[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Tensor

4 hours ago, Tensor said:

Things that are not open to interpretation are things like the apartments shown on the fourth floor are 4A and 4B.  Sheldon and Leonard work at Cal Tech.  Howard is an Engineer, Bernadette has her PhD.   Whether or not a scene is dramatic is open to the interpretation of  the person watching the scene.  

No it's not. If it was good drama or bad is open to interpretation. And when I say drama, I mean it represented Sheldon having to make a decision and making it. Definition of drama. That's how a story is moved along, even if comedy is included.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigBang15 said:

No it's not. If it was good drama or bad is open to interpretation. And when I say drama, I mean it represented Sheldon having to make a decision and making it. Definition of drama. That's how a story is moved along, even if comedy is included.

I didn't say if the scene was open to interpretation, as the genre of drama.  I said if the scene is seen as dramatic is open to interpretation. 

5 hours ago, shamyyellow said:

I think there is a difference between perception and intention though. If a scene was written to be dramatic, that is a fact. If someone thinks they did it poorly and it lacked drama, that's an opinion.

How do you determine the intention, of the writer,  without actually getting the writer to tell you?  And, without the writer's intention, all you have is perception.  

I think. Saying that the hallway scene wasn't dramatic is phrasing your opinion as a fact. Saying that you didn't think the hallway scene was dramatic is an opinion through and through. One is offensive and dismissive of opposing feelings, one is not.

There is nothing wrong  (or offensive or dismissive) with saying the hallway scene wasn't dramatic.  It saves prefacing everything with "IMO", or "I think", or the way I see it", etc.   If someone phrases it that way, all that has to be done is provide evidence that refutes that statement.  It could be nothing more than someone else stating they found it dramatic.  Or someone else stating the scene WAS dramatic.   

• Like 4

11 hours ago, JE7 said:

IMO trying to give Raj a coherent character much less de-douchifying him is at this point like peeing on a forest fire, you can make the effort but the odds of making a difference are infinitesimally small. They shouldn't waste precious late game time on him when we have three couples on whom the time could be much more productively spent. The extra two or three minutes could make a difference in their stories and people actually care about those, I doubt anyone is seriously invested in Raj's future by this point.

He has to be in every episode anyway so they might as well give him something to do. Yeah, sure, I don't expect the big Raj miracle but at least they won't be throwing more gasoline into the fire either!

Edited by April
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, bbtfan07 said:

Do you think that Sheldon will keep following Amy from now on and that they will never again be apart?

Going forward through life and making decisions together? Yes of course.

Just waiting for an engagement and then later a marriage probably next season to absolutely cement it.

I have no doubt there will be some ups and downs along the way but they are in it for the long haul now.

• Like 5

Do you think that Sheldon will keep following Amy from now on and that they will never again be apart?

YES. Definately! I think his decision was made when he showed up at her door and declared her as his heart worm. He just needed time to get there.

I think realizing Amy lied to be with him because she enjoys living with him had a profound effect. Quite a contrast to lying to stay away while he was sick, and that was just for a couple of days. Also compared to the months he spent without her in his life during the breakup, deep down I imagine he is elated at the turn of events despite having to cope with his fear of change.

Not only is she worth going through his internal struggles for, but she helps him through them.

• Like 7

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 9:24 PM, shamyyellow said:

This is the first time in the show's existence that they aren't dragging things out.

I sat through 9 seasons of Penny and Leonard breaking up, having sex, getting together, and breaking up again. It took multiple proposals, 2 weddings, and 9 seasons to get anywhere with them. I was watching the 100th episode that other day and couldn't help but shake my head at how Lenny-centric is was. The entire thing was about them going back and forth. Everyone was just a puppet for their drama. 

In the past year, Sheldon's personal and professional life has seen several changes and because of that, there is a lot to say. In the last 4 episodes alone, he participated in an experiment that ended in moving in with his girlfriend... permanently. Considering this is Sheldon and he's moved away from his spot, all his cool stuff, and HIS apartment... all of this has happened at a ridiculously fast pace. Most of us didn't even consider that he would leave 4A.

I think it's very unfair to insinuate that nobody cares about Shamy and what happened in last week's episode. I happen to care very much.

TBH you have just sat through 6 seasons of Lenny going back and forth, since from S7 forward it has been the Sheldon/Shamy show, not to mention that the rest of us who don't care about Shamy have sat through almost 6 seasons and they aren't that far along.  

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, bbtfan07 said:

Yes! There will be surely some ups and downs along their way but they will fix it, as they are in same page about what they feel about each other and they are learning to handle with each other flaws as they share a place.

It is a question of time for an engagement and in a near future a marriage. 

And it is not only Sheldon who will keep following  Amy. She will keep following him too, as they complete each other. 

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, bbtfan07 said:

Keep following Amy ???? Dear god, I hope not ! Shamy are supposed to be intellectually equal adults and loving partners, not a dog/owner relationship. LOL ! So I hope we get more moments where they actually enjoy each other's company based on what they have in common , at the same time give space to each other's different opinions and interests and hobbies.

As for being apart - no, I think Shamy will live together now as they love each other and are on the same page. We dont know , if they will stay in 4B. But IMO, they will not go back to live separately now. I can't imagine that. 

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 7

Perhaps I've missed a few posts, but has anyone considered that Sheldon not being able to sleep and eat was because he was concerned the living experience was not as positive for Amy as it was for him, or that she might have some reservations?

He was so mad at her for lying, but when Penny revealed it was because she loves him and wants to be with him, he looked so relieved!

