The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

32 minutes ago, Jonny said:

So the guy who is into flags and does a podcast on flags didn't design the flag for 4A? Or are we just talking about an actual flag that Leonard had made of the 4A design that he wants to understandably keep?

In The Staircase Implementation when Leonard signed the papers to move in Sheldon already has the apartment flag in place - though in form of a cute tiny paper flag. The magnet on the fridge is also in that episode. So unless they're completely going against continuity (I know I know, they're terrible with that) I take it it's really just about the physical flag, as in: the big one they use as decoration during Fun with Flags.

• Like 3

Merci beaucoup skylex pour prendre le temps d'écrire un report, je suis très heureuse!

Btw did anyone else think that it was very thoughtful of Sheldon to try to let Leonard have the avocado? (well ok apart from being extremely selfish again and wanting to keep the sword in return...) After all, Amy is allergic to it, so he doesn't want anything in 4b that could hurt his little lady:-)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, April said:

In The Staircase Implementation when Leonard signed the papers to move in Sheldon already has the apartment flag in place - though in form of a cute tiny paper flag. The magnet on the fridge is also in that episode. So unless they're completely going against continuity (I know I know, they're terrible with that) I take it it's really just about the physical flag, as in: the big one they use as decoration during Fun with Flags.

That has to be what they are talking about....

THE-BIG-BANG-THEORY-Season-10-Episode-7-Photos-The-Veracity-Elasticity-07.jpg

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, shamour said:

Btw did anyone else think that it was very thoughtful of Sheldon to try to let Leonard have the avocado? (well ok apart from being extremely selfish again and wanting to keep the sword in return...) After all, Amy is allergic to it, so he doesn't want anything in 4b that could hurt his little lady:-)

Good point! It would make sense if it was for avoid harm to his Amy. :)

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, April said:

Yeah I remember seeing that come to think of it. Well it must be likely the latter and like you inferred it would be a major fuck up of continuity if it wasn't. If Leonard rubbed the flag with his genitals then let him keep it and let Shamy design their own together for 4B.

With their knowledge they can use colors and symbols perhaps combining something about both of them. And like in the picture Vonmar provided from the recent FWF episode they can use it in place of the old one going forward.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 4

Staircase Implementation (One of the shows best episodes btw, Top 5). Was seven years ago, so in terms of continuity. They may forget these things. We all know how bad this show is at continuity. Just for the record I hate FWF. Sorry I just think it is juvinile lol. Sorry if that is unpopular. I just woulden't miss those segments, if they got rid of it. Oh and Christopher Lylod is a tennant? Posters above are right this sounds like Shenny/Panty 2.0. But this time Shelnard are fighting. I can't say I well sign the petition for the Shelnard kiss. I would sign the petition for the Penny/Bernadette kiss hahaha. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Just for the record I hate FWF. Sorry I just think it is juvinile lol. Sorry if that is unpopular. I just woulden't miss those segments, if they got rid of it. 

Personally I don't think FWF is juvenile at all. Vexillology is the scientific study of flags, symbolism and history of flags. It is offbeat, but nothing about it indicates it is childish. Sheldon and Amy are interested in flags and love talking about different kinds of flags and nations all over the world. They like sharing the knowledge with others. Sure, it  is an unconventional hobby and not many people would tune in to watch it, but it is still something adults are legitimately interested in- called vexillologists and vexillophiles.  Although, I like Sheldon and Amy's passion about it. 

There is a North American Vexillological Association. I didn't even know about it until TBBT !

Edited by serena_1995
Added a sentence.
  • Like 9

17 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

Personally I don't think FWF is juvenile at all. Vexillology is the scientific study of flags, symbolism and history of flags. It is knowledgable and offbeat, but nothing about it indicates it is childish to me. Sheldon and Amy are interested in Flags and love talking about different kinds of flags and nations all over the world. They like sharing the knowledge with others. Sure, it  is an unconventional hobby and not many people would have it, but it is still something adults are legitimately interested in- called vexillologists and vexillophiles. Although,  I like Sheldon and Amy's passion about it. 

