Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

2 hours ago, veejay said:

At this point I think it would be really helpful if we had some shows where it was just the guys hanging out together and the ladies with each other. Or, of course, some group activities. When the writers focus on the marriage life of Lenny this show seems to get mean spirited and that is so not what TBBT should be about.

o_00279.gif.95159cc576da980f1784896d05f68c96.gif

Yeah…I really should know, #conflict's the new fun.

I think Penny needs a female work friend. A recurring character somewhat like Bert but a friend that is really just hers.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

It's going to get worst & worst because I now think that the writers are clearly writing lenny bad on purpose to diminish and  destroy what they created, for what reason I haven't got the foggiest. I'm guessing the agenda is for fans to give up on them or simply make them don't care anymore. So when they break them up, tptb hope they wouldn't be much of an uproar as all they do is fight which is not good for any relationship and the casuals will be like it's probably for the best. Echoing all the fighting in the 2nd half of the season as the major reason.

The reason why I think lenny's marriage is in big trouble is LACK OF COMMUNICATION.  Good communication skills is the lifeblood of a successful marriage, when partners stop talking at a deep level, their relationship slowly dies. Marriage will only be as good as a couple's communication.To build a strong marriage you have to make an active effort which i don't see lenny doing nowadays. Lenny can't even discuss household management without fighting and agreeing to let Raj move in without thinking of what it might do to their marriage, it's like lenny have become trained to think that "talking" will lead to conflict and disconnection, so they just go with the flow and agree without proper discussions as to not cause arguments and at the same time not thinking about the consequences their actions might cause at a later time. Hence the lack of communication. They don't seem to share ideas and feelings the majority of the times anymore and kind of  deflecting their problems by allowing others to fill the gap that can only be a temporary solution, surely. Sheldon, now Raj. This can cause negative things to happen which provokes anxieties, leading to fearing the worst, as in Leonard case and to an extend Penny too. If this continues as it has in the 2nd half of S10, trust becomes lower and they will become suspicious and defensive and just delaying the inevitable. It's like they feel it's neither fun nor safe to engage in conversation. So they stop talking. Hell they don't even ask open ended questions anymore, just close questions so not to have a conversation. It's a pity.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

In worst case scenario could we have a new couple in 4A  when season 11 starts (Laj or perhaps Renny). 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I think Penny needs a female work friend. A recurring character somewhat like Bert but a friend that is really just hers.

That’s not the worst idea. What about Emily? She seems pretty confident with Penny (and Bernie) since S9 - The Empathy Optimization.

E: Oh, he was great in Shakespeare in Love.
P: Ooh, we should watch that next girls' night.

e_03.gif.305214b1914838cfaaf3e9bb86b4b043.gif

:shy:  (but don't tell Raj! LOL)

Edited by veejay
  • Like 5

They could bring Cheryl back, the girl Raj slept with in the first season, wasn't she Penny's best friend at the Cheesecake Factory in the beginning.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Yes this show has become as predictable as How I met your mother did late on its run. We saw this coming LOL.

Tbh though I don't think it's that big of deal Penny and Raj do Girly things. And Leonard feels left out. Could suggest again Leonard is the Mack daddy of the guys. And Penny just thought he wouldent be interested in that stuff. Again this is all vague. Could end up being a series of sequences. Leonard walks in. They are doing their Finger nails. Then Leonard walks in they are watching a cheesy chick flick. Could be funny. Willing to see how this translates.

I admire your optimistical view. You still think their marriage is going well, do you? 

• Like 2

What is the exact meaning of snarky, my traductor says "sarcastic" , but sheldon and sarcasm...........

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Anita said:

What is the exact meaning of snarky, my traductor says "sarcastic" , but sheldon and sarcasm...........

I think in the situation the taping report was about "snarky" means to have a rudely critical tone or manner, as shamy communicate to each other about their scientifical project. But I migth be wrong though.
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Anita said:

If you search for 'urban dictionary' and then enter a word there, it gives you more synonyms and some examples. I had to do this as 'snarky' is unfamiliar to me too.

• Like 2

In worst case scenario could we have a new couple in 4A  when season 11 starts (Laj or perhaps Renny). 

Trust me. It wouldn't suprise me one bit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spidergirl said:

I think in the situation the taping report was about "snarky" means to have a rudely critical tone or manner, as shamy communicate to each other about their scientifical project. But I migth be wrong though.

Disdainful and mocking ? That's Sheldon's usual way.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

If you search for 'urban dictionary' and then enter a word there, it gives you more synonyms and some examples. I had to do this as 'snarky' is unfamiliar to me too.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Disdainful and mocking ? That's Sheldon's usual way.

The summary of the taping says they found if they were snarky to each other, it would help their cognitive skills. Amy was snarky too.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, veejay said:

That’s not the worst idea. What about Emily? She seems pretty confident with Penny (and Bernie) since S9 - The Empathy Optimization.

E: Oh, he was great in Shakespeare in Love.
P: Ooh, we should watch that next girls' night.

e_03.gif.305214b1914838cfaaf3e9bb86b4b043.gif

:shy:  (but don't tell Raj! LOL)

She was originally going to be Amy's friend because they had a lot in common. Bernadette also said she'd miss her if she broke up with Raj. I'd like to see her back and joining in girls' night. I never understood the way they behaved over the sextant, mocking her when she was talking to Raj on the phone. Cinnamon must be missing her.

5 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Edited by joyceraye
Removing merged post which was on a different topic.
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, john2p said:

I admire your optimistical view. You still think their marriage is going well, do you? 

Why wouldent I? I see no evidence to suggest neither party is unhappy. Married couples argue. You should see my parents. It's normal. To me it seems 90% of the season we've seen a loving, married couple. Only short period of time have they argued. And most of it, is just for story. That's just my perspective anyway. I mean none of their fights have been massive. And end of the episode they are fine and happy. If they diddnt break up after 8.24. They are never going too imo. I mean I seem to remember in S8. Lennys were having the same conversations. An engaged couple who look more like friends. Then fiancée. I remember the big thing was. Not kissing at all. And lack of communication. Then the show dropped the Leonard cheated bombshell. But they survived. So after that. I see no reason why they won't survive this season too. At least they are living together.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, john2p said:

They're perfectly fine for a sitcom marriage and especially for a marriage on a CBS sitcom.  With extremely rare exceptions, sitcoms don't divorce their married couples or even give them serious marital strife.  What Leonard and Penny are going through now is nothing in the grand scheme of things and having Leonard feel left out as Penny and Raj bond in this episode is hardly something worth fretting about.  Sure it's unfair if you're a Lenny fan and they're constantly used for random sitcom fare while Shamy gets a rose-colored spotlight on their relationship each and every week, but Penny and Leonard are being used to service the show by helping involve all the characters who made the show great.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Enrico Fermi said:

They're perfectly fine for a sitcom marriage and especially for a marriage on a CBS sitcom.  With extremely rare exceptions, sitcoms don't divorce their married couples or even give them serious marital strife.  What Leonard and Penny are going through now is nothing in the grand scheme of things and having Leonard feel left out as Penny and Raj bond in this episode is hardly something worth fretting about.  Sure it's unfair if you're a Lenny fan and they're constantly used for random sitcom fare while Shamy gets a rose-colored spotlight on their relationship each and every week, but Penny and Leonard are being used to service the show by helping involve all the characters who made the show great.

Exactly.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

The reason why I think lenny's marriage is in big trouble is LACK OF COMMUNICATION

The thing is they didn't communicate before marriage. This goes back to the beginning:

1.3 Fuzzy Boots- Leonard tricks Penny into going on date.

2.1 Bad Fish- Penny doesn't tell him about her concerns over her lack of education

2.11 Bath Item- Leonard doesn't her he still has feelings for her. Episode after Stephanie break up.

2-14 Financial Permeability - Leonard doesn't tell how he got Kurt to give back money.

2-22 classified Materials- Leonard tells Penny he is okay that she's on a date with Stuart

2-23 mono polar- Penny doesn't tell Leonard that she has feelings for him

3-6 cornhusker- Leonard doesn't admit he's upset she's having a party without him

3-7 Guitarist- penny wasn't go tell Leonard the guy was staying with her.

