Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

15,597 posts in this topic

Posted

1 minute ago, mirs1 said:

Kaley usually submits her nom for the supporting actress category. Also, this year for the first time Allison Janney will submit for lead actress category.

Oh, thank you for correcting me!!!

OK, never mind my earlier post. :shy:

Posted

43 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

bold thought: How about we shift focus to the girls? They're a hell of a lot more fun together of late than the guys are. I would watch a pamydette show, with occasional appearances from the chaps. Sheldon has great chemistry with the group, as we have seen before. And I think Howard and raj work pretty well too. Have we seen Leonard interacting with the girls together?

seconded. 

wowbagger, hokie3457 and joyceraye like this

Posted

55 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

bold thought: How about we shift focus to the girls? They're a hell of a lot more fun together of late than the guys are. I would watch a pamydette show, with occasional appearances from the chaps. Sheldon has great chemistry with the group, as we have seen before. And I think Howard and raj work pretty well too. Have we seen Leonard interacting with the girls together?

Well if the quality of the guys only scenes doesn't improve dramatically then I think they should focus more on the girls in those separate scenes.

I know Penny, Amy and Bernie have a deep friendship every time I see them together. Can't say that about the bitchy, moaning all the time, sometimes downright nasty to each other guys.

hokie3457, April, bfm and 4 others like this

Posted

13 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Well if the quality of the guys only scenes doesn't improve dramatically then I think they should focus more on the girls in those separate scenes.

I know Penny, Amy and Bernie have a deep friendship every time I see them together. Can't say that about the bitchy, moaning all the time, sometimes downright nasty to each other guys.

They need to have more scenes with Leonard and Sheldon.

Desdemona, joyceraye and JohnPhD like this

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

And longer too. 10.23 had a nice shelnard scene but imo too short, as the dialogue could be more complete instead of being interrrupted by Raj. It looked like the scene might have more to offer to the viewer, maybe it was me who was enjoying it much and wanted more.

Edited by spidergirl
Desdemona, bfm, Capt. Hilts and 1 other like this

Posted

1 hour ago, wowbagger said:

That would be interesting!

Although, I don´t know how to bring them together?

Whenever they girls were alone with one of the boys it was for the purpose to give him advice.

It would be nice if it were the other way round. The girls as a group ask Leonard for an advice.

Or the girls suddenly act all awkward toward him (because they are hiding that Penny has planned something for their next anniversary?) so Leonard acts as follows:

1. He follows the girls secretly to one of their girl´s nights to find out what are they hiding from him.

2. He dresses as a girl and meets them random and tries to get along with them to find out what´s going on. Could be funny, especially if Penny remarks, how familiar she feels in her (Leonard´s) company. This option could actually lead to some intimate confessions regarding Penny´s relationship with Leonard, which makes Leonard come to certain perceptions about his relationship with Penny which leads to a beautiful scene where Leonarda (Leonard) swallows and tries to explain Leonard´s point of view regarding their relationship, before Leonarda (Leonard) kisses Penny in front of the other girls.

The girls gasp for breath with wide eyes, while Penny is totally stunned, but as she looks into Leonarda´s eyes she recognizes Leonard, smiles and reciprocates the kiss passionately, which leaves the girls completely speechless.

3. Leonard decides to accompany the girls to their next girl´s nights, hoping that the relaxing atmosphere (and maybe a drink) will loose their tongues,  so their speak voluntarily what they are hiding from him.

joyceraye, luminous and JohnPhD like this

Posted

3 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

And longer too. 10.23 had a nice shelnard scene but imo too short, as the dialogue could be more complete instead of being interrrupted by Raj. It looked like the scene might have more to offer to the viewer, maybe it was me who was enjoying it much and wanted more.

Ain't THAT the truth.

