Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

From TBBT You Tube Channel...

• Like 6

Do we know why Sheldon is wearing the visor? lol

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, vonmar said:

In the olden days, people who did detailed oriented work like bankers, newspaper copy editors, accountants etc...used to wear a visor or green eyeshade which reduced eyestrain from harsh lighting.  Wikipedia 

We know how Sheldon loves to dress for a role he is taking on, so of course he put one on.

Ohhh makes sense lmao. Thanks!

7 minutes ago, vonmar said:

In the olden days, people who did detailed oriented work like bankers, newspaper copy editors, accountants etc...used to wear a visor or green eyeshade which reduced eyestrain from harsh lighting.  Wikipedia 

We know how Sheldon loves to dress for a role he is taking on, so of course he put one on.

Lol that's cute.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chrismo said:

And Sheldon has what four or five degrees and what does he have to show for it? His career has been a total bust.

What does that have to do with Penny's qualifications for her job? It is irrelevant to the topic.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Judith said:

Oh yeah, TPTB have allowed a supportive character to surpass the supposedly central female character of the show in screentime/plots/lines because she's TOTES ~unpleasant and ~unattractive. Not even Sheldon has the power to do that. People LIKE the character and WANT to see more of her, otherwise she wouldn't be here now.

Sheldon's a jerk and the furthest thing from a hunk, yet he's been given greatly increased focus over the years.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

Re. cheating - Here's a good way to determine it.  If it's something you wouldn't do in front of your SO (anything physical with another person), then it's cheating.  If it's something you would do, and you still love and care for your SO, then it's not.

Not everyone shares that definition.

• Like 1

Stuart dealing from a position of strength is so alien to me now.  He wasn't this confident even when he was mooching off of Howard's mother and rubbing Howard's face in it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Carlos said:

That is not necessarily true. Amy's receiving more screen time because lately the writers seem to be enamored with Sheldon and she's his partner. Even if beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Amy (not Mayim) as shown in TBBT is meant to be shown as less attractive than Penny. And from where do you think that people like the character and want to see more of her? I don't think there's any proof for or against that. We know the writers do. I personally like the Amy character (mostly) even if I don't like her as much as  I like Penny. It would be nice it they could make her a more fleshed out character and not just a Sheldon foil, because even of she's getting more screen time than Penny now-a-days, Penny is a full fledged out character and Amy's not.

But Amy is a fleshed out character, she has a lot of defining characteristics, she has a full name (something that even Penny was denied before becoming a Hofstadter), a career, a back story, hobbies, interests, a personality, virtues and shortcomings, etc.

The problem is not that she isn't developed as a character (she is), the problem is that the writers are ignoring that on purpose to be able to use her (as you said) just as a foil for Sheldon, just as Leonard and Penny are being neglected and seem to be activated only when they are going to interact with the golden boy, despite being main characters.

Currently, the only ones that are breathing by themselves are Howardette and Halley's nannies, and they are saved basically because they aren't Sheldon's partner (Amy) nor his de-facto parents (Lenny).

• Like 7

with Michael Ausiello there makes me wonder if something big is happening in one of the storylines, because isnt he a celeb/entertainment reporter?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RoRo said:

with Michael Ausiello there makes me wonder if something big is happening in one of the storylines, because isnt he a celeb/entertainment reporter?

Michael has been a friend of the show/actors for a very long time.  If you haven't seen his Comic Con interviews with the cast you should check them out on You Tube...they're terrific.

Michael is NYC based...I'm not sure why he is in LA.  I know that the Oscars are this week, but he is strictly a TV guy.

Scoops usually go to their  best girl at Glamour, Jessica Radloff, but who knows.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sah said:

Love it!!

Yes this!!!!

Disagree...

That Sheldons a jerk or not a hunk? Because that's Cannon. 

6 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

That Sheldons a jerk or not a hunk? Because that's Cannon. 

I love the character of Sheldon. Everything about him, including his looks. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Tonights taping "The Escape Hatch Identification". No ring (sorry Shamys), Raj moves in with Lenny (sorry Lennies) and some drama for Shamy and Lenny as a result though all ends well. TR to follow when I get back to my hotel :)

THANKS !

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Tonights taping "The Escape Hatch Identification". No ring (sorry Shamys), Raj moves in with Lenny (sorry Lennies) and some drama for Shamy and Lenny as a result though all ends well. TR to follow when I get back to my hotel :)

Thank you in advance. I hope you had a great time!

• Like 6

Thank you 2L344.  Look forward to the full one.  Again thanks.  

• Like 6

13 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

Well she doesn't have the brains for it. You know, IRL you have to have at LEAST at Bachelor's Degree to be a pharmaceutical representative. You can't get that at Pasedena Community College, especially if you only took one class there.

I at one point worked in a independent pharmacy and our drug reps were for the most part attractive women with people skills who could sell, only two had degrees and one of those was in theater arts. So speaking from personal experience penny is perfectly qualified for her job. The most important skill in sales is can you get people to buy if not no amount of education will save you from unemployment if you can nothing else matters.

Edited by JE7
Your bias is showing
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Thank you! Hope you had a great time!!  <3

• Like 9