purple satin dress! 

Loved Alfred and how he and Beverly interacted! I am digging the Alverly! Alfred once knelt naked before Bev while having his ass swatted with Leonard's ping-pong paddle. After tonight, I don't see so much hostility between them as much as suppressed heat and fireworks. To me, it felt like Beverly was very hurt and still missing her life with Alfred. Unbelievably, I felt for her.

Didn't really feel the Albert/Mary chemistry or heat. But I really like both of them and I thought Mary was a hoot tonight -- pulling out her cross and suggesting that maybe they should stop and buy some garlic! 

Bev and Mary were wonderful together! I really preferred their interactions tonight rather than the ones we were given in The Maternal Combustion. Their attitude and dialogue tonight was more like the Clash of the Titans, something I felt we didn't really get during their Season 8 meeting. 

And I'm wondering why they wrote that 'Alfred is broke'. A throw away line so Bev can have one last slice at total emasculation?  Nobody wants Leonard and Penny out of 4A quicker than me but ... do you think that Lenny will need to put Alfred up in 4B? I'd be good with that!

• Like 8

Seen most of the clips, looked like the guest stars stole the show and it was a strong episode to end the season. The poster who said they could have dumped the awful Viewing Party Combustion so we could have had this episode and another after it I would agree. I guess cost and scheduling would have been an issue if they had continued this particular storyline for three episodes.

I guess the big question and debate over the summer will be is did they hook up or not and what might be the ramifications in Season 10 if they did? I think is a good chance there might be a twist in that they didn't, but we get to see some freaking out between Leonard and Sheldon in the next episode. Though even if they did hook up it could just have been one of those one night stand things so nothing else will happen between them. 

On a side note loved how Amy saw it developing early on, and her reaction when they both left together was funny.:icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 3

The ending was hilarious with it dawning on Sheldon and Leonard that something was up and Penny's reaction. Probably the funniest end scene for quite a while.

Actually enjoyed parts of the Howard/Bernadette/Raj scenes. When Howard is in paranoid/freak out mode he can be very funny, I think I've actually enjoyed Howard a lot more this season, some of his writing has been pretty good.

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 7