Tensor

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I also feel uneasy about Sheldon giving 4A up so easily. Seeing it is Sheldon, who knows if he wakes up and changes his mind. As for Amy's motives, I don't think the place is the problem. I feel she would live in a rubbish bin, if it meant still living with Sheldon haha. 

IDK.  I agree Amy would live anywhere just to be with Sheldon, even a biodome in the middle of nowhere eating crops fertilized by their own waste; even Mars.

As Sheldon associates 4A with possessiveness and his own selfishness, I can see him wanting to give it up for Amy.  Can you imagine  them living in 4A and watching Amy make changes to an environment he has had work for him for over a decade?  He'd make her life miserable freaking out about it.

4B has become his home with Amy, a place where they have equal say and share on decorating, etc.  To move back to 4A with Amy means having to start over again in creating the homeostasis he has had over a month to get used to.

As Sheldon has officially changed residences, 4A is Lenny's now to do what they want, with the exclusion of Sheldon's room, of course.

Edited by jenafan

3 hours ago, Tensor said:

No need to forgive, when you speak the truth. Someone also has to care to be upset enough to forgive. With more screen time for Shamy than Lenny, And Pamy being better written than Lenny, I'm Not sure if I care enough about Lenny,  at this time, to even bother to get upset. 

I'm with you Tensor, The writers have almost stripped off the affection I had for Lenny. Now I'm watching this show out of habit. I no longer feel the excitement of waiting for the next episode and I barely skim over TRs. I'm wondering how long I can keep this low level of interest up without heading for the hills.

26 minutes ago, ajond said:

I'm with you Tensor, The writers have almost stripped off the affection I had for Lenny. Now I'm watching this show out of habit. I no longer feel the excitement of waiting for the next episode and I barely skim over TRs. I'm wondering how long I can keep this low level of interest up without heading for the hills.

The show in general for the last 2-3 years is IMO written for female viewers. The heterosexual male viewer who likes Lenny there not interested in.

I too am losing interest in Lenny, Leonard is still the same character he was 10 seasons ago, he still has no self esteem, still is Sheldon's minion, is overshadowed by Sheldon at every turn, even though he has had greater success in his work than Sheldon, and is still belittling himself because he married Penny and she is too 'hot' for him.  

10 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

The show in general for the last 2-3 years is IMO written for female viewers. The heterosexual male viewer who likes Lenny there not interested in.

(gasps) My God, you're right! The one remaining work of fiction that poor, oppressed, underserved heterosexual men could consume in safety, and it... it..... it's gone! Whatever will they do now? Wherever can they go?

In all seriousness, you know I agree that the writing of Lenny has had huge problems for a while now. But wherefore the persecution complex?

(I'm assuming you are a heterosexual male, by the way. If I'm wrong, I apologise in advance).

I don't think there's anything wrong with the way Lenny has been written lately. Why would I? They've had so many great scenes already, but nobody seems to be focusing on the positive things.

Also let me just say that the constant comparisons between the characters' screen time is ridiculous. Just because one character has more screen time, doesn't mean it's actually quality material. For example, the dancing scenes in 10.04 amused me a lot more than the rest of the episode and I'm okay with that.

1 hour ago, FileXxX said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with the way Lenny has been written lately. Why would I? They've had so many great scenes already, but nobody seems to be focusing on the positive things.

Also let me just say that the constant comparisons between the characters' screen time is ridiculous. Just because one character has more screen time, doesn't mean it's actually quality material. For example, the dancing scenes in 10.04 amused me a lot more than the rest of the episode and I'm okay with that.

I think many would prefer " great stories" instead of so many "great scenes".

I don't know Sheldon lived at 4A for years. I accept people's premise about 4B. But I just don't think Sheldon is willing to let go of 4A that easily, does not seem beleivable to me. But that is just me. And i think the writing of Lenny is great, when they get time to do it. I think the writers have shown they clearly suck at writing Lenny as a married couple. But at times they have shown the pitfalls of being a young married couple. So I don't think the writing is neccessarily the main issue for me with Lenny, it is the lack of quantity and quality to their scenes. Sheldon and Amy have had all these in depth plots, and time spent to them navigating living together. Lenny what do they do with their space? They have a dance off lol. So I Think its the lack of screen time Lenny get. And i think part of that is the show seem to be struggling to accomodate all these characters. The reason Lenny are prob not where they were in Season 6 even. Is probably because they developed them so much that season, I guess also the show is struggling to accomodate everyone. So Lenny get lost in all the noise. But that is jmo. 

