Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

16,013 posts in this topic

Posted

Just now, BigBang15 said:

I think people forget this is a sitcom, not a romance show. A romance show would have had a "tender goodbye" moment for Leonard and Penny. No laughs there. Having socially inept and paranoid Sheldon in the back provided the laughs.

Nope, many of us realize it is a sitcom and the show has been able to pull off tender moments, without laughs.   It's just for that particular scene wasn't, the attempt at comedy wasn't very funny to some of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

2 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

...I found it forced and unfunny....

I didn't. :) I guess that's all we'll talk about today in the season 10 opinion thread.

 

10 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Yep, and I'll say it again. 

Cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

9 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Well, he did give her permission, to enter the room.  I'm sure he wasn't happy with the condition of the box, when he got home.  

Oh, you're right. I misread the origin...sometimes the script looks also like a puzzle box to me. :shy:

Tensor, Tonstar17 and bfm like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

20 hours ago, Tonstar17 said:

I guess no spoilers for a lenny plot. Oh wait probably didn't have one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 

My guess is that Lenny are probably standing behind the kitchen island drinking coffee, tea or wine. 

JohnPhD, 5Mississippis, JE7 and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

2 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

My guess is that Lenny are probably standing behind the kitchen island drinking coffee, tea or wine. 

No!? That will be a big step into...the next season?

o_00274.gif.a68b6ee4f4931f03415b9fbcfabb10fa.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

1 minute ago, bfm said:

Lenny did have some tender moments in the past without Sheldon interupting and IMO it was great. Examples include "The 43 Peculiairty", "The Tangible Affection Proof", "The Gorilla Dissolution".

"The Colonization Application", "The Graduation Transmission", "The Earworm Reverberation", "The Line Substitution Solution", "The Cohabitation Experimentation", "The Birthday Synchronicity", etc. all contained tender, uninterrupted scenes. All from season 8 - 10, the apparent downfall of Lenny.

How does the interrupting make it less tender or less heartfelt? It doesn't take away anything, I don't get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

10 minutes ago, Cloud Strife said:

I didn't. :) I guess that's all we'll talk about today in the season 10 opinion thread.

 

 

Is there something positive to talk about on the Lenny thread?

legacy99 and JE7 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

1 minute ago, veejay said:

No!? That will be a big step into...the next season?

o_00274.gif.a68b6ee4f4931f03415b9fbcfabb10fa.gif

Perhaps they can mix things up a little bit and change their robes. 

JE7, Carlos, legacy99 and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

The contractsIf we don't hear about a interview before the end of s10 does that mean s10 is the end if it is I don't think the writers have picked a good episode to end it on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Bigbang.daily said:

The contractsIf we don't hear about a interview before the end of s10 does that mean s10 is the end if it is I don't think the writers have picked a good episode to end it on

I'm pretty sure the show will continue with season 11 and 12 with or without Mayim and Melissa. 

Edited by Lagernisse
legacy99, Tonstar17, JE7 and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

4 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

Perhaps they can mix things up a little bit and change their robes. 

o_00274.gif.a68b6ee4f4931f03415b9fbcfabb10fa.gif...I would love to see her wearing his robe some morning....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

9 minutes ago, RJ1013 said:

After doing some catching up in this thread, I don’t understand all of the wishing for bad things for Shamy that has been going on. The characters are not real people, of course, so wishing for unpleasant scenes/plots is really nothing more than hoping that fans of that couple will be unhappy. 

There have been times when I’ve been displeased with aspects of the Shamy relationship, but it has never occurred to me to wish those things on other characters. For instance, I’ve never hoped that Leonard would try to break up with Penny over a table, or thought that the show should start making jokes about Penny drugging Leonard. Those things (among others) have annoyed me in Shamy’s history, so why would that make me want anything similar to happen to another couple?

Like many of you, I’ve been disappointed with L/P’s writing at times, but seeing those same disappointing things happen to Shamy or Howard/Bernadette would not make me feel better. I want good writing for all the characters, not worse writing for all. I hope I’m somehow misunderstanding the intent of those posts. I’d hate to think of fellow forum members wishing unhappiness on their fellow posters.

I would give you a like if I had them avaiable...

 I also want to say I second every word from your  post. The bad of others never helped anyone to feel better about their own issues . It only gives a fake impression of hapiness.

 

amethyst, Kathy2611, veejay and 4 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Lagernisee.They can't really Bernie got a baby and shamy without Amy will just be sheldon and sheldon will just be alone for the rest of his life also the main cast haven't signed anything and warner broths haven't said anything or cbs.So it only speculation 

Shamyfan95 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

2 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

I would give you a like if I had them avaiable...

 I also want to say I second every word from your  post. The bad of others never helped anyone to feel better about their own issues . It only gives a fake impression of hapiness.

 

I think that's easier to say from your POV.

legacy99 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

I think that's easier to say from your POV.

I am sorry but you are wrong about my pov. I would never have wished bad stuff to others couples when shamy was broken up. It would not help them to get out from their misery, it would only increase the unhapiness tone around tbbt plotlines and shamy issues would be still to fix.

bfm, April, amethyst and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

9 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

Does Leonard just own one robe. :icon_cheesygrin:

Body painting robe!

Blue Robe.jpg

30 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

I think people forget this is a sitcom, not a romance show. A romance show would have had a "tender goodbye" moment for Leonard and Penny. No laughs there. Having socially inept and paranoid Sheldon in the back provided the laughs.

Some people like the romantic element, as well as, the comedic. Like a romantic comedy.  To each his/her own. 

JE7, legacy99, bfm and 5 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

1 minute ago, spidergirl said:

I am sorry but you are wrong about my pov. I would never have wished bad stuff to others couples when shamy was broken up. It would not help them to get out from their misery, it would only increase the unhapiness tone around tbbt plotlines and shamy issues would be still to fix.

Would you be congratulating Lenny fans if Penny was pregnant and Sheldon and Ramona hooked up in the finale?

JohnPhD and legacy99 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

Would you be congratulating Lenny fans if Penny was pregnant and Sheldon and Ramona hooked up in the finale?

Of course! Penny's baby would not have nothing to do about it.  

Radar, bfm, veejay and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

4 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Body painting robe!

Blue Robe.jpg

Some people like the romantic element, as well as, the comedic. Like a romantic comedy.  To each his/her own. 

....I really can't stand the combining posts feature.....I need to give SPTF a like for each of these posts!!!!

veejay, bfm and Carlos like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

1 minute ago, spidergirl said:

Of course! Penny's baby would not have nothing to do about it.  

Would everyone else feel the same? I'm guessing many wouldn't be talking about a Penny baby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now