Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

4 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

My guess is going to be that penny asks for a trial separation in 10/24 for a cliffhanger. I don't think it will be about raj but about how unhappy she is all the time

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The next Lenny breakup (including any kind of separation) needs to be the last one. How much of Penny's crap is Leonard supposed to take? Penny needs to grow up. Yeah, she's a failed actress. Big deal!  Fact is, nothing ever really suggested she wanted to be a working actress so much as she wanted to be an empty headed, vacuous, self admiring, Hollywood star. She wanted to be famous. Sadly, for her, she's a character on a TV show since these days Hollywood is full of people that have achieved Penny's goal in real life.

She's unhappy? Why? Her husband loves her. She has a good job that pays well. It may not be glamorous but it's better than she should have. What is she looking for? How is her life so unfulfilled?

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, Tensor said:

"Penny apologizes to Raj and tells him they were not fighting because of him. Raj feels terrible about the drama involving him and the bedroom.

You are correct.  Although Sheldon should be the one feeling terrible for causing the fight.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I'm no Lenny supporter but even I can see some of the issues that some shippers do have with them right now.

A reporter needs to get Molaro in a room and ask him what is going on with them, what's the plan? He's not going to reveal specifics but his response would indicate whether they perhaps have something planned or not or if they are just writing it as they go. It also might shed some light on what's their problem, because quite frankly after a number of angsty moments this season between them mostly initiated by Penny but also some by Leonard I still haven't the foggiest what is up with them.

Maybe we should start a Twitter attack :icon_cheesygrin: (not serious...or am I?)

• Like 5

Lenny is not my ship, but even I am pissed off with this episode. 

• Like 8

Just now, hokie3457 said:

If I were Kaley or Johnny, I would be so pissed.  I'm thinking (only conjecture on my part) that JG may have been fed up and that is one of the reasons the negotiations took so long.  Kaley's aside to Johnny recently when telling an audience that things were nearly worked out ("right" I believe she said to him???) sort of points to him needing something from TPTB.  At this point, they are all (more than likely) financially set for the rest of their lives.  So, for me his biggest beef would be "what the hell is going on with my character?  A roller-coaster ride for 2 1/2 years!  WTH!"  It is more than probable that the episode taped last night and maybe even the remainder of the season, were written before things were finalized for a renewal, but I am willing to bet that JG and to a lesser extent KC had issues with the direction of their characters.....Only time will tell.

I totally agree with that. I think its been more than one. A sudden interest in Raj. Shamy moving to 4b. I think it was set up for the show to end in May. If I would JG and KC I would have pre approval to any upcoming script. Molaro is replaceable. JG and KC are not.

• Like 7

I think putting Raj in 4B is really fucked up.  But, I guess they writers have to make it clear their "we can't have Sheldon move back to 4A".   Yeah, do it that way, because really, it's become abundantly clear the writers really don't know how to write Lenny, nor do they give a shit about Lenny. 

• Like 7

I don´t know what to feel or to interprete this episode from the TR. As one of the main complainers about how Lenny is written lately I actually don´t feel that bad. If I have read it correctely between the lines, I think it can adress some major issues I personally have with Lenny (and a little bit with Shamy). I always have wondered why Lenny always needed a third person (mostly Sheldon, but sometimes Beverly, Howardette, Amy, Psychiatrist and even the Mandy girl) to adress their relationship problems. Sometimes it´s understandable. Everyone talks every now an than with friends-family about their relationship. But Lenny ALWAYS talks to others, like indeed they need a buffer to keep their relationship stable. Personally I hope by adressing it by Beverly, Lenny realize they need to talk which eachother. I know it´s a small hope, and as it is a comedy-sitcom, and knowing how the writers have written Lenny the last couple of seasons, it can turn out very wrong. But honestly I am glad they have mention it, for I hope they work this out positively. If not, well than it´s time to break them up. Because it will be more than beyond boring and annoying. 

• Like 7

I'm not a Lenny shipper either (just in case there's anyone left wondering) but I do find it sad that the writers decided to take the plunge and go through with this monumental change, a.k.a. Living Arrangements only to "go back on their word" on Lenny and have them live with a roommate again, albeit temporarily. 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I think putting Raj in 4B is really fucked up.  But, I guess they writers have to make it clear their "we can't have Sheldon do anything fucking wrong, so let's make sure all those audience members understand he can't move back to 4A".   Yeah, do it that way, because really, it's become abundantly clear the writers really don't know how to write Lenny, nor do they give a shit about Lenny. 

I think most of this season had been written like it was going to be the last.  This may sound fan fiction like but I believe if the finale been in May Penny would have been pregnant, Lenny would of moved out of the building, and Stuart and Raj would have been living in 4a.

Edited by Chrismo

28 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

The next Lenny breakup (including any kind of separation) needs to be the last one. How much of Penny's crap is Leonard supposed to take? Penny needs to grow up. Yeah, she's a failed actress. Big deal!  Fact is, nothing ever really suggested she wanted to be a working actress so much as she wanted to be an empty headed, vacuous, self admiring, Hollywood star. She wanted to be famous. Sadly, for her, she's a character on a TV show since these days Hollywood is full of people that have achieved Penny's goal in real life.

