Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

3 hours ago, JohnPhD said:

So would the clairvoyant Sheldon and Penny visited in S7. Or you or I.

As I understand what Penny said, she has never cheated on a boyfriend. Some of her past boyfriends were cheating on their current girlfriends when they first went with Penny, and she knew it. The guys were cheating, Penny wasn't.

Penny cheated on Mike in season one when she kissed Leonard on his birthday.

• Like 3

o_00276.gif.c68fe4916fae60600a39f9cc14c9a5ac.gif

Yeah, that's a curse.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

But I don't think what happened while she was still at school should count

You don't think having sex with your High School boyfriend's brother, behind his back, counts as cheating?

59 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

or that high school relationships, altho involving plenty of coitus in Penny's case, can be considered as real relationships.

Some of those "non-real" relationships, last a lifetime.

56 minutes ago, Cloud Strife said:

Penny cheated on Mike in season one when she kissed Leonard on his birthday.

Hadn't she already broke up with him (after he posted details about their sex life), before she kissed Leonard?

• Like 2

No, she didn't break up with him until 1.17.   The birthday party was in 1.16. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Happy Tape my Day!

This could be interesting, depending on what you spend your day doing. :icon_wink:

• Like 5

1 minute ago, vonmar said:

I just saw this, too. Is he warming up for tonight?! I read bits and pieces of the discussion about what was on Bri Cuoco's IG.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Cloud Strife said:

It's not like there's anything going on between them. Besides, Leonard doesn't seem to have a problem with Raj moving in, so that's all that matters.

Leonard doesn't know the whole truth about what happened, and how it happened. JMO.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 4:00 PM, wowbagger said:

For me (and I stress that I am speaking only for myself), my issue is not even that Leonard kissed Mandy. I loathe that he did it, and I absolutely consider it cheating, but look, everyone is allowed one drunken mistake. If he'd freaked out about it and told Penny immediately, I would have said 'yeah, it sucks and you're absolutely allowed to be angry, but it was one kiss, he clearly feels awful about it and he told you immediately.'

but Leonard didn't follow that course, did he? Because - well - the showrunners had yet to come up with that brilliant plot twist. But okay, onscreen all we know is that Leonard says he kissed a girl who was not his girlfriend, said nothing about it for two years, and after he confessed, penny forgave him and they got married, he let slip the not-irrelevant detail that he sees the little chippy every day. And was pissy and defensive and not nearly apologetic enough about THAT little crime of omission.

that's beginning to be my problem.

but my biggest problem? Is that the show immediately bent over backwards to make it not be leonard's fault. His crime wasn't infidelity! His crime was self-sabotage! Leonard would never have had the guts to cheat before he was with Penny! So, in a way, it's kind of HER fault! (never mind that we were shown that leonard was contemplating cheating on Priya, yeah? Yeah). Leonard can never ever be guilty of a sin of commission or omission! Leonard's only crime is loving too much and daring too little!

and that is MUCH more my problem. I am happy to root for Leonard even if he's done an awful thing, so long as he learns and grows from it. But when he is scooped up and clucked over and shielded from any serious moral consequence like the shittiest spoiled brat in school, I turn off.

so I think it is a perfectly valid decision to say 'well, it's fine, penny forgave him'. I agree, she did, and that is what matters. But I can't help feeling that as far as the showrunners are concerned, it's not a question of forgiveness, so much as rewriting the law to say that no crime occurred.

Stupid Boat Kiss. Stupid, ugly, contrived, shittily-written, half-digested Boat Kiss. Blech.

Amen, sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Exactly that -the bolded- (even if I liked the whole post).

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Leonard doesn't know the whole truth about what happened, and how it happened. JMO.

Penny said: "Everyone knows we didn't sleep together."

Doesn't really sound that ambiguous if you ask me. Not to mention that he doesn't need to know the truth. Leonard and Penny were not an item back then, so it's none of his business. 

• Like 4

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 4:30 PM, Lagernisse said:

So just because he was drunk,  Leonard is allowed to do whatever he wants, including kissing girls.

You are responsible for your actions even when you are drunk. 

Indeed you are responsible for your actions when you're drunk, up to a certain extent, because you might not really know what you're doing considering how drunk you are. The action your most responsible for is to stop drinking when you feel you've had too many.

As far as kissing girls I wouldn't characterize what Leonard did as that. In this case it was Mandy who is just one girl, and as I've mentioned before, since the whole story was so poorly written it is not clear who initiated it, and therefore, there is no way to determine intent. If Leonard initiated the kissing, then you're absolutely right, it was cheating, but if Mandy initiated it and Leonard stopped it when he realized what was going on, then I don't think it's cheating because all he would have done (in that case) was stop an action initiated by somebody else.

The not telling Penny is, of course, because the writers didn't know about it for 2 years, so they couldn't have written it before. A mess of a plot if you ask me, and amazingly poorly executed.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 4:38 PM, Tensor said:

If it could have affected their relationship, then yes, he was lying to her.  But, I haven't seen anything that would have included pooping on a boat on the North Sea as something that affects their relationship.  And it really doesn't explain why he told her all about the drinking and craziness that was happening, but somehow didn't include his kissing another woman.  

Because it hadn't been written yet :icon_razz: .

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:57 PM, Stephen Hawking said:

Well, it could be argued that a strong defensive capability discourages aggression from your enemies, and reduces the chances of an all out world war, which could result in the destruction of all mankind, so, in that case, the billions spent on defence saves more lives.

First of all the billions should be questioned, and second of all defense spending shouldn't be the same as the next (in order of spending) 17 countries combined, specially when they are the US's allies.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:18 PM, Stephen Hawking said:

True that, in the Alex case, he didn't act on it, but he was definitely flattered by the attention.

As anybody would have. No crime in feeling flattered, is there?

• Like 5

Leonard cheated. He's allowed one drunken mistake. Penny forgave him. Pigs Fly. crappy writing la de da da da.

1 minute ago, veejay said:

Maybe he was too long in the Lenny-thread and got boozed? :drinks:

o_00277.gif.be61b7a4b71c2861e9e1264eb601fd2b.gif

Did we get anything from tonight taping at all

10 minutes ago, kbp said:

Did we get anything from tonight taping at all

Not yet I guess...:scratchhead:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Seeing as it has been brought up, the Chinese lady next to Leonard isn't Mandy is it?

Nope. :shy:

l_112.gif.2cc3fccafb517acbaea63181ff348feb.gif        misc_00030.gif.f8f14aafcdaa4855239215f5daea6beb.gif

• Like 4

hmmm (he could have been with someone that noticed him first)
Margo4.thumb.png.09306631a3d49b4d252813052efa64e0.png

5 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

hmmm (he could have been with someone that noticed him first)

Shoulda coulda woulda…btw. she’s cute. :shy:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, luminous said:

A little peek at this mysterious western/texan-style bar, that surfaced in the IG stories of Briana Cuoco and Kaley.

Is that not the bar from The Mommy Observation?

14 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Is that not the bar from The Mommy Observation?

IIRC you only saw them from the angle of them sitting in front of the bar in that one so no way to tell (though I could be wrong):

TheBigBangTheoryTheMommyObservation02.jpg.6ba5f872dd393a9800384857f75163fb.jpg

• Like 9