When Amy asked if he was saying he wanted to live with her, he immediately said he was open to the possibility. I think he was simply blind-sided by not knowing Amy's apartment was completed and believing she would go home after the experiment was over. Given how their experiment began, he never imagined Amy would want to keep living with him to the point of lying to spend more time with him.

If Sheldon wasn't interested, he could have sent her home to her apartment. Instead, they are back in bed together that night to discuss where they might live. The next day, Amy is bringing groceries home to 4B.

After a stimulating conversation and Amy telling him in her own way that she will care for him as his partner, he willingly follows her on in to 4B and closes the door to his former life with Lenny.

I just can't get over the beauty of it all.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

Keep following Amy ???? Dear god, I hope not ! Shamy are supposed to be intellectually equal adults and loving partners, not a dog/owner relationship. LOL !

Oh that sentence can have that meaning? Did not know,lol! I learn everyday usefull stuff here. :wink: 

When I said they will keep following each other it was not like dog/owner. It was like equal adults and loving partners indeed :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 8

Oh that sentence can have that meaning? Did not know,lol! I learn everyday usefull stuff here. :wink: 
When I said they will keep following each other it was not like dog/owner. It was like equal adults and loving partners indeed [emoji4]

That is the way I understood it, spidergirl. I thought it was a very good question to keep the conversations going.
  • Like 2

To be fair, English is difficult even for native English speakers. I think you do very well.

I believe Shamy will be together forever now. It won't be perfect, but they've been apart before. They hated it. They'd rather have each other with all the challenges than not be together at all.

That is what a partnership is about. Sheldon's life is so intertwined with Amy's, the worst I see is perhaps a stall before moving forward. I don't envision any backsies. (I may have made that last word up.)

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

TBH you have just sat through 6 seasons of Lenny going back and forth, since from S7 forward it has been the Sheldon/Shamy show, not to mention that the rest of us who don't care about Shamy have sat through almost 6 seasons and they aren't that far along.  

My statement came from my belief that Lenny dominated until they got married, which was the last episode of S8. And I don't think it's fair to throw Sheldon based episodes into this discussion. If this is between Shamy and Lenny, let it be about Shamy and Lenny.

Season 7:

Episodes 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 13, 15, 17, 22, 23, and 24 were about Lenny's relationship in some capacity. 

Episodes 4, 5, 11, 15, 16, 19, 21, and 24 were about Shamy's relationship in some capacity.

Season 8: 

Episodes 3, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 17, 18, 20, 22, 23, and 24 were about Lenny's relationship in some capacity.

Episodes 1, 3, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, and 24 were about Shamy's relationship in some capacity. 

S7 had more Lenny and S8 was split down the middle. I'm sure we could argue about total screen time and the quality of the storylines, but that wouldn't do any good. It's more than obvious that Shamy dominated in S9 and seems to have the better storyline/more screen time now, but I remain that the show was very Lenny-centric up until that happened. 

• Like 3

A few scenes Leonard and Penny were in does not = Lenny centric. The show has been dominated by Sheldon's character for the past three seasons. The fact Amy is his girlfriend, also translates to Shamy. I am sorry anyone watching this show well tell you TPTB have revolved the show around Sheldon. Most of Season 8 saying Leonard and Penny were in just as many scenes, does not = Quality Storylines. They completely dimished them the whole season. Diddn't even acknowledge the fact they were engaged. Ignored them the whole season. Had Centric Shamy plots. Like ^ said Season 8 Episode 20 was a very Shamy centric episode. I well give you the Paint Canvas episode, but that was a rare moment for the show that season. Been told the whole season oh their is still time Lenny well get stories. They got one alright LOL, Leonard cheating, and lieing about it for two years. So worth the wait! I don't mean to open that can of worms up again. But my point is Quantity of Stories v Quality of Stories. Were few, far in between for Lenny. Where as Shamy as big depth in quality, the past three years. It has all been from Sheldon's point of view, and on his terms only. Most of S9, was slightly better. But most of the first half of Season 9 was about Shamy's breakup. And that dominated the first half of the show. Drama e.t.c. It was only to the last three episodes Lenny got a focus. And it felt like an ensemble again. Then 10x02-10x06, Shamy dominated, and Sheldon dominated again. Last episode was good signs, problem is they are not consistent with it. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Wasn't season 8 episode 20 the fort episode. I'm not sure why that's not listed as a Shamy but only a Lenny.

You're right. I had to look at a list of episodes and write each list separately and must've missed that one. 

• Like 1

You're right. I had to look at a list of episodes and write each list separately and must've missed that one. 

Along wth 702, Shamy in 4A and the hall way before bursting into 4B. Total screen time of each couple can actually be factually shown so it is a good measure of episode focus.

Edited by Zhalen565
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, vonmar said:

From Entertainment Tonight

'Back to the Future' Star Christopher Lloyd Is Coming to 'Big Bang Theory' for a Mysterious New Role!

ET has learned that the legendary Back to the Future actor will be guest starring on the Dec. 1 episode of the smash CBS comedy. No details about Lloyd's character or storyline have been revealed, but we're keeping our fingers crossed that some time-traveling puns and Doc Brown references will be thrown into the mix.

"We’re so excited to be working with Christopher Lloyd and think we’ve created a fun part that fans will really enjoy," The Big Bang Theory executive producers said in a statement on Wednesday.

Very cool, been a fan of pretty much everything he has done. :)

• Like 3

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic