Jump to content

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10


Tensor

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

But we don't have to worry, there is still plenty of time for them to come up with something for Lenny, we have 2/3 of the season left.    We could get  them behind the island.  Penny talking to and explaining life to Sheldon, after Amy fails.  Penny not talking to her husband, just hides his things, because, she has Sheldon to talk to.

  I know, have them go out to dinner, have some guy hit on Penny, she shows him her ring and the guy questions how she can be with Leonard.  She just shrugs and says "He wore me down".    

Yeah, it would be amazing to have Lenny behind the kitchen island, don't think I've ever seen that before. :icon_cheesygrin:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, @RJ1013, for a lovely detailed TR as well as venturing into the wilds of the United States of Spoiler to tell us about the previous episode! I hope you had a lovely time.

Welp, this episode sounds like one to skip without a backwards glance. If 10X04 - 10x08 represented what some writers likely wanted the back half of Season Nine to look like, this one sounds like a dusty Season Six/Seven script that someone found stuffed into a folder marked 'Use In The Event of St Patrick's Day Hangover', did a hasty Ctrl-f, Ctrl-r and then bunked off for the rest of the day.

Sheldon is jealous of another person's success: Check. And dear Lord, how often can the show have Sheldon be shown up by another scientist (or a geologist hardehar) without us wondering '....he's supposed to be successful, right?'*

Sheldon is a twat about said jealousy/insecurity: Check.

Sheldon brags about having a girlfriend: Check.

Sheldon defends Amy's honour (I guess? Or defends his areas of superiority?): Check.

Howard's plot sounds like a throwback to even longer ago.

And the other characters..........are also there, I guess.

On the upside, I do enjoy Sheldon's 'Why? Why? WHY?....Oh, that's why.', with Amy's dry 'That's what you said during sex.' HA! And a very neat reminder that knowledge==carnal enjoyment for these two. I wish that line had actually been in Opening Night, but whatever. Clearly this season has decided that Sheldon Wants Amy, No Take-Backsies. Good for them.

*Well, I suppose the guidance system plot's there to reassure us.**

**If we can keep our eyes open for long enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

. If 10X04 - 10x08 represented what some writers likely wanted the back half of Season Nine to look like, this one sounds like a dusty Season Six/Seven script that someone found stuffed into a folder marked 'Use In The Event of St Patrick's Day Hangover', did a hasty Ctrl-f, Ctrl-r and then bunked off for the rest of the day.

Don't leave us hanging like that! It's time for the next episode of "What the heck is going on in the writer's room!?"

48 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

On the upside, I do enjoy Sheldon's 'Why? Why? WHY?....Oh, that's why.', with Amy's dry 'That's what you said during sex.' HA! And a very neat reminder that knowledge==carnal enjoyment for these two. I wish that line had actually been in Opening Night, but whatever. Clearly this season has decided that Sheldon Wants Amy, No Take-Backsies. Good for them.

I love that as well. Idk though how that would have worked in 9x11 without becoming too voyeuristic for the show. This isn't HBO! LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh and also, I saw the sneak peek for 'The Veracity Elasticity' and it just may be my second-favourite thing this season - edged out by the ShAmy science fight (with Lenny in the peanut gallery).

Shelnard Klingon? PAmy seamlessly switching to a different invented language? Which, it turns out, is the third Amy invented language so far?

Oh man. Oh man oh man oh man. However irritated the Amy lying makes me, that entire sequence gives me such a case of the Foolish Grins.

Edited by wowbagger
ETA: Apparently Amy didn't invent this one (thanks, @mirs!) Still charming as hell, though.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Oh and also, I saw the sneak peek for 'The Veracity Elasticity' and it just may be my second-favourite thing this season - edged out by the ShAmy science fight (with Lenny in the peanut gallery).

Shelnard Klingon? PAmy seamlessly switching to a different invented language? Which, it turns out, is the third Amy invented language so far?

Oh man. Oh man oh man oh man. However irritated the Amy lying makes me, that entire sequence gives me such a case of the Foolish Grins.

I don't want to harsh your buzz, but probably it's not something Amy invented, it could be this one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubbi_dubbi

if I understood correctly how Amy called it....But it's still adorable, IMHO!

