[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Tensor

7 minutes ago, luminous said:

Photos from SpoilerTV are not allowed.

Oh goodness! I had no idea! I'm sorry, will remove! Can I ask why though? It's confusing ;-;

14 minutes ago, SRAM said:

Where is Penny's name on those billboards, the second one says staring Wil Wheaton.

I was thinking the same! Kinda wanted to get a glimpse at her maiden name (though I doubt we'll learn at this point since we went 10 seasons without knowing, I still think it'd be a fun tidbit to learn.)

Edited by ShamyBabboos
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, ShamyBabboos said:

Oh goodness! I had no idea! I'm sorry, will remove! Can I ask why though? It's confusing ;-;

Tensor can explain it better, but I try. :shy:

Spoiler TV is not the original source, it's CBS. You can use promotional pictures directly from CBS or from a site that credit CBS, but make sure that a link to the source is included. And don't use more than 2-3 photos.

Oh, and have a look at the forum rules. (sect. 3 - Copyright considerations.) :shy:

Edited by luminous
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, luminous said:

Spoiler TV is not the original source, it's CBS. You can use promotional pictures directly from CBS or from a site that credit CBS, but make sure that a link to the source is included. And don't use more than 2-3 photos.

Gotcha! I'm still pretty new to the forums in general (only made an account solely for the chat 2 years ago), so thanks for letting me know :) 

• Like 2

From cbs.com:

Fans Go Serial Ape-ist Over Leonard At The Local Comic-Con On The Big Bang Theory

Leonard becomes the center of attention after Penny accepts an invitation to the local comic-book convention.

Before she became Mrs. Hofstadter, Penny made a name for herself when she appeared topless in the campy B-list movie Serial Ape-ist.

more: http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_bang_theory/news/1006076/fans-go-serial-ape-ist-over-leonard-at-the-local-comic-con-on-the-big-bang-theory/

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Presumably this is why Leonard gets a load of attention at the comic con?

Hopefully the focus will switch towards Penny at some point during the scenes. It should be about her and some b movie fans giving her some praise.

n_00227.gif

:shy:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, luminous said:

Oh, and have a look at the forum rules. (sect. 3 - Copyright considerations.) :shy:

You did good. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, joyceraye said:

mjc45, If  Bernie said the head was engaged that is a good sign ! Towards the end of a first pregnancy the baby is supposed to drop down with the top of its head at the cervix. If it's the right way round ( face looking at the mother's spine ) it's in the right position for labour and delivery.  It means we could get a corny traditional sitcom episode where the baby is born before Bernie gets to the hospital, or with any luck we just hear Howard telling everybody that she's had the baby with no problems.

thanks, did not want to ask the ladies around me.

why i pick to go to the taping, it was 9 months(feb.to nov.) bernie was 

going to give birth, but not in big bang months

• Like 1

Lol I think its great Leonard steals the attention, I had hoped he would. Obviousley the geeks love the guy whos married to their Godess. Yeah I am sure the attention well shift to Penny. But we as fans always moan Leonard gets nothing, finnally does and were rejecting it? Uh Huh, you take it in Leonard..

• Like 2

So THAT'S a minivan ? That great big estate car ? Now I get it. I couldn't imagine before why anybody would put a baby in a small vehicle with no windows at the side and that one hires for small removals. LOL. 

Kudos to the man who said Britain and America were two nations separated by a common language.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Lol I think its great Leonard steals the attention, I had hoped he would. Obviousley the geeks love the guy whos married to their Godess. Yeah I am sure the attention well shift to Penny. But we as fans always moan Leonard gets nothing, finnally does and were rejecting it? Uh Huh, you take it in Leonard..

Sorry, but no . I used to relate the most to Penny and she is my favorite of the girls , but I just didn't like it in 10.06.  I thought the convention would  end up being about Penny. Obviously she wasn't proud of this movie, but still, I didn't like that it all just ended up being an ego boost for Leonard. 

Penny never succeeded community college, she dislikes her new job, she got cheated on, she didn't even have her own set of friends(the ones who watched football with her ? what happened to them ? )-Amy and Bernadette came much later.  Leonard still has all his friends and he has a career he loves. Why can't Penny have the same things ? How can you say Leonard got nothing ? I think Penny has lost/given up a lot more than him. 

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 7

21 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

Sorry, but no . I used to relate the most to Penny and she is my favorite of the girls , but I just didn't like it in 10.06.  I thought the convention would  end up being about Penny. Obviously she wasn't proud of this movie, but still, I didn't like that it all just ended up being an ego boost for Leonard. 

Penny never succeeded community college, she dislikes her new job, she got cheated on, she didn't even have her own set of friends(the ones who watched football with her ? what happened to them ? )-Amy and Bernadette came much later.  Leonard still has all his friends and he has a career he loves. Why can't Penny have the same things ? How can you say Leonard got nothing ? I think Penny has lost/given up a lot more than him. 

I love this post so much! Yes Penny needs a win! 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, boys3allc said:

I love this post so much! Yes Penny needs a win! 

I was really hoping we were going to see Penny get something to make her feel good about doing that movie and maybe her trying acting again, but this was a disappointment, I felt bad for her character.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

Penny never succeeded community college, she dislikes her new job, she got cheated on, she didn't even have her own set of friends(the ones who watched football with her ? what happened to them ? )-Amy and Bernadette came much later.  Leonard still has all his friends and he haa career he loves. Why ca

n you say Leonard got nothing ? I think Penny has lost/given up a lot more than him. 

but remember : on the night they got engaged Penny said that what she really wanted above all was him. She got him and she's happy with him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, serena_1995 said:

Just a little correction:

Penny never succeeded community college, she dislikes her new job, she didn't even have her own set of friends(the ones who watched football with her ?

She did NOT get cheated on. A drunken single kiss with another drunken person is NOT cheating.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

Just a little correction:

Penny never succeeded community college, she dislikes her new job, she didn't even have her own set of friends(the ones who watched football with her ?

She did NOT get cheated on. A drunken single kiss with another drunken person is NOT cheating.

There are some people who would disagree.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

Lenny's relationship happened because of Leonard. He worked very hard to get her. While this episode may not have showed it well he loves her for her not based on how she looks. This episode may be stereotypical it shows Leonard not getting the short end of the stick or for one of the few times getting an ego boost. And that doesn't happen a lot in their relationship.

i sympathize with Penny on the cheating. But in regards to the acting, community college, and her job her not succeeding was based on laziness more than anything else. She had the girls write her paper, expecited her own movie or tv career even after all the years it didn't happened. Even in season six she told the girls Leonard's job was to make her happy and her to let him. It seems to me her life now is based on earlier bad decisions. As to what has Penny given up for him? I don't know. At this point after that has happened to her before life seems to have to turned out pretty well overall.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, serena_1995 said:

100% agree with this!! (except for cheating, but that doesn't really matter )

I know it's a comedy, but if I stop for a moment and try to think of all of them in a more realistic way, I feel so bad for Penny, because I think she has the worst life of all 6 of them. The guys and Bernie and Amy have their dream jobs and a better social life that they could ever hope for. 

But Penny has a job she doesn't like, friends who she loves but DOESN'T have a lot in common with (both the guys AND the girls ), and just in general aside from her teaching Sheldon about the Kardashians and Leonard saying she watched The Bachelor a lot, I don't remember any mentions last season of the things SHE used to care about

I would be so much happier if Penny instead of just being friends with the gang had other friends as well, the ones she can relate to, watch sports with, go to bars, discuss celebrities etc

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

100% agree with this!! (except for cheating, but that doesn't really matter )

I know it's a comedy, but if I stop for a moment and try to think of all of them in a more realistic way, I feel so bad for Penny, because I think she has the worst life of all 6 of them. The guys and Bernie and Amy have their dream jobs and a better social life that they could ever hope for. 

