Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

16,012 posts in this topic

Posted

3 hours ago, Strawberry said:

Reminder for anyone else in the United Kingdom: E4 are showing episodes 1 to 11 of the current series today, starting at 1.50 pm. Also, episode 12 is on on Thursday at 8.30 pm.

It'll be fun to watch it with the transcripts on the computer screen to see what lines are missed out in the daytime episodes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

12 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Concur there are more stories to tell with Lenny.  As I stated before, I think Johnny Galecki realized this and it was a major point in his contract negotiations. Believe the writers can come up with other plotlines such as:  A sales award and banquet dinner for Penny and a promotion,  Have Lenny visit her parents in Nebraska....would like to see Leonard on a farm, Have Lenny go to Leonard's 20 year high school reunion with a beautiful wife to show his geeky friends and bullies.  These are just some storylines they can tell and I am sure there are plenty more. As far as Penny getting pregnant, now that the show is extended for another two years it probably will not happen this year. Most likely next year unless Kaley gets pregnant  IRL.

o_00454.gif.1862cc94c3a8698c56c652644bdf2581.gif

Yeah, it's high time to find out!  :icon_cheesygrin:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

On 17/02/2017 at 6:05 AM, Camelot said:

Yes. Speaking for myself, I'd be happier if the show were killed off than continue as the Shamy Show with occasional glimpses of Lenny. But as long as it's on I have this ever-disappointed hope that the creators will see sense and the fog of Amy will dissolve and Penny will be back in her rightful place as sole and undisputed romantic heroine. The triumph of hope over experience.

" It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. " (Clockwise).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

9 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

Yes. Speaking for myself, I'd be happier if the show were killed off than continue as the Shamy Show with occasional glimpses of Lenny. But as long as it's on I have this ever-disappointed hope that the creators will see sense and the fog of Amy will dissolve and Penny will be back in her rightful place as sole and undisputed romantic heroine. The triumph of hope over experience.

" It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. " (Clockwise).

g_72.gif.acf4fbd08a6b5f0b373ecb5f77defd85.gif

(Maybe sarcasm has crossed my path…) :shy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:


I hope you are right about Johnny. The interview did come across that way. I just want to see them do more than just fighting and standing at the kitchen island. I'm all for going to Nebraska or even New Jersey, a weekend away. All these could have some fun plots. I would also like to see less of mean penny. Find her something that she likes doing, also tptb could maybe find them a shared hobbie and more of the little gestures that show how much they mean to each other. Anything that shows them in a good light and a major plot is way overdue. (Without the leech) Obviously not all lovey dovey, there could be obstacles in the way but seeing them overcome them could be fun.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 

I can only agree because there are all kind of stories the writers can do with Lenny, if they just want to. 

Edited by Lagernisse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

5 hours ago, joyceraye said:

It'll be fun to watch it with the transcripts on the computer screen to see what lines are missed out in the daytime episodes.

The entire sex dungeon scene and comic book store with ass less chaps discussion. 

joyceraye and 5Mississippis like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

   Do not talk about other posters, or their opinions on show.   Any more talk about other members opinions, or how they post, will get warnings.  
Several posts have been hidden, and or edited.  I kept this post to clarify the rules.  Anyone who has a question, PM me, or start a thread in "The Site" part of the forum.  Do not ask questions in this thread.  
 
  Exactly.  Shipper threads are for supportive statements about the ship.  This thread, the Shipping Lanes thread, and/or the specific episode thread are where complaints about a ship go.  

:)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Carlos, JE7 and 5Mississippis like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Taping next week. I wonder what recycled lesson is in store for sheldon or the new thing he is an expert at. Can't wait to find out. Not...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

john2p, Carlos, veejay and 5 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

 Let me make this perfectly clear, since some of you didn't seem to get the message.  Talk about the show, not about other posters or members of other ships.

Derogatory or negative comments about other posters, other ships, or members of other ships, or how others post,  will result in warnings (as it did here).  This applies not to just this thread, it applies to the entire forum.   If you want to talk about the rules or have question, start a thread in "The Site" part of the forum, or send a PM to the staff.   If you see a post that you think violates our rules, report it, don't answer it.  

However, remember that complaints about the show, how characters are used, in this season (and some of other seasons on a case by case basis), are allowed in the Season 10 discussion thread, and the Season 10 Shipping Lanes thread.  They are also allowed in the specific episode thread, if the complaint pertains to what happened in that episode.

