Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

16,013 posts in this topic

Posted

1 minute ago, Tensor said:

Right here.  Yeah, I'm in rehearsal for a show, and Tripper's been busy.  We do what we can.  :icon_redface:

I think I would have preferred watching your rehearsal.

joyceraye and 5Mississippis like this

Posted

The Futon Critic's listing for next week's "The Separation Agitation" lists April Bowlby as 'Rebecca,' Bert's new girlfriend. I never watched Two and a Half Men, but apparently she played 'Kandi.'

joyceraye, spidergirl and mirs1 like this

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

The Futon Critic's listing for next week's "The Separation Agitation" lists April Bowlby as 'Rebecca,' Bert's new girlfriend. I never watched Two and a Half Men, but apparently she played 'Kandi.'

KANDI!!! Sorry was a huge Two and a half men fan back in the day, before well this show LOL.

Edited by 3ku11
BigBang15 and Kev0821 like this

Posted

6 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

KANDI!!! Sorry was a huge Two and a half men fan back in the day, before well this show LOL.

She wore a lot less clothes than Penny did. I'm sure you were in heaven

JE7, BigBang15 and 3ku11 like this

Posted

4 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

She wore a lot less clothes than Penny did. I'm sure you were in heaven

Nah I prefered Penny. Kandi was a bit too skinny. I find woman who wear clothes sexy. I mean takes away bit of the mystery when a woman is wearing almost nothing. Kandi was basically like Penny a young aspiring actress, only dumber lol. She made it as an actress though later in the series. Unfortunately same cannot be said for Penny. Kandi even had a part in CSI, and they diddn't cut it :icon_cheesygrin:

Posted

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:16 AM, BigBang15 said:

Like I said previously, if she was "dating" someone, they had sex. They're not going to show it for a few reasons:

1. BBT fans never want to see Penny doing anyone but Leonard.

2. They wouldn't give that much time to a passing guest star.

3. While they always maintained Penny was sexually active (and fairly easy) they didn't feel the need to show it. It was implied by her past behavior and acknowledgement by her. I believe up until the episode she goes out with Sheldon and Amy for dinner, it's like 30.96 sexual partners. A number she at first denied, but then acquiesced to .

That number has been disproven many times. There is a post by Tensor, which I can't find at the moment, in which he details the reasoning behind it perfectly.

Posted

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Basically, Sheldon assumes a Bell Curve for her dating, from, Robotic Arm:  

Penny: What? Where did you get 171 men?

Sheldon: Simple extrapolation. In the three years that I’ve known you, you were single for two. During that time, I saw 17 different suitors. If we work backwards, correcting for observation bias and postulate an initial dating age of 15…

Penny: Whoa, wait, wait, wait. I did not start dating at 15.

Sheldon: I’m sorry. 16?

Penny: 14.

Sheldon: My mistake. Now, assuming the left side of BELL CURVE peaking around the present, that would bring the total up to 193 men. Plus or minus eight men.

Now, let's look at this.  17 suitors for two years.   One year with Leonard, but the four years previous, she was only dating (and having sex) with one man.  So, for the last seven years of her time dating, she was only with 19 men.    To get to 193 men, she would have had to dated 174 men from the onset of her dating, at 14, until she moved in with Kurt.  But, that is not a bell curve, as in a bell curve, the highest number, is in the middle of the curve.  Even if we give her an average of 10, for those three years (30 total), that is still only 49 men (I'll even make it fifty).    

If we multiply those 0.18 Sheldon uses as a multiplication factor (Not sure why, since he's wrong on what a bell curve is, but we'll go with it), That would mean she's had sex with 9 men.  That would be 9 men over ten years.     Kurt, Zack, Leonard, Mike, would be four over the last seven years prior to the beginning of season four and the other five men as partners would be from 14-17.

I guess the key here is Sheldon "correcting for observation bias" by assuming he only saw a small part of her actual suitors. Depending on how much he corrects the numbers up (which is simply guesswork on his part) the actual maths would probably work.

joyceraye and Jonny like this

Posted

6 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Nah I prefered Penny. Kandi was a bit too skinny. I find woman who wear clothes sexy. I mean takes away bit of the mystery when a woman is wearing almost nothing. Kandi was basically like Penny a young aspiring actress, only dumber lol. She made it as an actress though later in the series. Unfortunately same cannot be said for Penny. Kandi even had a part in CSI, and they diddn't cut it :icon_cheesygrin:

She also played a stupid actress/model in "Drop Dead Diva" (a dramedy).

Posted

5 hours ago, Tensor said:

Kurt, Zack, Leonard, Mike, would be four over the last seven years prior to the beginning of season four and the other five men as partners would be from 14-17.

You left off Dave Underhill. If he was going to take naked pictures of Penny it is likely they were having sex.

JE7 likes this

Posted

7 hours ago, Carlos said:

That number has been disproven many times. There is a post by Tensor, which I can't find at the moment, in which he details the reasoning behind it perfectly.

It's only been disproven by people who DON'T write/produce the show. The Big Bang (actual) has been "disproven" by quoting the Bible.

Posted

if I may ask,is there a "chingchong " in Amy's  soft kitty in mandarin? here's the thing.

someone on social media said they heard a/some word(s) sound like "chingchong ",someone said it's just "轻巧“,but imo there is no need for using ”轻巧“or"小小”or“晨吵”.Except the word(s) sound like "chingchong ", all the words identified in mandarin is complete one-to-one corresponding to the original lyrics. so I am confused. btw I've used google translation,but the outcome is not much corresponding to what was used in the mandarin version. 

btw,from social media, the amy's script is " Wow meow meow do show mall me, mall (w)rong (w)rong.qui(te) lo(ve) cool shi (t) chain ciao mall me, goo(d) lo(ser)X3. "I don't know if this's true or just a joke.