But Penny has a job she doesn't like, friends who she loves but DOESN'T have a lot in common with (both the guys AND the girls ), and just in general aside from her teaching Sheldon about the Kardashians and Leonard saying she watched The Bachelor a lot, I don't remember any mentions last season of the things SHE used to care about

I would be so much happier if Penny instead of just being friends with the gang had other friends as well, the ones she can relate to, watch sports with, go to bars, discuss celebrities etc

But how was her life before she met the guys. Kurt and Mike had cheated on her. More than a drunken kiss. She wasn't happen in the pilot episode. She seems to have been popular when she was younger but was she happy? The show did show her different interest, football as an example. But we're those interest that important. There was an episode back in season 6? about how all the passions each of them had. She was trying to find hers but never did. By the end if the episode she was fine with that. The football episode was season 3 without Bernie and Amy. I can may be see one episode with her hanging with other people but in the confines of the show I can't see much else.

• Like 3

I do like the idea of Penny having her own friends outside Bernie and Amy. The appeal of Penny was that other world. The Cheerleader type friends. Great she has grown. But be nice if she had that part of her life. I never meant to say Penny does not deserve appreciation. I was talking more technical screentime, Johnny/Leonard deserves more. And tbh I don't see how Leonard was stealing her attention. What from the nerds hitting on her, telling her she sucks at acting lol? Yeah great attention. I thought it was funny. But that is just me. Penny seems more happier now then she was back in the early days when she was very popular. Episode back when she hosted a Geology party with Amy, and Burt e.t.c. Really showed how far she has changed, and how she is not the centre of attention anymore. But she has also gained so much in return. I Think balance is probably the term I am looking for. I mean it is unrealistic to expect Penny to be like early years Penny. They keep saying Leonard wore her down, because its true. He truley did. And I dont mean that in a negative connatation in mind. Its just she had to be worn down, to embrace her reality with Leonard. She always wanted this strong, rich guy too look after her. But ironically it was staring herin the face. I don't know if Penny gave up alot. But she did give up her dreams, but thats not Leonards fault. They were always pipedreams. Generally I Think young, fun, sexy Penny has returned. But need to see a passion of her. She was like Rachel Green. But her passion has not translated into a proper career. Like Rachel did. Might be to late now though.

I mean she went from this

796299b1d58f7a3281aa0b.jpg

to this

the-big-bang-theory-dependence-6.jpg

Edited by 3ku11

2 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

I wouldn't say Penny has "given up" a lot. Did marrying Leonard cause her career to fail? Did Leonard get in her way of being an actress? Did Leonard make her do a job she doesn't like? No. She chose her life all by herself. 

She failed at acting because she's just not good enough or not lucky enough. She still hasn't find a career she's interested in. Those are not Leonard's faults, nor other people's. 

But other than that I agree. The writers need to portray Penny more than just a blonde who has no passion and no goals in life and does nothing other than being Sheldon's baby sitter. I like the Penny from the first three seasons. She was ambitious and optimistic back then. She was the girl who sings Out Tonight walking stairs, the girl who can barely memorize the menu from the cheese cake factory but can do a Blanche beautifully because acting is her passion. I thought she was gonna be another Rachel Green back then.

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I do like the idea of Penny having her own friends outside Bernie and Amy. The appeal of Penny was that other world. The Cheerleader type friends. Great she has grown. But be nice if she had that part of her life. I never meant to say Penny does not deserve appreciation. I was talking more technical screentime, Johnny/Leonard deserves more. And tbh I don't see how Leonard was stealing her attention. What from the nerds hitting on her, telling her she sucks at acting lol? Yeah great attention. I thought it was funny. But that is just me. Penny seems more happier now then she was back in the early days when she was very popular. Episode back when she hosted a Geology party with Amy, and Burt e.t.c. Really showed how far she has changed, and how she is not the centre of attention anymore. But she has also gained so much in return. I Think balance is probably the term I am looking for. I mean she went from this

796299b1d58f7a3281aa0b.jpg

to this

the-big-bang-theory-dependence-6.jpg

Well i admit, i was foolish to think penny was going to get a big break in acting because of that embarrassing  movie but i'm also tired of Penny being treated as just the "hot girl". She is more than that. It is season 10 now , but the writers keep repeating that. They also repeated that in the episode you are talking about.Basically, why repeating the same jokes again ? They finally do a Lenny focused plot and it just wasn't anything original IMO.

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 1

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic