The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

13 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

It seems to me this show was a back up plan in case the show ends this May. Kind of like Rachel/Ross got together on Friends. If the show was going to be cancelled supposedly they were going to have them get married. This episode has that feel. I don't buy a season 11 is gonna have Lenny in 4a and Shamy in 4b. I really don't buy Sheldon willing to live somewhere else.

On a side note where was the lease changed in regards to Sheldon? Are Lenny solely on the 4a lease? Who's on the 4b lease? If Leonard is moving stuff in the tag in 4b it must be Penny.

The show is a sit-com, I don't think the writers are gonna bother with lease contracts. But that's just my opinion. 

• Like 6

We already had a scene about changing contracts last year. This one would play out much the same, with reversed roles. Probably too repetitive.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

The show is a sit-com, I don't think the writers are gonna bother with lease contracts. But that's just my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, April said:

We already had a scene about changing contracts last year. This one would play out much the same, with reversed roles. Probably too repetitive.

How many times had the RA been brought up?  And what was the contract last year? I do understand the show is a comedy but they are three apartments and now they are living only in 2? And Sheldon so easily agreed to a smaller apartment and Amy is still paying on hers.

If it were real life, I guess the solution might be for Amy to breach her lease paying a penalty or loosing her deposit, I think she can easily afford that. I'm not an American, so I'm unfamiliar with your rent regulations, but I watch enough Judge Judy to know that's possible, LOL! Since it's a comedy, I assume they will spare us the technicalities.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4

I would expect she would have to pay some months notice, but maybe not there are different types of rental contracts out there.

Like @mirs1 said I suspect they won't get into the specifics of that as it's a sitcom. Maybe they put in a line if we get an episode with Amy starting to move some of her stuff into 4B? Like Penny asks her how moving her stuff is going and Amy says well I have paid my 2 months notice on my rent and took out a storage unit for some of my stuff for example. It wouldn't be difficult to do.

I can't wait to see how they decorate 4B, will it be a mixture of their stuff? Will Shamy buy new stuff? So many possibilities to explore. Will it happen this season or will they not make major changes until we see if we get a Season 11?

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I would expect she would have to pay some months notice, but maybe not there are different types of rental contracts out there.

Like @mirs1 said I suspect they won't get into the specifics of that as it's a sitcom. Maybe they put in a line if we get an episode with Amy starting to move some of her stuff into 4B? Like Penny asks her how moving her stuff is going and Amy says well I have paid my 2 months notice on my rent and took out a storage unit for some of my stuff for example. It wouldn't be difficult to do.

I can't wait to see how they decorate 4B, will it be a mixture of their stuff? Will Shamy buy new stuff? So many possibilities to explore. Will it happen this season or will they not make major changes until we see if we get a Season 11?

I don't think the writers will even bother to explain us what happened with her stuff; they didn't do that when Howardette moved into Mrs. Wolowitz's home. I think their main issue as writers and set decorators is that the fans can recognize here and there in the sets some meaningful objects, like, in Howardette's case, their action figures or pictures of their wedding. That will be the case for Shamy, for me. I mean, I'm curious if Amy's blanket appears at some point on Penny's couch, or if the train Sheldon gave her can find a room somewhere,  but frankly I am not very curious to know where her shelves are.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, luminous said:

I have rewatched the episode for fourth time and the dungeon scene is one of my favourite! Laughed loud everytime I saw it! Brilliant episode! :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

Don't think leases are the writers concern. But the bigger picture could be if this is the final season or even if there is a season, 11 is that

by keeping Penny and Leonard in 4A  maybe they convert it into a nursery.  Food for thought

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, luminous said:

For some strange reason I find it hard to see Leonard in this picture :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mario D. said:

Don't think leases are the writers concern. But the bigger picture could be if this is the final season or even if there is a season, 11 is that

by keeping Penny and Leonard in 4A  maybe they convert it into a nursery.  Food for thought

Maybe not but Shamy in 4b and Lenny in 4a makes the show IMO predictable and boring. This isn't I Love Lucy. In regards for the second bedroom a nursery I still see maybe Penny giving birth in the finale. I don't think they would have two babies on the show especially since 4a is so prominent in the show.

4 hours ago, Chrismo said:

Maybe not but Shamy in 4b and Lenny in 4a makes the show IMO predictable and boring. This isn't I Love Lucy. In regards for the second bedroom a nursery I still see maybe Penny giving birth in the finale. I don't think they would have two babies on the show especially since 4a is so prominent in the show.

