Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

16,012 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@wowbagger, wow!

Giving just one like from my profile to your post is unfair, hehe!

31 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

THANKS, RJ! I HOPE YOU HAD FUN!

SHAMY WORKING TOGETHER EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER MIND PROPOSALS AND BABIES, THIS - THIS - IS WHAT I WAS WAITING FOR! *

AW. FUCK. YEAH.

AND SNARK HELPS THEIR COGNITIVE PROCESSES?!?!

Squee gun? Squee gun? Where my squee gun at?

oh, THERE you are. I know the last few nice-enough-but-meh episodes had you allllll excited. I know you'd had your heart set on that holiday in the Caribbean. But sorry, pal. It's all hands on deck, I'm afraid.

*(obviously no offence meant to anyone who wanted proposals and babies)

Absolutely this! 

*joins you to squee squad*

Edited by spidergirl
anicez and wowbagger like this

Posted (edited)

Ugh The Shamy Show continues. I wonder if someone asked Steve Moloro what Lenny is. Who? Since 2012. I mean that's great Shamy are collaborating on work. That's their main thing. Their intellectual relationship. That was initially their original appeal. With Lenny though. It's just so damn inconsistent. I've stopped caring tbf. It's a credit to Johnny and Kaley. That I still care about Lenny at all. Because without them they the show would be an axis around you know that. It's just too damn predictable now.

Has been for a long time. And we can go around in circles for the next two seasons. Repeating themselves. But their has been a fundamental problem with the writing of Lenny since 7.23. We all know that. If they are not communicating or having Tiffs.

They need Raj to be some kinda crutch for a story. Seems stories have dried up with Lenny. Sure we could argue the writers can telll more stories without anyone else. They do with Shamy clearly. Why can't we get them bonding over Luke Cage? That showed potential. Instead we get only lasting two episodes.

But still a predictable, over done I saw that coming! Leonard just jealous over Penny spending time with some girl called Rajlena. Johnny and a Kaley seriousley need to reconsider signing back on. They deserve better. I mean I don't mind Penny and Raj doing girly stuffs. But this is so Season Late. Lenny are a married couple. Just let them be a married couple. How many hurdles do we need to see them jump. 

Edited by 3ku11
joyceraye and JohnPhD like this

Posted

Just now, Jonny said:

None taken lol.

I think a lot of us for a long time have wanted to see them work together on a real project so this is very welcome news indeed!

On the Raj/Lenny plot I was kind of expecting Raj to go into metrosexual mode and different characters reacting to it in different ways. We have seen it for a long time with him interacting with Howardette and now Raj is in for 4A for the time being it was bound to be a storyline idea. If it happens every week that he does something which pleases Penny but annoys Leonard then there is an issue, until then just have to assume it's a one episode thing.

Not exactly this is really just repeated Cannon.

Posted

3 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Not exactly this is really just repeated Cannon.

Seen this behaviour before yes, but you don't know that Raj is going to be doing that every week he stays there. I assume in this episode there is some talking out after Leonard presumably goes to vent to Howardette and likely get some advice. Won't know more until we learn more or watch the episode.

Desdemona and joyceraye like this

Posted

23 hours ago, joyceraye said:

When we watched the video of Kunal talking to  HM The Queen last week, a friend said she hoped he didn't forget he wasn't in character and ask her if she had a spare room. :)  He did mention in the interview afterwards that he'd kept his British passport. I wonder if they've told him something about what'll happen to Raj ? LOL.

Seriously, when I watch The Sky At Night, it appears to me the astrophysicists are based at universities all over the world, especially Caltech, where they seem to come from every country one can think of. It doesn't look as though the experts in this field have trouble going anywhere.

Oh, I guess he wouldn´t have problems to find a job elsewhere.

The issue for Raj is, he doesn´t want to leave the country, he loves to live in the US, that´s where his friends are. I guess he would feel lonely soon, especially without his best friend Howard.

joyceraye and spidergirl like this

Posted

34 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

Oh, I guess he wouldn´t have problems to find a job elsewhere.

The issue for Raj is, he doesn´t want to leave the country, he loves to live in the US, that´s where his friends are. I guess he would feel lonely soon, especially without his best friend Howard.

He wouldn't have to leave, judged by the accents of the Caltech scientists, unless he did something wrong. Yes, he feels very much at home where he is  after all these years, so I hope is job is secure. He should be high enough up the tree by now not to get made redundant.

Desdemona and shamyarmy2016 like this

Posted

1 minute ago, joyceraye said:

He wouldn't have to leave, judged by the accents of the Caltech scientists, unless he did something wrong. Yes, he feels very much at home where he is  after all these years, so I hope is job is secure. He should be high enough up the tree by now not to get made redundant.

Plus he hates Indian food, he wouldn't survive back in India.

Posted

6 hours ago, RJ1013 said:
Short summary for now. Only have a phone which isn't convenient for typing much.

