Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

16,008 posts in this topic

Posted

...perhaps Leonard will start to hang with Stewart.

john2p likes this

Posted

15 minutes ago, luminous said:

After reading the latest TR (thanks @RJ1013) I have to revoke all my optimistic outlooks for Lenny. But I'm not upset, frustrated or disappointed. I just don't care anymore.

The thing is I care.  I care deeply.  I'll always care.  This last stretch of episodes has taken a toll and I just don't know what to do; how to react.  I'm gobsmacked. 

gob·smacked
ˈɡäbˌsmakt/
adjective
Britishinformal
adjective: gobsmacked; adjective: gob-smacked
  1. utterly astonished; astounded.

Posted

It's going to get worst & worst because I now think that the writers are clearly writing lenny bad on purpose to diminish and  destroy what they created, for what reason I haven't got the foggiest. I'm guessing the agenda is for fans to give up on them or simply make them don't care anymore. So when they break them up, tptb hope they wouldn't be much of an uproar as all they do is fight which is not good for any relationship and the casuals will be like it's probably for the best. Echoing all the fighting in the 2nd half of the season as the major reason.

The reason why I think lenny's marriage is in big trouble is LACK OF COMMUNICATION.  Good communication skills is the lifeblood of a successful marriage, when partners stop talking at a deep level, their relationship slowly dies. Marriage will only be as good as a couple's communication.To build a strong marriage you have to make an active effort which i don't see lenny doing nowadays. Lenny can't even discuss household management without fighting and agreeing to let Raj move in without thinking of what it might do to their marriage, it's like lenny have become trained to think that "talking" will lead to conflict and disconnection, so they just go with the flow and agree without proper discussions as to not cause arguments and at the same time not thinking about the consequences their actions might cause at a later time. Hence the lack of communication. They don't seem to share ideas and feelings the majority of the times anymore and kind of  deflecting their problems by allowing others to fill the gap that can only be a temporary solution, surely. Sheldon, now Raj. This can cause negative things to happen which provokes anxieties, leading to fearing the worst, as in Leonard case and to an extend Penny too. If this continues as it has in the 2nd half of S10, trust becomes lower and they will become suspicious and defensive and just delaying the inevitable. It's like they feel it's neither fun nor safe to engage in conversation. So they stop talking. Hell they don't even ask open ended questions anymore, just close questions so not to have a conversation. It's a pity.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I just thought I will bring this post up again as it echo my thoughts on how they don't talk anymore, or have they ever had.

Desdemona, Lagernisse and john2p like this

Posted (edited)

First of all, thank you  @RJ1013  for your very detailled and clear tape report. Secondly, well I am with Luminous, I don´t  f..ing care anymore about how they write Lenny. I am glad some have the courage and the believe they are in a good place as a married couple. But to me I only am confirmed in my anxiety. It is to serve all the criticasters of Lenny; they have nothing in common, he wore her down, and the only thing they ever shared is sex and make up sex. Talking and sharing in god dammit two years of marriage and 5 years of a relationship( approximately) and 10 !!! freaking years of friendship, they apperently never did. What´s all about you are my best friend??? Ok, if I am not talking to my wife, I am surely talking to my best friend. What a crap. Yes I know....it´s a comedy. Yeah, but why the F. ( I am sorry), we can actually see Sheldon evolve, we can see Shamy evolve, there is proof Howard and Howardette did evolve, but only Lenny (and Raj) stuck in their stale jokes. Well in that perspective it is right to put them together. Oh yes, more fun of old stale jokes. Allright I am out!!

Edited by john2p

Posted

10 minutes ago, john2p said:

First of all, thank you  @RJ1013  for your very detailled and clear tape report. Secondly, well I am with Luminous, I don´t  f..ing care anymore about how they write Lenny. I am glad some have the courage and the believe they are in a good place as a married couple. But to me I only am confirmed in my anxiety. It is to serve all the criticasters of Lenny; they have nothing in common, he wore her down, and the only thing they ever shared is sex and make up sex. Talking and sharing in god dammit two years of marriage and 5 years of a relationship( approximately) and 10 !!! freaking years of friendship, they apperently never did. What´s all about you are my best friend??? Ok, if I am not talking to my wife, I am surely talking to my best friend. What a crap. Yes I know....it´s a comedy. Yeah, but why the F. ( I am sorry), we can actually see Sheldon evolve, we can see Shamy evolve, there is proof Howard and Howardette did evolve, but only Lenny (and Raj) stuck in their stale jokes. Well in that perspective it is right to put them together. Oh yes, more fun of old stale jokes. Allright I am out!!

I totally agree  with what you're saying. It is so sad that many dedicated Lenny fans are getting to the point they don't care or to the point they are very frustrated (that's me...). I can't believe they are doing this. I wish I could talk to Molero or another one of the writers and ask them what the hell they think they're doing.

Posted

I have a theory. All along, the writers really planned for Sheldon and Penny to be end game. They initially brought Amy along so that it can seem like Sheldon and Leonard have the girlfriend that the other SHOULD have. (Similar to what they did with their mothers).

They make sure to show Penny and Sheldon building a strong friendship over the years, and they also show Leonard and Amy having a good time (that wedding episode). The Amy character was meant to help Sheldon become more comfortable with affection to be ready for a relationship with Penny. Along the way, there was an overwhelming response to Sheldon and Amy being together, so the writers decided to stay on that course instead.

Nowadays, the writers de used that maybe Penny and Sheldon should be endgame after all, and they are working towards making that happen starting with Lenny fighting a lot, etc.

