The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Let's hope for some more developments soon and for the better on many fronts. This forum is a much better place to be around when everyone is pretty much happy and content. 

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, BigBang15 said:

A "real" couple doesn't have to discuss these things. They just do it. One knows what side your spouse prefers and takes the other. Normal people don't have "bathroom rituals" that need to be negotiated. Sheldon is anal-retentive with a side of OCD. He's the one who requires stuff like this.

My wife and I are a real couple and we talked about it, and neither of us are anal-retentive.  My brother and his wife; a couple of my neighbors; and several friends and other people I know have funny stories and/or have related a story, not neccesarily humorous, about it.  And they are all real people. 

And in case it wasn't obvious from a later post, bathroom rituals are not just about voiding.  It's about brushing your teeth, flossing, washing, along with other things one does to get ready for bed and who does what when. As I pointed out later, my wife and I discussed those things, early in our marriage, to the point where we don't talk about it now. 

5 hours ago, FileXxX said:

Totally agree. 

And I totally disagree, simply because I've actually had those conversations. If you and BigBang haven't had these conversations, that's fine, but real people do have them. 

And, of course, as skull points out, what this is really about is the lack of both plots and screen time for my favorite couple.  Others see it also, as even some Shamys have commented on it. If you're happy with their time and plots, that's great and  I'm happy for you and those who agree with you.  If you want to tell us what you like about them, feel free to post that. 

But, those of us that want to see more of them, or some material, we feel, is better than standing behind the island, making snarky comments, will continue to post what we feel is their under utilization. 

3 hours ago, April said:

The post appeared first in the Shamy thread, just FYI.

@Carlos.  This was my fault.  When I moved it, I forgot to take out the Shamy thread. Comment.  I've hidden yours and Aprils comments. 

• Like 4

What I like about Lenny this season resp. my favorite Lenny moments this season:

I quote myself...

On 7.11.2016 at 9:25 AM, luminous said:

[...] Of course I can only speak for myself and maybe I'm pleased to easily, but there were already quite a few Lenny moments so far I'm excited about. I love the redo ceremony in the season premiere, I love the Lenny dance and the TLC Penny is giving Leoanrd after he tried to do the worm in episode 10x04. I love the Lenny fist bump, when Penny says "Yeah. You tell 'em babe" after the ironic banter from Leonard at the beginning of episode 10x05. Those moments only last seconds, but I love them. Or when Penny says "I think it's hot" in regard to Leonard's change maker in episode 10x06. And just last week in episode 10x07 at the end. The mutual ILY's and the kiss. I love, love, love it. It's so rare for us to hear Penny saying "I love you" to Leonard, that I really treasure these moments. Again, only seconds of screentime, but so valuable for me. :shy:
And hey...the Lenny sex dungeon, even if it's just a Sheldon dream...this short scene with Penny clad as dominatrix is already a highlight of the entire series for me. :shy:

What I don't like about Lenny this season:

lack of plots, lack of screen time, stupid "he wore me down" jokes, too much standing behind the kitchen island again for my liking (but that's just a minor flaw for me)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, there a lot of things I like so far and some things I really don't like. But the things I like outweigh the things i don't like. Simply more balance in plots and screen time and I'm probably pretty much perfectly happy. :icon_wink:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

My wife and I are a real couple and we talked about it, and neither of us are anal-retentive.  My brother and his wife; a couple of my neighbors; and several friends and other people I know have funny stories and/or have related a story, not neccesarily humorous, about it.  And they are all real people. 

And in case it wasn't obvious from a later post, bathroom rituals are not just about voiding.  It's about brushing your teeth, flossing, washing, along with other things one does to get ready for bed and who does what when. As I pointed out later, my wife and I discussed those things, early in our marriage, to the point where we don't talk about it now. 

I said "doesn't have to", I didin't say "can't". Some couples do, some don't. Lenny don't. Shamy do ... and in writing most likely. After tense negotiations.

11 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

I said "doesn't have to", I didin't say "can't". 

I didn't say you said can't.  I gave examples and said real people do have these conversations.  

11 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

Some couples do, some don't. 

Of course, I said if you (and File) haven't had these conversations, and you're basing your comments on this experience there's nothing wrong with it.  But, based on my experiences, they have had those conversations.  

12 minutes ago, BigBang15 said:

Lenny don't. Shamy do ... and in writing most likely. After tense negotiations.

Lenny don't?  Based on what?  That it wasn't shown?   The result is the same, if Lenny does and they just don't show it, right?    I can see Lenny, after Leonard asks and Penny answers, or Penny tells him, and he agrees, much as Amy did.  But that's still a discussion.  

