Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

40 minutes ago, Sah said:

It goes both ways. Many fans think Lenny are all that is needed for this show. I think the show is strongest with all cast members. Not just Lenny or Shamy.

Well if that is the case. Why have the show revolved the show around Shamy the past two seasons. And relegated Lenny to kitchen fodder? So clearly that logic is not practical on the show. I agree with you in theory. The show should have better balance like it did season 1-6. But the reality is. Just like in Happy Day's. When Fonzie took over as the Rooster. Sheldon is their poster boy. Standing Centre Stage. While the supporting cast, wave silently to the audience in the background. TBH it all changed personally for me. When Bill Prady Stepped down as head writer. And Moloro talk over. IT is when TBBT entered some kinda Relationship Vortex.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 6

No! I'm sorry! I never meant to suggest that you were a writer! And I never thought you were! 
It's just that you asked a question that held the very lovely implication -- two lovers are parting for several months -- and would we be privileged to witness their tender parting words, their final kiss to one another? Such a lovely, memorable moment that fans would cherish and hold it close to their hearts! And alas! Lenny was given such a moment but the writers -- not you! -- thought it would be amazingly funny and clever to have a very annoying and highly irritating Sheldon interrupt their goodbyes and 'I love you'. Sigh! The Sheldon Show does break this Lenny's shippers heart! 
But happily! I am not totally forsaken! I do remember the happy Lenny moments! Like the time they got married! No wait! Sheldon interrupted that too! But there was the crazy, fun honeymoon in San Francisco! Oh, yeah! The one we never saw and that Sheldon had invited himself to join in too! But now their second wedding! That was absolutely lovel -- no wait! Sheldon interrupted that too! But at least we had their first year of living together as husband and wife -- ah, no! Sheldon was there as well!
Ah, well! No fear! I'm sure the writers of The Sheldon Show will give Shamy a sweetly tender, memorable parting without any asinine clowns interrupting it.    

Your post said exactly what I've been think. Great post

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 6

TBBT needs Kaley's face in every episode!
Johnny's too. It needs the big three.

I wonder if tptb figured they needed to resign kaley and johnny at about 1 million each per episode to make their star Sheldon "funny" other wise without them Sheldon would sound like any other egotistical jerk

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

The problem for lenny fans and I'm speaking only for myself is the major amount of screen time Sheldon gets compare to the other characters now they seem to want guess actors which interact with Shelton in a lot of episodes and to me that just means less screen time for the remaining characters

As a fan of Sheldon and Shamy, I would not object to having them happily in the background once in a while for the greater good of the show. I enjoy Lenny just fine. My question is what would you have the plots be about? They don't have much in common like Shamy does where they can do expirements together, work together and make up games... perhaps the new job episode will offer some new options for plotlines. 

• Like 5

As a fan of Sheldon and Shamy, I would not object to having them happily in the background once in a while for the greater good of the show. I enjoy Lenny just fine. My question is what would you have the plots be about? They don't have much in common like Shamy does where they can do expirements together, work together and make up games... perhaps the new job episode will offer some new options for plotlines. 

Lenny basically spent 3 seasons behind the kitchen island. If these writers can't think of a storyline for them then maybe they need to try harder or be replaced

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Lenny basically spent 3 seasons behind the kitchen island. If these writers can't think of a storyline for them then maybe they need to try harder or be replaced

Perhaps they could take cooking classes together...(sad attempt at humor). I would like to see Lenny have more date nights. Just the two of them. I would enjoy seeing a picnic in the park as a date....

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Sah said:

First of all they should be in the background more than once awhile. They could have Lenny decorate Sheldon's room, go dancing, go to a football, spend a day in bed. Just because Shamy has a lot in common doesn't necessarily make them interesting to watch.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Kathy2611 said:

Leonard & Penny saying good bye at the airport?  Yeah, right there with you screaming my head off!  "WTF is Sheldon doing there?  He's not needed!!" 

Well, Leonard is Sheldon's best friend. He wanted to say goodbye, too. It was a beautiful scene nevertheless.

