Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

16,013 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Indeed, we all like different things, and some of us  might have common tastes in episodes even if we support different ships.  I liked both stories and actually found both of them extremely funny.

Same here. I understand @jonny point about the stoner thing. Although it was about drug it was in a different context as nobody closer of the guys drugged them for they do something they did not want too, which is something I dislike and I had said in forum a few times. Different opinions are healthy as we are all different people who enjoy same show and in some cases same ship.One great thing  about it is tastes must not be judge as everyone have theirs and they dont mean some are better than others.

Edited by spidergirl
Typo
Jonny, legacy99 and Carlos like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

43 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Did a quick count of Penny and Leonard's past romances/flings:

Penny-  Kurt, Doug, Eric, Mike, Zack, Leonard and dalliances with Stuart, Raj

Leonard - Joyce Kim, Leslie Winkle, Dr. Stephanie Barnett, Prof. Plimpton, Mrs. Latham, Priya and Penny  Also dalliances with Alice and Mandy Chao

Did I miss anybody?  This list does not include her teen years in Nebraska

Also Leonard went out with Bernadettes friend Joy.

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

True, but it's interesting that, rather the merely shout "help", she specifically shouted "Sheldon help".

Because she knew the rest of them weren't there and Sheldon would be.

JE7, legacy99, Carlos and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

53 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Did a quick count of Penny and Leonard's past romances/flings:

Updated Marios List:

Penny-  Kurt, Doug, Dave, Mike, Zack, Leonard and dalliances with Stuart, Raj, and Eric   6/3

Leonard - French PhD, Joyce Kim, Leslie Winkle, Joy, Dr. Stephanie Barnett, Prof. Plimpton, Mrs. Latham, Priya and Penny  Also dalliances with Alice and Mandy Chao   9/2

 

Mario D. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Zhalen565 said:

Because she knew the rest of them weren't there and Sheldon would be.

There would be other people in the building, some of whom would be female.

Given the choice, wouldn't a half-naked Penny choose to be rescued by a woman?

1 hour ago, Zhalen565 said:

Also Leonard went out with Bernadette's friend Joy.

From what Joy said to him, I suspect it went far further than merely a date.

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

Updated Marios List:

Penny-  Kurt, Doug, Dave, Mike, Zack, Leonard and dalliances with Stuart, Raj, and Eric   6/3

Leonard - French PhD, Joyce Kim, Leslie Winkle, Joy, Dr. Stephanie Barnett, Prof. Plimpton, Mrs. Latham, Priya and Penny  Also dalliances with Alice and Mandy Chao   9/2

If we're going all the way back to the French woman with the PHD for Leonard, why aren't we including the guy Penny did the pregnancy test with, the two brothers she was sleeping with at the same time, Luther, and the "75-year-old guy with an erection"?

Edited by Stephen Hawking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

12 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

There would be other people in the building, some of whom would be female.

Given the choice, wouldn't a half-naked Penny choose to be rescued by a woman?

 

It would be hard to hear her on a different floor and how would she know they are home?  Your best bet is to try your closest neighbor...which is Sheldon.  And she was completely naked.  I don't consider a shower curtain any type of clothing 

JE7, Carlos, 5Mississippis and 4 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

25 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

If we're going all the way back to the French woman with the PHD for Leonard, why aren't we including the guy Penny did the pregnancy test with, the two brothers she was sleeping with at the same time, Luther, and the "75-year-old guy with an erection"?

I went back to the French PhD student, as it was at the same time as Kurt, and Mario specified he didn't go back to her High School.  Can you point out where she specifically said that a 75 year old man with an erection actually climbed onto her, or was that her imagining those would be be the results if one did climb on her?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

14 hours ago, Tensor said:

Interestingly, "The Barbarian Simulation" was on tonight.  Penny mentions she has been in LA for two years (at that point).  That would make her twenty when she arrived in LA, which means she met and started dating Kurt in Omaha, and moved to LA about three years after they started dating.  I suppose she could have been 18, but if she was with Kurt for four years, she was probably younger than 18 when she met Luther.  

 

I had contemporaries who were married, some with a child or two, by that age. How young would Penny have to be to be considered under age ?

