The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

4 minutes ago, luminous said:

Wow! This forum really has become a bitter and cynical place.

Really, what tipped you off? :derisive:

I can see it now.  Penny calls Leonard at work to tell him she's pregnant, and he Sheldon, who then tells everyone at the cafeteria.  As a couple, they spend the entire nine months behind the island, while the girls and Sheldon take her out to buy the needed things.
 When she goes into labor Sheldon argues with Leonard about who is going to carry her suitcase.  They both start pulling to see who gets it, causing Leonard to slip and fall, knocking himself out.  So Sheldon takes her (Leaving Leonard knocked out on the floor of the apartment) to the hospital, but has to deliver in the car.
When he finally wakes up and makes it to the hospital, Leonard is finally introduced to his daughter, Mary Marie Amy Hofstadter, cause it seemed a good idea to Penny at the time.    

The sad thing is that i could see that happening

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, luminous said:

Wow! This forum really has become a bitter and cynical place.

Are you saying my take on the show is bitter and cynical?

4 hours ago, Tensor said:

Are you saying my take on the show is bitter and cynical?

I don't know your take on the show currently. That posting was not aimed at you. I just have noticed many bitter and cynical postings (IMO) about Lenny or things regarding Lenny lately. That's all.

Edited by luminous

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

When he finally wakes up and makes it to the hospital, Leonard is finally introduced to his daughter, Mary Marie Amy Hofstadter, cause it seemed a good idea to Penny at the time.    

I thought they would have a son, Sheldon Lee Hofstadter.

• Like 2

Well, they won an entry in "The Guinness World Records" for the number of viewers when 'Shamy' had sex last year, and that has to make the writers worried they have to top themselves this year.  Talk about the"tweetlepok in the room...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, shamour said:

Btw did anyone else think that it was very thoughtful of Sheldon to try to let Leonard have the avocado? (

Not me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 hours ago, Chrismo said:

I don't think it's necessarily juvenile but IMO it's run its course. I laughed at the first few but I too wouldn't miss them either. I think I've learned enough about flags.

I've always hated FWF. For me it was always BWF (Boredom with Flags) and couldn't care less about it. I was happy when Sheldon mentioned  it was going to be the last episode a while back.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, legacy99 said:

Unfortunately I think we would see a shamy baby before Lenny's

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I think you're totally right, Shamy has been given almost all "married couples" plots before Lenny so I think it is certain we will see a Shamy baby before Lenny.

Edited by Lagernisse
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

I think you're totally right, Shamy has been given all "married couples" plots before Lenny so I think it is certain we will see a Shamy baby before Lenny.

Just for fun...I bet against it, with regard to the baby. And I disagree that Shamy had all "married couples" plots.

Edited by luminous
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, luminous said:

Just for fun...I bet against it, as for the baby. And I disagree that Shamy had all "married couples" plots.

Perhaps "all" was a little to much, we can change it to "almost":icon_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Lagernisse said:

Shamy has been given almost all "married couples" plots before Lenny

Like what?

Discussion of how things will work when moving in.  The actual discussion and decision to move in.   The discussion before coitus, discussion of where their relationship is going....oh, wait, it's not that they have married couple plots, it's that the writers have Shamy act like adults and discuss things (no matter how much they have to pull Sheldon along, unlike the way the writers have the Hofstadters ignore things.  Which is ironic given the BGB and how Lenny talked about their issues during season six and seven.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

Like what?

Just to name one plot: Shamy had brunch in 4B, this would had been a perfect plot for Lenny to have some friends over. @Tensor lists a few over things Lenny could had done. 

5 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Discussion of how things will work when moving in.  The actual discussion and decision to move in.   The discussion before coitus, discussion of where their relationship is going....oh, wait, it's not that they have married couple plots, it's that the writers have Shamy act like adults and discuss things (no matter how much they have to pull Sheldon along, unlike the way the writers have the Hofstadters ignore things.  Which is ironic given the BGB and how Lenny talked about their issues during season six and seven.  

This part of Lenny has been totally ignored.