Man i usually agree with you. But I don't know about that. To me predictable and boring, is expected. What everyone saw coming. I don't know about you, but everyone expected Lenny to go to 4B. Shamy deciding to live in 4B. Eat at 4B, sleep their. I don't know about anyone else. But that was unpredictable. Lenny getting 4A I did not see coming. I mean what is the alternative? Lenny stay with Sheldon in 4A? That has been happening for years now. So that seems more predictable and boring. So whether or not this show is I Love Lucy either way, the show right now is far unpredictable and exicitng then it has been the past 3 years. 

ETA: I have no problem with Penny storaging Leonards stuff. She still loves him for who he is. It is just their married now. And that is what married couples do. The wife hiding your crap. Did Penny once say, I don't like this stuff, I don't like who you are? Nope. So don't get that gripe tbh. Coming from a Lenny fan i loved it. They are not friends anymore, they are not casually dating like in S3. Some can interpret it as Penny not letting Leonard be himself. I see it as just real life. I mean Leonard did hide Penny's stuff too. My point is, its not simple anymore. They cannot simply write Penny like they did in S3. I don't think she is suddenly Priya. Because she decided to strorage Leonard's stuff. I just think the writing shifted, so they could depict a realistic married couple. And they have always been good at writing Lenny realistically. They have probably been the most realistically written couple on tv over the past decade. I mean this whole well the real Penny stand up, she has. All season IMO. Marrage imo is all about compromise, and sacrifice. I think this is what the show was trying to show with Lenny in this episode. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1

Okay so as a Shamy shipper I loved the episode! However I was left with some questions about Lenny... 
Okay so remember Dr.Stephanie and how Penny told Leonard that he had a right to be himself? That love was not laying down and letting someone walk all over you? That's what made me like Penny. The fact that she was' t THAT girl. She was cool with the nerd stuff, even if she didn't 100% understand it.
Flash forward and now Penny is 100% THAT girl. She has no spark. She wants to dampen Leonards spark. I mean she KNEW what he was all about. Yet she is hiding his things? Turning his bedroom into one my ten year old niece would find over the top.
Let Leonard be Leonard and for the love of god, Discover who Penny really is because this new Penny I'm not a fan of. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, boys3allc said:

Okay so as a Shamy shipper I loved the episode! However I was left with some questions about Lenny... 
Okay so remember Dr.Stephanie and how Penny told Leonard that he had a right to be himself? That love was not laying down and letting someone walk all over you? That's what made me like Penny. The fact that she was' t THAT girl. She was cool with the nerd stuff, even if she didn't 100% understand it.
Flash forward and now Penny is 100% THAT girl. She has no spark. She wants to dampen Leonards spark. I mean she KNEW what he was all about. Yet she is hiding his things? Turning his bedroom into one my ten year old niece would find over the top.
Let Leonard be Leonard and for the love of god, Discover who Penny really is because this new Penny I'm not a fan of. 

Yeah, that bothered me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Man i usually agree with you. But I don't know about that. To me predictable and boring, is expected. What everyone saw coming. I don't know about you, but everyone expected Lenny to go to 4B. Shamy deciding to live in 4B. Eat at 4B, sleep their. I don't know about anyone else. But that was unpredictable. Lenny getting 4A I did not see coming. I mean what is the alternative? Lenny stay with Sheldon in 4A? That has been happening for years now. So that seems more predictable and boring. So whether or not this show is I Love Lucy either way, the show right now is far unpredictable and exicitng then it has been the past 3 years. 

ETA: I have no problem with Penny storaging Leonards stuff. She still loves him for who he is. It is just their married now. And that is what married couples do. The wife hiding your crap. Did Penny once say, I don't like this stuff, I don't like who you are? Nope. So don't get that gripe tbh. Coming from a Lenny fan i loved it. They are not friends anymore, they are not casually dating like in S3. Some can interpret it as Penny not letting Leonard be himself. I see it as just real life. I mean Leonard did hide Penny's stuff too. My point is, its not simple anymore. They cannot simply write Penny like they did in S3. I don't think she is suddenly Priya. Because she decided to strorage Leonard's stuff. I just think the writing shifted, so they could depict a realistic married couple. And they have always been good at writing Lenny realistically. They have probably been the most realistically written couple on tv over the past decade. I mean this whole well the real Penny stand up, she has. All season IMO. Marrage imo is all about compromise, and sacrifice. I think this is what the show was trying to show with Lenny in this episode. 

