The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Maybe PALS wants to officially change the names on the leases for the 4a and 4b and the landlord shows up to bring the paperwork

• Like 6

4 hours ago, veejay said:

Are we overthinking this?

g_63.gif

…of course, it also gives the fun behind it. :shy:

Oh. I just used that as an opportunity to express my admiration for Amy. Since that happens so rarely here, including the Shamy thread. So maybe bare with me this time? 

And of course I don't suppose I broke any rules...So... you know, to quote tensor (not exact words haha), "If others want to overthink things, they're allowed to. Express your opinions about the shows, not other members." :icon_neutral:

4 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

And of course I don't suppose I broke any rules...

Nope, you didn't.

4 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

So... you know, to quote tensor (not exact words haha), "If others want to overthink things, they're allowed to. Express your opinions about the shows, not other members." :icon_neutral:

Close enough.  :icon_razz:

I agree with the notion filler does not = bad. Filler seems to have such a nasty connotation to it. But it is not at all. Filler can mean nostalgia. You've seen this story before, you have seen this plot line before. You trust it is funny because you have seen it before. You could also see more elements to it, you did not before. Thing with TBBT I always enjoy picking up new stuff I did not see originally. The hair stuff was so fun too, I made no qualms about me hating that pixie haircut lol. Just did not suit Kaley. But it was hilarous seeing the show talk about it. Love those real life references. The group scene added something different. But overall in terms of overall contribution. When that reviewer said this episode could of fitted any random episode 3-4 seasons ago, he is really right. Offered nothing creatively speaking. We get it Sheldon is a jackass, he has an ego when it comes to his career.

But I personally don't really need to be reminded of it. IF that was the point of the episode, point was taken in 6x24 when Sheldon got jealous over Leonard's hawking gig. Point was taken Season 7 Proton Transmogrification when Proton teached him an existensial lesson about appreciating his friends. Now here we are almost 3 seasons later, Sheldon jealous over Bert getting a grant, needing his brusied ego to be brushed again, like he is a dog heeling lol. Then in the end omg we are friends now, I learnt a valuable lesson about being proud of other people's successes, and at the same time appreciate what I have. This well make me such a more tolerable person.... ummm no. So here we are, Sheldon still learning these lessons. It is just backing the truck, and recycling. Guess what I Want in Season Ten, is maybe a bit more creativity. Season 6 was my fav season because it was so creative. It also had the perfect balance between the relationships and science.

And as for Raj's comments about Shamy, "Yeah no". I get why Shamy's be salty over that. But I understand why he said it. I don't think it is neccessarily because Penny/Bernadette are hot, that is part of it. But Shamy are not a conventional couple. I don't see the average person looking at Shamy, and go I am so jealous! I want that kinda relationship! So I found it funny Raj said that, because I could relate to that. Raj was a douche, was mysoginist. But it is not like anything he said was not true. I would rather be Leonard and Howard too. Like in Breaking Bad, rather be Marie and Hank, then Skyler and Walt. 

Lines of the episode

Penny: I hate all of you nerds!

Sheldon: Why, Why, Why, Oh that's why Amy: That's what he said, when we first had coitus

ETA: And squeel to Christopher Lloyd, it would be fun if he was the tenant. Like that one in Friends haha. 

Edited by 3ku11

Maybe he's one of Sheldon's ("imaginary") friends (forgot their names at the moment).

Maybe he's the landlord, Jim Ignatauski. :)

15 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

And as for Raj's comments about Shamy, "Yeah no". I get why Shamy's be salty over that. But I understand why he said it. I don't think it is neccessarily because Penny/Bernadette are hot, that is part of it. But Shamy are not a conventional couple. I don't see the average person looking at Shamy, and go I am so jealous! I want that kinda relationship! So I found it funny Raj said that, because I could relate to that. Raj was a douche, was mysoginist. But it is not like anything he said was not true. I would rather be Leonard and Howard too. Like in Breaking Bad, rather be Marie and Hank, then Skyler and Walt. 

I got what you mean but I think Raj himself doesnt know well yet what he wants for his life. The big question is if he would find it before the end of the show. But it might be the writers's intention as there are people like Raj that live their lives without finding what would make  them happy  because they  live for the apparences , for what they seem to the others, specially if the money can help it, then he would think he is awesome. But at end of the day he feels miserable, something money can not helpt to avoid of feel.

