Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

They ran into each other in The Fermentation Bifurcation.  Zack pops up in Lenny's life.

He did. But what transpired in the episode had nothing do with them. The whole group, minus Sheldon and Bernie, were there. What would have been more interesting would have been if Shamy had bumped into Kripke. They could of discussed what Sheldon had told him about their sex life in season 6 or Kripke sending nude picture of himself to Amy. Far more interesting IMO than the repetitive once a year coitus story.

Well yeah Shamys sex life has just been turned into a yearly gag. Generally sex takes a backseat in their relationship. Until it's Amy's birthday. Fundamental problem their. In terms of the writing. But it is what it is. 

36 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

He did. But what transpired in the episode had nothing do with them. The whole group, minus Sheldon and Bernie, were there. What would have been more interesting would have been if Shamy had bumped into Kripke. They could of discussed what Sheldon had told him about their sex life in season 6 or Kripke sending nude picture of himself to Amy. Far more interesting IMO than the repetitive once a year coitus story.

I like your "Kripke meeting Shamy"idea, and I agree it's more interesting. Because for years I wonder why Kripke never told Amy what Sheldon told him about their sex life, and base on what we learned about Kripke, the man has no filter and he doesn't really care about that. And I hate to say this but I think Kripke sent Amy his nude photo because he thought Amy would appreciate that, considering what he learned about "Shamy's sex life", but now apparently Sheldon told him they only do it once a year.

And what happened to Sheldon's eidetic memory?

Edited by snapepans
Grammar error

3 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Well whatever you call it seems the stories are drying up. This episode had them still talking about the once a year coitus and Raj's dependency on his father's money. My daughters high school creative writing class IMO could of done this.

The stories have been drying up for 4 seasons already ...

24 minutes ago, snapepans said:

I like your "Kripke meeting Shamy"idea, and I agree it's more interesting. Because for years I wonder why Kripke never told Amy what Sheldon told him about their sex life, and base on what we learned about Kripke, the man has no filter and he doesn't really care about that. And I hate to say this but I think Kripke sent Amy his nude photo because he thought Amy would appreciate that, considering what he learned about "Shamy's sex life", but now apparently Sheldon told him they only do it once a year.

What happened to Sheldon :icon_cheesygrin:.

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

1 hour ago, snapepans said:

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Sheldon started growing up. He hit adolescence a couple of years ago. We're not supposed to start losing our memory until we're growing old but he's only about 36. Perhaps Sheldon's brain is wearing out through all the work it's been given. Or maybe it's just the writers whose memory is poor.

1 hour ago, April said:

The issue with Kripke is that his actor John Ross Bowie is currently busy with his own sitcom "Speechless" and that's probably the reason they've brought in Bert so much this season. Not so much as a Zack substitute as per @vonmar's suggestion but to fill the "wacky Caltech employee outside the gang" vacancy. I'm almost certain if JRB was fully available a lot of the Bert stories would have written with Kripke instead. Then again being forced to use Bert certainly gave them a few more ideas that they couldn't do with Kripke.

It gave them different ideas but also took some away. I think Sheldon dealing with Bert is easier for him than dealing with Kripke.

1 hour ago, April said:

The issue with Kripke is that his actor John Ross Bowie is currently busy with his own sitcom "Speechless" and that's probably the reason they've brought in Bert so much this season. Not so much as a Zack substitute as per @vonmar's suggestion but to fill the "wacky Caltech employee outside the gang" vacancy. I'm almost certain if JRB was fully available a lot of the Bert stories would have written with Kripke instead. Then again being forced to use Bert certainly gave them a few more ideas that they couldn't do with Kripke.

Personally I like more Kripke  than Bert, as he would give a crazier tone to the plotlines, which I love. However Bert 's add will allow more thoughtful stuff to some of things shamy would need to work on yet in their relationship or as individually, which I love too. Good option there.

Edited by spidergirl

On 2/15/2017 at 2:31 PM, spidergirl said:

Personally I like more Kripke  than Bert.

I stopped liking Kripke when he sent Amy the naked picture of himself, then asked her (on a live web show no less), "How many men did you have sex with?"

He used to be funny, but now he's just creepy and pervy. vomit.gif.02d37a6cbd77716679ad09c537b59f53.gif

Edited by Stephen Hawking

1 hour ago, spidergirl said:

Personally I like more Kripke  than Bert, as he would give a crazier tone to the plotlines, which I love. However Bert 's add will allow more thoughtful stuff to some of things shamy would need to work on yet in their relationship or as individually, which I love too. Good option there.

Things have always been made easier for Sheldon. Leonard's kiss with Mandy and Penny's marriage to Zack were events never seen but made into stories. Sheldon on the other hand discusses sex acts with Kripke but the writers have completely forgotten that.

1 hour ago, spidergirl said:

Kripke is much more fun to watch than Bert, first of all you have his crazy accent,then you have all his different ways to piss Sheldon off and with Bert I don't think anything funny at all happen. 

Edited by Lagernisse

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I stopped liking Kripke when he sent Amy the naked picture of himself, then asked her (on a live web show no less), "How many men do you have sex with?"

He used to be funny, but now he's just creepy and pervy. vomit.gif.02d37a6cbd77716679ad09c537b59f53.gif

Kripke has always   been creepy and pervy. 

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

Kripke has always   been creepy and pervy. 

True! There were a few pervy and creepy things in show that have made me laugh, others dont, it depends of the offensive  level which depends on situations , that s my personal opinion, course.Some of the Kripke stuff didnt make me laugh but overall, he made me laugh. His accent is enough for that. 

Edited by spidergirl

15 hours ago, legacy99 said:

My thought is that amy has wanted this for so long it's all she will want to talk about. Unfortunately for tptb they have already used the broken bed story

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Amy started talking about sex all the time after she suddenly became a slave to her hormones. An old-fashioned caricature - a sex-starved woman obsessed with sex. I don't know that she's talked about it any more than before since actually experiencing it.

Incidentally, re Amy's inappropriate conversational habits,  some of her TMI descriptions of her internal structure to P & B suggest that she would be unwise to attempt childbirth. This is one of a number of things that Penny knows about Amy that Sheldon doesn't know but needs to. It seems to me Penny ought to talk them over with Leonard to decide if they should tell Sheldon; but on the other hand, if the writers never give it a thought, what's the point of my thinking about it?

17 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

No because leonard or penny would not discuss their sex lives with total strangers. That's the difference.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Can't remember but was Zach or Claire there at the wine bar when Penny said Leonard mutters E=Mc2 to last longer during sex? Would have to re-watch that scene, but that was in a public place any stranger could have overheard that.

And I was very critical at the time of Penny for revealing that.

Edited by Jonny

Can't remember but was Zach or Claire there at the wine bar when Penny said Leonard mutters E=Mc2 to last longer during sex? Would have to re-watch that scene, but that was in a public place any stranger could have overheard that.

And I was very critical with Penny that she told people that.

Really. How is that the same? Even if they heard they probably are ppls they will never see again and would careless, so no need to qossip it. And I think it was just the gang minus sheldon and bernie. Claire and zack were not present.

Really. How is that the same? Even if they heard they probably are ppls they will never see again and would careless, so no need to qossip it. And I think it was just the gang minus sheldon and bernie. Claire and zack were not present at the time.

And how is that bad compare to the once a year sex.