Posts have been hidden, edited, and warning were issued.  

joyceraye, JE7, serenaded214 and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I can't help wonder if the episodes with spoiled Raj and Raj with his ex girlfriends might not be a set up for the release of Beauty and the Beast.  Raj being the BBT beast (ugg RajTM ). Love to have Emma Watson make an appearance! Perhaps Raj could have a dream sequence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

4 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Does anyone think in the next two seasons the writers might explore Penny going back to her acting career? 

 

 

 

 

 

Hopefully *hides*

snapepans likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

20 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Does anyone think in the next two seasons the writers might explore Penny going back to her acting career? 

 

 

 

 

 

I can see Penny taking part in TV adverts for her firm, playing herself. 

9 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

Maybe the winter blahs are getting to me, but I was thinking that a beach trip for the gang could be fun. Think about it... Penny and Leonard partying with spring-breakers, Howard and Raj using a metal detector and geeking out about it, an on-location episode of "Fun with Flags," and/or the guys getting really competitive designing Game of Thrones-inspired sandcastles... I mean, the episode practically writes itself. Let's go!

Sounds like fun. In The Big Bear Precipitation Shamy said 'never had they ever' stepped in the ocean. Perhaps they could do it for the first time.

10 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

Taping next week. I wonder what recycled lesson is in store for sheldon or the new thing he is an expert at. Can't wait to find out. Not...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 

In real life the same lessons need to be reinforced sometimes. It's fun to watch Sheldon learning even when I know in real life nobody would put up with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

31 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Hopefully *hides*

Gotta be better than endless episodes of Lenny sniping at each other 

joyceraye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

7 hours ago, Tensor said:

 Let me make this perfectly clear, since some of you didn't seem to get the message.  Talk about the show, not about other posters or members of other ships.

Derogatory or negative comments about other posters, other ships, or members of other ships, or how others post,  will result in warnings (as it did here).  This applies not to just this thread, it applies to the entire forum.   If you want to talk about the rules or have question, start a thread in "The Site" part of the forum, or send a PM to the staff.   If you see a post that you think violates our rules, report it, don't answer it.  

However, remember that complaints about the show, how characters are used, in this season (and some of other seasons on a case by case basis), are allowed in the Season 10 discussion thread, and the Season 10 Shipping Lanes thread.  They are also allowed in the specific episode thread, if the complaint pertains to what happened in that episode.

Posts have been hidden, edited, and warning were issued.  

 

1bdf9ee56f40a6fd18a4a1affba2ec2e.jpg

40 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Does anyone think in the next two seasons the writers might explore Penny going back to her acting career? 

 

 

 

 

 

I sincerely hope not....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

2 minutes ago, JE7 said:

 

1bdf9ee56f40a6fd18a4a1affba2ec2e.jpg

I sincerely hope not....

 

Why not? Maybe this time she will be more successful with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Why not? Maybe this time she will be more successful with it

One she wasn't good not to mention successful at it, it only brought her angst and self doubt

Two she finally gave up on her childish dream to be "a FAMOUS actress" it was always more about the fame than the acting with her, going back would be regressing when she should be moving forward

 

Edited by JE7
joyceraye, Jonny, hokie3457 and 4 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

1 hour ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Does anyone think in the next two seasons the writers might explore Penny going back to her acting career? 

 

 

 

 

 

It might not be a popular answer, or the convention for a sitcom, but I actually hope she doesn't. IMO, Penny never had much of a "career" as an actress; it was more a dream. And dreams don't always come true. I find it makes her a more interesting character to deal with not achieving her acting dream, and struggling to find happiness and fulfillment elsewhere. 

I would like to see more stories focussed on Penny (and Lenny), though, just not this particular return-to-acting one. Because life, and stories, don't end when you marry and find financial/career success. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

20 minutes ago, JE7 said:

One she wasn't good not to mention successful at it, it only brought her angst and self doubt

Two she finally gave up on her childish dream to be "a FAMOUS actress" it was always more about the fame than the acting with her, going back would be regressing when she should be moving forward

 

Hmmm well even if that might be true, I can't see her doing pharmaceutical sales for the rest of time, maybe tptb can have her explore careers that interest her

bfm, snapepans, JohnPhD and 3 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now