I have learned myself some nice tips about flags and coutries because of this shamy hobby.

And what imo is more interisting about fwf  is that is a common interest of them that makes them working together passionately!

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Just for the record I hate FWF. Sorry I just think it is juvinile lol. Sorry if that is unpopular. I just woulden't miss those segments

I don't think it's necessarily juvenile but IMO it's run its course. I laughed at the first few but I too wouldn't miss them either. I think I've learned enough about flags.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

Personally I don't think FWF is juvenile at all. Vexillology is the scientific study of flags, symbolism and history of flags. It is offbeat, but nothing about it indicates it is childish. Sheldon and Amy are interested in flags and love talking about different kinds of flags and nations all over the world. They like sharing the knowledge with others. Sure, it  is an unconventional hobby and not many people would tune in to watch it, but it is still something adults are legitimately interested in- called vexillologists and vexillophiles.  Although, I like Sheldon and Amy's passion about it. 

There is a North American Vexillological Association. I didn't even know about it until TBBT !

Sorry to me, it is just a bunch of grown adults talking about flags, it feels immature to me. I understand what your saying, and I agree in theory. I guess I am saying I woulden't miss the segment. Sheldon seems more passionate about it then Amy does though. 

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

Sorry to me, it is just a bunch of grown adults talking about flags, it feels immature to me. I understand what your saying, and I agree in theory. I guess I am saying I woulden't miss the segment. Sheldon seems more passionate about it then Amy does though. 

To me FWF is offbeat rather than immature.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 3ku11 said:

They both seem passionate about the subject to me. You also have to remember the acting deliberately comes across as a little awkward and poor during those FWF scenes. That's to show that whilst they are passionate about the subject they are not naturals in front of the camera.

FWF is pretty iconic and I enjoy it so I hope they keep doing it.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Jonny said:

Looking forward to the Howardette plot in this episode. Been a big fan of both their storyline and Melissa's and Simon's performances this season but I think they are ready to move on to the next stage of that storyline now. :)

I understand that this  is something that is going to happen but to me it's a very sad moment in the show's history. A moment then again that diminishes Lenny. I understand Howdette getting married first. I have even accepted the fact how TPTB handled the whole Lenny wedding and redo. But to me having Howdette have a baby first is an insult to at least this Lenny fan. I know some will say Lenny will get their moment  and I wouldn't  disagree with you. But it won't be the same. To me canon was them having the baby first. I understand my interpretation can easily be disputed. To me the reason they came up withthis was a sense of desperation. What to do with Howdette. Can't think of a storyline for them. I also understand that odds are the baby will get minimal screen time espicially since Howdette  doesn't live in 4a or 4b. But when Lenny does get pregnant/have baby the storyline will already be diminished. I hope I'm wrong when the time comes. But as the last couple seasons have  gone for Lenny I'm not real optimistic.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Jonny said:

They both seem passionate about the subject to me. You also have to remember the acting deliberately comes across as a little awkward and poor during those FWF scenes. That's to show that whilst they are passionate about the subject they are not naturals in front of the camera.

FWF is pretty iconic and I enjoy it so I hope they keep doing it.

I don't know about that. Popular for a certain segment of the audience. Iconic? I am skeptical. Central Perk is iconic, Mclarens is iconic, 4A is iconic. FWF is popular. I don't know, guess I could always take or leave FWF. 

ETA: However reading some tibits, it is pleasing their is some creativity in this episode. The usual snark between the couples which usually happens. Does not seem evident in this episode, thank god. Leonard and Sheldon focus is pleasing. I like what I read in their dialogue. Christopher Llyod cameo sounds good. 

Edited by 3ku11

15 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I understand that this  is something that is going to happen but to me it's a very sad moment in the show's history. A moment then again that diminishes Lenny. I understand Howdette getting married first. I have even accepted the fact how TPTB handled the whole Lenny wedding and redo. But to me having Howdette have a baby first is an insult to at least this Lenny fan. I know some will say Lenny will get their moment  and I wouldn't  disagree with you. But it won't be the same. To me canon was them having the baby first. I understand my interpretation can easily be disputed. To me the reason they came up withthis was a sense of desperation. What to do with Howdette. Can't think of a storyline for them. I also understand that odds are the baby will get minimal screen time espicially since Howdette  doesn't live in 4a or 4b. But when Lenny does get pregnant/have baby the storyline will already be diminished. I hope I'm wrong when the time comes. But as the last couple seasons have  gone for Lenny I'm not real optimistic.

Howard and Bernadette are the only couple who have a house with room for a nursery and somewhere for a child to play outdoors. The death of a member of the cast caused that storyline, not bad planning on the part of the writers. It's normal that a couple married as long as Howardette will have a child. We'll need even bigger changes to the 4A living arrangements before Lenny have somewhere to put a baby. Lenny have only been married a year and for most of that they didn't have a home to themselves.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Howard and Bernadette are the only couple who have a house with room for a nursery and somewhere for a child to play outdoors. The death of a member of the cast caused that storyline, not bad planning on the part of the writers. It's normal that a couple married as long as Howardette will have a child. We'll need even bigger changes to the 4A living arrangements before Lenny have somewhere to put a baby. Lenny have only been married a year and for most of that they didn't have a home to themselves.

I get what you are saying but there are other things to consider. Bernadette always claimed she never liked kids and really didn't want them. Also I live in the Chicago area and people can and have live in 2 bedroom apartments with kids  all the time. In theory It would of been the gentlemanly thing for Sheldon to move over to 4b for that reason. IMO there was no need to have kids at this time period. My reasoning as I said earlier was out of storyline desperation more than any thing else. The house itself plays little role in the show but in theory to have a kid it would easier to hide. Again my scenerio would have been Penny pregnant or giving birth in finale. I think the giving birth scenerio probably won't happen now.

• Like 2

Well I look at the show far back as the pilot. So Lenny only being married a year, does not really come to play for me. I kinda agree Bernadette pregnancy was a desperation storyline. I am enjoying it. But it is kinda an afterthought. Kinda like in Two and a half men. Waldan and Alan adopted that kid. Penny being pregnant would be more appealing for the audience. But seeing they are already doing it with Bernadette. I don't see Penny giving birth anymore either. 

10 hours ago, Judith said:

It looks like TPTB have figured out that Galecki is game for anything and they're making him do all these crazy things.

At this point, stuff like this probably doesn't even make Galecki raise an eyebrow. He really does seem game for anything. Kudos to the dude. He seems awesome. 

Re: Lenny baby... I don't think it'd be any less special just because Howardette "did it first". Phoebe's pregnancy on Friends didn't make Rachel's any less important or less funny. It was just different. I think pregnant!Penny would be hysterical and it'd give Kaley something to sink her teeth into. The birth would be a great series finale. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, No Regrets said:

At this point, stuff like this probably doesn't even make Galecki raise an eyebrow. He really does seem game for anything. Kudos to the dude. He seems awesome. 

Re: Lenny baby... I don't think it'd be any less special just because Howardette "did it first". Phoebe's pregnancy on Friends didn't make Rachel's any less important or less funny. It was just different. I think pregnant!Penny would be hysterical and it'd give Kaley something to sink her teeth into. The birth would be a great series finale. 

I agree with you, but without degressing into a Friends v TBBT comparison for the millionth time. The show runners for Friends, still wrote the show as an ensemble. So the characters still had fair screen time. And the fact Phoebe was one of the main characters from the beginning. And the pregnancy was half way through the show's run on Season 5. In TBBT Bernadette is a supporting character, despite being such regular fixtures now. And the pregnancy storyline is so late in the show's run. I Agree sort of it won't effect Penny or her possible pregnancy. But some for them it well.  I personally prefered this show with just the original 5 characters. The other two, have just made things too forced. But that is just a personal thing. IF it is not broke, don't fix it. Should of kept it the way it was first three seasons, but that is another story for another time. 

