Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

1 hour ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Yes, fun, in a grief Support Group kind of fun way.  We've got all 5 stages of grief going on here;  denial:girlglasses:, anger:girlwah:, bargaining:drinks:, depression:girlsad:, and acceptance:girlsigh:. And people who don't think you're (too) crazy for feeling these things over a sitcom couple!

Yeah, sometimes it's pretty hard for me :icon_cheesygrin: , but like you said, a Support Group might help
or as Penny manifested in her distinctive way...

homeostasis.gif.ee20b34853d26f281869283a531f81de.gif

:shy:

• Like 5

5 hours ago, JE7 said:

I am still waiting for BBT THE FLAMETHROWER.....

The kids would love it

OV553AT.jpg

I've never bought any TV show merchandise myself, but when the guys started their guidance system project, I thought it would be a nice counterpoint if P, B, A and Raj got together to bake and market Amy's penis cookies from 903 on a commercial scale. Then it occurred to me that Dr Farrah Fowler's Authentic Penis Cookies might be a viable line of TBBT merchandise. I can see hen parties and others buying them "ironically". Sure, what do I know? But do the makers really know what they're doing?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tensor said:

There may have been bonus money to keep Johnny on board for two more years, because he wanted to leave.  There may have been bonus money to get Kaley to grow her hair back, because she wanted to keep her hair short.   

Believe they gave Johnny and Jim production deals for their show ideas and gave Kaley monetary compensation as opposed to a production deal. Don't think her hair was a factor.

8 hours ago, JE7 said:

It appears that instead of going out on top this year we will get a slow and undignified death. My only two questions at this point is will we actually see season 12 and will anybody really care by then?

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/05/06/big-bang-theory-ratings-fall-to-series-low.html

Even though their ratings were low for their show it still was the top show for the night by far. But they have to perk it up to maintain their standard.

12 hours ago, Tensor said:

There may have been bonus money to keep Johnny on board for two more years, because he wanted to leave.  There may have been bonus money to get Kaley to grow her hair back, because she wanted to keep her hair short.   

It seems that Kaley may have had a little to do with Johnny staying too, based on what was provided from one of the taping reports, where she made a comment  to Johnny when they talked to the audience.  A friend can have a bigger influence on you doing something than money sometimes, plus Kaley has him broken in now, why would she want to break in someone new in at this point in the show as her husband.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, SRAM said:

It seems that Kaley may have had a little to do with Johnny staying too, based on what was provided from one of the taping reports, where she made a comment  to Johnny when they talked to the audience.  A friend can have a bigger influence on you doing something than money sometimes, plus Kaley has him broken in now, why would she want to break in someone new in at this point in the show as her husband.

True, they both have invested a big part of their lives in TBBT.  But I have to think their close bond together and Johnny's desire for better storylines for P&L were the main factors for him to stay the course.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nogravitasatall said:

I had one too. But it wore out and I had to recycle it. Meta,  huh.

I bought my doctor goddaughter a T-shirt saying she would sing Soft Kitty. I have a shopping bag saying my mother had me tested. My calendars for the last two years have had a scene from BBT on every page, and when my friend went to Las Vegas last year she lost £10 of mine on gambling machines that had BBT characters on them. If the series ended, the public's enthusiasm for that sort of thing would soon drop off. It makes a lot of money for someone with these sidelines. i know someone who never watches BBT when it's on but waits for her young man to buy the DVDs. Friends and Frasier are still shown somewhere on the TV but you never see the spin-off toys for them any more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

I bought my doctor goddaughter a T-shirt saying she would sing Soft Kitty. I have a shopping bag saying my mother had me tested. My calendars for the last two years have had a scene from BBT on every page, and when my friend went to Las Vegas last year she lost £10 of mine on gambling machines that had BBT characters on them.

I have a life-size cardboard stand-up of Amy Farrah Fowler, and a mug that says "I heart.gif.7de360af9d2cf7ce9b86462374f00152.gif AMY FARAH FOWLER".

I've also got a TBBT Monopoly Game, and a TBBT Trivia quiz book.

• Like 3

I never got around to getting one of those Eddie Haskell t-shirts, so I might have to get a Sheldon one, or Green Lantern.

11 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

I gave up watching night time network television for years because they kept moving the shows around, going on break for weeks.  Sleepy Hollow is a case where a friend and I would watch it and then just gave up trying to keep track of it.  TBBT, for a while was on Mondays, then it disappears for spells because of sports, or, whatever.  So long as I can see a repeat every day at the same time on the same channel, that's where I'm going to look for TBBT rather than chase it down.

Well... I mean... come on! You're not going to tell us now that TBBT is soooooo difficult to track, are you? It is either on Mondays or on Thursdays (most of the time)

9 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Well... I mean... come on! You're not going to tell us now that TBBT is soooooo difficult to track, are you? It is either on Mondays or on Thursdays (most of the time)

I have scheduled activities that take place at nights, also.  

So, I miss programs on a fairly regular basis.  Life goes on as there are repeats.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

Yes, fun, in a grief Support Group kind of fun way.  We've got all 5 stages of grief going on here;  denial:girlglasses:, anger:girlwah:, bargaining:drinks:, depression:girlsad:, and acceptance:girlsigh:. And people who don't think you're (too) crazy for feeling these things over a sitcom couple!