BTW the one where Mike remarks Sheldon was never old enough to have a beer with his father since he died when Sheldon was fourteen is on E4 now. What is the age a child can drink at home in Texas ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

I had contemporaries who were married, some with a child or two, by that age. How young would Penny have to be to be considered under age ?

In the US, legal age is a mish-mash of state laws.   In some states, you have to be 18.  In others, 17.  In still others, it depends on the age of the other partner.  In one state, you're 15, your partner could be 17, without it being illegal.  In another, it would be illegal for an 19 year old to have sex with a 15 year old.  

The illegality of it goes away with marriage.  In some states, there is no age limit for marriage, if certain conditions are met.  But, to get married without parental or judicial consent, the age is 18 in 48 of the 50 states.  It's 21 in Mississippi, and, interestingly, it is 19 in Nebraska. 

If we assume she was 16 or 17 when she met Luther, that means she was in Nebraska, and their laws hold.   There would be two laws concerning this.  While it would be creepy, it would not be illegal in Nebraska for Luther and 17-year old Penny to get together.   

In Nebraska, it is illegal for anyone 19 years old, or older to have sex with someone less than 17 years old.  So, anyone who was 19 or older and Penny being 16, would be charged with a class II felony, of first degree sexual assault.  

However, that law would not apply in this particular case.  There is another statute that states that if the person is over 25 (as Luther was) and the other was under 17, as Penny would be in this scenario, that person would be charged with with the class IB felony, first degree sexual assault on a child.  There is a mandatory minimum of 15 years in state prison, for the first offense.   These laws are for both men and women.  A 34 year old woman, having sex with a 16 year old man, would also get charged with First degree sexual assault on a child.  

 

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

BTW the one where Mike remarks Sheldon was never old enough to have a beer with his father since he died when Sheldon was fourteen is on E4 now. What is the age a child can drink at home in Texas ? 

As far as I know, the drinking age in all states is 21.  So, legally, you have to be 21 to drink, even in your home.  However, if it's not reported, or there's no reason to report it, there won't be an investigation into it.  So, really at any age, with parents consent.   I started getting sips of beer at around 12, but my first full beer was at 16, and not at home.  

joyceraye and bfm like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

2 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

Penny did have some dates with David Underhill as well 

Yes, OK  missed that one

 

2 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

Penny did have some dates with David Underhill as well 

 

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

Updated Marios List:

Penny-  Kurt, Doug, Dave, Mike, Zack, Leonard and dalliances with Stuart, Raj, and Eric   6/3

Leonard - French PhD, Joyce Kim, Leslie Winkle, Joy, Dr. Stephanie Barnett, Prof. Plimpton, Mrs. Latham, Priya and Penny  Also dalliances with Alice and Mandy Chao   9/2

 

Thanks Tensor  Guess Leonard wins this event!

5Mississippis and Lagernisse like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

As far as I know, the drinking age in all states is 21.  So, legally, you have to be 21 to drink, even in your home.

In the UK, it's 5, in your own home.

joyceraye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

I went back to the French PhD student, as it was at the same time as Kurt, and Mario specified he didn't go back to her High School.  Can you point out where she specifically said that a 75 year old man with an erection actually climbed onto her, or was that her imagining those would be be the results if one did climb on her?  

Believe she mentioned this when she was studying for her company ride-along with Bernadette but I don't know if this actually happened or she was just saying it off the top of her head

joyceraye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

,

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

Believe she mentioned this when she was studying for her company ride-along with Bernadette but I don't know if this actually happened or she was just saying it off the top of her head

That's why I asked, I don't remember her saying that is what actually happened, it was more of a joke. 

JE7, joyceraye and bfm like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

3 hours ago, Tensor said:

In the US, legal age is a mish-mash of state laws.   In some states, you have to be 18.  In others, 17.  In still others, it depends on the age of the other partner.  In one state, you're 15, your partner could be 17, without it being illegal.  In another, it would be illegal for an 19 year old to have sex with a 15 year old.  

The illegality of it goes away with marriage.  In some states, there is no age limit for marriage, if certain conditions are met.  But, to get married without parental or judicial consent, the age is 18 in 48 of the 50 states.  It's 21 in Mississippi, and, interestingly, it is 19 in Nebraska. 

