Tensor

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, legacy99 said:

I'm afraid even if tptb make the move permanent we will still have sheldon barging into Lenny's apt everytime amy does something he doesnt like. Which probably will be every espiode

I both agree and disagree with this, only because Amy was the one who apologized in the last episode for bringing her argument with Sheldon over to them.    In fact, even in the episode before that, Amy made it to Lenny's apartment before Sheldon got there.

I think the show is changing some direction by exploring the PALS relationship, since it does seem they will be living across from each, perhaps indefinitely.

Personally, I enjoy the Penny/Amy coffee and making breakfast in the morning where they start the day off by engaging in conversation of the latest dramas in their lives.

If the island in 4A really does become Lenny's sans Sheldon, I won't mind seeing them behind it as much as it annoys me to do so now.

2 hours ago, jenafan said:

I both agree and disagree with this, only because Amy was the one who apologized in the last episode for bringing her argument with Sheldon over to them.    In fact, even in the episode before that, Amy made it to Lenny's apartment before Sheldon got there.

I think the show is changing some direction by exploring the PALS relationship, since it does seem they will be living across from each, perhaps indefinitely.

Personally, I enjoy the Penny/Amy coffee and making breakfast in the morning where they start the day off by engaging in conversation of the latest dramas in their lives.

If the island in 4A really does become Lenny's sans Sheldon, I won't mind seeing them behind it as much as it annoys me to do so now.

The living arrangement situation as is needs to end. The show isn't the apartment version of Everyone Love's Raymond.  To me there are many things both couples need to explore on their own. The Penny/ Amy coffee arrangement to me is cute once but in reality Penny and Amy really don't have a lot in common.  Just as the group dining in 4a has ended one of the couples will need to move espicially if Shamy continues on living together.

11 hours ago, wowbagger said:

so we are thinking of a subthread for interviews, pictures and anything spoiler-y which is not a taping report, for people who:

a ) would like the information,

b ) but not enough to:

1) seek it out themselves, or

2) scroll through text to reach it.

There's a whole continuum of how people interact with spoilers, and I'm betting the forum mods will not be happy if we suggest, like, one subforum for Essays Only, one for .Gifs only, one for Only Happy Thoughts, one for Mostly Happy Thoughts with 3.1415926% Concern, one for Thunderclouds and Shitstorms Only, one for Mostly Misery with 2.718218% Silver Lining, one for Screaming Into The Void, one for Waiter, There's An Opinion In My Soup, one for Get The Fuck Off The Fence and State Your Opinion, one for I Had a Rough Day at Work Today, Can You Not? and so on.

Each subforum with a Lenny, Shamy, Shenny, Shelnard (#Manlove) and Eww, Shipper Cooties sub-subforum, natch.

Just so you know, I appreciated the use of Pi e.  

7 hours ago, kazzie said:

Things I love about Season 10:

Lenny - I love how they got to throw a second wedding and how it showed the strength in those 2 while dealing with their own family's. The season has seen Lenny in a more of a non-drama and fun light. It's nice to see them being married, having fun, being a team and being HAPPY. And also finally living together (At the moment)

Pretty much sums up my thoughts of Lenny. I've felt the same during season nine as well.

1 hour ago, Vittoria Jacoel said:

Guys, I just found this article,I don't know if it's rumour or not:
http://www.movienewsguide.com/big-bang-theory-season-11-happening-despite-expensive-actor-salaries/297498

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Another interesting paragraph, from the same article:-

Serial Apeist, a movie in which Penny stars in, will be featured at a Van Nuys comic book convention in The Fetal Kick Catalyst. This will lead to her popularity, which will surprise her.

I always thought her reaction might be somewhat muted to it when I first heard that they were doing this particular storyline. I could totally see Leonard encouraging her and being way more into it at first than she is, but then she gets more into it as she receives the attention.

I think you are bound to expect some cheap gags like nerds descending on mass and asking how did Leonard manage to end up with her, with the Queen of Snark then coming out with some lines that may or may not be deemed as funny. But Leonard won't really care as he will be just as snarky back and overall he will be proud of her. When he was at the north sea he was willing to show off that this was his girlfriend at the time in this movie and I have no doubt people were asking him then how he managed to land her, though granted the drinks were flowing that night.

Looking forward to this storyline and I know that for a long time people have been calling for it to be explored further.

Edited by Jonny

5 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I always thought her reaction might be somewhat muted to it when I first heard that they were doing this particular storyline. I could totally see Leonard encouraging her and being way more into it at first than she is, but then she gets more into at as she receives the attention.

I think you are bound to expect some cheap gags like nerds descending on mass and asking how did Leonard manage to end up with her, with the Queen of Snark then coming out with some lines that may or may not be deemed as funny. But Leonard won't really care as he will be just as snarky back and overall he will be proud of her. When he was at the north sea he was willing to show off that this was his girlfriend at the time in this movie and I have no doubt people were asking him then how he managed to land her, though granted the drinks were flowing that night.

