[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Tensor

1 minute ago, serena_1995 said:

But would it be nice to see Amy being insecure of some girl who was more conventionally attractive or looked like a model ? No right ? So why is it cute to see Sheldon feel insecure of someone who was 'taller' ? I don't think any of that is original or funny.

We got that episode when Amy was jealous of Alex working for Sheldon and while it was funny and harmless, no, it didn't have the same effect it would've had if Sheldon were the one jealous of a hunky man working for Amy. Why? Because of what I just said. They are different characters and jealousy means different things for both of them. For Sheldon to be jealous, it means he loves Amy in a way we aren't always sure he does. For Amy to be jealous, it means she doesn't believe Sheldon loves her in a way we aren't always sure he does. One is good. One is bad.

I'm not trying to justify Sheldon's jealousy. I wish Sheldon would learn a new way to show Amy (and us) how much he cares, but if the writers aren't going to do that, I understand the request for "Jelly Shelly" because it's the only way he addresses his stronger feelings for Amy on a casual basis. 

Having said all that, you and I can both agree that TPTB can do better.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, serena_1995 said:

I just don't get why people  think Sheldon getting jealous/insecure is remotely 'cute' yet in 10.5 people were glad that  Amy was not feeling jealous/insecure about Sheldon's other women comment. It is similar situation, yet some love seeing Sheldon be insecure/jealous of 'taller ' men  but not Amy being compared to more conventionally attractive women. I personally don't want to see anything remotely like that. It is so cliche and dumb imo and im not a fan of jealousy in general. It makes me uncomfortable.

Different strokes for different folks? I can respect you don't see it my way, just wanted to share my thoughts. To me "jealous Sheldon" is better at asserting his feelings than just "regular Sheldon", as @shamyyellow said previously I believe... as I do want a more mature Sheldon who can just say whatever he's feeling without provocation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

hopefully something actually worthwhile this time instead of stripping then dancing.

Sounds to me like many fans fantasy come true lol :fi_lone_ranger:

tumblr_mf5n2cX64n1rbrm08o1_500.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, legacy99 said:
1 hour ago, legacy99 said:

Maybe all of Sheldon's new cool friends are from the geology dept

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

maybe yes , or just think that he is a popular guy everybody knows him ! lol

alerónalerón

3 hours ago, wowbagger said:

My favourite would still be, like, Leslie picking on Sheldon and Amy going mediaeval on her arse.

OMG that would be epic! Leslie is the definition of "Resting Bitch Face", but Amy with her purse and a can of coins could do some serious damage. 

• Like 4

I don't get why Shamy are holding a party at 4B I am presuming, after what 2 days in cohabatation. Yet Lenny are married, and they do what dance in their under wear again? Is this the show establishing Shamy are the cool couple. And Lenny are just alright? :sarcastichand:. Season 6 Closet Reconfiguartion, they had no problem Lenny holding a party. But now they are living together as a married couple, its too much! Has that been established it makes sense? Ok, just me? Got ya. Happy about the Lenny scenes, regardless of what it entails. 

Edited by Tensor
Removed about the discussion, not the show.

7 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I was always under the impression that sheldon didn't have any friends besides leonard howard and raj at cal tec

He knows other people whom he may not call friends but does interact with. Leslie Winkle, Dr Woo, Barry Kripke, Alex Jenson, Mandy Chau, Mrs Davies, spring to mind. And of course there's Amy so he'll be acquainted with people who work for her.

I remember sheldon saying that after amy and Bernadette joined the group he couldn't handle having anymore friends so the othets are only acquaintances

What i really don't understand in the last espiode amy wanted to go to a party and sheldon said that wasn't going to happen but now he's ok with it. Doesn't make scene to me

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

What i really don't understand in the last espiode amy wanted to go to a party and sheldon said that wasn't going to happen but now he's ok with it. Doesn't make scene to me

Given that we are going on very limited information such as the reason for the party or how it came about, I understand why there could be confusion on the matter.   Maybe Amy put her foot down and didn't give Sheldon a choice, and he went along because she lives there, too.

Given that we are going on very limited information such as the reason for the party or how it came about, I understand why there could be confusion on the matter.   Maybe Amy put her foot down and didn't give Sheldon a choice, and he went along because she lives there, too.

Your probably right my wife would do that to me but she always made me think it was my ldea she was obviously the smarter one

• Like 3

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic