Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Recommended Posts

Leonard was the grown-up for sure. He takes such a beating for being a whiner and I like the light shined on his steady, stable, mature side contrasted to  Sheldon and Howard who  we're being childish and  needy.  I'm ok with knowing that when Penny grabbed his wrist, and held on, she led him straight to the bedroom.  :firstmove:

I don't know. I just got a good feeling about Lenny, their place in the group, and their relationship in this one. Both happy that Raj found another place to live (Penny not sad that she was losing her gal pal) each supportive of their weird neighbors in their own way and a feeling of comfortability and ease between them. There was humor, good jokes, lots of funny lines,  but nothing too mean or harsh about the episode and the Lenny pieces. I hope this is the trend going forward.

 

6 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

That didn't surprise me. What did was that they pulled out the Penny would leave but wouldn't clean line.I didn't think that was necessary.

I thought it was funny and spoken by a man comfortable and confident that she WOULDN'T leave. I liked the call back to early Penny's lack of cleaning skills. I took it as a good-natured joke. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Leonard was the grown-up for sure. He takes such a beating for being a whiner and I like the light shined on his steady, stable, mature side contrasted to  Sheldon and Howard who  we're being childish and  needy.  I'm ok with knowing that when Penny grabbed his wrist, and held on, she led him straight to the bedroom.  :firstmove:

I don't know. I just got a good feeling about Lenny, their place in the group, and their relationship in this one. Both happy that Raj found another place to live (Penny not sad that she was losing her gal pal) each supportive of their weird neighbors in their own way and a feeling of comfortability and ease between them. There was humor, good jokes, lots of funny lines,  but nothing too mean or harsh about the episode and the Lenny pieces. I hope this is the trend going forward.

Nicely said. I wish I had your confidence in the future. On the other hand, when I see both teamed up in intimate togetherness, damn yeah.

n_00365.gif.0b446ab05e0caf98d0c7e870e3971235.gif

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

It does matter what Jim projects on him and Jim has said he plays him that way.

When did he say that? Can you cite an interview or something?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, veejay said:

Nicely said. I wish I had your confidence in the future. On the other hand, when I see both teamed up in intimate togetherness, damn yeah.

n_00365.gif.0b446ab05e0caf98d0c7e870e3971235.gif

10 years older and still so dam cute:firstmove:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, veejay said:

Nicely said. I wish I had your confidence in the future. On the other hand, when I see both teamed up in intimate togetherness, damn yeah.

n_00365.gif.0b446ab05e0caf98d0c7e870e3971235.gif

I will take my glass half or quarter full of Lenny rather than a full glass of anyone else. :drinks:

glass half full wine.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The scene with Leonard and Sheldon seemed to be cut short and should have been longer.

ETA:  Those two need to go on a road trip together.

Edited by Capt. Hilts
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

If that's what it was it was her lines were  totally spoiled for me by Leonard's "Penny would leave but not clean" remark. (Paraphrasing) He wasn't smiling when he said it, either. Wasn't that a horrible thing to say to his friends?

Yes, it was. However the dynamic between Raj and his friends sometimes got to horrible things to say field. Do I enjoy it? Not at all but I have to see it as gags so I can live with them. Although I doesnt aprove it though.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

If that's what it was it was her lines were  totally spoiled for me by Leonard's "Penny would leave but not clean" remark. (Paraphrasing) He wasn't smiling when he said it, either. Wasn't that a horrible thing to say to his friends?

 

The comment Leonard made was a bit snarky, but I didn't see it as horrible or out of line. Penny is known to be slovenly when it comes to housework and her laundry. This is no secret to any of the gang. Leonard, and lately Raj, have probably been doing the cleaning of 4A. There is no reason to think Penny became a new person in this regard just because she got married and moved across the hall.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shamyarmy2016 said:

when sheldon said lovemaking i was like "yes no more coitus just lovemaking

What I would wish is them to stop talking or hear about it period.

Edited by Chrismo
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

That didn't surprise me. What did was that they pulled out the Penny would leave but wouldn't clean line.I didn't think that was necessary.

I didn't like the first part of this line but did the second. I miss "Penny is a slob" jokes, why can't we have more of them and less of "he wore her down" of "she was a slut"? They can do funny things with "Penny is a slob", like her not knowing where some of the stuff in the house go or what is the rational for their order because she usually just leaves things wherever and Leonard is the one to order and clean. Do it in a good spirit, no resenment. Just light fun stuff.