Imo the bigest Raj problem is lack of self esteem and while he doesnt work on it, he would colect failed relationships and still feels miserable and rich. Other of his bigest problems is the dependende of his parents money , which doesnt help him to win wings and make his own path.

On Valentine's day Raj, as he called to Fun with Flags  live show,he praised Sheldon and Amy for their relationship. However he was alone. Last episode as he had an audience, he made it clear that shamy relationship is not something he would like for him.

Again, he was worried for what the others would think, as the gang sometimes  think that shamy is too weird.

Why would shamy be a kind of relationship to someone avoid to have ?

They are quirky , yes. They dont do things in a conventional way, yes. But they, with their ups and downs, have been building a functional relationship, which Raj with his money, status, two girls at same time relationship , could not have done to work so far a healthy  and happy relationship that could make him happy. 

Sheldon is the quirkest of all guys but he is able to love Amy like Howard and Leonard are able to love their wives. Raj surely is able to love too, as he decides to go into a relationship with honesty as his heart could be open to that without falses perfect scenarios. Just get into the relationship with all good and bad bagagge  and enjoy it with the person they  love.

I hope Raj can grow up as he might realise for his friends relationships that honesty and absence  of pride and prejudices would realy help him to get  a happy relationship with someone.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 7

Raj is well he is Raj, we all know what he is like and has been for years. If he has no jealousy about Shamy at all or their relationship then fair enough. Shamy are shacked up and on the verge of getting engaged meanwhile Raj is at home lonely and letting his dog eat out of his mouth. If I was in that situation I think I would know what type of existence I would rather have...

It's a running gag that they mock the Shamy relationship and Raj has done it several times over the years (though he praised them during the valentine episode in Season 9). If this was real life there would be no place for those comments especially in a group of friends that are supposedly very close, but this is a sitcom with foundations built on them taking the mickey out of each other so I guess it's seen as fair game.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 4

I'm just throwing it out there, but I would LOVE another Christmas episode this season. However, it's highly unlikely, unless Bernadette gives birth in the Dec. 1st episode. I guess we'll have to wait and see. An episode where everyone goes "home for the holidays" would be fun!

Edited by Kev0821
  • Like 3

I feel compelled to say this--I LOVED the remote-control Dr. Hawking.  I didn't think there was anything offensive in it at all-just the uses people did with it.  I'm sure TPTB ran it by Dr. Hawking, and he gave the o.k.  I really don't see it as any more offensive than an Einstein Bobble Head. I really like the friendship these guys have with Dr. Hawking,too.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

I'm just throwing it out there, but I would LOVE another Christmas episode this season. However, it's highly unlikely, unless Bernadette gives birth in the Dec. 1st episode. I guess we'll have to wait and see. An episode where everyone goes "home for the holidays" would be fun!

It won't be Christmas in the show when Bernie gives birth.

7 minutes ago, I Miss Dan said:

I feel compelled to say this--I LOVED the remote-control Dr. Hawking.  I didn't think there was anything offensive in it at all-just the uses people did with it.  I'm sure TPTB ran it by Dr. Hawking, and he gave the o.k.  I really don't see it as any more offensive than an Einstein Bobble Head. I really like the friendship these guys have with Dr. Hawking,too.

Don’t worry. Stephen Hawking was in the episode. He even said the line he thought it would be cool to have a doll made for him. :shy:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Judith said:

It won't be Christmas in the show when Bernie gives birth.

Yeah, that's why I don't think there will be a Christmas episode. Bernie would have to give birth in 10.10, if they wanted to have a holiday episode for 10.11. Like I said, it's very unlikely that it will happen. Heck, even a New Year's episode would be awesome! Still, the odds aren't in my favor. It's possible that Bernie will give birth in 10.11. Regardless, I'm sure the event will be heavily promoted beforehand.

40 minutes ago, Kev0821 said:

Yeah, that's why I don't think there will be a Christmas episode. Bernie would have to give birth in 10.10, if they wanted to have a holiday episode for 10.11. Like I said, it's very unlikely that it will happen. Heck, even a New Year's episode would be awesome! Still, the odds aren't in my favor. It's possible that Bernie will give birth in 10.11. Regardless, I'm sure the event will be heavily promoted beforehand.

