Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

18 hours ago, Chrismo said:

While I agree with you that Lenny has been ignored this season, both in quality and quantity of time, there is no guarantee there will be a Lenny and/or Lenny angst like plot in the final two episodes. As mentioned before some have talked about the impending break up/divorce all season. It hasn't happened. JMO but it seems some have had the end is near mentality all year. Again JMO but the TR's ( the fault of none who write them) have been worse than what has appeared when the episode as viewed. After saying all that though the season for Lenny hadn't been positive. Few storylines that have given, at least me, a positive vibe. Some again JMO have taken a non negative as a positive in regards to Lenny. Things have been exasperated by the aforementioned lack of storylines and positive ones for Shamy and to a lesser extent Howdette. Again I can't understand the "bad feeling" in regards to Lenny but at this point I'm willing to wait and see what happens.

Agree to what most is said but I also do not see any of their disagreements or spats as being so serious to warrant a separation or divorce. To have them get a divorce would be such a disservice to the many loyal LENNY fans that have watched for ten years. However, I do believe that there may be some kind of plotline for the season finale. Could it be that they are on the verge of a break-up and then Penny reveals that she is pregnant or thinks she is?  That could be interesting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snapepans said:

I just talked about this Lenny thing with my good friend, and she reminded me that in some interviews, Molaro himself said that the sarcastic banter was Lenny's thing, and he thought that was funny(I don't remember his exact words, but I do remember something like this, please feel free to correct me).

So, to him, maybe Lenny is fine, and Lenny have NO problems, therefore Lenny don't need to be fixed, at all.

I don't agree with him at all, but I fear this is indeed his thought.

All above are just my opinion.

How many women write for this show?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bfm said:

Yay. Another episode delivering the message that Lenny are this lousy couple that doesn't really belong together. Awesome. After years of building this couple (and making lots of people, including me of course, fall in love with it)the writers seem to try to destroy them, butchering them little by little. I really don't get it. Were the writers switched by alien imposters? otherwise why butcher your own creation? I said I will estimate the chances for a split after watching the episode. So my current estimation is 32%. At least the 2 next one don't seem that bad.

The Lenny-Raj plot to me was plain stupid. Penny really needs to grow up, she was almost completely oblivious of Leonard's feelings, it is actually Raj that was a little more receptive. Some parts weren't as bad as they appeared in the TR and the bookstore scene was cut which I think made it better than what it could have been. Still, it was a bad episode to me, especially Penny-wise. I felt like her role in this episode was to be oblivious and immature. Lately it feels like she is all over the place, she is still sometimes good-friend Penny and more mature Penny but a lot of the times I feel like she has regressed, to her early twenties or something like that. Leonard did and does try to imrpove. I'll write more on that on the episode thread.

Howardette are saving the season for me but it's not enough. I feel the second half of this season is indeed much worse than the first one.

Have to agree after watching this episode.  Somehow the writers have reverted Leonard back to the whiny, wimpy nerd he was in the eaely seasons. And shown Penny as a selfish , harsh wife who ignores her husbands feelings. She didn't even know he left the room!!  And then said he was rude for doing so.  I was so hoping that Leonard would really tell them off but as usual the episode ended without any resolution to the LENNY storyline.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Agree to what most is said but I also do not see any of their disagreements or spats as being so serious to warrant a separation or divorce. To have them get a divorce would be such a disservice to the many loyal LENNY fans that have watched for ten years. However, I do believe that there may be some kind of plotline for the season finale. Could it be that they are on the verge of a break-up and then Penny reveals that she is pregnant or thinks she is?  That could be interesting.

That would be even worse.  On the verge of break up, and Penny being pregnant is the reason they stay together, would be some of the worst reasoning.  

• Like 9

9 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Please be wrong. I can't take another Shamy crisis.