People here are allowed to voice their unhappiness over the show and people are allowed to voice their happiness with the show.  And, as has been pointed out, some people are unhappy with they way Lenny has been depicted lately.  This is just an example where TPTB have shown Shamy interactions, and not Lenny.  

• Like 2

I think that the writers should be able to write something more important or meatier for Lenny, than just dancing in their underwear. There are nothing wrong with the dancing scene, but it has nothing to do with the living arrangements 

• Like 4

Wouldn't it be a good time at the taping tonight for Lenny to discuss again about having a baby?

3 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

Wouldn't it be a good time at the taping tonight for Lenny to discuss again about having a baby?

I think that it would be a really good time for Lenny to discuss a having a baby again. 

Do we really think it's gonna happen ? No way, if you ask me.

• Like 1

Yeah, with Kaley being off on Friday, I just don't see it.  As much as I love Lenny, the majority of the taping and show should ( and I have a feeling will) concentrate on the Wolowitzs. 

20 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

That would be fun, but I think the writers would rather allocate the diapers stories to a more minor couple. Lenny doesn't even have a house yet and that would destroy the Lenny/Shamy relationship by having them move out of the building. Though I could still see Leonard and Sheldon living next door to each other in identical houses with interconnecting back yards helping raise each others children. And to Sheldon's annoyance, all of his kids growing up acting like Penny because they love her so much.  Pardon the musing, but what do you think? 

• Like 1

Okay, I get the desperate desire to basically want any story scrap you can get for Lenny. Really. You know I'd sign any petition that calls for more balances screen time/stories among the cast.

But negotiations about who gets what bedside and bathroom schedules or whatever don't really strike me as a "Lenny thing". The two of them have been spending many many nights together (bow chicka bow wow etc etc) before they even thought about moving in together - if any discussion about such matters would have happened it would have been back in S3 or so (which still wouldn't help you with your current desire for more stories). But as others have said: Not every couple is actually doing that. Lenny being probably one those is not a big deal. We didn't get Howardette arguing about such things either, for example.

Anyway, what I always thought would be an important point for Lenny specifically is them merging their very different households together. Leonard with his geeky stuff vs. Penny and her girly style. And this is exactly what we get with their part of the LA story. Now that 4A is their designated apartment it's about getting more of Penny's stuff into Leonard's space which causes a bit of conflict cause Penny is not a fan of Leonard's silly toys and all that. But Leonard is willing to make her feel welcome and at home and thus he gives her a carte blanche to redecorate the bedroom - which he seems to regret a tiny bit but they'll surely figure it out and find their balance. <3

So yeah, I think in the end it's mostly about what kind of story makes the most sense for those characters at that particular point in their relationship.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, bbtfan07 said:

That would be fun, but I think the writers would rather allocate the diapers stories to a more minor couple. Lenny doesn't even have a house yet and that would destroy the Lenny/Shamy relationship by having them move out of the building. Though I could still see Leonard and Sheldon living next door to each other in identical houses with interconnecting back yards helping raise each others children. And to Sheldon's annoyance, all of his kids growing up acting like Penny because they love her so much.  Pardon the musing, but what do you think? 

Not that I think it's going to happen, but Lenny could perfectly well fit a kid in Sheldon's old room.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Not that I think it's going to happen, but Lenny could perfectly well fit a kid in Sheldon's old room.

That would be my answer to that question too. A baby wouldn't need a back yard. I don't see any kid on the show, even Howdette's, getting out of diapers.

15 minutes ago, April said:

Anyway, what I always thought would be an important point for Lenny specifically is them merging their very different households together. Leonard with his geeky stuff vs. Penny and her girly style. And this is exactly what we get with their part of the LA story. Now that 4A is their designated apartment it's about getting more of Penny's stuff into Leonard's space which causes a bit of conflict cause Penny is not a fan of Leonard's silly toys and all that. But Leonard is willing to make her feel welcome and at home and thus he gives her a carte blanche to redecorate the bedroom - which he seems to regret a tiny bit but they'll surely figure it out and find their balance. <3

So yeah, I think in the end it's mostly about what kind of story makes the most sense for those characters at that particular point in their relationship.

I don't disagree with your  logic but whatever happened at the last taping in regards to their stuff is in IMO the last you're going to hear about it.

28 minutes ago, Tensor said:

Yeah, with Kaley being off on Friday, I just don't see it.  As much as I love Lenny, the majority of the taping and show should ( and I have a feeling will) concentrate on the Wolowitzs. 

While I agree with Howdette being the majority of the episode what I don't want to see is another Sheldon fear of hospitals storyline. That's been beaten to death enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lagernisse said:

I think that the writers should be able to write something more important or meatier for Lenny, than just dancing in their underwear. There are nothing wrong with the dancing scene, but it has nothing to do with the living arrangements 

The writers could if they wanted to I think. Instead L/P seem to get passed over as the more "normal" couple.