ETA: Based on tonights episode, seems I am right. Sheldon is conflicted between his old life at 4A, and his new life with Amy. He even freaked out about it. So I am not sure it is going to be smooth sailing for Shamy living together. I think eventually Sheldon well move forward. But their maybe be some teething issues. With Sheldon freaking out, and wanting 4A back. 

Edited by 3ku11

22 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I don't think the example in 10x04 has anything to do with this episode. It is like shifting the goal posts lol, sorry it is. Neither are mutually exclusive imo. 

I don't know why you're saying I'm moving the goal posts. The point of my post was: Sheldon prefers Leonard's Star Trek talk to Amy's science talk, no one bats an eye. Sheldon gets cheered up by Penny's talk and not Amy's, it somehow gets escalated to Penny being able to ~explain life~ to Sheldon while Amy apparently can't. I'm just baffled by the way Shenny scenes are interpreted around here.

22 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Penny explaining life to Sheldon, something Amy has prooven she is incapable of (Sorry Cannon backs this up). Pretty much has no relevance, to Amy's science talk in 10x04. It's real life talk she is incapable of getting through to Sheldon, but that is jmo.

According to canon Amy has been able to teach Sheldon empathy, convince him to be more polite to Penny and apologise to her when she invited him to her play, convince him to apologise to Howard during Thanksgiving, etc., so no, canon doesn't back up your claim.

If Sheldon isn't coming back, I can see that Penny wants to feel at home in their bedroom. Why didn't she use anything from her old apartment since that was her stuff?

Leonard shouldn't be too shocked since Stephanie did that to him years ago.

Any thoughts?

3 minutes ago, bbtfan07 said:

If Sheldon isn't coming back, I can see that Penny wants to feel at home in their bedroom. Why didn't she use anything from her old apartment since that was her stuff?

Any thoughts?

If my husband told me to redecorate a bedroom, I would get all new sheets, matching curtains and pillows.  In fact, now that I think about it, my husband dislikes all the decorative pillows I got.  I don't think he has hidden any of them, though.

1 minute ago, Lady in Red said:

If my husband told me to redecorate a bedroom, I would get all new sheets, matching curtains and pillows.  In fact, now that I think about it, my husband dislikes all the decorative pillows I got.  I don't think he has hidden any of them, though.

Haha, but to be fair, I've never heard a guy say: "Oh, look at that nice pillow". :icon_biggrin:

9 minutes ago, bbtfan07 said:

Any thoughts?

Because when women want to decorate, they want all NEW stuff!  Not old crappy stuff (even when it's our own).  Plus it's an excuse to go shopping!  

You better count those pillows!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am going to go out on a limb here to say that I really enjoyed Lenny in tonight's episode.   (Me, ducking for cover.)

Penny has always been in control of their relationship.   She's never liked Leonard's collectibles, but she loves her Leonard.   Most women want a space in their home, or perhaps the entire home to look like a home and not a museum.  Kudos to Leonard for recognizing that and allowing Penny to feminize the place a bit without fighting it.

I do believe she went overboard to the point of removing Batman off his keychain and his Spider-Man off his desk, but it's up to Leonard to confront her about it if it really is an issue for him.

Leonard's gesture with the pink power ranger and Penny telling him where she wanted to put it cracked me up.   It was so Leonard and Penny.   Leonard hides money from Penny, Penny hides his collectibles.    Seems like the push and pull of a real marriage to me.

To me, Lenny are acting totally IC within their marriage, and I'm so excited that they are officially living on their own now.   I applauded Leonard for barging into Shamy's apartment without knocking at the end.

I enjoyed seeing Penny defending Amy's stance on wanting to continue living with Sheldon because she loves him without some crude remark or joke about their relationship.

Edited by jenafan

1 minute ago, jenafan said:

I do believe she went overboard to the point of removing batman off his keychain and his Spider-Man off his desk, but it's up to Leonard to confront her about it if it really is an issue for him.

Exactly. It didn't really bother him that much and, as he said, he wants her to feel home. 

11 minutes ago, Lady in Red said:

Better go check!!!