Same, here.  That scene should have been much longer.  

bfm, serena_1995, joyceraye and 4 others like this

Posted

2 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Let's take this a bit further. It's been suggested in various places that the reason the makers have turned TBBT into the Shamy Show is that Sheldon is the best or most oreiginal character etc, and that JP is the "breakout star". I'm not convinced of either of these claims, but suppose they were both true. Then it still doesn't follow that we should have the Shamy Show, because Shamy is not where we see Sheldon at his best/funniest. In fact S was just as funny when Amy didn't exist, and IMO the Sheldon-Leonard odd-couple bond was more important than the Shamy bond ever was, and Leonard and Sheldon scenes were and still are often funnier than any Shamy scenes. I think we see Sheldon as a better character when interfering in the Lenny relationship than as part of Shamy, and S has more chemistry (not sexual) with P than with A.

In fact I think if anything Shamy has damaged the Sheldon character. What is referred to as Sheldon's "growth" in Shamy consists of his becoming more nearly ordinary, less unique and less funny.

7 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

That would be interesting!

Although, I don´t know how to bring them together?

Whenever they girls were alone with one of the boys it was for the purpose to give him advice.

It would be nice if it were the other way round. The girls as a group ask Leonard for an advice.

Or the girls suddenly act all awkward toward him (because they are hiding that Penny has planned something for their next anniversary?) so Leonard acts as follows:

1. He follows the girls secretly to one of their girl´s nights to find out what are they hiding from him.

2. He dresses as a girl and meets them random and tries to get along with them to find out what´s going on. Could be funny, especially if Penny remarks, how familiar she feels in her (Leonard´s) company. This option could actually lead to some intimate confessions regarding Penny´s relationship with Leonard, which makes Leonard come to certain perceptions about his relationship with Penny which leads to a beautiful scene where Leonarda (Leonard) swallows and tries to explain Leonard´s point of view regarding their relationship, before Leonarda (Leonard) kisses Penny in front of the other girls.

The girls gasp for breath with wide eyes, while Penny is totally stunned, but as she looks into Leonarda´s eyes she recognizes Leonard, smiles and reciprocates the kiss passionately, which leaves the girls completely speechless.

3. Leonard decides to accompany the girls to their next girl´s nights, hoping that the relaxing atmosphere (and maybe a drink) will loose their tongues,  so their speak voluntarily what they are hiding from him.

Very nice, but you've been thinking about Lenny. The writers don't do that (because the owners don't want them to).

Posted

33 minutes ago, JohnPhD said:

In fact I think if anything Shamy has damaged the Sheldon character. What is referred to as Sheldon's "growth" in Shamy consists of his becoming more nearly ordinary, less unique and less funny.

The fact is JP's last Emmy was after season 6 which sort of backs that up. If you believe in the awards.

Posted

1 hour ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Only if they actually write them enjoying each others company perhaps having some fun together.

I wouldn't like to see way more Shelnard scenes if they are Season 10 Shelnard scenes. The bromance took a huge hit.

Posted

5 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Only if they actually write them enjoying each others company perhaps having some fun together.

I wouldn't like to see way more Shelnard scenes if they are Season 10 Shelnard scenes. The bromance took a huge hit.

Yeah, what you said.

joyceraye likes this

Posted

1 hour ago, JohnPhD said:

Let's take this a bit further. It's been suggested in various places that the reason the makers have turned TBBT into the Shamy Show is that Sheldon is the best or most oreiginal character etc, and that JP is the "breakout star". I'm not convinced of either of these claims, but suppose they were both true. Then it still doesn't follow that we should have the Shamy Show, because Shamy is not where we see Sheldon at his best/funniest. In fact S was just as funny when Amy didn't exist, and IMO the Sheldon-Leonard odd-couple bond was more important than the Shamy bond ever was, and Leonard and Sheldon scenes were and still are often funnier than any Shamy scenes. I think we see Sheldon as a better character when interfering in the Lenny relationship than as part of Shamy, and S has more chemistry (not sexual) with P than with A.

Very nice, but you've been thinking about Lenny. The writers don't do that (because the owners don't want them to).

Maybe I´m too optimistic, but I refuse to accept that this is already the end for Lenny´s story. If the writers try harder, they could still come up, with cute and heart-warming Lenny stories like they used to write in the past. For me it is over, when the final episode of the series airs. Let´s see what awaits us in the future. I´m hoping for good things for all the couples and that the writers will find a balance story wise between all the couples.

Posted

16 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

Maybe I´m too optimistic, but I refuse to accept that this is already the end for Lenny´s story. If the writers try harder, they could still come up, with cute and heart-warming Lenny stories like they used to write in the past. For me it is over, when the final episode of the series airs. Let´s see what awaits us in the future. I´m hoping for good things for all the couples and that the writers will find a balance story wise between all the couples.

You’re going to preach to the converted. :shy:

n_00432.gif.b25158437ddb84f8aa7491009f2355b8.gif

...yes, I do!

Posted

14 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

While I appreciate the optimism, I've been hearing this for three years now, and it hasn't gotten better, so why expect a change now?  I've been hoping for good things, and told Lenny would get better, since mid season eight.  The reality of how my favorite part of the show has been written, has driven home how useless it has become to hope for good things for Lenny.  I've started fast forwarding through to get to the usual 15-30 seconds of good Lenny. 

Posted

19 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

But when it comes to distributing good punchlines - Kaley gets as many as Jim and Mayim.  She has terrific comedic timing and the writers clearly see that and use it, regularly.

True, Kaley strength is in her comedic talent. She has been in show biz since age  six.  Believe she honed her talent working with John Ritter in "8 Simple Rules"  Also, she wanted to show some dramatic talent in "Burning Bodhi" where the movie got lukewarm reviews but she received critical acclaim for her role as Katy.  Not to say Mayim is not as talented , she is without a doubt. One of my wife's favorite movies is "Beaches" where Mayim plays Bette Midler as a young girl. She has really great scenes.

hokie3457, Gbb and Capt. Hilts like this

Posted

33 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

You are unfortunately. The reason. Steve Molaro. If you look at his body of work is on Nickleodeon, a  teen network. Him working on Young Sheldon not a stretch. His problem appears that he can't write adult issues. Howdette is a supporting couple so it matters less. Shamy is not really at an adult level. He had a chance with Ramona but took the easy way out. Now Lenny a main couple. Here's his chance. what has he done since they got married? IMO nothing.

Posted (edited)

57 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

Maybe I´m too optimistic, but I refuse to accept that this is already the end for Lenny´s story. If the writers try harder, they could still come up, with cute and heart-warming Lenny stories like they used to write in the past. For me it is over, when the final episode of the series airs. Let´s see what awaits us in the future.

Many Lennies will disagree. But fortunately the Lenny fandom isn't a homogeneous block when it comes to opinions about the ship. I for one certainly won't give up on Lenny.

Edited by luminous

Posted (edited)

41 minutes ago, Tensor said:

While I appreciate the optimism, I've been hearing this for three years now, and it hasn't gotten better, so why expect a change now?  I've been hoping for good things, and told Lenny would get better, since mid season eight.  The reality of how my favorite part of the show has been written, has driven home how useless it has become to hope for good things for Lenny.  I've started fast forwarding through to get to the usual 15-30 seconds of good Lenny. 

I really would like to cheer you up. But I’m not only a part of desperate in my believe of Penny, I’m also in an addiction to pleasure about this f…..g  sitcom.

o_00336.gif.58a035f6fb8c1ea389fb70d8ffebec25.gif

So what could I do?  :icon_rolleyes:

Edited by veejay

Posted

7 minutes ago, luminous said:

Many Lennies will disagree. But fortunately the Lenny fandom isn't a homogeneous block when it comes to opinions about the ship. I for one won't certainly give up on them. :shy:

The only thing we as P&L fans is be optimistic that there story lines will be better.  Perhaps some of these writers will hear the messages.

Posted (edited)

Between the previews, the sneak peeks and the clips in the interviews, I think I'm just left to watch the proposal, and maybe it's because I know already what is the cliffhanger but I think the interviews give away that too. It's pretty obvious

Edited by Anita
Shamyfan95 and Capt. Hilts like this

Posted

2 minutes ago, Mario D. said:

The only thing we as P&L fans is be optimistic that there story lines will be better.  Perhaps some of these writers will hear the messages.

Or maybe some of them will get fired.