9 minutes ago, Tensor said:

They talked a lot about moving in and also about where their relationship is going. It definitely came up several times, there's no reason to pretend otherwise. 

Discussion before coitus? How is that a married couple thing? How is that important these days?

Also while they didn't have an embarrassing brunch with people they barely know, they threw a party with their friends before.

Just now, Chrismo said:

The reality is that Lenny and Shamy have been living together alone the same amount of time. 

So? How is that a problem? 

14 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

They talked a lot about moving in and also about where their relationship is going. It definitely came up several times, there's no reason to pretend otherwise. 

Discussion before coitus? How is that a married couple thing? How is that important these days?

Also while they didn't have an embarrassing brunch with people they barely know, they threw a party with their friends before.

And all it was was talk. In reality living arrangements was decided by Sheldon then and now. Shamy party was embarrassing but it was their own. The Lenny party I think your referring to is when Leonard lived with Sheldon in 4a. Not exactly the same.

7 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

So? How is that a problem? 

Why is it necessary for such an indepth discussion of Shamy living together when Lenny living together has been ignored?

31 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

I don't remember a lot, nor do I remember specifics.  I do remember them pointedly not talking about it, or the talk being pushed or led by Sheldon.  

It's not a married couple thing, but it is a "married couple" thing.  I took quotes as meaning not an actual married couple, but a couple who acts as if they are married.  

Yep, the group.  No one outside the group.   

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Why is it necessary for such an indepth discussion of Shamy living together when Lenny living together has been ignored?

It hasn't been ignored, why do you keep saying that?! 

29 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Yep, the group.  No one outside the group.   

So? Is that essential in a marriage? Does that define a successful marriage? I don't think so.

20 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

But we can't dictate and predict someone's behavior and sex life. We can't force someone else to act a certain way in a certain situation, just because we would have acted that way if we were in their shoes.

We can't  force 2 people to have sex if they seem comfortable without it , at the moment. If Sheldon and Amy are happy with the current situation ,  what is the problem ?  If once a year works for them, what is the issue ? Didn't  Amy say once a year works for her immediately in 9x11 ? Has Amy explicitely told Sheldon, she wants to have sex ? I don't  think so. She actively took sex off the table herself and turned him down in 10.08. Has Sheldon explicitely told Amy he can't wait ? I don't recall except for 10.08. 

Have either Sheldon or Amy expressed their anger or frustration recently TO EACH OTHER about not getting what they want from the one another , in all the time they lived together ? i don't recall . 

So i dont see the big deal, yet. If sex or lack of sex leads to an actual fight or confrontation or even an honest discussion between  Sheldon and Amy , only then will I worry.

Sometimes there is so much spoken and unspoken pressure to have sex when it comes to Shamy, that it poisons my enjoyment and ignores that Shamy have actually had the funniest and sweetest plots in s10 in a long time IMO. 

This is just my opinion ofcourse.

The thing is, Sheldon and Amy are not real people. They are fictional characters controlled by the writers. Let's suppose the writers don't plan to deal with coitus anytime soon. Now, are they going to write storylines where the two of them are not satisfied and fight because of lack of sex? Of course not. Because then they'll be looking for troubles for themselves.

So as long as they don't write the "fights", Amy and Sheldon will always be "satisfied" and "on the same page". But does this make sense? Not really, at least for me. For example, why does Sheldon act like he has no desire at all back in the second half of season 9? Why does he act like sex is still something that bothers him in 1004 (He shows such relief after Amy says sex of off the table) if he's not asexual? More importantly, does Amy know and understand Sheldon 's attitude for sex/lack of interest in sex? Is she Ok with that? If not, why haven't they had an honest conversation about it? If yes, why did she still express coitus expectations in season 9 (917, 919)? Shouldn't she respect Sheldon's choice? 

A similar example would be the LA in season 9. Did we see Lenny having fights over living with Sheldon? Not so much. But why were lots of Lenny fans so annoyed by LA arrangements?

We can't control what the writers show us, but we can tell whether the things they show us make sense or whether a storyline is IC and good for the characters. If we are supposed to be happy with everything going on in the show as long as the characters are happy, there's no need for the forum to exist at all. Because like 90% of the time, the characters are happy. 

As a shipper, I want the best for Shamy. A healthy sex life and mutual desire for each other are important, at least IMO. We even have a negative example in the show, Leonard's parents. I know, I know, Shamy are different from them. Shamy are in love. But maybe Beverly and Alfred used to love each other too, and now all that's left is resentment.

this post was moved here from the Shamy thread

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

It hasn't been ignored?  Can you point to the episode where Lenny discussed what side of the bed they would sleep on (and why they sleep on opposite sides in the different appartments?)  Or, how about the discussion of bathroom rituals at night?  Or, where they discussed the effect of them moving in together in their relationship?   

14 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

So? Is that essential in a marriage? Does that define a successful marriage? I don't think so.

The discussion was about plots, and who got them first.  Not the definition of a successful marriage.   Shamy got a plot where they invited people outside of the group to a party (brunch in this case), first.  Besides, how exactly is Lenny inviting the rest of the group over for a dinner party different from them inviting the group over for dinner?   

27 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

I'm not sure what facts you are talking. All I do know is Lenny have lived together with Sheldon since being married. That's a fact.  The only reason they are alone now is Sheldon moved out. That's a fact. What stories have they had. This season they had the wedding redo in the first episode. The only other prominent thing going on now is where are they standing in the kitchen. The dungeon scene was a Sheldon dream. Even in the last taping they apparently comeback to their apartment and Christopher Lloyd is standing there. I'm sorry it's difficult to be upbeat when most all storylines even ones that could of been theirs go to Shamy.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Tensor said:

It hasn't been ignored?  Can you point to the episode where Lenny discussed what side of the bed they would sleep on (and why they sleep on opposite sides in the different appartments?)  Or, how about the discussion of bathroom rituals at night?  Or, where they discussed the effect of them moving in together in their relationship?   

There was a whole episode about it in season six. They were ready to live together in 7.24. They started to spend more nights together in 8.12. They tried to move together in 9.04. They actually moved in season ten and just recently Penny redecorated their bedroom. I'm sure I forgot a thing or two, but yeah, if that counts as "ignored" for you, well, that's your take. But the stuff I've seen is telling me otherwise.

I'm not quite sure why you expected them to talk about their preferred side of the bed. They probably did this when they started dating already. Why would they suddenly come up with that? Bathroom rituals at night? You can't be serious. That's the kind of thing Sheldon would do. I'd never expect them to do that. Regular people (like Leonard and Penny) go to the bathroom whenever they want.

24 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

There was a whole episode about it in season six. They were ready to live together in 7.24. They started to spend more nights together in 8.12. They tried to move together in 9.04. They actually moved in season ten and just recently Penny redecorated their bedroom. I'm sure I forgot a thing or two, but yeah, if that counts as "ignored" for you, well, that's your take. But the stuff I've seen is telling me otherwise.

I'm not quite sure why you expected them to talk about their preferred side of the bed. They probably did this when they started dating already. Why would they suddenly come up with that? Bathroom rituals at night? You can't be serious. That's the kind of thing Sheldon would do. I'd never expect them to do that. Regular people (like Leonard and Penny) go to the bathroom whenever they want.

Not really they dragged them out living together since Season 6. Just like they dragged out Shamy coitus. Their is no reason at all, Lenny should of waited till now to move in together. Season 6 Spoiler Alert Segmentation, perfect chance. To treat it as an experiment. Like they did this season 10x04. But they did not. All they did was tune out a big part of the audience, who just got sick of waiting. 4 years too late if you ask me. They shoulden't of been ready to live together in 7x24. In reality, yes I know this show is not real. Their is literally no reason TPTB could of not made them ready 6x24. Bernadette even suggested them to get married. But no they drag it out another two seasons. Then another two more seasons (10x04). Before they finnally create a nest. I woulden't say 6x24 and 7x24 were talking about it. They literally dragged it out for three seasons, how is that talking about it? Spoiler Alert Segmentation Season 6 is literally the only episode where it was discussed. 10x04 was the next one. JMO.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 1