I hope someone can clarify this. I maybe miss out something and get it wrong.  always thanks.

mirs1 and serena_1995 like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, BigBang15 said:

It's only been disproven by people who DON'T write/produce the show. The Big Bang (actual) has been "disproven" by quoting the Bible.

So a hypothetical person hereafter referred to as "someone" basically  like/agree/believe with the penny is a slut idea and any facts presented are totally irrelevant unless they back up that theory

Or that "someone" believes  that sheldon is indeed the worlds greatest intellect and is NEVER wrong and if facts show otherwise then the facts must be false

Either choice is pupurposeful self delusion 

Edited by JE7
hokie3457, legacy99, Carlos and 2 others like this

Posted

Actually the show defined what a slut is in TBBT universe during the first season.  A slut was anyone like Penny's acquaintance from Nebraska who visited and banged Howard, in Penny's bed, and then stayed with him for gifts.  Since Penny was never that bad we can assume that the writers do not write Penny as a slut, therefore she is not one by simple logic.

JE7, legacy99, bfm and 1 other like this

Posted

6 hours ago, April said:

I guess the key here is Sheldon "correcting for observation bias" by assuming he only saw a small part of her actual suitors. Depending on how much he corrects the numbers up (which is simply guesswork on his part) the actual maths would probably work.

Actually, no they wouldn't.   The three years Sheldon knew Penny, she would have had to have date 132 men, if the bell curve assumption holds.   If you take off Leonard, she would have had to date 131 men.    To assume a bell curve, the peak number of men she dated should be during the year she dated one man, Leonard (she would have to have dated 70 men, during the year she dated Leonard, to assume a bell curve).   Not to mention, the three years prior to Penny meeting the guys, she dated one guy, where a bell curve would have her dating about 56.  

JE7, 5Mississippis, Carlos and 1 other like this

Posted

1 hour ago, sdffcx said:

if I may ask,is there a "chingchong " in Amy's  soft kitty in mandarin? here's the thing.

someone on social media said they heard a/some word(s) sound like "chingchong ",someone said it's just "轻巧“,but imo there is no need for using ”轻巧“or"小小”or“晨吵”.Except the word(s) sound like "chingchong ", all the words identified in mandarin is complete one-to-one corresponding to the original lyrics. so I am confused. btw I've used google translation,but the outcome is not much corresponding to what was used in the mandarin version. 

btw,from social media, the amy's script is " Wow meow meow do show mall me, mall (w)rong (w)rong.qui(te) lo(ve) cool shi (t) chain ciao mall me, goo(d) lo(ser)X3. "I don't know if this's true or just a joke.

I hope someone can clarify this. I maybe miss out something and get it wrong.  always thanks.

IMO, People on social media used those words, because the words sound like Mandarin.

For example, "mall (w)rong (w)rong" sounds like 毛茸茸, which is the Chinese version of "soft kitty, warm kitty". 

qui(te) lo(ve) cool shi (t) ”sounds like 快乐瞌睡, which is the Chinese version of "happy kitty, sleepy kitty".

"show mall me" sounds like 小猫咪, which is the Chinese version of "kitty".

The letters in the parentheses were used to form the whole words, in order to create some cheap jokes, but not from the writers.

JE7, mirs1, serena_1995 and 1 other like this

Posted

12 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

I am no mathematician and my knowledge of bell curves is non-existent. So, I cannot speak to the accuracy of Sheldon't computational data. There is no reason, however, to doubt the veracity of his recollections of the men he encountered outside Penny's apartment. He did at that point still have the eidetic memory that seems to have eroded in recent seasons.

If we take Sheldon's report of seeing 17 suitors, during those two years, as a accurate representation, that leaves her far short of the number she would have had to date (131) to assume a bell curve, to get to 197 men.   Not to mention, the fact that the highest number of men she dated would have had to be during the year she only dated one. 

Posted

20 minutes ago, snapepans said:

IMO, People on social media used those words, because the words sound like Mandarin.

For example, "mall (w)rong (w)rong" sounds like 毛茸茸, which is the Chinese version of "soft kitty, warm kitty". 

qui(te) lo(ve) cool shi (t) ”sounds like 快乐瞌睡, which is the Chinese version of "happy kitty, sleepy kitty".

"show mall me" sounds like 小猫咪, which is the Chinese version of "kitty".

The letters in the parentheses were used to form the whole words, in order to create some cheap jokes, but not from the writers.

Well done :pioneer:

damn.gif.f2d8efc6a4120b8a0f2d3fc0047af33c.gif

Posted

Of course we may be missing all her one weekend (36 hour) stands she told Leonard about on their first date.  You know because of the emotional chafing.

HeWolf and 5Mississippis like this

Posted

5 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

The actual numbers may interest some of us. Sheldon's dodgy maths may interest others. But I think we can all agree that Penny could have had sex with as many consenting adults as she wanted while she was unattached, and it would be nobody's business but her own.

Boo-yeah!

bfm, wowbagger and veejay like this

Posted

6 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

The actual numbers may interest some of us. Sheldon's dodgy maths may interest others. But I think we can all agree that Penny could have had sex with as many consenting adults as she wanted while she was unattached, and it would be nobody's business but her own.

n_00391.gif.6399e02d36b2c5a58ee8c2273b5ee603.gif

:shy:

Posted

On 4/5/2017 at 1:24 PM, Chrismo said:

Alien Parasite also had Sheldon setting up Amy to have sex with Zack. Do boyfriends do that? Also Penny suggested to Sheldon he could solve Amy's problem. He didn't.

they were not dating til sturt asked amy on adate and Sheldon got jealous in 5x10 don't you remebmer

"amy will you be my girlfriend

Sah likes this