3 hours ago, veejay said:

Nicely said. I wish I had your confidence in the future. On the other hand, when I see both teamed up in intimate togetherness, damn yeah.

n_00365.gif.0b446ab05e0caf98d0c7e870e3971235.gif

Such a cute gif!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bfm said:

Thank you @luminous! I was thinking of tagging you and veejay but didn't want to make it a demand and knew you will not disappoint anyway :)

What I liked is that, to me, Leonard came out as the better adjusted of the guys. He was sad but wasn't clingy or lost. They may make fun of him and joke about him being a looser, but at the end of the day I think he is the strongest of the group and their (not by his choice or authority) leader (Who was the one to do most of the talking to the colonel? Oh, yeah...). However, I would like to see an acknowledgment of this. Have him say a few words to Penny and her consoling him. If you can't (don't want to spend time on) do that at least have her talk about his reaction to the girls in the park when the guys' reactions were discussed. These things could have had humour, like your examples @SRAM or my idea of having Penny make some joke about how Raj leaving makes it easier.

Agree with all yr points. I have a question on two points:  one, there was no explanation of why Raj has decided to move out, which I am glad he did and two, no explanation why the gov't. took away their project......guess we have to make our own assumptions on both counts.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

I will take my glass half or quarter full of Lenny rather than a full glass of anyone else. :drinks:

glass half full wine.jpg

I guess after a hard working day it's time to escape with Penny to a Nebraska Brewery Inn to drink some bottles of refreshing Cornfield Beer. :shy:

n_00424.gif.b4bf504aad53cf021eb45d4d7820e71a.gif

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, veejay said:

I guess after a hard working day it's time to escape with Penny to a Nebraska Brewery Inn to drink some bottles of refreshing Cornfield Beer. :shy:

n_00424.gif.b4bf504aad53cf021eb45d4d7820e71a.gif

You are the King of Gifs, especially Leonard and Penny Gifs!

King.png

Leonard and Penny King and Queen.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

You are the King of Gifs, especially Leonard and Penny Gifs!

King.png

Leonard and Penny King and Queen.png

That's so cute!  :icon_redface:  Thanks, LOL

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, April said:

When did he say that? Can you cite an interview or something?

If you give me some time I'll find it for you.  In the same interview, he mentions reading a book about aspergers, the name escapes me at the moment, and he used that to shape his portrayal of Sheldon. That was in an interview very early in the run. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tensor said:

If you give me some time I'll find it for you.  In the same interview, he mentions reading a book about aspergers, the name escapes me at the moment, and he used that to shape his portrayal of Sheldon. That was in an interview very early in the run. 

I know that interview and that is not what he said unless there's a secret part that I've never seen quoted anywhere.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Tensor said:

If you give me some time I'll find it for you.  In the same interview, he mentions reading a book about aspergers, the name escapes me at the moment, and he used that to shape his portrayal of Sheldon. That was in an interview very early in the run. 

 

13 minutes ago, April said:

I know that interview and that is not what he said unless there's a secret part that I've never seen quoted anywhere.

The AV Club interview May, 2009

http://www.avclub.com/article/jim-parsons-27415

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, vonmar said:

 

The AV Club interview May, 2009

http://www.avclub.com/article/jim-parsons-27415

That's the one I remember reading and with no part did he say that he based his portrayal specifically on people with autism /aspergers. Quite the opposite in fact because he didn't even know about it until Johnny gave him that book to read after his portrayal was already established.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if they have the same writers every week or do they rotate them? I just watched 1022 and I thought there was wittier dialoque than for some time. Also, do certain writers specialise in certain characters? I thought the writing (as well as the acting. of course) of Bernadette was particularly good in this ep.

Edited by JohnPhD
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

Does anyone know if they have the same writers every week or do they rotate them? I just watched 1022 and I thought there was wittier dialoque than for some time. Also, do certain writers specialise in certain characters? I thought the writing (as well as the acting. of course) of Bernadette was particularly good in this ep.

Also, my wife has been asking me this:  Has it ever been mentioned where Sheldon and Bernadette went to college?  I cannot recall when or if it was said. We know Leonard went to Princeton, Howard to M.I.T, Raj to Cambridge and Amy to Harvard

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

Also, my wife has been asking me this:  Has it ever been mentioned where Sheldon and Bernadette went to college?  I cannot recall when or if it was said. We know Leonard went to Princeton, Howard to M.I.T, Raj to Cambridge and Amy to Harvard

Pretty sure Sheldon went to Caltech though I could be way wrong. Not something I remember that well. Maybe also a college in Texas before graduate studies?

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.