The Collaboration Fluctuation

Sheldon and Amy begin to collaborate on a scientific project when Sheldon realizes something she's been working on could have implications with regard to a challenging issue in quantum mechanics. They try to work out some ground rules between them for this new kind of interaction and find that being snarky with one another helps their cognitive thought processes.

Raj and Penny get along so well doing various "girly" activities together that Leonard feels left out. He spends some time with Howard and Bernadette before bringing it up to Raj and Penny. 

Thanks this sounds like another fun episode :)

Soopysue, mirs1 and RJ1013 like this

Posted

Here's the problem, its not about fucking Raj, it just another week of Lenny conflict. Don't look at this as something isolated, look at the pattern.  How many comments were about his getting in the middle of Lenny's relationship. 

[mention=9583]vonmar[/mention], you ask me what I saw happening, here's your answer. 

What other reason is there for putting Raj in 4A?  Oh, I know, they don't have Sheldon to play off of them anymore.  Remember those plots where Penny takes Sheldon's side?  Or complains about Leonard to Sheldon, or gets mad at Leonard and runs off with Sheldon?  

The writers didnt have that anymore, so they had them with silly conflict, lie over TV shows, or Leonard, of all people, not trying.  Now, they move Raj in, and the writers have that third person back. 

And, we continue to get Lenny conflict, while showing Shamy having cute plots.  It's become obvious that the writers simply dont want to put the effort in to write anything for Lenny. 

And Jonny, not singling You out here, others have made similar comments. Your post was just a good lead in for my comments. :shy:

You ain't seen nothing yet. This on only the beginning of big trouble in 4A and also the reason why lenny fighting arc is never resolved. It's there to be brought out when needed as I predicted. Because they simply can't be bothered to write anything good for them. I don't see raj moving out anytime soon, just like we got told living with sheldon will be short lived. That turned into a season and a half.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Posted

7 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I get what your saying but that this point your only hearing apart of the story.

Absolutely. Who knows, it could be hilarious. But as I said earlier, my problem is that Raj is living there in the first place. It's like the writers avoid having to write stories for Leonard and Penny alone. They always seem to need a third person and I'm just tired of it. 

veejay, bfm, Carlos and 3 others like this

Posted

You ain't seen nothing yet. This is only the beginning of big trouble in 4A and also the reason why lenny fighting arc is never resolved. It's there to be brought out when needed as I predicted. Because they simply can't be bothered to write anything good for them. I don't see raj moving out anytime soon, just like we got told living with sheldon will be short lived. That turned into a season and a half.

I'm willing to bet there will be some kind of conflict between lenny in the coming TR

JE7 likes this

Posted

7 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

Absolutely. Who knows, it could be hilarious. But as I said earlier, my problem is that Raj is living there in the first place. It's like the writers avoid having to write stories for Leonard and Penny alone. They always seem to need a third person and I'm just tired of it. 

I understand you frustration. My take on Raj moving is was planned in case season 10 was it. I could see a fanfiction like scenario with him moving in and then Penny getting pregnant. May be reconciling with Emily at the end and moving in with her.

Desdemona likes this

Posted

36 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Here's the problem, its not about fucking Raj, it just another week of Lenny conflict. Don't look at this as something isolated, look at the pattern.  How many comments were about his getting in the middle of Lenny's relationship. 

@vonmar, you ask me what I saw happening, here's your answer. 

What other reason is there for putting Raj in 4A?  Oh, I know, they don't have Sheldon to play off of them anymore.  Remember those plots where Penny takes Sheldon's side?  Or complains about Leonard to Sheldon, or gets mad at Leonard and runs off with Sheldon?  

The writers didnt have that anymore, so they had them with silly conflict, lie over TV shows, or Leonard, of all people, not trying.  Now, they move Raj in, and the writers have that third person back. 

And, we continue to get Lenny conflict, while showing Shamy having cute plots.  It's become obvious that the writers simply dont want to put the effort in to write anything for Lenny. 

And Jonny, not singling You out here, others have made similar comments. Your post was just a good lead in for my comments. :shy:

I understand your frustration.  One of the problems is that they've been writing for them for TEN years.  That makes it a challenge.

I've never understood why the writers, from the get-go, consistently emphasized that they have no common interests.  I can see them being addicted to "The X-Files" together, for example.  

Sheldon and Amy are comparatively new, as are their circumstances.  They also benefit from the 'Ringo' syndrome - [Ringo was the most popular Beatle in the US, in large part because non-fans could recognize him out of the four] - they're dorky looking and not like much of anyone else on prime time television.  They're a shiny object.  And interesting.

veejay and Desdemona like this

Posted

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Which scientists do you mean? The one, he talked to when he went to that interview? Or Siebert, when he congratulated him for being mentioned in a magazine?

Unfortunately, we don´t hear much of Raj´s work, the last thing was his and Sheldon´s discovery of the "Amy" asteroid, so I don´t know how well reputated he actually is in his field. But I agree that his job is hopefully safe enough and that Caltech doesn´t question his importance for the university again.

joyceraye likes this

Posted

7 hours ago, RJ1013 said:
Short summary for now. Only have a phone which isn't convenient for typing much.

