The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

12 minutes ago, Tensor said:

We have an answer on the broadcast dates for December.   December 1st will be 1010: The Property Division Collision.  On Thursday December 8th, a repeat of 1002 The Military Miniaturization will be broadcast.  Leaving December 15th as the air date for 1011 (taping tonight).  There are some repeats on Mondays and on Thanksgiving.  Full update schedule can be reached by clicking on the link in my signature.  

Makes sense. A bit of a cliffhanger before the mid season finale.

1 minute ago, Chrismo said:

Makes sense. A bit of a cliffhanger before the mid season finale.

It's unusual to split up the dates in December though.  They usually skip Thanksgiving and the first Thursday of December and broadcast the second and third.  Or, depending on the way Thursday falls, they skip Thanksgiving, and broadcast the first two weeks of December.  Although they have broadcast only one show in December before.  Season five had a show on the 8th (like we have now) and that was it.  

5 minutes ago, Tensor said:

It's unusual to split up the dates in December though.  They usually skip Thanksgiving and the first Thursday of December and broadcast the second and third.  Or, depending on the way Thursday falls, they skip Thanksgiving, and broadcast the first two weeks of December.  Although they have broadcast only one show in December before.  Season five had a show on the 8th (like we have now) and that was it.  

It seems they can advertise on Thanksgiving day during football an upcoming big moment on TBBT the following Thursday. No new episode December 1st and many IMO will think just to start watching again in January. In theory tonight's taping could relate to the Holidays.

3 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

In theory tonight's taping could relate to the Holidays.

It could, but since we got the taping report and Bernadette's water breaks in the tag, I'm betting it's the birth episode.  Which would be a good event ending the first half of the season.  Similar to the Shamy coitus ending the first half last year.  

Just now, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Maybe Bernadette gives Birth on Christmas or a couple days before? 

I highly doubt Bernie's pregnancy will be 10-11 months long....

2 minutes ago, Tensor said:

It could, but since we got the taping report and Bernadette's water breaks in the tag, I'm betting it's the birth episode.  Which would be a good event ending the first half of the season.  Similar to the Shamy coitus ending the first half last year.  

I agree it's the birth episode but I don't think the entire episode will be just about that

3 minutes ago, ShamyBabboos said:

I highly doubt Bernie's pregnancy will be 10-11 months long....

I think real time and TBBT time aren't always the same.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

I agree it's the birth episode but I don't think the entire episode will be just about that

I think real time and TBBT time aren't always the same.

Well Bernie said she was pregnant on Valentine's Day (because that's when she wanted to tell Howard)... so... if she were to give birth in December she'd be WAY overdue lol

So it's most likely October in TBBT time right now.

Edited by ShamyBabboos
  • Like 2

Bernie said she conceived in Sheldons bed when he and Amy were still broken up and that would have been at least early december maybe

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoRo said:

Bernie said she conceived in Sheldons bed when he and Amy were still broken up and that would have been at least early december maybe

Yes that what  had always thought.  Bernadette would not have known she was Pregnant at less then 4 or 5 Weeks at least. 

SPOILERS

So..

Shamy do have sex on her birthday.

Bernie's baby is a girl

but.., DO THE WRITER'S KNOW HOW PREGNANCY WORKS? 10 months? At least? Um....

• Like 4

I figure she has been pregnant for about 11 months now, but only 9 months in tv time

Just now, RoRo said:

I figure she has been pregnant for about 11 months now, but only 9 months in tv time

I'd usually understand that. But the labor takes place on Amy's birthday which is December 17th.... 

• Like 1

Exactly sit back and enjoy!! I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First babies are usually late...not this late, but late.  :icon_wink:

Thats the spirit!!! Lol....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, ShamyBabboos said:

I'd usually understand that. But the labor takes place on Amy's birthday which is December 17th.... 

2 months is nothing in tv land. I don't see the big deal. 

Edited by 3ku11

It could be on Amy's birthday. Amy Penny Deborah Wolowitz??? That's better than "Raj" which Amy is supposed to name all their kids.

Edited by bbtfan07

15 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

2 months is nothing in tv land. I don't see the big deal. 

So in TV land it's possible for a woman to be pregnant 11 months? A show that tries to be scientifically accurate (to its best ability)... The general viewers won't care or even notice, but TPTB know that they have very dedicated viewers that know that it's way off. Plus, I've seen many a forum-user nitpick less important stuff :) Like Leonard's snoring and his dislike of lemon bars.

