Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

16,013 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, spidergirl said:

I would like to add from my personal experience that older I am , more enthusiastic I tend to be as I ship a fictional couple. Why? Because when we ship a fictional  couple when we were teens ( when I started my shipper career, lol) we tend to see only the romantic stuff. Later as we got to be an adult , sexual stuff  has a good role in shipping. At last when we have lived through a  good and bad amount of stuff about relationships as we became more mature persons, a whole new world of possibilities, scenarios and feelings make now a more complete package of the reasons that make a shipper be into a certain type of ship. Besides there is no an enthusiastic standard for a fan. Some people show more emthusiasm than others in general for the things that please them, it is a question of personality, not a matter of more true as shipper because shows more enthusiasm though.

There's a lot of sense in what you say. Good post! Yes, the romance tends to fade into the background slightly as sexual stuff gains a bigger role, and everyone has their own triggers to make a complete package. And I agree with personality being a factor, but I personally think it's also a factor if you've been disappointed many times in the past by bad writing of your ships, and having been down that road, you're more aware when you see that coming. Bad ship writing is what I'm afraid of  now.

Edited to add...I am not saying older people can't be first time shippers. Of course they can. I  am saying however that most of us older viewers have had more opportunity to ship. I started doing it in 8th grade while watching Dark Shadows.

Edited by Die Zimtzicke
joyceraye likes this

Posted

I've been watching sitcoms for a very long time, but I never knew the expression to ship until I came across this forum. Not very long ago a young relative studying Wuthering Heights told me that she really shipped Cathcliff and I knew what she meant, so that's good.

I've never shipped another sitcom couple before and generally I'm an anti-shipper. But the way Penny fell in love with Leonard won me over. KC made me a shipper against my will.

Posted

3 hours ago, SRAM said:

I have to confess, I'm a first time shipper too and it was the interaction between Penny and Leonard that did it for me.  I think Johnny and Kaley put some of themselves into the characters, and made those characters their own, also their chemistry together was amazing.  If you watched the original pilot, Katie never had that chemistry with Leonard like Penny had in the first episode.  I too never really knew about being a shipper until I became one.

n_0271.gif.e3d5fe8f0cdb3dbce1c1311c23bd1ca1.gif

Definitely maybe. :shy:

hokie3457, legacy99, bfm and 5 others like this

Posted

4 hours ago, SRAM said:

I have to confess, I'm a first time shipper too and it was the interaction between Penny and Leonard that did it for me.  I think Johnny and Kaley put some of themselves into the characters, and made those characters their own, also their chemistry together was amazing.  If you watched the original pilot, Katie never had that chemistry with Leonard like Penny had in the first episode.  I too never really knew about being a shipper until I became one.

Same here, there was just something about the way they would interact especially in the early seasons that just drew me in ,they definitely in my opinion have amazing chemistry. While it might not be utilised so much these days they've still got, but  when they do there chemistry is just so plain to see, which is why i never understood a particular groups opinion that they have none. Because when it comes to romantic chemistry Lenny are unmatched by anyone else.

Posted (edited)

On 6/29/2017 at 5:39 AM, 3ku11 said:

Apart of Lennys Romantic Chemistry being unmatched by no one else on the show. Is due to Johnny and Kaleys off screen relationship ;).

I believe their chemistry on screen during those early years was due in part to their off-screen romantic relationship.(2008-2010)  And today, their close relationship enhances that image. Think if they had rekindled their romance after her divorce even more of an audience would have tuned in just to see their interaction with each other.

Edited by Mario D.