She's unhappy? Why? Her husband loves her. She has a good job that pays well. It may not be glamorous but it's better than she should have. What is she looking for? How is her life so unfulfilled?

Agreed. How would parting from Leonard help improve Penny's life in any way whatsoever ? She wasn't happy when she was single. Perhaps she too needs an interest outside her job and home. Leonard has plenty of them. When it's boys' nerdy games night perhaps she too could do something other than go out or stay in boozing with her friends.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tensor said:

I (and I'm sure others) have heard this over and over again in the last few years.  "Yeah, this sucks, but it could lead to something better."  then it never does.  Or , "This sucks, but at least they are addressing the problem."  But we get no resolution, and/or it's not mentioned again.   

I know, and strangely I am one of the biggest complainers about how Lenny has been written the last 2-3 years. But in a way this feels differently to me. Maybe it is a subject I had troubles with all the time and never been spoken out loud, or not so clearly.: the subject of the third person in the relationship of Lenny. But you are right, I really don´t know if the writers will adress this. Most likely not. 

• Like 4

Lenny need something to do together. How about planning a fortnight's trip to Greece, Italy or Spain next summer and attending 'get-by in ____' language classes (Do they have those in US ? ) for a few months  in preparation ? They can help each other with their homework. We know Penny is good at learning when she puts her mind to it.

• Like 2

And this is exactly why a big part of me wasn't too happy with the idea of two more seasons. They have no idea what to do with Lenny in particular, and they couldn't care less. 

And once again it's implied that Penny is somehow unhappy. Okay then. I hope Leonard tells princess to fuck off until she figures out what the fuck she wants. I have no patience or tolerance left for her crap. If they break them up this season - and at this point it wouldn't surprise me - I doubt I'll be back next season. And now Raj? Yeah I'm having trouble seeing how this could be fun or good for Lenny. 

What a slap in the face for those many fans who have supported this couple since the Pilot. Well done writers.

slow_clap_jvdb.gif

• Like 8

What really piss me of about the latest TR is there was no need for lenny to be fighting the episode just doesn't make sense. They asked Raj to move in. Beverly said a few things that made sense in a way. Why fight about it? There is no reason to, apart from sit down take it in and discuss it. But no tptb has to insert drama that doesn't make sense from what Beverly said and have them blame each other for what? I'm still trying to figure that part out. It is so stupid that tptb didn't even show the fight because there was no reason for it apart from not able or unwilling to write any proper storyline for lenny except angst. I give up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

And this is exactly why a big part of me wasn't too happy with the idea of two more seasons. They have no idea what to do with Lenny in particular, and they couldn't care less. 

And once again it's implied that Penny is somehow unhappy. Okay then. I hope Leonard tells princess to fuck off until she figures out what the fuck she wants. I have no patience or tolerance left for her crap. If they break them up this season - and at this point it wouldn't surprise me - I doubt I'll be back next season. And now Raj? Yeah I'm having trouble seeing how this could be fun or good for Lenny. 

What a slap in the face for those many fans who have supported this couple since the Pilot. Well done writers.

slow_clap_jvdb.gif

The only thing is, as things are presently constructed, a breakup of Leonard & Penny would wreak havoc.  Where do they go?  It would stretch the imagination beyond belief to think that someone could live across the hall from their ex-wife or ex-husband.  I know they did it in Seasons 3-4-5, but that was something else entirely.  A marriage is a very different thing altogether.  Does Sheldon move back into 4A with Leonard?  Does Leonard move into 4B and Penny share 4A with Sheldon and Amy?  I can't believe any man, even a sitcom character can live in his spouse's former apartment.  Do Penny and Leonard move separately off site and Stuart and Raj call 2311 North Los Robles home?  At this point, it would make things even more unbelievable.... 

• Like 4

I guess it's a good thing that Raj Has been focused on recently and he too can have a happy ending, though I would love to see more scenes with him and Stuart, they are comedy

• Like 1

I'm at the point where i dont believe there will be a happy ending for lenny. Maybe in the series finale we'll see Leonard at the door watching penny pack up to move out

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Tensor said:

This assumes the writers have an interest in writing a story where Lenny are doing something together, aren't fighting, or There is  a story for them that doesn't include Sheldon. 

I said doing something together was what Lenny needed. I didn't say they'd ever get written it.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

The only thing is, as things are presently constructed, a breakup of Leonard & Penny would wreak havoc.  Where do they go?  It would stretch the imagination beyond belief to think that someone could live across the hall from their ex-wife or ex-husband.  I know they did it in Seasons 3-4-5, but that was something else entirely.  A marriage is a very different thing altogether.  Does Sheldon move back into 4A with Leonard?  Does Leonard move into 4B and Penny share 4A with Sheldon and Amy?  I can't believe any man, even a sitcom character can live in his spouse's former apartment.  Do Penny and Leonard move separately off site and Stuart and Raj call 2311 North Los Robles home?  At this point, it would make things even more unbelievable.... 

Plus, the way things are presented makes me believe that Penny will be much more miserable without Leonard. I don't know about him, maybe after a long time he will be okay. To me, her problems do not appear to be caused by him or by their relationship.

Edited by bfm
grammer
  • Like 9