The Collaboration Fluctuation

Sheldon and Amy begin to collaborate on a scientific project when Sheldon realizes something she's been working on could have implications with regard to a challenging issue in quantum mechanics. They try to work out some ground rules between them for this new kind of interaction and find that being snarky with one another helps their cognitive thought processes.

Raj and Penny get along so well doing various "girly" activities together that Leonard feels left out. He spends some time with Howard and Bernadette before bringing it up to Raj and Penny. 

Thanks for writing it up, sounds like an interesting episode! Glad you got to go!

Soopysue, wowbagger, RJ1013 and 5 others like this

Posted (edited)

46 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

They also benefit from the 'Ringo' syndrome - [Ringo was the most popular Beatle in the US, in large part because non-fans could recognize him out of the four] - they're dorky looking and not like much of anyone else on prime time television.  They're a shiny object.  And interesting.

Interesting point.

Also, I think Leonard suffers from Charlie Brown syndrome. If there were Lenny bliss that would evaporate.

Favim.com-36311.jpg.2f5004136c8b05aeb46ddeab4e68f791.jpg

Edited by djsurrey
wowbagger, Gbb and bfm like this

Posted

54 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

I understand your frustration.  One of the problems is that they've been writing for them for TEN years.  That makes it a challenge.

I've never understood why the writers, from the get-go, consistently emphasized that they have no common interests.  I can see them being addicted to "The X-Files" together, for example.  

Sheldon and Amy are comparatively new, as are their circumstances.  They also benefit from the 'Ringo' syndrome - [Ringo was the most popular Beatle in the US, in large part because non-fans could recognize him out of the four] - they're dorky looking and not like much of anyone else on prime time television.  They're a shiny object.  And interesting.

Ha, wasn't it also mentioned by Raj in season 8, during the short visit of Howard's step-brother?  :shy:

"Raj: You're in a Beatles cover band and you need Howard to replace your dad as Ringo."
(S8 - The Fortification Implementation)

Capt. Hilts likes this

Posted

Sigh. Another Lenny-is-a-bad-couple episode. It's getting nearly impossible to remain optimistic. They're barely recognizable. The main thing that captured me about Lenny is that you could see how much they care about each other, even when they weren't together. Now fighting seems to be the only thing the writer left them. Caring? Talking? Helping each other? Barelt.  It seems like every single thing makes them fight. I don't know what to think anymore.

Posted

6 minutes ago, bfm said:

Sigh. Another Lenny-is-a-bad-couple episode. It's getting nearly impossible to remain optimistic. They're barely recognizable. The main thing that captured me about Lenny is that you could see how much they care about each other, even when they weren't together. Now fighting seems to be the only thing the writer left them. Caring? Talking? Helping each other? Barelt.  It seems like every single thing makes them fight. I don't know what to think anymore.

At this point I think it would be really helpful if we had some shows where it was just the guys hanging out together and the ladies with each other. Or, of course, some group activities. When the writers focus on the marriage life of Lenny this show seems to get mean spirited and that is so not what TBBT should be about.

o_00279.gif.95159cc576da980f1784896d05f68c96.gif

Yeah…I really should know, #conflict's the new fun.

bfm, Lagernisse, Carlos and 2 others like this

Posted

It's going to get worst & worst because I now think that the writers are clearly writing lenny bad on purpose to diminish and  destroy what they created, for what reason I haven't got the foggiest. I'm guessing the agenda is for fans to give up on them or simply make them don't care anymore. So when they break them up, tptb hope they wouldn't be much of an uproar as all they do is fight which is not good for any relationship and the casuals will be like it's probably for the best. Echoing all the fighting in the 2nd half of the season as the major reason.

The reason why I think lenny's marriage is in big trouble is LACK OF COMMUNICATION.  Good communication skills is the lifeblood of a successful marriage, when partners stop talking at a deep level, their relationship slowly dies. Marriage will only be as good as a couple's communication.To build a strong marriage you have to make an active effort which i don't see lenny doing nowadays. Lenny can't even discuss household management without fighting and agreeing to let Raj move in without thinking of what it might do to their marriage, it's like lenny have become trained to think that "talking" will lead to conflict and disconnection, so they just go with the flow and agree without proper discussions as to not cause arguments and at the same time not thinking about the consequences their actions might cause at a later time. Hence the lack of communication. They don't seem to share ideas and feelings the majority of the times anymore and kind of  deflecting their problems by allowing others to fill the gap that can only be a temporary solution, surely. Sheldon, now Raj. This can cause negative things to happen which provokes anxieties, leading to fearing the worst, as in Leonard case and to an extend Penny too. If this continues as it has in the 2nd half of S10, trust becomes lower and they will become suspicious and defensive and just delaying the inevitable. It's like they feel it's neither fun nor safe to engage in conversation. So they stop talking. Hell they don't even ask open ended questions anymore, just close questions so not to have a conversation. It's a pity.

Carlos, bfm, JE7 and 2 others like this