Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

21 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Read it in a tabloid "Christian Post"  Don't know how accurate it might be

Not very.  In those cases, you have to follow where they got it from.   A couple of years ago, there was a report from a tabloid, which announced Penny's last name.  We'll, they got it from a source, that got it from another source, that got it from another source that got from someone that claimed to have got it from Molaro and Lorre in some interview.  Turned out, it was a some guy who couldn't have interviewed those two when he claimed he did.  And all the other sources just copied it.   

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Tensor said:

Not very.  In those cases, you have to follow where they got it from.   A couple of years ago, there was a report from a tabloid, which announced Penny's last name.  We'll, they got it from a source, that got it from another source, that got it from another source that got from someone that claimed to have got it from Molaro and Lorre in some interview.  Turned out, it was a some guy who couldn't have interviewed those two when he claimed he did.  And all the other sources just copied it.   

And this one refers to an article on another site where it says they (the article's writer) would like for the next episodes of the current season to focus on Penny and her professional life (the article also distorts last episode's plot a little). The citing site additionally claims that it is possible that this season we will find out her maiden name. It also says that it was teased previously that she will tell Leonard she wants to go back to acting. I have no idea where did they get that from. So it's all suggestions and speculations. Some of it even sounds like they took suggestions from this forum haha

• Like 2

On 2/28/2017 at 9:07 PM, SRAM said:

I don't think Penny was dreading it until Amy started hammering on her on how bad it was, I think a first Penny was just thinking she would support Leonard.

I have been thinking about this ever since it got posted so I'm not responding to this from the gut and I have decided it's really unfair to Amy. Leonard was trying to make it look bad more than Amy was. Who pointed out the spot by Sheldon's feet that Penny would get? Not Amy. One of the whole points of the story was Leonard trying to make it look bad to dissuade Penny from going. I'm surprised to see anyone totally thrust that on Amy.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

I have been thinking about this ever since it got posted so I'm not responding to this from the gut and I have decided it's really unfair to Amy. Leonard was trying to make it look bad more than Amy was. Who pointed out the spot by Sheldon's feet that Penny would get? Not Amy. One of the whole points of the story was Leonard trying to make it look bad to dissuade Penny from going. I'm surprised to see anyone totally thrust that on Amy.

Ah, but Leonard was trying to discourage Penny from going because he thought she would not enjoy it.  Penny wanted to go to share in something her husband loves to do.  In my lone opinion, Amy was saying "why put yourself through that?  you're going to hate it".  Penny wanted to go because she loves her husband....Again, my lone opinion.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Ah, but Leonard was trying to discourage Penny from going because he thought she would not enjoy it.  Penny wanted to go to share in something her husband loves to do.  In my lone opinion, Amy was saying "why put yourself through that?  you're going to hate it".  Penny wanted to go because she loves her husband....Again, my lone opinion.

Penny asked Amy to accompany her and she said "No thanks, I already live where nerds come"; later on, she clarified her that SDCC is not just a week end long (as Penny thought), but lasts five days. Penny was already certain to hate it, since she basically said  "I can put up with anything for three days". Amy didn't try to change her mind at all, she just made it clear she had no intention to go herself.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Boo-yeah!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Penny wanted to go to share in something her husband loves to do.  In my lone opinion, Amy was saying "why put yourself through that?  you're going to hate it".  Penny wanted to go because she loves her husband....Again, my lone opinion.

Fair enough but Penny never WANTED to go as I saw it. Wanting to go would mean to me that she saw some redeeming feature in it. She didn't that I remember. She was dreading going and we never saw them discuss what she and Leonard would be doing there together. Which was odd to me. If she really want to do something with him, I thought they should have started making plans.  But that's just me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

Ah, but Leonard was trying to discourage Penny from going because he thought she would not enjoy it. 

And that would make him miserable. she didn't want to go and he didn't want her to go and I don't understand why she  or  anyone has to go trough something she clearly dislikes to prove her love, above all if he has a group of friends to share it  with. I understand you have to make some concessions in a relationship and show interest in certain things wich are important to your partner,  but this was in my opinion a bit extreme. They made conflict where it wasn't 

Posted (edited)

Both Leonard and Penny were both attempting to get out of their comfort zone. Hence making sacrifices and compromises for each other. As it is they diddnt go to Comic Con. So no one was forced to do anything they diddnt want too. So it was the gesture that was lovely. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Both Leonard and Penny were both attempting to get out of their comfort zone. Hence making sacrifices and compromises for each other. As it is they diddnt go to Comic Con. So no one was forced to do anything they diddnt want too. So it was the gesture that was lovely. 

As we know not all couples on the show attempt to compromise. Well maybe once a year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

As we know not all couples on the show attempt to compromise. Well maybe once a year.

Sheldon has made a lot of sacrifices for his love of Amy. He moved out of his precious bedroom and tries to live a normal life with Amy. Almost none of his stuff, regular meals  and what else?

• Like 1

The press release for next week's episode stated Beverly as Sheldon's mother

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

For me the entire point on both sides of this one was that each were trying to do something for their spouse, out of love.  Perhaps as you say he would be "miserable" and she shouldn't have "to go through something she clearly dislikes", but that they each were seeking to make the other happy was more than a little bit lovely (to me).

Beautifully said, hokie! 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Shelldon said:

The press release for next week's episode stated Beverly as Sheldon's mother

Obviously a mistake. 

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Obviously a mistake. 

Or a Freudian slip.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

For me the entire point on both sides of this one was that each were trying to do something for their spouse, out of love.  Perhaps as you say he would be "miserable" and she shouldn't have "to go through something she clearly dislikes", but that they each were seeking to make the other happy was more than a little bit lovely (to me).

Did he go last year when they were newly-weds ?

Posted (edited)

Is that Cinnamon? It doesn't look like her...

cin.jpg

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Is this Cinnamon? It doesn't look like her...

cin.jpg

Yeah, good catch!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

You would think from the pictures Raj was moving in with Shamy.

With Raj moving in with Leonard and Penny, I've been wondering where the writers are taking us as we move ever closer to the season finale. I thought an interesting idea would be for Raj and Lenny to co-habitate for awhile, but at the end of the season, Sheldon somehow comes to the realization that he wants 4A back.  Then, maybe a light-hearted fight ensues, and Lenny oblige with the understanding that Sheldon can't kick Raj out. Ultimately, Shamy are the ones living with Raj in 4A, while Lenny moves into Penny's old place. Thoughts?