• Like 1

Perhaps they could take cooking classes together...(sad attempt at humor). I would like to see Lenny have more date nights. Just the two of them. I would enjoy seeing a picnic in the park as a date....

Just because you doubt have much in common with your partner doesn't mean you can't grow togetger and learn from each other. A little personal story when i met my wife she was a bartender and the only thing we had in common was that she sold beer and i drank beer nothing else in common at all. We got married a month after meeting and were married 27 years what i trying to say is you don't have to have a lot in common. We grew together and had a great life but the writers seem to think that after you get married you never change which is a bunch of bull

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, 1979 said:

Though they did share a passionate kiss and funny dialogue leading up to them going to the bedroom, they weren't shown in bedroom. Later Penny, Leonard and Raj are in the hallway and hear them talking "dirty" while they're doing it. The funniest part of the taping for me was watching Mayim and Jim sit fully clothed (off camera) on the couch and crack up trying to say those lines.

I hope it is on the blooper reel that is released...

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

I'm not a Lenny but I get it.  I really do!  I would be lying if I said I wasn't happy about Shamy.  I'm actually exastic!  But a lot of us Shamy's didn't like those scenes either and then some.  

Leonard & Penny saying good bye at the airport?  Yeah, right there with you screaming my head off!  "WTF is Sheldon doing there?  He's not needed!!"  And no I didn't think it was funny.  What it was, was stupid and used for a cheap laugh.  So cheap nobody but, probably the studio audience, laughed.  It would've been better if it had been sweet and just Lenny.  

The writers keep pulling these jokes that only they find funny and I am soooooo f&@king sick and tired of "Sheldon the dog" jokes, "Sheldon the child" jokes.  After 10 years, a live in girlfriend and now apparently what will be a more "regular" sex life, let's drop the old tired jokes, writers!!  Penny's been married now for 2 years, engaged for 1 and in a serious relationship with the same guy for how many consecutive YEARS now??  Anyone?  Molaro....did you say something?  I think we can drop the "Penny the slut" jokes too and yeah, I know she's not my favorite (she's not at the bottom though, that's reserved for Raj the douch bag....I'll get to him later) but hey, writers!  Your jokes are outdated and don't fit anymore.  You guys are the best at what you do!  Spend some time this summer and think up some new ones that WILL fit.  And while you're at it, watch the last 10 years of your creation and TAKE NOTES!!  Try and keep the continuity closer to canon.  We do notice these things and you guys have gotten unbelievably lazy in this regard.  

When you start an arc, FINISH IT!  Or at least resolve it in some way shape or form!  Who the hell ended up with Tenor or whatever the hell it is?  Are we ever going to find out?  Hell, make up a professors name and let us know something!  Anything!  

Stop being chicken shits about the big stuff and dragging your feet about everything.  I get and understand why you'll wait for the very last episodes before having either Penny or Amy pregnant.  Nobody wants to deal with a baby on set.  Got it, no problem and the way you're handling Halley is genius (we miss you terribly Carol Ann Suzi!!!).  

But basically what I'm also sick of is the cheap shots and knock downs of our ship by another.  We aren't asking for special treatment for our ship and again, a lot of us don't like how your ship is going or being treated either.  So for the summer hiatus can we please try and get along.  I'd love to write more but I gotta get to bed.  So I'll see ya in the morning.

Oh, shit!  RAJ!  I forgot about Raj!  Do you see what you reduced him to writers?  Fix Raj too!

I really like this...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cloud Strife said:

Well, Leonard is Sheldon's best friend. He wanted to say goodbye, too. It was a beautiful scene nevertheless.

So since Penny is Amy's best friend it's okay she 's there for the goodbye?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

So since Penny is Amy's best friend it's okay she 's there for the goodbye?

Does not bug me...if Penny really wanted to be there.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Sah said:

Does not bug me...if Penny really wanted to be there.

