[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Tensor

Katey Sagal as Susan is a great choice, thumbs up to the casting people. They managed to make me interested in seeing Penny's mom. Actually I can't wait :D

Now for her brother...they look alike I guess? I'm suspecting the make-up/dressing/etc department will do its magic tricks and the result will be interesting.

Edited by Judith
  • Like 4

In addition to the fact that Katey played Kaley's mom on 8 Simple Rules, Jim auditioned against Jack McBrayer for the role of Kenny the Intern on 30 Rock.  Jim was pissed when he didn't get the part because he thought he was right for it, but once the show aired and he saw Jack in the role, he realized that Jack was perfect choice.

Sometimes it is a very small world.

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, 4everlenny said:

Thanks, I was just referencing that we never did find out Penny's maiden name, which is not important anymore because I love that her married name is Hofstadter!

Yeah, it went over my head when I read it :D

Katy Segal who played Kaley's mother in 8 Simple Rules. I won't admit I have chills. I was adovacating Lisa Kudrow. But you know this is even better. I always thought Penny was a grown up Bridgette. So how cool for Penny/Kaley to have the actress who played Bridgett's mother? I am sure Kaley well love to catch up with Katy too. Great Casting! I don't know after this news I am now really amped for S10 now. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Seems like TPTB are trying to have people get excited for season 10 after last years train wreck.

Well it is working, I am so excited! I just can't hide it. 

If their is a wedding when ever. Episode 3, 4 whatever. Where would they do it? The Hallway? Lenny have had all their big moments their. And I guess they could have the reception in 4A. That would be fun.  Susan, Pennys Bro, Wyatt, Bev, Mary, Alfred e.t.c. I can imagine the interactions 

• Like 2

I'm glad everybody seems so pleased with the casting of two more of Penny's relatives. I wonder if they'll cast her sister and nephew ? We've seen his photo very briefly when Penny rang her dad to tell him she was married.

Edited by joyceraye
to finish a sentence and correct a typo.

12 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Well it is working, I am so excited! I just can't hide it. 

If their is a wedding when ever. Episode 3, 4 whatever. Where would they do it? The Hallway? Lenny have had all their big moments their. And I guess they could have the reception in 4A. That would be fun.  Susan, Pennys Bro, Wyatt, Bev, Mary, Alfred e.t.c. I can imagine the interactions 

I can't picture this going past two episodes and two IMO is a stretch. As others said just because all these people are going to be there doesn't mean it's going to happen. Did you picture Lenny getting married in Vegas? I think TPTB need to find a way to get the lost Lennies back after season as-i-nine and by your excitement and others it seems to have worked.

36 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I can't picture this going past two episodes and two IMO is a stretch. As others said just because all these people are going to be there doesn't mean it's going to happen. Did you picture Lenny getting married in Vegas? I think TPTB need to find a way to get the lost Lennies back after season as-i-nine and by your excitement and others it seems to have worked.

Then why are they their then? Have not seen Penny's mother or Brother in Ten Seasons. And they just randomly decide to drop by lol? You have to think theirs another reason. So I am thinking the Re Do is very likely. JMO. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Then why are they their then? Have not seen Penny's mother or Brother in Ten Seasons. And they just randomly decide to drop by lol? You have to think theirs another reason. So I am thinking the Re Do is very likely. JMO. 

I'm not denying a possible redo but it's not going to be episode 3 or 4. Leonard's parents, Sheldon's mother, Penny family that makes 6. The cast that makes 13. There not going to be around more than the first episode. To me a little of the luster is lost since this should have happened (a big wedding) a year ago.

12 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I'm not denying a possible redo but it's not going to be episode 3 or 4. Leonard's parents, Sheldon's mother, Penny family that makes 6. The cast that makes 13. There not going to be around more than the first episode. To me a little of the luster is lost since this should have happened (a big wedding) a year ago.

o_283.gif

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, veejay said:

o_283.gif

40 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Well we don't know how long they are going to be around for. SO have to wait for more information on that front. I don't think alot of luster is lost, their is alot of demand for a re do.  And diddn't they have like over 13 guests in the 200th? SO I Guess they can do it. 

Edited by 3ku11

6 hours ago, vonmar said:

In addition to the fact that Katey played Kaley's mom on 8 Simple Rules, Jim auditioned against Jack McBrayer for the role of Kenny the Intern on 30 Rock.  Jim was pissed when he didn't get the part because he thought he was right for it, but once the show aired and he saw Jack in the role, he realized that Jack was perfect choice.

Sometimes it is a very small world.

A lot of talent. We are expecting great stuff now!

9 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Well we don't know how long they are going to be around for. SO have to wait for more information on that front. I don't think alot of luster is lost, their is alot of demand for a re do. 

Well it's been unusual that Bev was on for two in a row last season. I think there is more of a demand to see Penny's mother and brother than a wedding. IMO the whole wedding scenerio was screwed up by these things:

1. Penny was married to Zack and they had a whole storyline on getting it annulled.

2. Leonard's revelation that he kissed another woman.

3. Lenny actually getting married in a way similar to how Penny was married before.

Just as the 200th episode was overshadowed by Sheldon's  birthday party I think with all theses guest stars on is going to overshadow the actual wedding redo. Nothing has really ever gone smoothly for Lenny and I can't see this going smoothly either. I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic