[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Tensor

22 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

I wish I cared about Raj, but I really don't. If they wrote him off the show I don't think it'd bother me. That has nothing to do with Kunal, he seems like a good guy. It's just that the way the character is written screams, "We don't know what to do with him, he's just... there". 

As the show is written at moment I don't think we would notice if Raj suddenly is gone.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, JE7 said:

I think the character of Raj is a lost cause at this point. I mean he has been a shallow douchebag since season 1 and now its season 10 and to late to waste precious time on a major de-douceification, just send him away, save the mill an episode and use the screentime for something that is actually entertaining.  

BTW:  Bon douche.  LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mislav said:

To be fair, Raj didn't know that was a man dressed as a woman, and didn't really seem happy afterwards. And having Raj come out as homosexual (or bisexual) could seem like a stereotype since he came out as metrosexual before (with many people believing men can't be both straight and metrosexual). Yes, straight men can still be attracted to transgendered women, but I doubt Chuck Lorre could resist some distasteful jokes that are best left unused, and how well would a sitcom handle one's struggling with a gender identity, and prejudices (Jewish mom stereotypes and jokes about Indian culture, anyone)?

Yes, gay jokes between Howard and Raj... were jokes. Having Raj come out now (after having apparently struggled with his sexuality for over a decade!) would taint that in retrospect, the same way with the whole sad explanation for Sheldon's triple-knock that they recently introduced.

I'm sorry, if I was unclear, I'm not saying that because he likes lotions and girls nights and bags where he can carry his dog around doesn't mean that he is automatically homosexual. I know there's a difference. But because of the things he has said and done I think he has a tendency to homosexuality IMO I agree that he didn't like it when he found out that Kimberly was a man, but still he had a threesome with Howard and a woman in a Sailor Moon costume and he made out with Howard via kissing simulator (and this time he knew that it was a man, but he felt comfortable because it was Howard) He even mentioned once to Stuart that he would invite him for dinner and then he would undress him and bang the shit out of him. (I Don't remember the exact words but that was it More of less) and he called the night when the lights turned out and they all cuddled naked "magic".

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, April said:

There seems to be a bit of a confusion what "metrosexual" actually means. It's not a sexuality so you can't really "come out as metrosexual". The term basically describes a straight dude who's into grooming and fashion, a modern dandy if you will. And it's not that people don't believe men can't be both straight and metrosexual - it's that people believe men can't be both straight and into grooming/fashion because that was associated with gay stereotypes. And that is basically why the term metrosexual is used cause it's a big old "NO HOMO" tag for those straight dudes who like to put some effort into their looks.

But I agree with the rest of your point that I wouldn't trust this show with handling Raj coming out as bi/gay and/or dating someone who's trans in any tasteful manner.

Yeah, lord. Considering the gay panic humour they used to mine for howard and raj, I have sadly little confidence that they would handle a romance with a trans person with any particular sensitivity.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, wowbagger said:

Yeah, lord. Considering the gay panic humour they used to mine for howard and raj, I have sadly little confidence that they would handle a romance with a trans person with any particular sensitivity.

Oh God, i really dislike the gay panic jokes with Raj/Howard and Raj/Stuart. Repetitive . Unfunny. Immature. Ironic, considering, one of the male leads of tbbt is a member of the lgbtq community IRL. Not that it should matter to the writing, but still, just noting that. Sadly, tbbt is not the only sitcom on network tv that uses gay panic and/or casual racism based humor. 

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Desdemona said:

I'm sorry, if I was unclear, I'm not saying that because he likes lotions and girls nights and bags where he can carry his dog around doesn't mean that he is automatically homosexual. I know there's a difference. But because of the things he has said and done I think he has a tendency to homosexuality IMO I agree that he didn't like it when he found out that Kimberly was a man, but still he had a threesome with Howard and a woman in a Sailor Moon costume and he made out with Howard via kissing simulator (and this time he knew that it was a man, but he felt comfortable because it was Howard) He even mentioned once to Stuart that he would invite him for dinner and then he would undress him and bang the shit out of him. (I Don't remember the exact words but that was it More of less) and he called the night when the lights turned out and they all cuddled naked "magic".

No problem. I just meant to say that it's nice to see a male character who is metrosexual but obviously straight. Making Raj gay or bisexual would actually be going by the stereotypes more than having him "remain" heterosexual.

• Like 7

I don't think the show has any obligation to tackle important topics. Or anything pertaining sexuality, or transgender e.t.c. Their obligation is to be funny. So it does not bother me regarding the current topic in this thread. 

• Like 3

On 08/10/2016 at 8:25 AM, 3ku11 said:

I don't think the show has any obligation to tackle important topics. Or anything pertaining sexuality, or transgender e.t.c. Their obligation is to be funny. So it does not bother me regarding the current topic in this thread. 

Yes. Please let them make Raj funny... but if they can squeeze in something worthy then why not. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

So, a week on Thursday. :cool: 

I'm assuming it'll be the day after, on All4.

You might be able to watch it on Thursday and not the Friday. There appears to be two listings right now Wed 19th at 8:30 and Thursday 20th at 8pm.

Whichever is correct (both could be, maybe one is wrong) it definitely starts that week. 

Edited by Jonny

1 hour ago, Lagernisse said:

Season 10 start tomorrow in Sweden on Channel 5 as usual, and I'm on vacation, perfect. 

Channel Nine Sydney starts season 10 at 8pm Thursday 13 October.  9.24 leads at 7:30 then onto 10.01. Of course Nine always starts late so allow some leeway on your DVR.

From The Hollywood Reporter: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-sheldon-amy-936717?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

'Big Bang Theory' Boss Dissects Sheldon and Amy's Home 'Experiment'

Showrunner Steve Molaro talks with THR about the nerdy comedy's new living arrangements and why it's a big step for these two characters to explore new ground in its 10th season.

The nerdy comedy from Chuck Lorre, Bill Prady and showrunner Steve Molaro took yet another big step for Sheldon (Jim Parsons) and Amy (Mayim Bialik) during Monday's episode when, after the latter's apartment flooded, she moved in with her boyfriend — in the name of science, of course.

While shacking up in Penny's (Kaley Cuoco) apartment is, at least for now, a temporary five-week "experiment," the opportunity afforded producers to also toy with new storylines for the show's most socially awkward couple just months after they (finally) sealed the deal.

Below, Molaro talks with THR about the new possibilities that come with seeing Amy and Sheldon living together, if she can tame him in a way Leonard (Johnny Galecki) never could (or would) and if the trial could become a full-time part of the series.  

(more in the link)

• Like 8

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 5:09 AM, Lagernisse said:

In my opinion the original 5 has way to much salary.

No man or woman deserves a salary of one million dollar a week, this is just insane. The original 5 earns more than a skilled surgeon, how saves lives.

If they had half of that salary they could still be having a nice life with no worries and the show could easily be renewed. 

Why not? A TV show is a business and if they can get a million per episode is because the people who are paying it do so because they can make more off them, not because of how much they like them. Furthermore advertisers pay based on ratings, so... Taking all of that into consideration I think each cast member should get as much as the market will bear or TPTB are willing to pay them.

• Like 3

And correct me If I am wrong. But The Cast make hundreds of millions of dollars of revenue for the studio (WBR) each year. So seeing the show is a buisness, they are entitled to the money they are getting. And the salaries they are getting. Most of it is Advertisers paying rates based on the ratings. Ratings are still pretty strong from what I have seen or read. So it makes sense they get a million a week. I don't think deserves it or not, really comes into it. 

• Like 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic