Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Happy taping day! 

Okay maybe Leoanrd didn't cheat maybe he didn't which still seem to be a hot debate around here but truth of matter is many women would not like it if their Boyfriend or husband iss other women even drunk. Amy and Bernadette are exception. She can trust them 

 

I tihnk Penny trust Leoanrd but doesn't trust other women if that makes sense. 

I think both of them trust each other. The fact that Leonard knows she flirts with doctors in her job (something that I personally don't like, not because of their relationship but because it keeps it as if the only thing she's got is her looks)  and doesn't freak out about it every day shows how much he trusts her.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, bfm said:

I think both of them trust each other. The fact that Leonard knows she flirts with doctors in her job (something that I personally don't like, not because of their relationship but because it keeps it as if the only thing she's got is her looks)  and doesn't freak out about it every day shows how much he trusts her.

Well she doesn't have the brains for it. You know, IRL you have to have at LEAST at Bachelor's Degree to be a pharmaceutical representative. You can't get that at Pasedena Community College, especially if you only took one class there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, vonmar said:

This is kind of sad, how shallow and superficial are the people in this "outside the nerd world" you speak of. 

Not at all. Penny is a better person than Amy in every respect except scientific ability. Ever since Amy was introduced, unattractive and unpleasant, I've thought it's rather a pity that in TBBT world beauty is more than skin deep, and you can judge a book by its cover, so far as the women are concerned.

As for Amy being an ugly duckling, that's long ago, and she's done what most ugly ducklings sadly do - grown up into an ugly duck.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

Well she doesn't have the brains for it. You know, IRL you have to have at LEAST at Bachelor's Degree to be a pharmaceutical representative. You can't get that at Pasedena Community College, especially if you only took one class there.

And Sheldon has what four or five degrees and what does he have to show for it? His career has been a total bust.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

Not at all. Penny is a better person than Amy in every respect except scientific ability. Ever since Amy was introduced, unattractive and unpleasant, I've thought it's rather a pity that in TBBT world beauty is more than skin deep, and you can judge a book by its cover, so far as the women are concerned.

As for Amy being an ugly duckling, that's long ago, and she's done what most ugly ducklings sadly do - grown up into an ugly duck.

Oh boy. LOL

a_04.gif.15ee7dc7b00ec68f554b1bb741640d76.gif

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Re: cheating. I disagree that genes encode for complex social behaviour like cheating. Ducklings imprinting on the first moving animal? Sure. Human babies rooting for the nipple and instinctively sucking? Sure. Even genes giving us higher libidos, or a desire to mate with multiple partners. But cheating is a different beast. 
Have the "cheating" gene? Fine--don't marry, don't marry with the promise of fidelity, have a frank discussion with your spouse about opening the marriage, or ending the marriage. Maybe even seek medical assessment if your spouse's libido is exceptionally low to ensure there's not a physical or hormonal cause, and you think that's a "cause" of your wanting to cheat. All of these are viable options. But choosing to cheat--which is fundamentally about lying and being dishonest with your supposed life partner--is not ok, and not "genetically compelled". There are other behavioural options. Having those genes is no excuse for shitty behaviour. 

Yes! Couldn't have said it better myself

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wowbagger said:

and in the meantime - and I really cannot believe that this needs to be reiterated so fucking often - it is possible to enjoy BOTH characters, Penny AND Amy.

Boo-yeah!

THANK YOU.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

and in the meantime - and I really cannot believe that this needs to be reiterated so fucking often - it is possible to enjoy BOTH characters, Penny AND Amy.

Yeah and that a character is more than beauty too. As all concepts, beauty is a relative trait as well.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, April said:

There's a link to the study in the sciencealert article @MTBigBangTheoryFan linked earlier if that helps.

 

9 hours ago, April said:

There's a link to the study in the sciencealert article @MTBigBangTheoryFan linked earlier if that helps.

Thanks.  My apologies as I missed the link, when I was reading the article the first time.    After reading that, I really don't see where it shows anything.  They even admit their conclusions are tentative, and require more study.  That their error bars are rather large and they also point out that this study, is a direct contradiction of a previous study.  So, I'm not sure what exactly you think this proves.   All I really see is a call for more investigation, as no one is sure, at that time, whether there is a demonstrable genetic link and if there is whether it's in men or women.  

It's also interesting that the finding is much stronger in women, replicates some previous studies in women, but only does it in men for the first time.  They don't rule out the possibility that the results may be a statistical anomaly for this study group.  So, I don't see where there shows anything for Leonard, but it would possibly explain Penny's actions, earlier in her life.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re. cheating - Here's a good way to determine it.  If it's something you wouldn't do in front of your SO (anything physical with another person), then it's cheating.  If it's something you would do, and you still love and care for your SO, then it's not.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Re. cheating - Here's a good way to determine it.  If it's something you wouldn't do in front of your SO (anything physical with another person), then it's cheating.  If it's something you would do, and you still love and care for your SO, then it's not.