My point about the predictability is them living across the hall from one another not the whose in 4a or 4b. In either case the show has become too much about living arrangements. To me it's boring..

i agree with you in regards to Penny storing stuff although I think it's more about being funny than being realistic. Since they are living in Leonard's old bedroom you can't expect Penny to live in it as is. Is not most of her stuff still in 4b? They have been living together awhile and I hadn't notices any real changes to the bedroom.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chrismo said:

My point about the predictability is them living across the hall from one another not the whose in 4a or 4b. In either case the show has become too much about living arrangements. To me it's boring..

i agree with you in regards to Penny storing stuff although I think it's more about being funny than being realistic. Since they are living in Leonard's old bedroom you can't expect Penny to live in it as is. Is not most of her stuff still in 4b? They have been living together awhile and I hadn't notices any real changes to the bedroom.

Oh don't get me wrong I agree with you. If the whole season is about living arrangements. Particularly Shamy navigating living together, I may tune out. My point was regarding the living arrangements. Was regardless. It was always going to happen. IMO since Season 6 The Spoiler Alert Segmentation. Three years down the track, well four years as it was. It was inevitable, that Shamy or Lenny would live in 4A/4B. Or vice versa. So it being predictable, was always going to happen. But for what its worth. Lenny staying at 4A, and Shamy in 4B. Seeing this was a inevitability, is a better outcome. Seeing it was like avoiding the unavoidable. In a way it is alot more interesting, then just the predictable Lenny 4B. And Amy moves into Leonard's room. That way Lenny get to stay in 4A, being a married couple, they need the space. And they can turn Leonard's room into their own. Then Shamy can have a smaller Apt, but one big enough for their relationship. It's baby steps, with Shamy. Considering it's size of growth. I agree, that it is funny the Penny storaging Leonard's stuff.

But it is also realistic. As wifes do that from what I have seen from posters here, I am not married lol, so I woulden't know, never been married, I am a single 28 guy. Not really fair Leonard get's to have all his crap, and Penny nothing. So I think its a fair trade. Lenny come to an arrangement to have some of her stuff, and Leonard some of his stuff. I hope not every episode. Is Amy lieing or deceiving Sheldon, his friends (Leonard). Blurts it out to him. We as an audience, see if Sheldon well cope, or freak out. But his emotional maturity well kick in, and he well decide to stay with Amy. Or Sheldon learns an existensial lesson, because he has evolved so much! I want the show to be an ensemble. Like it was in this episode. But some different plots. Woulden't mind the guys just playing Halo for a whole episode lol. 

Edited by 3ku11

8 hours ago, wowbagger said:

just finished watching the episode. And....well. I'm sorry, Squee Gun, but leave looks to be cancelled indefinitely.

let's get the kvetching out of the way, while the Squee Gun catches its breath: Amy lying. Penny lying. Deeply silly, in Howard's excellent idiom. Entirely pointless. And the show clearly knew it, trying (and damn near succeeding) to distract us with PAmy/Shelnard Secret Language Battle Of The Sexes Mirroring. And Amy's eye-poppingly inept lying, with Penny toying with her lazily until even she was embarrassed enough at Amy's flop-sweat to put her out of her misery - and not a moment too soon, as Doctor Fowler bitterly told her. I love those two so much.

but in general, I think, everybody was on song tonight. Howard and Raj made a wonderful addition to the Fun With Flags roster, with their precise blend of Class Clown and Into It Despite Themselves. And gotta love the eternal grouse of the struggling musician: 'we don't get paid? Not even a sandwich?' (as Amy firmly closes the door on them). I have missed Howard's cheeky evil, and how I cackled at his instructing Sheldon in the technique of information deployment to cause maximum devastation. And Raj is the most likeable I remember in a while, Eeyoring about his 'eating cake on the toilet' loneliness on the one hand, but rejoicing in his freedom from couples-related strife to get on with his takeaway meal.

Leonard, too, was the most likeable I have seen in a good long while. I have missed the signs of felt and lived tenderness between Sheldon and Leonard, and I enjoyed his crumbling in the face of Sheldon's obvious bewilderment and hurt to reassure him. And -well, I have sung the praises of the Shelnard/PAmy secret language interlude before, so let me just say that Galecki's physical comedy was on POINT when he snatched his glasses off his nose and muttered incredulously 'I'm going blind' as Sheldon pointed out that his Spiderman action figure was missing from his desk.