I'd love a New Years episode for 10x12 - if it doesn't air too late in January it would still work just fine.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

Have we started making baby predictions yet?

I believe that there will be some sort of merry mix-up, merry mis-communication and Sheldon will end up alone with Bernadette and have to deliver the baby girl which they will name Deborah. 

Little Debbie Rostenkowski Wolowitz

I don't know who will help delivering the baby, but I'm pretty sure you nailed her sex and  name...Deborah is a given for me. I was thinking they could also commemorate Carol Ann Susi by giving the little girl Carol (or Ann or one of their nicknames) as middle name.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 5Mississippis said:

Have we started making baby predictions yet?

I believe that there will be some sort of merry mix-up, merry mis-communication and Sheldon will end up alone with Bernadette and have to deliver the baby girl which they will name Deborah. 

Little Debbie Rostenkowski Wolowitz

Judging by the BTS picture I think it'll rather be a PALS vs. HBRS episode which hopefully avoids the Sheldon/Bernie thing.

As for names, I'd love something like "Caroline Deborah Wolowitz" with Caroline being in part because of Carol Ann Susi, in part because of the Neil Diamond song so that they could justify it in universe (also to have the most lovely tear jerker when at some point Howard sings the song to his baby girl).

• Like 8

I agree with the previous posts that I think their first child will be a daughter and her name will in some way pay tribute to Howard's mother or perhaps the actor who played her.

I wonder if the birth event may end up being a two parter? In that she is perhaps being rushed to the hospital with Howard and Raj most likely with her towards the end of the episode. Then the following episode you see the rest of the gang maybe at the hospital?

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, April said:

Judging by the BTS picture I think it'll rather be a PALS vs. HBRS episode which hopefully avoids the Sheldon/Bernie thing.

As for names, I'd love something like "Caroline Deborah Wolowitz" with Caroline being in part because of Carol Ann Susi, in part because of the Neil Diamond song so that they could justify it in universe (also to have the most lovely tear jerker when at some point Howard sings the song to his baby girl).

I love that name for their baby for the exact reasons you listed!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I agree with the previous posts that I think their first child will be a daughter and her name will in some way pay tribute to Howard's mother or perhaps the actor who played her.

I wonder if the birth event may end up being a two parter? In that she is perhaps being rushed to the hospital with Howard and Raj most likely with her towards the end of the episode. Then the following episode you see the rest of the gang maybe at the hospital?

Agree about the baby migth be a baby girl. About the name, I think it might be Caroline. 

I like the idea of a two part episode. If we could see all friends reactions to the baby would be so lovely! One more thing to bond them all more, as that baby is going to be a new member of the family :wub:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kev0821 said:

The baby will be about three months old by Christmas. An interesting age - they're sweet and cute. She'll look gorgeous dressed in an elf suit knitted by Amy. I say bring it on !

14 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I was thinking about this. She could go into labour in 10.11 and have the baby in 10.12. Just like the audience learned that she's pregnant in 9.15 but she told Howard in 9.16.

• Like 4

Hmmmm, since we didn't get any spoilers, how about we find out she's in labor in the tag of 10.10, with the birth in 10.11?  

I can see the advantage to Judith's 10.11 - 10.12 idea though. 10.12 is traditionally the first episode of he new year, end the first half on a mini cliffhanger.  

• Like 7

On 11/16/2016 at 8:59 PM, vonmar said:

IMO, everything about Shamy living together has been unique because they are not like any other couple.  Seems to me that the writers are having a great time writing those story lines.

No they will name the girl Debbie.

On 11/17/2016 at 9:18 AM, April said:

Depends on the reactions cause I think that could be hilarious. LOL

Bring it on ! I'd love to see Shamy reacting to something the others did.

Many times Shamy have been referred to as 'unconventional' but to me, apart from the early days when they contemplated reproducing in a lab for the sake of humankind, they've been the most conventional of the lot. 

55 minutes ago, bbtfan07 said:

No they will name the girl Debbie.

How exactly do you know this?