Hmm Never thought about about it that way. Good point. But I hope you peck in cheek or a hug and not coitus In from of SO


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

and in the meantime - and I really cannot believe that this needs to be reiterated so fucking often - it is possible to enjoy BOTH characters, Penny AND Amy.

So what? It's quite possible to enjoy unpleasant characters. Beverly and Kripke are two of my favourite occasionals. I didn't mind Amy when she was just obnoxious, as Sheldon's "friend who is a girl". It's when she became repulsively needy and a slave to her hormones that I began to dislike the character.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Re. cheating - Here's a good way to determine it.  If it's something you wouldn't do in front of your SO (anything physical with another person), then it's cheating.  If it's something you would do, and you still love and care for your SO, then it's not.

Something similar, if you don't want your SO doing something sexually, and you're doing it, you're cheating.  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Re. cheating - Here's a good way to determine it.  If it's something you wouldn't do in front of your SO (anything physical with another person), then it's cheating.  If it's something you would do, and you still love and care for your SO, then it's not.

Not necessarily. Just got married and was standing in the wedding party line for people to congratulate you. My ex girlfriend (who was there with her husband) came up. It's not unusual to give or get a kiss on the cheek. She comes up and plants a kiss right on the lips in front of wife and family. Wife wasn't happy though she knew it wasn't my fault. I'm not sure how I could of avoided that.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

So what? It's quite possible to enjoy unpleasant characters. Beverly and Kripke are two of my favourite occasionals. I didn't mind Amy when she was just obnoxious, as Sheldon's "friend who is a girl". It's when she became repulsively needy and a slave to her hormones that I began to dislike the character.

Can you please be more specific as to exactly what it is she did to make her "repulsively needy and a slave to her hormones."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just by been on this forum most of us are cheating. Lol. I ogle Penny all the time. But my SO knows my obsession and is fine with it. I think. Just because it's fictional doesn't make it right. On another note. If you caught your other half with a blow up doll. Would you consider that cheating? And no I haven't got one of penny.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Not necessarily. Just got married and was standing in the wedding party line for people to congratulate you. My ex girlfriend (who was there with her husband) came up. It's not unusual to give or get a kiss on the cheek. She comes up and plants a kiss right on the lips in front of wife and family. Wife wasn't happy though she knew it wasn't my fault. I'm not sure how I could of avoided that.

In that scenario, I would say you definitely didn't do anything wrong and with her it depends.  For example, I know a girl who kisses every male she knows on the lips as a greeting.  And females she gives bear hugs.  She's extremely affectionate.  It's just her nature.  The first time she met my husband, he got a bear hug like me.  The next couple of times she saw him, she kissed him on the lips.  It's always closed mouth with her but it's just the way she is and it doesn't bother me.  

In your case, maybe she felt comfortable enough with you.  After all, she did get an invite, right?  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Just by been on this forum most of us are cheating. Lol. I ogle Penny all the time. But my SO knows my obsession and is fine with it. I think. Just because it's fictional doesn't make it right. On another note. If you caught your other half with a blow up doll. Would you consider that cheating? And no I haven't got one of penny.

crying3.gif.0fd703aea36419e30189948e048ce8ae.gif

:icon_cheesygrin:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Boo-yeah!

THANK YOU.

Ha!  I had a 4-year old niece (okay. I'm old. It was a grand-niece.) use the term "boo-yeah" in the correct context.  Laughed soooo hard!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would consider my SO flirting with doctors as something akin to cheating, especially if one came by with flowers.  But really that is not the point, the point was that Leonard was subconsciously trying to sabotage the wedding because of his insecurities.  Penny then tried to sabotage the marriage with her insecurities, Mandy was another of those smart girls Penny thinks Leonard will leave her for, like Alex was in season 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

In that scenario, I would say you definitely didn't do anything wrong and with her it depends.  For example, I know a girl who kisses every male she knows on the lips as a greeting.  And females she gives bear hugs.  She's extremely affectionate.  It's just her nature.  The first time she met my husband, he got a bear hug like me.  The next couple of times she saw him, she kissed him on the lips.  It's always closed mouth with her but it's just the way she is and it doesn't bother me.  

In your case, maybe she felt comfortable enough with you.  After all, she did get an invite, right?  

She did although the kiss was unexpected. Sort of the point of my the story is we don't know exactly how long Leonard/Mandy kiss was? Leonard had been drinking and time kind of moves at a different pace. It appears Mandy kissed him. Since no one saw we will never know. To me the bigger problem was He didn't tell Penny. Was it because he was guilty? Scared of her reaction? Didn't know long the kiss was?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now