The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

27 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

There was a whole episode about it in season six. They were ready to live together in 7.24. They started to spend more nights together in 8.12. They tried to move together in 9.04. They actually moved in season ten and just recently Penny redecorated their bedroom. I'm sure I forgot a thing or two, but yeah, if that counts as "ignored" for you, well, that's your take. But the stuff I've seen is telling me otherwise.

Actually the episode in season 6 (it was 6.15) was all about them not discussing it.  Leonard moved in, with no discussion, and Leonard moved back within a few days, with no discussion, just Penny telling him to get out.  

7.24?  You mean this from Penny to Amy:

Penny: Well, haven’t really talked about it yet, but I figure at some point, I’ll move in with him, or he’ll move in with me. 

Or maybe this from Leonard to Sheldon:

Leonard: I don’t know. We just started to think about this. Maybe I’ll move in with Penny, or maybe she and I’ll take this place, and you can move across the hall. 

What part of either of those is a discussion between Leonard and Penny?

8.12 Was a discussion between Sheldon and Leonard, where Sheldon gave his permission.  Not Penny and Leonard.

9.04  Again, discussion between Leonard and Sheldon.  No discussion between Leonard and Penny.  

None of those are discussions between Leonard and Penny.   As was pointed out, this was about who got what plots first.  Still no discussion between Lenny.  The episode in season 10.04;The Cohabitation Experimentation did not show a Lenny discussion about Living together, we were shown them talking about and then dancing.  Shamy got the plot of discussing living together before Lenny.    

I'm not quite sure why you expected them to talk about their preferred side of the bed. 

So they both don't get on the same side?

. They probably did this when they started dating already. Why would they suddenly come up with that?

More than likely, but Shamy got the plot about it, Lenny never did (the original point).   And we still don't know why they slept on opposite sides of the bed, depending on the apartment.  We know why he knocks three times, but don't know why they sleep on different sides.   They may have talked about it, but they were never shown talking about it.

Bathroom rituals at night? You can't be serious. That's the kind of thing Sheldon would do. I'd never expect them to do that. Regular people (like Leonard and Penny) go to the bathroom whenever they want.

Actually I am.  My wife always brushes her teeth first.  This gives her time to do some other things while she gets ready for bed, while I brush mine afterwards and do some other things while she is brushing her teeth.  There are several other things we talked about when moving in, that have since become habits.  

Since we don't see Leonard and Penny talking about any of this, the writers are ignoring Leonard and Penny talking about it, but giving the plots and showing Shamy talking about it.  

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Actually the episode in season 6 (it was 6.15) was all about them not discussing it.  Leonard moved in, with no discussion, and Leonard moved back within a few days, with no discussion, just Penny telling him to get out.  

7.24?  You mean this from Penny to Amy:

Penny: Well, haven’t really talked about it yet, but I figure at some point, I’ll move in with him, or he’ll move in with me. 

Or maybe this from Leonard to Sheldon:

Leonard: I don’t know. We just started to think about this. Maybe I’ll move in with Penny, or maybe she and I’ll take this place, and you can move across the hall. 

What part of either of those is a discussion between Leonard and Penny?

8.12 Was a discussion between Sheldon and Leonard, where Sheldon gave his permission.  Not Penny and Leonard.

9.04  Again, discussion between Leonard and Sheldon.  No discussion between Leonard and Penny.  

None of those are discussions between Leonard and Penny.   As was pointed out, this was about who got what plots first.  Still no discussion between Lenny.  The episode in season 10.04;The Cohabitation Experimentation did not show a Lenny discussion about Living together, we were shown them talking about and then dancing.  Shamy got the plot of discussing living together before Lenny.    

So they both don't get on the same side?

More than likely, but Shamy got the plot about it, Lenny never did (the original point).   And we still don't know why they slept on opposite sides of the bed, depending on the apartment.  We know why he knocks three times, but don't know why they sleep on different sides.   They may have talked about it, but they were never shown talking about it.

Actually I am.  My wife always brushes her teeth first.  This gives her time to do some other things while she gets ready for bed, while I brush mine afterwards and do some other things while she is brushing her teeth.  There are several other things we talked about when moving in, that have since become habits.  

Since we don't see Leonard and Penny talking about any of this, the writers are ignoring Leonard and Penny talking about it, but giving the plots and showing Shamy talking about it.  

I think you're being really picky with these things. I am more than satisfied with the examples I gave you. In my opinion they've been living together for much longer than that anyway. Sure there was Sheldon, but that doesn't change anything for me. Nothing really changed in 10.04 for them either, except that Sheldon is gone. But they already had pretty much anything they have now.

I don't expect them to talk about any of the stuff you mentioned and I wouldn't want them to. Maybe two or three years ago, but now? Not really.

On the topic of lack of Lenny moments... I always thought it was because Penny is not "that girl"

I don't think she would care what side of the bed she slept on. If Leonard were to started quibbling about it I picture her just tellung him to hurry up,and choose.

Same with the bathroom stuff. I just don't think she would care? She is easy going. Things like that don't bother her. She's a just do it already kind of person. So that puts Leonard being in the position of being the one who these things are important to. Which the writers already painted Sheldon as the one these things matter too. And Leonard being the "just do it already" of that relationship. 

So di they start writing Leonard caring more about these things ? Or do they just kind of leave that crap alone in that relatinship. Let the veiwer assume since neither of them seem to care that much a moment did not have to be made about it. 

Also in tbe episode where Leonard watched football with Penny's frienfs. That was a get together with people outside of the group. So they already had that moment. No need to explore that again. Like I doubt they will do another Shamy outside the friend group gathering.

• Like 1

Just now, FileXxX said:

I think you're being really picky with these things. I am more than satisfied with the examples I gave you. In my opinion they've been living together for much longer than that anyway. Sure there was Sheldon, but that doesn't change anything for me. Nothing really changed in 10.04 for them either, except that Sheldon is gone. But they already had pretty much anything they have now.

I don't expect them to talk about any of the stuff you mentioned and I wouldn't want them to. Maybe two or three years ago, but now? Not really.

I, and others, gave examples as to why I'm unhappy with the way Leonard and Penny have mostly been portrayed over the last few years, and how we haven't seen them talk about things.  You gave counter examples, once specifically saying they have talked a lot about moving in.  When asked for specifics, you gave them a few, however, those examples weren't Leonard and Penny talking about things as you claimed. 

If you're happy with the way things are going with them, that's great.  Tell us how happy you are.   But if you're going to try to give examples, that aren't what you say they are, then I'm going to point it out.   They've reduced Leonard and Penny's time, while increasing Shamy's, and giving Shamy more in depth plots.  I'm not happy with that, I want to see more of Leonard and Penny,  at least equal to the time they give Shamy, and I'm going to say something about it.    

• Like 7

Again season 3 was Penny's apartment so not a like comparison. Penny have no story about outside friends is a whole another story. While tensor is factually correct and I get what you and fileXxX are saying the real problem I think Lenny fans are having is no real storyline. Even the moving that involves Lenny is combined with Shamy. If they would give them a real storyline it seems to me there would be less complaining

• Like 4

Penny sleeps closest to the door in each bedroom.  Sheldon explained it is a 'power ' move--that's why he is usually on that side of the bed now.  In "Opening Night" he was a 'guest' in her room, so she got the door side.

11 minutes ago, boys3allc said:

On the topic of lack of Lenny moments... I always thought it was because Penny is not "that girl"

I don't think she would care what side of the bed she slept on. If Leonard were to started quibbling about it I picture her just tellung him to hurry up,and choose.

Same with the bathroom stuff. I just don't think she would care? She is easy going. Things like that don't bother her. She's a just do it already kind of person. So that puts Leonard being in the position of being the one who these things are important to. Which the writers already painted Sheldon as the one these things matter too. And Leonard being the "just do it already" of that relationship. 

I'm not sure I understand.  How can Penny be the just do it person, and Leonard be the Just do it person?  And, If it's important for Sheldon, and important for Leonard (or Penny depending on what you mean), why not show how both couples handle it?   Why only show Shamy discussing it, because it's important to Sheldon, and not show Lenny discussing it, because it's important to Leonard (or Penny)?  

So di they start writing Leonard caring more about these things ? Or do they just kind of leave that crap alone in that relatinship. Let the veiwer assume since neither of them seem to care that much a moment did not have to be made about it. 

Then how about they write some moments that are important for Lenny?  Or do you believe they should just show Shamy handles things, and ignore how Lenny handles it, after all it's not important?   

Also in tbe episode where Leonard watched football with Penny's frienfs. That was a get together with people outside of the group. So they already had that moment. No need to explore that again. Like I doubt they will do another Shamy outside the friend group gathering.

I'll point out that football episode was not "Lenny" planning the party.  It was Penny planning the party, asking HER friends over and Leonard was invited, AFTER he found out about it.  How is that Lenny already having that moment?

12 minutes ago, I Miss Dan said:

Penny sleeps closest to the door in each bedroom.  Sheldon explained it is a 'power ' move--that's why he is usually on that side of the bed now.  In "Opening Night" he was a 'guest' in her room, so she got the door side.

And Lenny discussed this, when?  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Tensor said:

When asked for specifics, you gave them a few, however, those examples weren't Leonard and Penny talking about things as you claimed. 

In my opinion they were, in your opinion they were not. Sure they did not exactly talk about the stuff Shamy talked about, but they certainly weren't ignored completely when it comes to living arrangements.

Edited by Tensor
Removed comment telling others what they should post or feel.

Just now, FileXxX said:

In my opinion they were, in your opinion they were not. Sure they did not exactly talk about the stuff Shamy talked about, but they certainly weren't ignored completely when it comes to living arrangements.

Exactly, I specifically asked for examples of them talking about it.  

4 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

Maybe you should consider to stop comparing Leonard and Penny with other couples and focus on the things they have, rather than the things other couples have and Leonard and Penny don't? Just a little advice, I'm not telling you how to feel, but this way you'll never be happy with Lenny, I guarantee you.

Well one thing they don't have is a storyline unless I m supposed to be satisfied with them standing in the kitchen. Apparently you seemed to be pleased with that

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I'm not sure I understand.  How can Penny be the just do it person, and Leonard be the Just do it person?  And, If it's important for Sheldon, and important for Leonard (or Penny depending on what you mean), why not show how both couples handle it?   Why only show Shamy discussing it, because it's important to Sheldon, and not show Lenny discussing it, because it's important to Leonard (or Penny)?  

Then how about they write some moments that are important for Lenny?  Or do you believe they should just show Shamy handles things, and ignore how Lenny handles it, after all it's not important?   

I'll point out that football episode was not "Lenny" planning the party.  It was Penny planning the party, asking HER friends over and Leonard was invited, AFTER he found out about it.  How is that Lenny already having that moment?

And Lenny discussed this, when?  

Cite an example of Leonard specifically caring about the placement if his toothbrush or what side of the bed he sleeps on. He's always been shown to be exasperated by Sheldon caring about these things. Same with Penny she is exasperated by people who quibble about such things.

I never said they were'nt important. I just don't think their charcters care enough to show them. If I for a minute thought they did maybe I would feel differently. Its just everything I've seen up until now leads me to belueve Lenny are both apathetic on those subjects. Penny did'nt even care to plan her own wedding.    Its not a bad thing, she just does'nt care about thst stuff.

I don't remember Shamy planning the party together? I remember Sheldon throwing a brunch without discussing it with Amy at all. Mind you it was an adorable surprise. They just did'nt plan it together.

• Like 1

Focus on the things Lenny do have? Okay fine.

No Screen time

That's it. They got no screen time. You can say tibits their and their is great. But most people are unhappy with the lack of quality screen time Lenny are getting. If your happy with where Lenny are and how they are being written great.. But actually show examples that show this It is clearly Shamy are getting majority screen time when it comes ot the living arrangments. Lenny have barley even discussed living together. Other then last season discussing having kids. Or Penny redecorating Leonard's room. Just dancing and stuff. I don't buy Penny is not that kinda girl. Like Sheldon is that kinda guy, or even Amy lol? It is just lack of balance. My Mum even said she thinks they should of kept it the original 5, because now its just too crowded. Probably right. I am sorry if I want more from Lenny. TPTB are capable I just think they just care about Sheldon now. 

20 minutes ago, boys3allc said:

Cite an example of Leonard specifically caring about the placement if his toothbrush or what side of the bed he sleeps on. He's always been shown to be exasperated by Sheldon caring about these things. Same with Penny she is exasperated by people who quibble about such things.

I never said they were'nt important. I just don't think their charcters care enough to show them. If I for a minute thought they did maybe I would feel differently. Its just everything I've seen up until now leads me to belueve Lenny are both apathetic on those subjects. Penny did'nt even care to plan her own wedding.    Its not a bad thing, she just does'nt care about thst stuff.

I don't remember Shamy planning the party together? I remember Sheldon throwing a brunch without discussing it with Amy at all. Mind you it was an adorable surprise. They just did'nt plan it together.

And Sheldon does? Let alone Amy. It is not the characters, it is the writing. That is an issue. OF course Penny cares, they all do. The writers just choose for all of S8 to ignore they were an engaged couple. And now they have put so much thought and investment into Shamy. And most likely they well get an amazing engagement, and great wedding. Lenny never got originally. Sheldon's intricacies, when it comes ot his toothbrush and what side of the bed he sleeps on. Or Leonard and Penny's similar personalities. Has zero to do with actual living arrangments, and the time they give Lenny to discuss it. Season 7 they showed Lenny care alot, I remember Leonard buying Penny a car. I just think that is an excuse. 

Edited by Tensor
Removed comment directed toward another member.

14 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Well one thing they don't have is a storyline unless I m supposed to be satisfied with them standing in the kitchen. Apparently you seemed to be pleased with that

Sheldon and Amy don't really have a storyline either.

Personally I'm going to kick back and wait on the second half of the season for the good lenny stuff we have been told was going to happen for the last two seasons i have been wondering if the kitchen island gets more time on screen than lenny

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, boys3allc said:

I would, but they've never shown them discussing anything like this.  They've never showed them discussing anything to do with moving in together, and then moved in together.  Their moving in was wholly dependent on Sheldon.  They may not care about such things, but I can't assume they just jumped into bed without at least mentioning it to each other.  

So I have to assume, Leonard and Penny don't care about much of anything, since they don't show them discussing much of anything.  

Did Shamy discuss having a party, before both deciding not to have one and then Sheldon surprising Amy with it?  Did Penny and Leonard discuss having a party, before both deciding not to and then Penny surprising Leonard with it?  Or, did Penny plan the party, without ever discussing it with Leonard and only invited him, after he asked about attending?  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

They do. The whole living arrangements storyline has been about them. Lenny danced in 10.4 and Penny redecorated their bedroom in 10.7, and that was it.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Tensor said:

I would, but they've never shown them discussing anything like this.  They've never showed them discussing anything to do with moving in together, and then moved in together.  Their moving in was wholly dependent on Sheldon.  They may not care about such things, but I can't assume they just jumped into bed without at least mentioning it to each other.  

So I have to assume, Leonard and Penny don't care about much of anything, since they don't show them discussing much of anything.  

Did Shamy discuss having a party, before both deciding not to have one and then Sheldon surprising Amy with it?  Did Penny and Leonard discuss having a party, before both deciding not to and then Penny surprising Leonard with it?  Or, did Penny plan the party, without ever discussing it with Leonard and only invited him, after he asked about attending?  

I'm out... :vampire:

Edited by Tensor
Removed gif.
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Lenny have barley even discussed living together. Other then last season discussing having kids.

Four lines, and a "Yeah someday", isn't what I'd call a discussion about kids.   

Leonard: Me, too. So, you ever think about it?

Penny: Babies? Well, I’m not in a rush but someday, yeah, sure. What about you?

Leonard: I think we’d make amazing parents.

Sheldon: Will you guys keep it down?

Penny: On the other hand, we might lack a certain maturity.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

I noticed you had really in your response.

15 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Focus on the things Lenny do have? Okay fine.

No Screen time

That's it. They got no screen time. You can say tibits their and their is great. But most people are unhappy with the lack of quality screen time Lenny are getting. If your happy with where Lenny are and how they are being written great.. But actually show examples that show this, not just shifting the goal posts to suit your pre conceived notions. It is clearly Shamy are getting majority screen time when it comes ot the living arrangments. Lenny have barley even discussed living together. Other then last season discussing having kids. Or Penny redecorating Leonard's room. Just dancing and stuff. I don't buy Penny is not that kinda girl. Like Sheldon is that kinda guy, or even Amy lol? It is just lack of balance. My Mum even said she thinks they should of kept it the original 5, because now its just too crowded. Probably right. I am sorry if I want more from Lenny. TPTB are capable I just think they just care about Sheldon now. 

And this to me this is why people are not satisfied. If it was quality screen time. Great. If it was quantity of screen time. Great. It's neither.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Judith said:

They do. The whole living arrangements storyline has been about them. Lenny danced in 10.4 and Penny redecorated their bedroom in 10.7, and that was it.

You contradict yourself. The things you mentioned, even if it's not much, are enough to say that it is not entirely about Sheldon and Amy. It's quite obvious that Leonard and Penny are a part of this.

8 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I noticed you had really in your response.

Congratulations?

2 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

You contradict yourself. The things you mentioned, even if it's not much, are enough to say that it is not entirely about Sheldon and Amy. It's quite obvious that Leonard and Penny are a part of this.

But is it 50/50? More like 95/5 in favor of Shamy. And that sort been the argument all along.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, FileXxX said:

And you're beating around the bush. The point is, the storyline has been about Shamy. Lenny haven't been involved enough for this to be theirs. And I wouldn't even count the dancing part.

• Like 1

I'm out of here.

Edited by Tensor
Comment directed at other members removed.