And ha! To Sheldon's remarkably chipper 'Venus in Furs' fantasy sequence for Lenny. Ha! Again to Leonard's horror at Penny's Pepto Bismol Explosion-ification of his room. Is it a leetle irritatingly gendered? Hmmm, maybe, but completely worth it for Leonard bustling into 4b with Penny's stuff under his arm. A welcome reminder that, ahem, Leonard too might find certain things about living with penny a bit much, as much as he loves her.

Which brings me to Shamy. The scene in the hallway is (correctly) getting a great deal of love in the Shamy thread, so perhaps what I am about to say belongs better there, but: That scene was, in microcosm, everything that drew me to the couple.

you see, I have never responded to romances where the token of love is sacrifice or endurance or danger. Perhaps because I love my comforts, spiritual and material, I have always been left stone cold by love stories which are based almost entirely on the obstacles faced by a couple, and/or what they must overcome to be together. Now and forever, i don't see any point in the struggle unless i have been shown why the pair would WANT to suffer and endure in the first place. I want to know what draws a pair together, what they enjoy about each other and what makes them better. Then, by all means, put obstacles in their way that i may will the thorns to be plucked from their path.

why am i saying all this? Well, for a long time i felt that the Shamy had fallen into the trap of being defined by their obstacles rather than by any kinship. Love, we were implicitly told, could be deduced by the patience of one, and by the other's heroic struggles with himself to make himself worthy of such patience. There was precious little of what worth or joy there was in the relationship to merit such struggle.

but it was not always thus. I fell for the shamy not because Amy made want Sheldon to be a better man. I fell for them because they were two jagged puzzle pieces who didn't realise they could or would want to fit with anyone else. I fell for them because they were riotously, deliriously in love with each others strange, beautiful minds. They didn't have to make an effort to respect or understand or like each other. These things came naturally to them, like breathing.

then came season six and seven, and somebody decided that the only way to write a romantic relationship was to set a couple at odds with each other. And all that instinctive affinity vanished, to be replaced with anxiety, vexation and a sort of clenched - teeth patience.

season eight, after a drought, restored some of the instinctive understanding. It gave me one of my absolute favourite shamy moments: The moment where Sheldon mentions his argument with Leonard over whether werewolves can swim, and Amy us staring at him with a frown in her eyes. Her '...hold on....' made me happier, by far, than the declarations of love that season. Because Amy wasn't being forbearing, or patient, or demanding, or anything. She wasn't exerting herself. She was just being herself. And letting the audience realise (without underlining or semaphoring) that this off-kilter analysis is exactly why these two people are right for each other.

And the moment in the hallway where Sheldon is caught between two doors is another perfect example. Sheldon throws out the name of a philosophical conundrum. Amy says 'ah' and leaves him to get on with it. There is no implication that Amy is being saintly or forbearing here. She literally understands his dilemma and is leaving him to get on with it - while also giving him a massive aubergine while he does so. The two then get into a discussion about the history of philosophers, and Amy walks away after throwing out an apercu - again with no implication that she is managing him, or doing anything but walking away while leaving room for a conversation to develop. No saintliness, no restraint, no striving with herself. Just Amy and Sheldon being themselves, and showing (not telling) the viewing audience that that is all they ever needed.

Wowbagger, you made my day.  Really.  I appreciate your analysis.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wowbagger said:

just finished watching the episode. And....well. I'm sorry, Squee Gun, but leave looks to be cancelled indefinitely.

let's get the kvetching out of the way, while the Squee Gun catches its breath: Amy lying. Penny lying. Deeply silly, in Howard's excellent idiom. Entirely pointless. And the show clearly knew it, trying (and damn near succeeding) to distract us with PAmy/Shelnard Secret Language Battle Of The Sexes Mirroring. And Amy's eye-poppingly inept lying, with Penny toying with her lazily until even she was embarrassed enough at Amy's flop-sweat to put her out of her misery - and not a moment too soon, as Doctor Fowler bitterly told her. I love those two so much.

but in general, I think, everybody was on song tonight. Howard and Raj made a wonderful addition to the Fun With Flags roster, with their precise blend of Class Clown and Into It Despite Themselves. And gotta love the eternal grouse of the struggling musician: 'we don't get paid? Not even a sandwich?' (as Amy firmly closes the door on them). I have missed Howard's cheeky evil, and how I cackled at his instructing Sheldon in the technique of information deployment to cause maximum devastation. And Raj is the most likeable I remember in a while, Eeyoring about his 'eating cake on the toilet' loneliness on the one hand, but rejoicing in his freedom from couples-related strife to get on with his takeaway meal.

