The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

It seems like Penny avoids serious discussions with Leonard. Well except in season one when she told him about the jerks she used to date.

The truth is 

11 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

It seems like Penny avoids serious discussions with Leonard. Well except in season one when she told him about the jerks she used to date.

Not really Season 7 was pretty serious between Lenny all season long, very serious dicussions pretty much every episode. 

ETA: The truth is their is a serious lack of balance between the characters on screen. It is has nothing to do with the writing. Truth is up to the beholder. And how they see it. Leonard and Penny past two episodes, got on average 2 mins of screen time. And most of the time, they are standing behind the kitchen. Or responding to Sheldon's nonsensical rants. I Don't see that as quality. No one is asking for it to suddenly become the Lenny show. It just seems when their was more balance to the show, as far back as Season 6. Lenny were kinda forefront, and Shamy alternative. IT seemed a better balance for all. It just seems everything has been thrown out the window. And they are isolating Sheldon centric stories. Because they beleive he is the biggest draw. That is not one persons truth, but an absolute. IT seems to me based on the amount of screen time Mayim is getting. She deserves a half a million pay rise. And Kaley deserves a half a million pay cut. It is not cost effective, to have Johnny and Kaley sit around do nothing and get payed a million for it. So it prob be more cost effective, to end TBBT this season. And replace it with The Sheldon Cooper Prequel show. But that is JMO. Next episode is next Friday (For us Kiwis). This thread right now probably explains it lol. I also had the opinion I Think the show was better with the original 5. In terms of better flow and sequencing from scene to scene. And better balance. I appreciate Amy and Bermnadette were needed to expand the show. And we woulden't be on a tenth season without them. But does not change this.  

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

Some do believe that Sheldon is the star of the show and it is only right and proper that all stories should center on him. Lenny served their purpose of reacting to Sheldon for 4 years but now we have amy for that so Lenny is now superfluous at best and a distraction at worst taking up time better devoted to SHELDON/Shamy. Most won't flat out say it but they make their bias obvious.

Lenny got a line each and 30 seconds combined on screen I mean come on what more do we want? An actual plot? This may be the last season and Sheldon has to much to work out to waste time on unimportant (non_sheldon) details of the supporting cast. 

Makes me want to light up a Molotov...

Edited by JE7
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

My husband is a casual viewer that occasionally skips episodes.  After seeing Geology Elevation, Amy's line of "Sounds like the night we had coitus." confused him.  

Hubby:. He asks "why" every time they have sex?

Me:. They only had sex once on her birthday last year.

Hubby: (pausing the tv) wait a minute...they now live together, are sleeping in the same bed, make out with each other and according to the show, have been living at Penny's for at least a couple of months now and they haven't f@@ked again yet?

Me:. No.

Hubby:. Bullshit.  

Me: yeah but....

Hubby:. Bullshit.  I might not watch this show as obsessively as you do but let me tell you what I see.  They've both had sex on the brain throughout their however many years of dating without doing anything about it.  She finally dumps his ass because he is one and when he finally gets her back, he nails her before anybody else gets a chance to and makes some stupid remark about doing it next year for her xmas gift...

Me: birthday

Hubby:  Whatever....despite the fact they both said they liked it, they're going to wait a year to do it again?

Me:. (stunned look on my face with nothing to say)

Hubby:. I don't care how weird a guy is.  When we likes something, especially sex, we're going to do it again.  Not wait a whole damn year.  Especially if we're sleeping right next to her every night.  (Gets up in frustration). How the hell can you still like this stupid show...

Its pretty hard to keep defending the writers when the "puppet strings" are even obvious to a casual viewer.

I KNOW RIGHT!?! Its getting impossible to defend this to, well not just the casual viewers, but all sorts of viewers now. My sister watches the show with me and thinks that the shamy relationship is imbalanced. According to her too, Sheldon had sex with Amy just to pacify her for the time being and keep her from leaving him again. Neither has he initiated that again, nor has he pulled out the ring. And as a doctor I'm with her on this one, Sheldon has a lot of Aspergers traits. He loves her truly and can't live without her but its only this far he can go at this speed. And yes, as the writers have hammered upon us, he does not have physical desires like a normal and mentally healthy man. The ring he will pull out for sure, after taking his time, but the fact that he does not feel the need to have sex again just cements the fact that he is not very interested in that part of the relationship.

A logical conclusion to this story would have been if he would fail to control himself and simply do it somewhere in the middle of the year. Or during the first few weeks of the cohabitation at least. He wanted to have sex, but only because he was enamoured by the idea of their super smart progeny. I think this is just poor writing. The writers have a phobia of showing Sheldon have any sort of natural physical desire. I don't know about you all, but the way he was so calm and cool after their first time REALLY irked me. He should have been a little more like amy, it was their first time after all.

The only logical explanation for this is that Sheldon does fit in the Aspergers spectrum somewhere. And we can't really justify this behaviour saying they are not real ppl and its just fiction. If we put it like that then there is nothing to discuss because everything is in the trp hungry writers' hands, and there is no point arguing over anything.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, JE7 said:

Some do believe that Sheldon is the star of the show and it is only right and proper that all stories should center on him. Lenny served their purpose of reacting to Sheldon for 4 years but now we have amy for that so Lenny is now superfluous at best and a distraction at worst taking up time better devoted to SHELDON/Shamy. Most won't flat out say it but they make their bias obvious.

Lenny got a line each and 30 seconds combined on screen I mean come on what more do we want? An actual plot? This may be the last season and Sheldon has to much to work out to waste time on unimportant (non_sheldon) details of the supporting cast. 

Makes me want to light up a Molotov...

That is why replacing TBBT with the Sheldon Show would be perfect!! They can spend time exploring Young Sheldon. And then on the actual show (If they don't get rid of it that is). They can then focus on advancing Shamy. Molotov!!

23 minutes ago, sam25233 said:

I KNOW RIGHT!?! Its getting impossible to defend this to, well not just the casual viewers, but all sorts of viewers now. My sister watches the show with me and thinks that the shamy relationship is imbalanced. According to her too, Sheldon had sex with Amy just to pacify her for the time being and keep her from leaving him again. Neither has he initiated that again, nor has he pulled out the ring. And as a doctor I'm with her on this one, Sheldon has a lot of Aspergers traits. He loves her truly and can't live without her but its only this far he can go at this speed. And yes, as the writers have hammered upon us, he does not have physical desires like a normal and mentally healthy man. The ring he will pull out for sure, after taking his time, but the fact that he does not feel the need to have sex again just cements the fact that he is not very interested in that part of the relationship.

A logical conclusion to this story would have been if he would fail to control himself and simply do it somewhere in the middle of the year. Or during the first few weeks of the cohabitation at least. He wanted to have sex, but only because he was enamoured by the idea of their super smart progeny. I think this is just poor writing. The writers have a phobia of showing Sheldon have any sort of natural physical desire. I don't know about you all, but the way he was so calm and cool after their first time REALLY irked me. He should have been a little more like amy, it was their first time after all.

The only logical explanation for this is that Sheldon does fit in the Aspergers spectrum somewhere. And we can't really justify this behaviour saying they are not real ppl and its just fiction. If we put it like that then there is nothing to discuss because everything is in the trp hungry writers' hands, and there is no point arguing over anything.

Yes I agree. Sheldon slept with Amy to pacify her. IT felt an obligation. But it clearly was not earth shattering. But the inconsistencies erk me too. Sheldon kinda did do it out of fear of loosing Amy. But Sheldon has never ever really talked about it in great length. It just seemed like it was one of his check lists, he ticked a box. Amy she wants more, and I am not sure Sheldon well ever be willing to give hermore. I agree the Shamy relationship is severely imbalanced. But it is what it is. I do agree Sheldon does fit in the aspergers spectrum. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

That is why replacing TBBT with the Sheldon Show would be perfect!! They can spend time exploring Young Sheldon. And then on the actual show (If they don't get rid of it that is). They can then focus on advancing Shamy. Molotov!!

As much as people like to compare TBBT to Friends a Sheldon centered show whether prequel or current day will be comparable to Joey. That is to say it will crash on takeoff.....

And I will gleefully dance around the burning wreckage with a grasshopper in one hand and a Chuck Lorrie Voo Doo doll in the other 

Edited by JE7
  • Like 5

So do we have the date for the airing of 10.10?

Looking forward to Christopher Lloyd. It has been a while since I saw him anything new..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

So do we have the date for the airing of 10.10?

Looking forward to Christopher Lloyd. It has been a while since I saw him anything new..

In the articles advertising him being in the show it's said that CL will be in the episode airing December 1st, but at the moment CBS has not officially released the airing dates for the new episodes scheduled in December.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, mirs1 said:

In the articles advertising him being in the show it's said that CL will be in the episode airing December 1st, but at the moment CBS has not officially released the airing dates for the new episodes scheduled in December.

Thanks for that. Next question. Are they going to do something for Rogue One?

Edited by djsurrey
sp
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Tanks for that. Next question. Are they going to do something for Rouge One?

No news about that at all. Actually, very few news about the show altogether lately (apart from CL being in 10.10), Molaro hasn't given an interview in ages. I think he might give some interviews on the occasion of the baby's birth, which probably is going to happen on the mid-season finale,  and maybe that could be a good opportunity to speak about what's up for the second half of the season. Probably, with the negotiation still going on and the possibility of a Sheldon's spin-off, it is a very delicate period and he is avoiding to speak with journalists to prevent questions about those topics. I was expecting some comments about the "resolution" of the LA conundrum, but nothing. Let's see what happens after tonight taping. Anyway, the show apparently is doing pretty well even without any advertising at all...

Anyway, I think it's unlikely they will mention the movie. In TBBT-time they are still somewhere in October, since Bernie's pregnancy was announced in February, so even if 10.11 airs on December 15th (which is not really sure), it won't be December 15th for them. I don't think it makes much sense to mention the movie after the Holidays Hiatus.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Tanks for that. Next question. Are they going to do something for Rouge One?

L/R/H will go see it while Sheldon mopes because he has to stay home and have sex with Amy again

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tensor said:

It hasn't been ignored?  Can you point to the episode where Lenny discussed what side of the bed they would sleep on (and why they sleep on opposite sides in the different appartments?)  Or, how about the discussion of bathroom rituals at night?  Or, where they discussed the effect of them moving in together in their relationship?   

A "real" couple doesn't have to discuss these things. They just do it. One knows what side your spouse prefers and takes the other. Normal people don't have "bathroom rituals" that need to be negotiated. Sheldon is anal-retentive with a side of OCD. He's the one who requires stuff like this.

8 hours ago, luminous said:

Did Kaley just learn how to give the finger. Recently a lot of her (Instagram) pics (from her or of her), she is giving the (or both) finger(s).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

A "real" couple doesn't have to discuss these things. They just do it. One knows what side your spouse prefers and takes the other. Normal people don't have "bathroom rituals" that need to be negotiated. Sheldon is anal-retentive with a side of OCD. He's the one who requires stuff like this.

Did Kaley just learn how to give the finger. Recently a lot of her (Instagram) pics (from her or of her), she is giving the (or both) finger(s).

That still has nothing to do with a lack of balance between the characters on screen. Whether Lenny is a normal couple. Or Sheldon is anti-retentive. OR Shamy are not a normal couple. I still don't think has anything to do with the majority of screen time Sheldon and Amy get. We have always known Sheldon has OCD. This is not brand new information. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

I was just thinking that. Weird.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

No news about that at all. Actually, very few news about the show altogether lately (apart from CL being in 10.10), Molaro hasn't given an interview in ages. I think he might give some interviews on the occasion of the baby's birth, which probably is going to happen on the mid-season finale,  and maybe that could be a good opportunity to speak about what's up for the second half of the season. Probably, with the negotiation still going on and the possibility of a Sheldon's spin-off, it is a very delicate period and he is avoiding to speak with journalists to prevent questions about those topics. I was expecting some comments about the "resolution" of the LA conundrum, but nothing. Let's see what happens after tonight taping. Anyway, the show apparently is doing pretty well even without any advertising at all...

Many complain about the guy but I miss Molaro's interviews! LOL

• Like 2

3 hours ago, April said:

Many complain about the guy but I miss Molaro's interviews! LOL

I guess he must be busy working on that 'ugh really?' project.

Looks like the episode will be mostly at the hospital and maybe they could have a scene or two of the HBRS/PALS travelling there as well. Once everyone is at the hospital I expect them to switch scenes between them in the waiting room and Howardette in the delivery room.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, No Regrets said:

I was just thinking that. Weird.

I think it's hiliarous. 

Today is the birthday (all right taping day) for Baby Wolowitz. An imaginary congratulation's to the Mother and Father Wolowitz. And to everyone waiting for their blessed milestone!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

Totally agree. 

58 minutes ago, bbtfan07 said:

Today is the birthday (all right taping day) for Baby Wolowitz. An imaginary congratulation's to the Mother and Father Wolowitz. And to everyone waiting for their blessed milestone!

Well said bbtfan07. :good2:

Been enjoying this storyline as this along with the changes to the living situation have added a bit of freshness to the show. Now I am ready to see how Bernie and Howard cope with becoming parents and the impact that it will have on the group going forward, hopefully in a realistic way with there being some negatives but a hell of a lot more positives as well. :)

If this episode focuses mainly or almost entirely on the birth storyline then I have zero problem with it. The show should be giving it some big attention as it will have a significant impact going forward.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, wonder63 said:

I hope Althea the nurse appears in this episode. She has always been my favorite minor character.

LOVE Vernee Watson!!!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

So does that justify Sheldon and Shamy getting the bulk of the storylines just because Lenny is a "real" couple?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, boys3allc said:

Also in tbe episode where Leonard watched football with Penny's friends. That was a get together with people outside of the group. So they already had that moment. No need to explore that again. Like I doubt they will do another Shamy outside the friend group gathering.

That was when, S1 or maybe 2? The discussion was how lately (read after S6) Lenny has been diminished, not overall. The problem a lot of us Lennies have is that they have been diminished and written very poorly lately (in our opinion), which is exacerbated by the fact that we have the "original" Lenny to compare it to. The was Lenny was originally written is what made most of us fall in love with them in the first place.

In regards to what you point out I know that was explored like 8 (or 9) seasons ago. You honestly think it would be overkill to explore it again? I know TPTB don't repeat any situations....oh wait.... hhhmmm no, let me not enumerate them, there are far too many to list.

13 hours ago, FileXxX said:

In my opinion they were, in your opinion they were not. Sure they did not exactly talk about the stuff Shamy talked about, but they certainly weren't ignored completely when it comes to living arrangements.

If they didn't talk about them were there any telepathic discussions we don't know about? Was it something that happened off camera? I only can actually watch what they show, so that's the reason I'm asking.

Edited by Carlos
Spelling
  • Like 5