Easier to say when you know it's not going to happen.  Penny is more considerate than Sheldon anyway.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

I agree with you mostly, except for the part where you say you don't care too much about Lenny, because I'm a Lenny through and through. What I think 3ku11 was referring to when he said the writers have loved Shamy for the past 2 season  was the fact that they have received the best plots in comparison to Lenny, and that they have had the majority of the A plots. As far as how they're writing Shamy, I agree they're not writing it as well as they should, but if you think about it they have written Lenny even worse and to add insult to injury they have given them relatively little screen time.

I think the real problem is that the writers are really in love not with Shamy or Lenny, but with just Sheldon. I think that while the Shamy split had to occur (even if the timing was off, IMO, by about 23 episodes, the way it was handled was atrocious, since it was 95% from Sheldon's point of view. When they solved it without really changing anything, that's when they really lost me. I don't think the reconciliation was earned at all.

All of that being said I don't think the Ramona thing is much to worry about, but what do I know...  

THIS.

And not just the writers, most of the fans and casual audience too, I may add.

I don't know since when we have the notion - "The Big Three" (yeah, I'm not that devoted fan...And before Bernie and Amy showed up, I always thought "The Whole Five"...), but based on my observation on social media, most of the people really enjoy that Sheldon interrupts Lenny's various scenes.

They laughed at the scene of the 624 airport, they laughed when Sheldon talking to Lenny through the bedroom wall in 1001, they thought "Awwww, so sweet and touching!!!" when Sheldon delivered his love to Lenny in his speech, and they thought "I wish I have a friendship like Sheldon had with Leonard and Penny..." when the three of them hugged together in 1001. 

So, you see, to these people, Sheldon is bound to be involved in Lenny's life. 

And, even Sheldon himself thought so and he even said out loud. 

In 713, The Occupation Recalibration, when Leonard said:" Can we please have some privacy?" Sheldon said:" No, I'm as much a part of this relationship as you two, and I think it's high time we put all our cards on the table. For example, where is this going? Are you two ever getting married? And if so, where will we all live? Have you thought about that?" 

In 1017, The Comic-Con Conundrum, when Amy suggested Sheldon not to say anything to Lenny, Sheldon said:" If you haven't noticed, I've been between them for the last ten years."

Oh, and till this day, there are still many people think that it was Sheldon who pushed the "Lenny getting married" issue forward in 824. 

So, from the TPTB's perspective, this is a business, most of the people love Sheldon, love Sheldon in Lenny's life, so the writers give them that. They really have to meet the customers' demands.

So, all in all, I fully understand why the writers did what they did in the past three(and more) seasons. I'm not happy about it, but I understand.

PS: if you think this post is me defending the writers...I'm sorry, it's really not.

Edited by snapepans
add something
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, snapepans said:

THIS.

I don't know since when we have the notion - "The Big Three" (yeah, I'm not that devoted fan...And before Bernie and Amy showed up, I always thought "The Whole Five"...), but based on my observation on social media, most of the people really enjoy that Sheldon interrupts Lenny's various scenes.

They laughed at the scene of the 624 airport, they laughed when Sheldon talking to Lenny through the bedroom wall in 1001, they thought "Awwww, so sweet and touching!!!" when Sheldon delivered his love to Lenny in his speech, and they thought "I wish I have a friendship like Sheldon had with Leonard and Penny..." when the three of them hugged together in 1001. 

So, you see, to these people, Sheldon is bound to be involved in Lenny's life. 

And, even Sheldon himself thought so and he even said out loud. 

In 713, The Occupation Recalibration, when Leonard said:" Can we please have some privacy?" Sheldon said:" No, I'm as much a part of this relationship as you two, and I think it's high time we put all our cards on the table. For example, where is this going? Are you two ever getting married? And if so, where will we all live? Have you thought about that?" 

In 1017, The Comic-Con Conundrum, when Amy suggested Sheldon not to say anything to Lenny, Sheldon said:" If you haven't noticed, I've been between them for the last ten years."

Oh, and till this day, there are still many people think that it was Sheldon who pushed the "Lenny getting married" issue forward in 824. 