If we assume she was 16 or 17 when she met Luther, that means she was in Nebraska, and their laws hold.   There would be two laws concerning this.  While it would be creepy, it would not be illegal in Nebraska for Luther and 17-year old Penny to get together.   

In Nebraska, it is illegal for anyone 19 years old, or older to have sex with someone less than 17 years old.  So, anyone who was 19 or older and Penny being 16, would be charged with a class II felony, of first degree sexual assault.  

However, that law would not apply in this particular case.  There is another statute that states that if the person is over 25 (as Luther was) and the other was under 17, as Penny would be in this scenario, that person would be charged with with the class IB felony, first degree sexual assault on a child.  There is a mandatory minimum of 15 years in state prison, for the first offense.   These laws are for both men and women.  A 34 year old woman, having sex with a 16 year old man, would also get charged with First degree sexual assault on a child.  

 

As far as I know, the drinking age in all states is 21.  So, legally, you have to be 21 to drink, even in your home.  However, if it's not reported, or there's no reason to report it, there won't be an investigation into it.  So, really at any age, with parents consent.   I started getting sips of beer at around 12, but my first full beer was at 16, and not at home.  

Thanks. That's very interesting. Here the age of consent for sexual activity across the board is now sixteen ( used to be twenty-one for two males from 1967, before that, never)  except for teachers with pupils. You can get married at that age too but in England and Wales you need parental consent before eighteen. Before 1970, when you needed parental consent to marry under twenty-one, many couples would elope to Scotland, hence the traditions associated with Gretna Green, or go to court to request a magistrate to give consent. It was a different age. The majority of young people left school to go to work at fifteen then, so it wasn't rare to have got enough money together to set up a home of sorts by the late teens. Virginity before marriage was the fashion. Social acceptance of couples living together unmarried was zero and would in practice rule out employment in public service : Shamy would not have good jobs at a university, let alone have their sex lives gossipped about. The past is another country. Ultra temps, ultra mores.

You can't buy a drink here under the age of eighteen for yourself or anyone else, and to be served a drink in public under eighteen you have to be at least fourteen,you have to be consuming food and be accompanied by a parent or teacher. In the home you have to be five, despite the tradition of rubbing whisky on the gums of a teething baby. Someone deliberately giving a child enough to be intoxicated could be acting illegally. I'd imagine if a mother says 'No' on behalf of an eleven-year-old who's anybody's for a sniff even of caffeine, her judgement would rule, regardless of what his dad thought. :)

legacy99 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

The stoned segment in Adhesive was hilarious. It wsssnt drugs. It was in the form of cookies. So to me that came across light hearted. 

And tbh in terms of relationship history. I don't think Luther or Two Brothers are relevant. I only count since 1.01. And it seems Leonard dating history is more active or just as active as Penny's. So Leonard's promiscuous too. Hey they do have something in common. They were both very slutty :sarcastichand:. I suspose outside of a sitcom Luther would be convicted of Statutory Rape. Considering Penny was under age. But in a comedy a lot of its exaggerated. That was the most dark joke they ever made though.

legacy99 and Mario D. like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

9 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

So Leonard's promiscuous too. Hey they do have something in common. They were both very slutty :sarcastichand:

Good for you for pointing that out ! Well done. I hope if we have drama around infertility due to their previous sexual behaviour, it doesn't all fall on Penny.

Mario D. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

53 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Good for you for pointing that out ! Well done. I hope if we have drama around infertility due to their previous sexual behaviour, it doesn't all fall on Penny.

Huh. Are you suggesting, their past sexual behaviour might result in a baby? LOL. Yeah maybe if Lorre is in charge. But of course if Penny is pregnant, Leonard is the father. I suspose they could go Priya was pregnant. But diddn't want to tell Leonard. Comes back in Series Final. Leonard you are a father. Lenny raise the kid, in the weekends, and on holidays :icon_cheesygrin:. OF course I am joking. Although I have always got a kick out of the Leonard wakes up and the whole thing was a dream series final...