Edited by 3ku11

6 hours ago, No Regrets said:

There were major differences though. Phoebe had the babies for her brother. Also as mentioned before it was earlier in the series and Phoebe and Rachel were more or less equal characters. Another factor was Rachel's pregnancy was a surprise. Lennys was discussed in the very first episode and thus IMO should be one of the greatest moments in the series. Although somehow we all know it will be sabotaged by Sheldon.

13 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

There were major differences though. Phoebe had the babies for her brother. Also as mentioned before it was earlier in the series and Phoebe and Rachel were more or less equal characters. Another factor was Rachel's pregnancy was a surprise. Lennys was discussed in the very first episode and thus IMO should be one of the greatest moments in the series. Although somehow we all know it will be sabotaged by Sheldon.

They would prob make Sheldon be the midwife LOL. But I dunno I do agree. Although "Our babies well be smart and beautiful". Was not intended to mean anything. The show runners also never intended on it going ten seasons lol. Back then they were just trying to convince network to keep them beyond the 2007 season. So I guess you could argue alot of stuff in Season One was unintentional. Was that line from Leonard is one of if not the most iconic line of the series. So I do see your point. Although if Penny's pregnancy is a secret, or surprise. I still think it well have some impact. Maybe not the same impact. As when you lose that payoff, it is not the same. Just watch Greys Anatomy lol. Maybe if Season Ten is not last, Penny is possibly pregnant in the season finalie. And that is the summer cliffhanger. IS Penny pregnant? Although I have this feeling Season Ten is the last. They could just do an open ended series final. Penny is pregnant and leave it at that. 

1 hour ago, Chrismo said:

I guess I don't think it's a big deal whether we're talking about equally important characters or not. To me, Bernadette giving birth will take nothing away from Penny potentially giving birth. It's two very different relationships and two very different characters. I thought Phoebe's "speech" to the triplets was one of the most heartfelt moments of the show, same goes for Ross and Rachel's moment just after Emma was born. 

Unfortunately I think we would see a shamy baby before Lenny's

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, No Regrets said:

I guess I don't think it's a big deal whether we're talking about equally important characters or not. To me, Bernadette giving birth will take nothing away from Penny potentially giving birth. It's two very different relationships and two very different characters.

I can see it now.  Penny calls Leonard at work to tell him she's pregnant, and he Sheldon, who then tells everyone at the cafeteria.  As a couple, they spend the entire nine months behind the island, while the girls and Sheldon take her out to buy the needed things.

When she goes into labor Sheldon argues with Leonard about who is going to carry her suitcase.  They both start pulling to see who gets it, causing Leonard to slip and fall, knocking himself out.  So Sheldon takes her (Leaving Leonard knocked out on the floor of the apartment) to the hospital, but has to deliver in the car.

When he finally wakes up and makes it to the hospital, Leonard is finally introduced to his daughter, Mary Marie Amy Hofstadter, cause it seemed a good idea to Penny at the time.    

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Tensor said:

I can see it now.  Penny calls Leonard at work to tell him she's pregnant, and he Sheldon, who then tells everyone at the cafeteria.  As a couple, they spend the entire nine months behind the island, while the girls and Sheldon take her out to buy the needed things.

When she goes into labor Sheldon argues with Leonard about who is going to carry her suitcase.  They both start pulling to see who gets it, causing Leonard to slip and fall, knocking himself out.  So Sheldon takes her (Leaving Leonard knocked out on the floor of the apartment) to the hospital, but has to deliver in the car.

When he finally wakes up and makes it to the hospital, Leonard is finally introduced to his daughter, Mary Marie Amy Hofstadter, cause it seemed a good idea to Penny at the time.    

Wow! Some postings really sound bitter and cynical to me. That's just an observation, and by no means intended as calling somebody out on his/her opinion.

Edited by luminous