Shamy won't break up again, no reason to :)

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Heterosexual female briefly fancied hot dumb guy shock horror

One (of the few) things you can like about the recent writing of Penny is her being over the "hot guy".  Two instances stand out:  The trip to Vegas when she would rather study her work materials than watch male dancers with Amy & Bernadette; and the offer by these same two friends to throw her a similarly themed bachelorette party.  That coupled with her repulsion when Sheldon "dropped trou" behind the door, flashing her and Amy when he was about to be scolded for giving up Amy as the perpetrator of the intelligence tests given to Penny & Leonard says much about a certain maturity on Mrs. Hofstadter's part..... 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Sorry, I don’t want to disappoint you (and others). But there Is an important reason, The Writers. My experience with other events taught me that.
But I have also no interest in any drama. :shy:

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Two more seasons?

• Like 3

After reading the comments on here, for the first time ever I'm going to slowly wean myself of this drug that is bbt, starting by not watching 10x19. If the writers think week after week of this bollocks we are getting is funny. Then I'm definitely watching the wrong type of comedy show.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 7

As tensor pointed out the show is at its all-time demo low. Goodbye Steve.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

It is just a matter of time when the show isn't ranked at number 1 in demo anymore, the other shows are closing in. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I've been thinking a lot about this.  I wish they would bring back Bill.  I think Bill identifies with the Leonard character.  I believe he is the one who said he knew someone in college just like Sheldon, which leads me to believe he was a "Leonard" in that relationship. 

A little off topic for this thread, but.....I always thought that Molaro had a good sense of the pulse of the show's past.  He was at the helm for Season 6, the best for the Leonard and Penny relationship in my opinion.  Now I'm not so sure that he has a clue as to what to do with them.  Bring back Bill! 

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

The primary architect of The Sheldon Show? Good riddance.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

One (of the few) things you can like about the recent writing of Penny is her being over the "hot guy".  Two instances stand out:  The trip to Vegas when she would rather study her work materials than watch male dancers with Amy & Bernadette; and the offer by these same two friends to throw her a similarly themed bachelorette party.  That coupled with her repulsion when Sheldon "dropped trou" behind the door, flashing her and Amy when he was about to be scolded for giving up Amy as the perpetrator of the intelligence tests given to Penny & Leonard says much about a certain maturity on Mrs. Hofstadter's part..... 

I agree, except that I seriously doubt that she views Sheldon as a "hot guy" haha

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I also pointed out the show will still be the #1 show for the week(and more than likely the year).   There were at least 8 other shows that also hit or tied series lows, this week,  including Empire and Modern Family.  So no, I don't see a case of goodbye Steve. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I also pointed out the show will still be the #1 show for the week(and more than likely the year).   There were at least 8 other shows that also hit or tied series lows, this week,  including Empire and Modern Family.  So no, I don't see a case of goodbye Steve. 

I appreciate knowing these details, Tensor.  For me, the commercials are so hugely intrusive, I "watch" the show, but then "really" watch it without them.  An amazing difference.  If I couldn't watch it again, I think I would be more than frustrated.  But, it does look like a bad week for several shows, so......No goodbye Steve.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

There was another one, when the guys went to Mexico in the van, the girls offered to take Penny to a male strip club and she said something like: "If I want to see a naked guy dance I'll just flush the toilet while Leonard is in the shower".

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

Why ? Is it a crime for women to be into hot guys ? How does that make any one immature ? Penny can do whatever she likes.

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, SRAM said:

There was another one, when the guys went to Mexico in the van, the girls offered to take Penny to a male strip club and she said something like: "If I want to see a naked guy dance I'll just flush the toilet while Leonard is in the shower".

Yeah.  That was the bachelorette party episode.  Leonard's trip to Mexico was meant to be a bachelor party.  Amy brought the anatomically correct cookies....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

Why ? Is it a crime for women to be into hot guys ? How does that make any one immature ? Penny can do whatever she likes.

I think there is a difference between being attracted to hot guys and acting upon it or having doubts about your relationship because of them. I think the post was more about the second one.

• Like 3