Leonard, too, was the most likeable I have seen in a good long while. I have missed the signs of felt and lived tenderness between Sheldon and Leonard, and I enjoyed his crumbling in the face of Sheldon's obvious bewilderment and hurt to reassure him. And -well, I have sung the praises of the Shelnard/PAmy secret language interlude before, so let me just say that Galecki's physical comedy was on POINT when he snatched his glasses off his nose and muttered incredulously 'I'm going blind' as Sheldon pointed out that his Spiderman action figure was missing from his desk.

And ha! To Sheldon's remarkably chipper 'Venus in Furs' fantasy sequence for Lenny. Ha! Again to Leonard's horror at Penny's Pepto Bismol Explosion-ification of his room. Is it a leetle irritatingly gendered? Hmmm, maybe, but completely worth it for Leonard bustling into 4b with Penny's stuff under his arm. A welcome reminder that, ahem, Leonard too might find certain things about living with penny a bit much, as much as he loves her.

Which brings me to Shamy. The scene in the hallway is (correctly) getting a great deal of love in the Shamy thread, so perhaps what I am about to say belongs better there, but: That scene was, in microcosm, everything that drew me to the couple.

you see, I have never responded to romances where the token of love is sacrifice or endurance or danger. Perhaps because I love my comforts, spiritual and material, I have always been left stone cold by love stories which are based almost entirely on the obstacles faced by a couple, and/or what they must overcome to be together. Now and forever, i don't see any point in the struggle unless i have been shown why the pair would WANT to suffer and endure in the first place. I want to know what draws a pair together, what they enjoy about each other and what makes them better. Then, by all means, put obstacles in their way that i may will the thorns to be plucked from their path.

why am i saying all this? Well, for a long time i felt that the Shamy had fallen into the trap of being defined by their obstacles rather than by any kinship. Love, we were implicitly told, could be deduced by the patience of one, and by the other's heroic struggles with himself to make himself worthy of such patience. There was precious little of what worth or joy there was in the relationship to merit such struggle.

but it was not always thus. I fell for the shamy not because Amy made want Sheldon to be a better man. I fell for them because they were two jagged puzzle pieces who didn't realise they could or would want to fit with anyone else. I fell for them because they were riotously, deliriously in love with each others strange, beautiful minds. They didn't have to make an effort to respect or understand or like each other. These things came naturally to them, like breathing.

then came season six and seven, and somebody decided that the only way to write a romantic relationship was to set a couple at odds with each other. And all that instinctive affinity vanished, to be replaced with anxiety, vexation and a sort of clenched - teeth patience.

season eight, after a drought, restored some of the instinctive understanding. It gave me one of my absolute favourite shamy moments: The moment where Sheldon mentions his argument with Leonard over whether werewolves can swim, and Amy us staring at him with a frown in her eyes. Her '...hold on....' made me happier, by far, than the declarations of love that season. Because Amy wasn't being forbearing, or patient, or demanding, or anything. She wasn't exerting herself. She was just being herself. And letting the audience realise (without underlining or semaphoring) that this off-kilter analysis is exactly why these two people are right for each other.

And the moment in the hallway where Sheldon is caught between two doors is another perfect example. Sheldon throws out the name of a philosophical conundrum. Amy says 'ah' and leaves him to get on with it. There is no implication that Amy is being saintly or forbearing here. She literally understands his dilemma and is leaving him to get on with it - while also giving him a massive aubergine while he does so. The two then get into a discussion about the history of philosophers, and Amy walks away after throwing out an apercu - again with no implication that she is managing him, or doing anything but walking away while leaving room for a conversation to develop. No saintliness, no restraint, no striving with herself. Just Amy and Sheldon being themselves, and showing (not telling) the viewing audience that that is all they ever needed.

I was waiting for you analyse of this episode and as usual the waiting was worth. 

Your last quote resumed really imo why shamy relationship is so interisting and passionate of following. Their relationship is more a relationship  of minds than physical but as much they are synced intelectually more the physical side develops and the harmony for a complete bond is growing and as we have been watching for most recent episodes, it is going to be a healthy relationship  as much as they are happy together.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1

I think the writers have a plan for season 10.In case TBBT continue with other seasons(very possible) they have a plan B to continue the series

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Recently there are many articles that tell about renew for another season

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

And now for something completely different....

FB_IMG_1478361210145.jpg

Carry on.

Edited by JE7
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, JE7 said:

....Carry on.

Still quiet amazement and horror at the holy kitchen island. :shy:

04.gif

• Like 4