Edited by mirs1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Oh and also, I saw the sneak peek for 'The Veracity Elasticity' and it just may be my second-favourite thing this season - edged out by the ShAmy science fight (with Lenny in the peanut gallery).

Shelnard Klingon? PAmy seamlessly switching to a different invented language? Which, it turns out, is the third Amy invented language so far?

Oh man. Oh man oh man oh man. However irritated the Amy lying makes me, that entire sequence gives me such a case of the Foolish Grins.

lol I was waiting to read your response to that clip. :icon_cheesygrin:

The possibilities that PAmy could have with that secret language (well make it secret so Sheldon or Leonard don't ever know about it lol). I hope they explore it some more one day lol

Edited by Jonny
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't want to harsh your buzz, but probably it's not something Amy invented, it could be this one
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubbi_dubbi
if I understood correctly how Amy called it....But it's still adorable, IMHO!

Yes.. it's a real thing! I mentioned in the other thread that I used to speak it at school so I was like, 'I don't need the subtitles! I understand!' when I saw the clip! We used three similar ones at school, it's similar to something like Pig Latin I believe...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Jonny said:

lol I was waiting to read your response to that clip. :icon_cheesygrin:

The possibilities that PAmy could have with that secret language (well make it secret so Sheldon or Leonard don't ever know about it lol). I hope they explore it some more one day lol

I am an unabashed PAmy friend'shipper. And this season? Oh, this season has invited me to roll up a twenty and snort line after line of some of the very finest uncut PAmy on the market.* I thought the show had forgotten how to make it, but apparently they've sorted out their supply chain management...

*Although maybe not in the latest TR? Ah well.

Edited by wowbagger
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Yeah, but all Penny's pictures are gone from the fridge in 4B (Pictures 12 and 13).  The dream picture of Leonard and Penny, as they slide down the elevator cables is now on the 4A fridge.  (picture 20)

I love those little details from the set designers! <3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mirs1 said:

That is the flag of the apartment, it makes sense it stays in the apartment; maybe Sheldon can create a new flag for 4B...

That is an option for Sheldon and he will likely do that.  But Leonard and Penny have no need for it and have never had any interest in flags, so why is it still there?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

That is an option for Sheldon and he will likely do that.  But Leonard and Penny have no need for it and have never had any interest in flags, so why is it still there?

IDK, maybe the flag has a sentimental value for Leonard, he has lived there with Sheldon for more than 10 years, or maybe Lenny wanted to indulge  Sheldon's desire the flag remained there, a small price to let him go. Most likely, though, another reminder by the set designers that Sheldon will hang out in 4A pretty often...

Edited by mirs1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Sometimes i wish kayle or johnny or both don't come back for next season if there is one. That way i would have a reason to stop watching and not have to keep tuning in just to see them behind the island
 

Yeah, sometimes....I know...:icon_neutral:

c_0065.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Perhaps they need to go to IKEA and get a mobile kitchen island? I am joking but I am starting to see why people have been having such a major issue with it now. It's not like they are eating at it all the time either.

They can even buy a kitchen island costume, if such a thing exists. Something similar to this:

15a34cc023d9902e2c5dd49926c08d0f.jpg

And they'd carry it around like Raj did with the Aquaman costume.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

IDK, maybe the flag has a sentimental value for Leonard, he has lived there with Sheldon for more than 10 years, or maybe Lenny wanted to indulge  Sheldon's desire the flag remained there, a small price to let him go. Most likely, though, another reminder by the set designers that Sheldon will hang out in 4A pretty often...

Agree. Sheldon may be living with Amy in 4B but I believe there will be always things that belong to or remind Sheldon in 4A. Like his spot and the flag's apartment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't get the fuss about the kitchen island. Some people pretend this is all what Leonard and Penny are doing, but that's simply made up and not true at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Agree. Sheldon may be living with Amy in 4B but I believe there will be always things that belong to or remind Sheldon in 4A. Like his spot and the flag's apartment. 

Obviously they've done it this way to keep 4A the centre of the show.  Most of Sheldon's stuff is still in 4A, so he's got a ready made excuse to go in whenever he feels like it.  And any work he does at home, will mostly likely be done there as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.