I don't actually WANT any of that to be true, but it is my theory.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Tonstar17 and joyceraye like this

Posted

Wait still I get on the shots. :)

I have a theory. All along, the writers really planned for Sheldon and Penny to be end game. They initially brought Amy along so that it can seem like Sheldon and Leonard have the girlfriend that the other SHOULD have. (Similar to what they did with their mothers).

They make sure to show Penny and Sheldon building a strong friendship over the years, and they also show Leonard and Amy having a good time (that wedding episode). The Amy character was meant to help Sheldon become more comfortable with affection to be ready for a relationship with Penny. Along the way, there was an overwhelming response to Sheldon and Amy being together, so the writers decided to stay on that course instead.

Nowadays, the writers de used that maybe Penny and Sheldon should be endgame after all, and they are working towards making that happen starting with Lenny fighting a lot, etc.

I don't actually WANT any of that to be true, but it is my theory.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I have thought that for a long time, but never really brought it up cause I wasn't brave enough to break hearts. Bravo for saying what I have been thinking and to know I'm not the only one.

joyceraye and serenaded214 like this

Posted

The plot in this episode doesn't bother me, a husband being left out when his wife finds someone to share her hobbies with is a standard plot for all sitcom married couples.  There are actually worse plots for sitcom couples, like the boyfriend/girlfriend that shows up, another sitcom standard, so don't even think this is the worse that can happen to Lenny.

What does bother me is that the writers have seemed to have given up on Lenny, instead of writing something creative and IC for them the are just going to the file of standard plots for all sitcoms to get their stories for them.  Every creative effort now goes to Shamy and there is nothing left for Lenny. This destroys the magic that once was Lenny and kills the chemistry we have come to enjoy, turning them into just another sitcom couple.

Posted

After a shot of Tuaca.

Loving bbt now. Nope

Hate s10. Yep

Loving Lenny. Nope

Used to. Yep

Was it love at first sight. Nope.

Grew on you. Yep.

See any changes. Nope.

Breakup lenny. Yep.

Hater. Nope.

Drunk. Yep.

Giving up on lenny. Nope.

Giving up on Tptb. Yep.

Watching new episode tonight. Nope.

Thank you to @2L344 for TR. Yep.

20170309_194419.thumb.jpg.8df975592daa23d8c88f6a008f53d207.jpg

veejay and 5Mississippis like this

Posted

5 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

What youre gonna see in tonight's episode is Beverly (the expert in her field) outlining two problems for two couples- Sheldon's old room being a surrogate "escape hatch" for Shamy, and the introduction of another roommate into Lenny's life and the possible reason for it (other than helping a friend).

The interesting thing I found in watching the taping of thos is how each couple handled Beverly's revelations. Amy initially told Sheldon to ignore Beverly, but later she and Sheldon discuss the feelings behind it. And even prior to Beverly's skype session Amy has a sit down with Sheldon to discuss their feelings about the 4A issue.  What you dont really see is Lenny doing that. Penny is immediately dismissive of Beverlys comment as was Leonard, but then Leonard second guesses it and gets concerned. Penny kind of throws Leonard under the bus and treats issues related to Raj moving in as Leonard's problem. They dont have a real discussion and in the end Leonard dismisses his own concerns as Beverly planting doubt in his head.

The issue of communication between Lenny was even mocked by Sheldon in last weeks episode. Its pretty bad when Sheldon gets it and Lenny doesnt. The latest TR continues to bring this issue front and center. Lenny will probably be the focus of the finale IMO, and unfortunately in a likely cliffhanger icky episode. Fingers crossed that Im wrong...

No you are not wrong. It´s a feeling that many Lenny already had during this season. I never would have thought it could be real, but the bad level of the current Lenny is close to and nearly tops season (h)8. I know that some always see the positive married couple. I am dying to have that kind of view. But I am with you it will be a icky bad cliffhanger. I am not happy at allw ith the two season extension. It gives the writers more time and space to make " fun" of Lenny. Whereas if this had been the last season I am convinced they had to write a happy ending (for all). 

Posted

11 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

What youre gonna see in tonight's episode is Beverly (the expert in her field) outlining two problems for two couples- Sheldon's old room being a surrogate "escape hatch" for Shamy, and the introduction of another roommate into Lenny's life and the possible reason for it (other than helping a friend).

The interesting thing I found in watching the taping of thos is how each couple handled Beverly's revelations. Amy initially told Sheldon to ignore Beverly, but later she and Sheldon discuss the feelings behind it. And even prior to Beverly's skype session Amy has a sit down with Sheldon to discuss their feelings about the 4A issue.  What you dont really see is Lenny doing that. Penny is immediately dismissive of Beverlys comment as was Leonard, but then Leonard second guesses it and gets concerned. Penny kind of throws Leonard under the bus and treats issues related to Raj moving in as Leonard's problem. They dont have a real discussion and in the end Leonard dismisses his own concerns as Beverly planting doubt in his head.

The issue of communication between Lenny was even mocked by Sheldon in last weeks episode. Its pretty bad when Sheldon gets it and Lenny doesnt. The latest TR continues to bring this issue front and center. Lenny will probably be the focus of the finale IMO, and unfortunately in a likely cliffhanger icky episode. Fingers crossed that Im wrong...

Very good posts. Penny's biggest problem is she has no life. She has Leonard's life. Thus I can actually see Penny's view that Raj is Leonard's problem.

serena_1995 likes this