Looking forward to this storyline and I know that for a long time people have been calling for it to be explored further.

I can only speak for myself, but my issue isn't that Leonard and Penny make an occasional joke about him wearing her down, it's that they've used this joke to the point where it's just not funny anymore, just like many other jokes have stopped being funny ages ago.

I am not only looking foward to the funny side of this lenny storyplot. My idea as I said I could not wait for Penny 's reaction about how famous is the movie was more about what impact it might have as she loved to be an actress before she embraced a kind of more solid career in pharmacy industry sells. I am sure her dream of acting is not quite dead and this convention might make her think if she is really done of trying to make her dream of acting come true. 

It might lead to a nice storyline for Penny.

23 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

I can only speak for myself, but my issue isn't that Leonard and Penny make an occasional joke about him wearing her down, it's that they've used this joke to the point where it's just not funny anymore, just like many other jokes have stopped being funny ages ago.

I get that, some people like some of the running gags others get tired of them. There are some I don't especially like either and would like to see at the very least reduced or moved away from altogether.

I would have to see how this episode plays out before making any real judgment.

No matter what good intentions the cast, production company and CBS has, the next season won't be in stone until after the actors' contracts are signed and that won't take place until late next summer. That being said, none of the cast probably has any other offers that match the salaries they get for TBBT, so they want to continue for the near future.

1 minute ago, Jonny said:

I get that, some people like some of the running gags others get tired of them. There are some I don't especially like either and would like to see at the very least reduced or moved away from altogether.

I would have to see how this episode plays out before making any real judgment.

I like your Shamy picture!

59 minutes ago, bbtfan07 said:

No matter what good intentions the cast, production company and CBS has, the next season won't be in stone until after the actors' contracts are signed and that won't take place until late next summer. That being said, none of the cast probably has any other offers that match the salaries they get for TBBT, so they want to continue for the near future.

It can't be late next summer. The writers need to know whether they are writing a series finale or a season finale in April; many journalists have asked Molaro how much in advance he needs to know if that's the last season and he has answered he needs  a couple of episodes to wrap things up. I don't think anybody would risk to disappoint millions of fans with a lousy ending because they don't know exactly what's going to happen. If for some reason we get no news up to the end of the season, that means there will be for sure a S. 11, but the actors haven't signed yet, as it happened in S. 7.

Edited by mirs1

I can only speak for myself but I have enjoyed Season 10 immensely so far, not only with the major developments of my favorite couple but also seeing Lenny finally getting the decent ceremony they deserved after that awful Vegas one, the introduction of more of Penny's family and the whole Howardette pregnancy storyline which I think Melissa and Simon have been absolutely brilliant in. Then we have the upcoming brunch, the Serial Apeist comic con, hopefully more details about Raj's love life being resolved and more advancement of the Howardette pregnancy.

I think the writers have really raised their game and the storyline developments have a certain freshness to them. Which makes me wonder are they going all out because they think this might indeed be the last season? If it's the last then I will be devastated, but if they continue to write as well as this for the rest of the season it could go down as one of its best ever seasons imo.

29 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

It can't be late next summer. The writers need to know whether they are writing a series finale or a season finale in April; many journalists have asked Molaro how much in advance he needs to know if that's the last season and he has answered he needs  a couple of episodes to wrap things up. I don't think anybody would risk to disappoint millions of fans with a lousy ending because they don't know exactly what's going to happen. If for some reason we get no news up to the end of the season, that means there will be for sure a S. 11, but the actors haven't signed yet, as it happened in S. 7.

The last contract was down to the wire and even delayed taping one week.

22 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Amy's parents at brunch?

Wow! I really didnt see that coming!

I don't think the info it's very reliable, at least the journal where it appears isn't that much. Pretty sure if Amy's mother was at the brunch, we already knew about that, it's not the kind of detail somebody leaves out when providing spoilers and there was no Mrs. Fowler (it was another name) among the guests listed in the playbill of the episode posted on IG. Plus, the plot about Lenny at the Convention is all over the place...

Edited by mirs1

6 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I don't think the info it's very relatable, at least the journal where it appears isn't that much. Pretty sure if Amy's mother was at the brunch, we already knew about that, it's not the kind of detail somebody leaves out when providing spoilers and there was no Mrs. Fowler (it was another name) among the guests listed in the playbill of the episode posted on IG. Plus, the plot about Lenny at the Convention is all over the place...

That's  why I said I didnt see that coming. I didnt believe it either.

If something huge like Sheldon meeting  Amy parents was truth, we already knew about it. This is speculation for sure.

31 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I don't think the info it's very reliable, at least the journal where it appears isn't that much. Pretty sure if Amy's mother was at the brunch, we already knew about that, it's not the kind of detail somebody leaves out when providing spoilers and there was no Mrs. Fowler (it was another name) among the guests listed in the playbill of the episode posted on IG. Plus, the plot about Lenny at the Convention is all over the place...

Just read the bit and... they just saw the promo and thought Bert and that woman are Amy's parents!! LMAO

9Jackpfftlol.gif