3-19 Wheaton- the two don't discuss the ILY

Season 4 throughout- Penny doesn't admit to him she screwed up breaking up

End of Season 5 beginning of 6- Penny not telling Leonard she was contemplating breaking up

6-15- Spoiler Alert- penny doesn't tell Leonard she doesn't want him to move into 4b

7-13-occupation recalibration- Leonard Pretending to be okay Penny quitting job

8-24 commitment determination- Leonard telling Penny two years after the fact about Mandy.

i'm sure I missed quite a few and I didn't get into seasons 9 and 10  but needless to say there is s lot of times they haven't communicated. Just because they got married doesn't change who they are.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Enrico Fermi said:

Your description is actual quite correct but that's not how it was or how it could be.  there still are a lot of Lenny fans out there and it being "unfair" as you say will upset them. Buy why doesn't have to be up to them to service the show. It's been ten years now and in IMO it has gotten stale. Since Shamy seems to be the fan favorite why not have them be involved with all the characters and have Lenny get the rose colored spotlight? 

• Like 4

Exactly.

I disagree with all. lenny are not there to make all the characters great. They have their lives to live too. But I guess with attitude & opinions like that, they are not allowed that, because it's there job to make all the characters great. But not them. Yeah as long as shamy is good.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, RJ1013 said:
The Collaboration Fluctuation

Sheldon and Amy begin to collaborate on a scientific project when Sheldon realizes something she's been working on could have implications with regard to a challenging issue in quantum mechanics. They try to work out some ground rules between them for this new kind of interaction and find that being snarky with one another helps their cognitive thought processes.

Raj and Penny get along so well doing various "girly" activities together that Leonard feels left out. He spends some time with Howard and Bernadette before bringing it up to Raj and Penny. 

THANK YOU. I think I will like this ep.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

IMO people want Lenny to get their own storylines like before.

Hmm well they have written them for ten years. Maybe stories have dried up as far as Lenny goes? Then again sure. Point of view could suggest. They could write better stories for Lenny as a married couple. They just choose not too. Haven't seen them host a dinner party as a married couple. I don't know. I've generally enjoyed Lenny this season. Far more then Season 8 and 9. I understood complaints then.

But now I'm like, okay I appreciate your at least trying with Lenny. Your not ignoring them. They are just more hit and miss. Opposed to the hits with s 1-6. Like Romance Recalibration was a huge miss. As was The Property Division. As was The Emotion Detection. The Fetal Kick Catatlyst, Lenny go to Serial Apist Convention. Was a Hit and a Miss. I enjoyed The Veracity episode, loved The Holiday Summanation. This was Lenny of old. They got their own story. And it was couples comedy gold. That was a hit. But like I said it's more miss then hit with Lenny these days. And now this Raj Arch feels like another miss. A lot of its very inconsistent. And repeated Cannon. I understand most Lenny fans just want exclusive stories for them. I do too.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Because Leonard hates yoga

Really? I don't remember, but I'll take your word for it.

20 hours ago, RJ1013 said:
Short summary for now. Only have a phone which isn't convenient for typing much.

The Collaboration Fluctuation

Sheldon and Amy begin to collaborate on a scientific project when Sheldon realizes something she's been working on could have implications with regard to a challenging issue in quantum mechanics. They try to work out some ground rules between them for this new kind of interaction and find that being snarky with one another helps their cognitive thought processes.

Raj and Penny get along so well doing various "girly" activities together that Leonard feels left out. He spends some time with Howard and Bernadette before bringing it up to Raj and Penny. 

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another episode about Shamy being scientists, and Raj causing trouble for Lenny. What a crock of shit! Curse these dam writers. They've become fucking worthless. I fucking hate them.

Btw, all my animosity is towards the writers. Thank you soooooooooooooooo much for the mini taping report. Must have been hell typing it on a phone!!!

• Like 1

I don't see how Raj is causing trouble directly. Leonard reacting is causing trouble. From what I've read. Leonard needs to get over himself tbh.