So, from the TPTB's perspective, this is a business, most of the people love Sheldon, love Sheldon in Lenny's life, so the writers give them that. They really have to meet the customers' demands.

So, all in all, I fully understand why the writers did what they did in the past three(and more) seasons. I'm not happy about it, but I understand.

PS: if you think this post is me defending the writers...I'm sorry, it's really not.

I think the writers just want to keep TBBT unique. If Leonard drops off Penny without Sheldon then the scene is little different from 100s of other goodbyes in endless other shows. Sheldon in the back seat and the scene is uniquely TBBT.

____edit

oops meant to say Penny dropping of Leonard

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, snapepans said:

THIS.

Since when ?I think Sheldon was interrupting Lenny, as early as season 3. I thought there was too much  Sheldon even in early seasons, particularly since Howard and Raj weren't very developed as characters to form an ensemble. Howard was a one note creep and Raj couldn't even talk much.

So I agree , Sheldon is/was the breakout character and one of the most popular characters from the show. So it makes sense the writers use him. But IMO, they tend to overuse Sheldon too. 

In the season 3 premiere Electric Can Opener Fluctuation, Leonard and Penny reuniting was interrupted by Sheldon running away to Texas.

I remember in Gothowitz Deviation, the plot was focused on Sheldon training Penny with chocolates and interfering with Lenny

In Guitarist Amplification, it was about Sheldon throwing a fit in reaction to Lenny fight about the Guitar guy. .

In Large Hadron Collider, it was about how Sheldon wanted to go to Switzerland ruining Lenny's trip, instead of a valentines day for Lenny.

The Gorilla Experiment was more about Sheldon teaching Penny physics and making her diss Leonard ( instead of a Lenny-only plot).

The Spagetti Catalyst was about how Sheldon was struggling to keep a dinner date with Penny, just after Lenny break up. And how Sheldon was treated as their kid.

in Einstein Approximation- Lenny were interrupted from sleeping and Leonard had to get out of bed at night to get Sheldon from the ball pit .

There were other Sheldon centered episodes with very less of Lenny, like Adhesive Duck Deficiency (S/P broken arm), Vengeance Formulation(Sheldon's foam prank on kripke), Bozeman Reaction(Sheldon moves to Montana because of a burglary) , Einstein Approximation(Sheldon wants to work at Cheesecake factory), The Excelsior Acquisition (Sheldon does to jail and meets Stan Lee), Pants Alternative( very Sheldon focused), and Staircase Implementation(mostly a Shelnard episode).

many of my friends, who only watch TBBT casually, can quote Sheldon or refer to his knocks or his catchphrases. Many people do laugh at all these throwaway jokes and interruptions.

I was looking at social media for the Bert episode, and a lot of people thought Sheldon having same blood type as Amy and harvesting organs was very funny joke. What I am saying is, not everyone analyzes the relationships and whether Sheldon is showing desire for Amy or not or other aspects of heartfelt scenes, that hard core fans and shippers sometimes do . it seems the writers want to make lazy jokes and cater to everyone.

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 5

I think the writers just want to keep TBBT unique. If Leonard drops off Penny without Sheldon then the scene is little different from 100s of other goodbyes in endless other shows. Sheldon in the back seat and the scene is uniquely TBBT.

We have a deference of opinion on this but i wouldn't call it unique

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

many of my friends, who only watch TBBT casually, can quote Sheldon or refer to his knocks or his catchphrases. Many people do laugh at all these throwaway jokes and interruptions.

I was looking at social media for the Bert episode, and a lot of people thought Sheldon having same blood type as Amy and harvesting organs was very funny joke. What I am saying is, not everyone analyzes the relationships and whether Sheldon is showing desire for Amy or not or other aspects of heartfelt scenes, that hard core fans and shippers sometimes do and it seems the writers want to make lazy jokes and cater to everyone.

This, I totally agree. 

I have friends who are hard core Sheldon fans, and really remember every one of his traits and quotes. So when the writers changed the three knock thing to some cliche drama, they were NOT happy. Oh, and me too, I may add.

• Like 2