Toys in the furnace.gif

I'm not a crybaby.jpg

One of my fav Lenny episodes lol. .

• Like 4

11 hours ago, JE7 said:

Yep falling almost as fast as the number of democrat seats in state and federal legislature's 

And the original story was from variety 

But the ratings systems weren't gerrymandered post 2010 and you don't have to be able to get time off from your job on a Tuesday to participate in the surveys. The ratings do try for a statistically valid sample to gauge the public response. Plus, few of these posters are Russian

... or are we.

So maybe not the same phenomenon. :) 

• Like 7

....So this is the week that the final episode in Season 10 airs.  Time certainly has gone by quickly!  It may be sort of early (and it is sooooo quiet here), being that 10.24 has not been let out of the film can yet, but does anyone want to let us know their favorite (or least favorite) moments of Season 10???   #Hokie'sLameAttemptToGetPostsGoingOnThisThread

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

....So this is the week that the final episode in Season 10 airs.  Time certainly has gone by quickly!  It may be sort of early (and it is sooooo quiet here), being that 10.24 has not been let out of the film can yet, but does anyone want to let us know their favorite (or least favorite) moments of Season 10???   #Hokie'sLameAttemptToGetPostsGoingOnThisThread

A better question may be a favorite moment that wasn't biased in favor of a certain ship. I probably could come up with one the first nine seasons. Not this season though.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

Oh, that’s pretty easy for me. You can take it as two sides of an imagined medal (favorite or worst). :shy:

n_00210.gif.23c5aa34286a4645a8cfaaf312e33db8.gif

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, hokie3457 said:

My favourite was when they said 'donkey' although the word in the usual name for the situation is 'ass'. Very un-Shamy although very American. So funny !

Next to that for me is 'My mate' when Sheldon was grumbling to Amy about talking to his mother.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hokie3457 said:

I think Lenny's redo was nice and I also find the Lenny Christmas tree cutting to be funny(but the scene just to short). Special mention to @veejay's gif (Lenny drinking coffee) which is really cute. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

Not exactly about the show per say but close enough.  The worst thing about season 10 for me is the damn quote function on this site.  I still say we spend the summer hiatus (I've been saying we need to do this for the last several summers, btw) hunting the bastard down that created it and make him fix it.  Why the hell should we all suffer for the next 2 freaking years dealing with this quote function??!!  You think it's going to work and then something (you don't know what, you never find out what) happens, it glitches or totally deletes everything you spend time writing up only to write it up again and get it done twice, making you look like a moron.  I can't even begin to count how many times I've wanted to throw my phone across the room because of it or just give up and not saying anything at all because by the time I finally get almost done, something happens and it screws up.  I don't know how you people that multi quote do it.  And then....THEN the last thing you quote that you decided not to, pops up when you're wanting to quote something else!

Well, that's the worst for me.  As for something regarding the show....I'll have to get back to you on that.  

• Like 2

On 5/7/2017 at 2:53 AM, JE7 said:

It appears that instead of going out on top this year we will get a slow and undignified death. My only two questions at this point is will we actually see season 12 and will anybody really care by then?

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/05/06/big-bang-theory-ratings-fall-to-series-low.html

Still numbers any other comedy would kill for.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

I liked the wedding re-do. Great for Lenny and great group episode. Not everyone did, but I loved all the  guest stars!  I'm easily dazzled!

Wedding happiness w family.jpg

Edited by Strawberry PopTart Fan
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Gbb said:

Still numbers any other comedy would kill for.

Any other non-sports show...

• Like 5

Mmm... Picking favorites will require me to consider every episode so I'll just mention some things I really enjoyed that come to mind right now: Lenny dance party! Lenny Christmas costumes! Halley goes to daycare saga, Shamy contemplating Bueridan's (probably missspeled, sorry) donkey, Lenny redo (apart from the vows, I loved Bernadette there!), Klingon vs Ubi Dabby, Shamy's emotion detection talk, Lenny-Howardette stuff, Shamy's science fight, Howardette before Halley's birth (naming discussion), Lenny doing similar poses and gestures here and there.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, bfm said:

Mmm... Picking favorites will require me to consider every episode so I'll just mention some things I really enjoyed that come to mind right now: Lenny dance party! Lenny Christmas costumes! Halley goes to daycare saga, Shamy contemplating Bueridan's (probably missspeled, sorry) donkey, Lenny redo (apart from the vows, I loved Bernadette there!), Klingon vs Ubi Dabby, Shamy's emotion detection talk, Lenny-Howardette stuff, Shamy's science fight, Howardette before Halley's birth (naming discussion), Lenny doing similar poses and gestures here and there.

I LOVED the smile on Penny's face when she looked at Leonard just before signing the Relationship Agreement accepting him 'as is'.

Also Buridan's donkey scene.

Edited by Capt. Hilts
  • Like 5

When it fades to black in the finale?

I would of said Sheldon getting drugged but they unfortunately didn't show it.

So is season 11 and 12 happening from the democratic numbers (has it affect the contract for another 2 seasons) also most ep will be one week at a time so every Thursday we see what happens on that day not Monday etc I know this because Bernadette says I going back to work after 4 months and It was 4 months so it works out 1 ep per week