Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

16,008 posts in this topic

Posted

4 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Tonights taping "The Escape Hatch Identification". No ring (sorry Shamys), Raj moves in with Lenny (sorry Lennies) and some drama for Shamy and Lenny as a result though all ends well. TR to follow when I get back to my hotel :)

THANKS !

brilliantfool, mirs1 and 2L344 like this

Posted

8 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Tonights taping "The Escape Hatch Identification". No ring (sorry Shamys), Raj moves in with Lenny (sorry Lennies) and some drama for Shamy and Lenny as a result though all ends well. TR to follow when I get back to my hotel :)

Thank you in advance. I hope you had a great time!

2L344, mirs1, joyceraye and 3 others like this

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

Well she doesn't have the brains for it. You know, IRL you have to have at LEAST at Bachelor's Degree to be a pharmaceutical representative. You can't get that at Pasedena Community College, especially if you only took one class there.

I at one point worked in a independent pharmacy and our drug reps were for the most part attractive women with people skills who could sell, only two had degrees and one of those was in theater arts. So speaking from personal experience penny is perfectly qualified for her job. The most important skill in sales is can you get people to buy if not no amount of education will save you from unemployment if you can nothing else matters.

Edited by JE7
Your bias is showing

Posted

9 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Thank you! Hope you had a great time!!  <3

Posted

11 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

Just by been on this forum most of us are cheating. Lol. I ogle Penny all the time. But my SO knows my obsession and is fine with it. I think. Just because it's fictional doesn't make it right. On another note. If you caught your other half with a blow up doll. Would you consider that cheating? And no I haven't got one of penny.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What about a cardboard standee? :icon_twisted:

Posted

31 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Thanks!!!  I hope you had a wonderful time!

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Thank You. looking forward to TR tomorrow. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, 2L344 said:

Thank you so much! I hope you had a wonderful time there!! :)

Edited by spidergirl
mirs1, brilliantfool, 2L344 and 1 other like this

Posted (edited)

Thank you @2L344

I guess the writers think that Lenny are done with Sheldon and now need to take another obnoxious guy under their wings... Hope the Lenny drama this time isn't too big and unfounded (I'm sure the Shamy drama won't be). It seems unreasonable that Raj and Stuart don't go back to living together but I suppose they believe Raj in 4A will be more interesting...

Edited by bfm
typo

Posted

1 minute ago, bfm said:

Thank you @2L344

I guess the wroters think Lenny are done with Sheldon and now need to take another obnoxious guy under their wings... Hope the Lenny drama this time isn't too big and unfounded (I'm sure the Shamy drama won't be). It seems unreasonable that Raj and Stuart don't go back to living together but I suppose they believe Raj in 4A will be more interesting...

Stuart has to live with Howardette and earn his place by helping out with Halley. He slept on the beach at one point. He could never afford his half of the rent at Raj's place which costs double whatever 4A's  is. Raj has a good salary with which he can support himself once he's got himself organised or  - subbed off his mum.

JE7, serenaded214 and brilliantfool like this

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Stuart has to live with Howardette and earn his place by helping out with Halley. He slept on the beach at one point. He could never afford his half of the rent at Raj's place which costs double whatever 4A's  is. Raj has a good salary with which he can support himself once he's got himself organised or  - subbed off his mum.

Raj doesn't knowhis rent and his place is quite small, he even said so, I don't remember when exactly. It is weird that he can't afford it. Penny had problems paying her rent and bills but still lived alone for years...That's why I think it is more of a plot device than a realistic solution (Penny's situation wasn't realistic either)...

Edited by bfm

Posted

13 minutes ago, bfm said:

Thank you @2L344

I guess the writers think that Lenny are done with Sheldon and now need to take another obnoxious guy under their wings... Hope the Lenny drama this time isn't too big and unfounded (I'm sure the Shamy drama won't be). It seems unreasonable that Raj and Stuart don't go back to living together but I suppose they believe Raj in 4A will be more interesting...

At the very least there is the chance to break up the usual PALS vs HBR dichotomy of their A/B plots. Lenny and Raj are the ones that need the most attention in terms of storytelling and if throwing them together will do that for the writers then by all means: bring it on!

1 minute ago, bfm said:

Raj doesn't knowhis rent and his place is quite small, he even said so, I don't remember when exactly. It is weird that he can't afford it. Penny had problems paying her rent and bills but still lived alone for years...That's why I think it is more of a plot device than a realistic solution...

They explain it in today's episode - the preview clip showed them going over some of his expenses. The idea it that he has a ridiculously high rent and spends way over budget for shit he doesn't need.

JE7 and bfm like this

Posted

1 minute ago, April said:

At the very least there is the chance to break up the usual PALS vs HBR dichotomy of their A/B plots. Lenny and Raj are the ones that need the most attention in terms of storytelling and if throwing them together will do that for the writers then by all means: bring it on!

Great points! Hope it will help

Posted

24 minutes ago, bfm said:

Thank you @2L344

All of their fights this season. Have been blown out of proportion tbh. They translated differently. Tbh turned out to be tiffs. 

Posted

Thanks for the TR @2L344 and I am so happy to hear you had a great time!

A 'must watch before commenting' by the sounds of it, looks like a bizarre one with drama all over the place.

Thanks again, really appreciate it! :)

2L344, bfm, wowbagger and 5 others like this

Posted

@2L344  Thanks so much for this distinguished TR! It sounds pretty funny in between all the "drama", LOL
I'm also sure you had a wonderful time. :shy:

mirs1, April, bfm and 4 others like this

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Agreed, and even after having watched the taping and viewing multiple takes on several scenes I'm gonna have to see how it all comes together to get a better feel for it. I was disappointed to see yet another "clueless Sheldon" scene with him blurting out stuff to Raj and throwing Amy under the bus. On one hand he looked truly empathetic when it came to Raj, though he was unhappy his room was getting taken. He even gets the guy a thoughtful gift. Yet he still says dumbass things. Even got Amy a stupid anniversary gift apparently. Oh well....

General audience finds those moments hilarious, so I am afraid they are never going to go away. Sheldon for years had a one or two step forward one step back thing going on. This season it's been like more 3, 4 or even 5 steps forward but we still get an occasional step back.

I'm happy where his character is, just if it was me I would be dropping some stuff by now especially with where he seems to be and how much he has changed. Ah well just one of these running things/gags you have to just put up with, each character has one or two or more on this show.

Edited by Jonny