Edited by 3ku11
joyceraye and legacy99 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

14 hours ago, spidergirl said:

I have just rewatched it one hour ago and gosh, it is indeed one of best tbbt episodes ever! 

me too . TADD is also one of my favorite episodes. "cause of accident ?.... lack of adhesive ducks ! "-  simple yet funny premise :cheese:

spidergirl and Carlos like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

32 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

me too . TADD is also one of my favorite episodes. "cause of accident ?.... lack of adhesive ducks ! "-  simple yet funny premise :cheese:

"Ass"

"Possible Tourettes"

:icon_cheesygrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

On 4/8/2017 at 8:54 AM, JE7 said:

During the first few years he tried to if not morph the character of Penny into Katie then to at least graft as many of Katie's characteristics onto penny as he could get away with.

Thank you! I believe this is spot on!

bfm, ajond, JE7 and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

13 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Huh. Are you suggesting, their past sexual behaviour might result in a baby? LOL. Yeah maybe if Lorre is in charge. But of course if Penny is pregnant, Leonard is the father. I suspose they could go Priya was pregnant. But diddn't want to tell Leonard. Comes back in Series Final. Leonard you are a father. Lenny raise the kid, in the weekends, and on holidays :icon_cheesygrin:. OF course I am joking. Although I have always got a kick out of the Leonard wakes up and the whole thing was a dream series final...

No, infertility is the opposite of producing a child.  I was thinking of a scenario such as the suggestion a disease caught from one of her sexual partners, including Leonard who got about a bit himself, might have blocked Penny's tubes. Penny quarrels with whoever suggests it, probably Amy, but does go to get them checked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

No, infertility is the opposite of producing a child.  I was thinking of a scenario such as the suggestion a disease caught from one of her sexual partners, including Leonard who got about a bit himself, might have blocked Penny's tubes. Penny quarrels with whoever suggests it, probably Amy, but does go to get them checked. 

Your idea is great but imo it might turn a bit too much dramatic for a sitcom. An unexpected Penny pregnancy possibility  could work as a funny plotline as she might have asked Amy and Bernardette for keeping it as a secret as she was suspicious she was pregnant and someone would spill the beans. Then a nice and tender moment could happen between Leonard and Penny for the audience bliss as oneday a baby would be real for them:)

Ps: it was just my opinion. And my idea is might be unlikely to happen though. :wink:

Edited by spidergirl
Mario D., Jonny, joyceraye and 3 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I hate to sound like the disgruntled, "bring back the good old days', the current show sucks, type of fan... But, who would have imagined ten years ago that TBBT would be dominated by discussions of relationships, babies, and whether, or not, Raj is gay? I watch the show and, as Sheldon once queried Amy, I ask, "What has happened to you?"

Edited by HeWolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

1 minute ago, HeWolf said:

I hate to sound like the disgruntled, "bring back the good old days', the current show sucks, type of fan... But, who would have imagined ten years ago that TBBT would be dominated by discussions of relationships, babies, and whether or not Raj is gay? I watch the show and, as Sheldon once queried Amy, I ask, "What has happened to you?"

Who expected the show to stay the same for ten or more years? I know I didn't. I just recently watched season 1-3 again and I don't think it's superior in any way. The show still makes me laugh and that's what's important to me.

Jonny, April, bfm and 3 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Cloud Strife said:

Who expected the show to stay the same for ten or more years? I know I didn't. I just recently watched season 1-3 again and I don't think it's superior in any way. The show still makes me laugh and that's what's important to me.

It's a very different show that much is obvious, but I still find it just as funny (perhaps even more so at times compared to seasons 1-3) but in different ways.

But i'm not going to lie from what I have seen during the second half of this season it has me worried for Season 11 (well to be precise a tiny, tiny bit).

Edited by Jonny
bfm, serena_1995, Lagernisse and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

15 minutes ago, Jonny said:

It's a very different show that much is obvious, but I still find it just as funny (perhaps even more so at times compared to seasons 1-3) but in different ways.

But i'm not going to lie from what I have seen during the second half of this season it has me worried for Season 11 (well to be precise a tiny, tiny bit).

In my opinion has the second half of this season not been good at all. I think TPTB and the writers has a few things that needs to be fixed in season 11, if they don't want to loose even more viewers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now