The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

9 minutes ago, Tenji said:

Christopher Lloyd is on set today...

I think it's a photo from yesterday taping, judging from the fact he posted it at least 5 hours ago, he should have been on set at 7 a.m. (pacific time) or something like that...

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Tenji said:

Christopher Lloyd is on set today...

He posted it today, but isn't that from last night because I thought they only did the table read today.

• Like 1

He posted it today, but isn't that from last night because I thought they only did the table read today.

Yes, I think you're right. I often forget about time differences!
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Carm6773 said:

If this is the case, the first question they need to ask him is when is he going to fix the elevator!

Do they really want the damage investigated ?

I'm wondering if Christopher Lloyd's character is related to Howard and Bernie's story-arc... I've been thinking that he could be Doc Brown showing Howard what kind of parents Bernadette and he will be, in a dream sequence. Who knows? I wish we had a few spoilers to discuss! :D

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kev0821 said:

Also, I don't know if I'm allowed to post this here, or it's already been mentioned... TV Guide has exclusive photos of Howard's Stephen Hawking remote control!

http://www.tv.com/news/the-big-bang-theory-first-look-stephen-hawkings-back-in-toy-form-147933293100/

That little toy is so sweet ! I wonder if they'll give it to him afterwards ?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bbtfan07 said:

Looks like the room is full of stuff from Penny's apt. Also I don't see great things for Leonard and Penny. There not going to move out or start a family. Shamy has much more potential for growth.

Fine, but the show can do great things with other characters too, while simaultanousley growing Shamy. They did with Lenny in S6. Lenny in S6 in terms of potential for growth, is basically where Shamy are now. Boy could you imagine if Lenny never broke up in S3? LOL. But anyway, they still focused on other characters. Howard still went to space, they still had great ensemble episodes like The Holographic Exicitation, The Bakersfield Expedition, The Love Spell Potential. What happened to the group episodes? So I ask What's changed since then? Clearly alot. I just beleive it is selective thinking and writing from TPTB. Since Sheldon in the back seat in 6x24. This has been the show hahaha. 

Edited by 3ku11

The reality is Shamy is a wedding away from being the same as Lenny. So much more potential for growth IMO is not really true.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

The reality is Shamy is a wedding away from being the same as Lenny. So much more potential for growth IMO is not really true.

Well yes the show has prooven they suck at writing married couples lol. Look at what they did to Lenny the moment they got engaged in 7x23.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Well yes the show has prooven they suck at writing married couples lol. Look at what they did to Lenny the moment they got engaged in 7x23.

Not only that they have less things that they can show when they get engaged. There's not going to have oh by the way I'm married or I cheated on you scenarios. If they did this thread would need some group therapy

• Like 4

I think tptb are walking a tight rope they want a very shamy show but they realize they have to give the lenny and shenny fans just enough hope for their ships to keep watching. But i think their ready to fall off

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

I think tptb are walking a tight rope they want a very shamy show but they realize they have to give the lenny and shenny fans just enough hope for their ships to keep watching. But i think their ready to fall off

I actually think them living together now makes it more difficult to write a Shamy show. There nothing unique about them living together. There just like any other couple.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I don't know about that. Sheldon and Amy both individually are very quirky and have their eccentricities, hell some might say they are both a little weird. If they got married and largely stayed true to who they are there is still a lot to explore with them IMO.

But i would agree the writers need to raise their game a bit in regards to Lenny. Not talking about completely separate plots from the rest of the group but more interesting storylines like for example what we saw in 10.7. 10.7 was a fantastic episode and the best Lenny plot for a while.

• Like 2

the only unique thing about them is that they run to lenny when there's a problem I haven't figured out how they can't seem to solve their own problems

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

the only unique thing about them is that they run to lenny when there's a problem I haven't figured out how they can't seem to solve their own problems

They're in a world that's new to them. They're children in some ways, adolescents in others.They need a nanny.

I am sorry I know Shamy are so so special lol. But so were Lenny. Sorry I just don't think being quirky. Is going to be enough to expect Shamy to be written any differently. TPTB I don't think have changed in how they write married couples. So I don't see how Shamy well be any different. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I actually think them living together now makes it more difficult to write a Shamy show. There nothing unique about them living together. There just like any other couple.

IMO, everything about Shamy living together has been unique because they are not like any other couple.  Seems to me that the writers are having a great time writing those story lines.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Honestly I think the show only has proven they suck at writing Lenny as a married couple. Their writing of Howardette is fine IMO, given their limited screen time. Howardette are even getting a baby now. And since Sheldon is in the Shamy relationship and the writers are proven that they are extremely talented at writing stories for Sheldon. I'd say the same bad things probably won't happen to Shamy as it have happened Lenny. 

18 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

Well at least there still are some things unique.

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 6

I know ALOT of people here find shamy unique and interesting which is fine and I'm glad they do but to me personally they are the most boring couple I've ever watched on television

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

They're in a world that's new to them. They're children in some ways, adolescents in others.They need a nanny.

And therein lies the problem for writing Lenny.  They writers are so wrapped up writing Lenny as the nanny, they  are, most of the time, reduced to reacting to Sheldon or Shamy (see standing behind the island, making comments).   On the rare occasion they get their own story, or scene, Sheldon somehow becomes part of it much of the time.  

The "party" at Bert's in 1003, was very good metaphor for the couples have been written the last few years.   Sheldon and Amy are the star couple at the university.  There is nothing special about Leonard, except for marrying the hot girl.   

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

I don't know about that. Sheldon and Amy both individually are very quirky and have their eccentricities, hell some might say they are both a little weird. If they got married and largely stayed true to who they are there is still a lot to explore with them IMO.

But i would agree the writers need to raise their game a bit in regards to Lenny. Not talking about completely separate plots from the rest of the group but more interesting storylines like for example what we saw in 10.7. 10.7 was a fantastic episode and the best Lenny plot for a while.

47 minutes ago, vonmar said:

IMO, everything about Shamy living together has been unique because they are not like any other couple.  Seems to me that the writers are having a great time writing those story lines.

I think their quirkiness, eccentricities and uniqueness that made them different after 150+ Episodes IMO has gone stale. also JMO I think in some ways it easier to write Shamy than Lenny. The writers gave gotten lazy. Certainly Chuck is no marriage expert. It could be the reason they write more about Shamy/Sheldon stories. 

• Like 4

They should have a great time writing the whole show, not just one couple regardless how unique they are. But that ship has sailed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

Yes, but their quirkiness as a couple can still generate stories about them learning to live together.

• Like 2