Edited by djsurrey

Are any couples on this show normal? Compared to other shows LOL. You are right Tptb could balance things more. Expand the domestication of Lenny living together. Normal or Abnormal. They are all humans in committed relationships. So really is their differences between the couples, fundamentally. I just like you said the writers selectively choose not to. I really think people's depiction of Lenny and where they are at is based on your experience. Of the show, and how you relate to it. Based on your own real life experiences.

Like Tensor said he and his wife talk about toothbrushes, arrangements etc. And they are not anal retentive . Me? I am a single 28 year old guy. So my only experience is watching since the pilot. And my own presumptions. Like many I watched a Lenny from 1x01. So based on your level of investment. The reason ppl are so disgruntled with Lenny, and maybe why some are trying to argue it's not that bad. Is ppl have something to compare it too.

Their is a glaring difference in the quality of the writing of Lenny from s1-7 and s8-10. And it is not necessarily quantity of screen time. I don't care if they got 10 seconds. It's the quality of it. Regardless if say Shamy got 7 mins and Lenny 7 seconds. It seems the writers put more thought processing into the quality of Shamy scenes. I don't know if it's because they are such A off beat , unconventional couple. Lenny comparatively are more I wouldn't say conventional. But more structured in a way. So they enjoy it. Lenny worked hard for their happiness. So they just put them in the background. Who knows. But their plots are more in depth. They have had tons of bed scenes. Pillow talk used to be Lennys trademark.

Now it seems it's Shamy. Ppl don't like how far they have been diminished, because they have something to compare it too. Penny's "I wish you weren't going" S2 final ..Were a hallmark with what made this show so appealing to so many ppl in the first place. Without sounding corny. It was like ET, weird , eccentric, kinda nerdy . But it had heart. Some ppl miss that from this show. If one is fine where the shows at in terms of Lenny, great. But a lot aren't , and they should be allowed to voice that. Jmo.

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, bbtfan07 said:

Yes ! I've been thinking for a couple of years now they'll end up neighbours, albeit  quite unintentionally at first, with each couple choosing a house independently. It's a cul-de-sac of new houses.  There are three or four designs to choose from. We the viewers see them looking at the exhibition and going round show houses but on different days. Neither couple knows the other has bought the neighbouring one until they move in. It wouldn't be surprising their tastes in housing are similar, considering how they've all lived in one another's pockets for years. Shamy's is a bit bigger because one of Sheldon's eccentric great-uncles leaves him a lot of money. They use Shamy's extra downstairs room as a gathering-place for the gang, alternating with Howardette's living room. Raj has gone back to Cambridge or New Delhi and appears on the screen to join them, eating fish and chips. Stuart has given up selling comic books and become successful enough as a portrait artist and illustrator to buy a starter home on the opposite side of the cul-de-sac to Lenny and Shamy.

FYI the taping is a half hour earlier tonight because of the Thanksgiving holiday this week. I had a standby ticket but couldn't go. Fingers crossed we get some spoilers tonight!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Yes ! I've been thinking for a couple of years now they'll end up neighbours, albeit  quite unintentionally at first, with each couple choosing a house independently. It's a cul-de-sac of new houses.  There are three or four designs to choose from. We the viewers see them looking at the exhibition and going round show houses but on different days. Neither couple knows the other has bought the neighbouring one until they move in. It wouldn't be surprising their tastes in housing are similar, considering how they've all lived in one another's pockets for years. Shamy's is a bit bigger because one of Sheldon's eccentric great-uncles leaves him a lot of money. They use Shamy's extra downstairs room as a gathering-place for the gang, alternating with Howardette's living room. Raj has gone back to Cambridge or New Delhi and appears on the screen to join them, eating fish and chips. Stuart has given up selling comic books and become successful enough as a portrait artist and illustrator to buy a starter home on the opposite side of the cul-de-sac to Lenny and Shamy.

I also see Sheldon having a family room that matched the living area of apartment 4A even years after he moved out.

The two main couples may not have families, so that may not happen. Show could end with an open ended finalie. Where Penny is pregnant, Shamy are a gray area. And it leaves the audience up to them. Like said, the show could easily wrap it up in one episode. So that is a distinct possiblity 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

the show could easily wrap it up in one episode.

yup. It's just a sitcom. I don't think there ever was a grand plan  beyond making people laugh and come back for more.

• Like 2

We have an answer on the broadcast dates for December.   December 1st will be 1010: The Property Division Collision.  On Thursday December 8th, a repeat of 1002 The Military Miniaturization will be broadcast.  Leaving December 15th as the air date for 1011 (taping tonight).  There are some repeats on Mondays and on Thanksgiving.  Full update schedule can be reached by clicking on the link in my signature.  

• Like 6