You can say she's been pregnant for 9 months in TV land, but she's been pregnant since before Valentine's Day (in TV land) and it's now December 17th (in TV land). Just doesn't add up. 

Edited by ShamyBabboos
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, ShamyBabboos said:

So in TV land it's possible for a woman to be pregnant 11 months? A show that tries to be scientifically accurate (to its best ability)... The general viewers won't care or even notice, but TPTB know that they have very dedicated viewers that know that it's way off. Plus, I've seen many a forum-user nitpick less important stuff :) Like Leonard's snoring and his dislike of lemon bars.

You can say she's been pregnant for 9 months in TV land, but she's been pregnant since before Valentine's Day (in TV land) and it's now December 17th (in TV land). Just doesn't add up. 

And they can't even pretend Amy's birthday is on early November and they went not to the SW worldwide premiere but to an early screening, since there was a Thanksgiving episode last year, and Shamy were still broken up by then...Seriously, this time they messed up so much with basic human biology that it is somehow spoiling the enjoyment of the baby's birth and, of course, of Shamy's Coitus 2.0.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

And they can't even pretend Amy's birthday is on early November and they went not to the SW worldwide premiere but to an early screening, since there was a Thanksgiving episode last year, and Shamy were still broken up by then...Seriously, this time they messed up so much with basic human biology that it is somehow spoiling the enjoyment of the baby's birth and, of course, of Shamy's Coitus 2.0.

EXACTLY. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy Shamy finally "did the do" again, but just last week most of us were under the assumption that Bernadette would give birth October/November because, well... we kept track of that stuff regardless of it being TV land... and suddenly it's Amy's birthday? I'd rather skip the 9.11/10.11 anniversary and have Shamy coitus next year than have inaccurate timelines when it came to simple biology.

The fact that TPTB have made it clear that Bernadette knew she was pregnant prior to the Valentine's episode (which aired February 11th but takes place on the 14th) and just now giving birth on Amy's birthday (as stated, December 17th), just annoys me. Am I nitpicking? Absolutely, but I think it's for good reason considering it was such a significant plot unlike nose surgeries, lemon bars and other things we could nitpick about.

Edited by ShamyBabboos
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, ShamyBabboos said:

EXACTLY. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy Shamy finally "did the do" again, but just last week most of us were under the assumption that Bernadette would give birth October/November because, well... we kept track of that stuff regardless of it being TV land... and suddenly it's Amy's birthday? I'd rather skip the 9.11/10.11 anniversary and have coitus next year than have inaccurate timelines when it came to simple biology.

The fact that TPTB have made it clear that Bernadette knew she was pregnant prior to the Valentine's episode (which aired February 11th but takes place on the 14th) and just now giving birth on Amy's birthday (as stated, December 17th), just annoys me. Am I nitpicking? Absolutely, but I think it's for good reason considering it was such a significant plot unlike nose surgeries, lemon bars and other things we could nitpick about.

I agree, had the dates not been so clear by the context, I would have been fine about that. But you can't choose Valentine's day for announcing the pregnancy and a very well known movie's release date as Amy's birthday (with no possibility for the birthday to be set in November due to the fact Shamy were clearly broken up on Thanksgiving) and then not expect viewers (and in particular your dedicated fans) to make this simple calculation right...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 9

Just now, mirs1 said:

I agree, had the dates not been so clear by the context, I would have been fine about that. But you can't choose Valentine's day for announcing the pregnancy and a very well known movie's release date as Amy's birthday (with no possibility the birthday to happen in November) and then not expect viewers (and in particular your dedicated fans) to make this simple calculation right...

If TPTB didn't want [dedicated] fans to nitpick the timeline, they shouldn't have had specific dates for the pregnancy announcement and then the birth.

• Like 7

As I said in Chat This is TV not the Real World. Most TV Shows don't follow Real World Math and Reality. 

This has happen on many, many, many TV Shows.  It not unusual 

There was only 1 Month between the Episode Lucy told Ricky she was Pregnant and the Episode she had Little Ricky! There was 13 Months between Roseanne. Even Darlene didn't quit make sense even so she had a Premature Baby. 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

11 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

They are not big on continuity.

These are not topics I'd be getting excited about regardless if they get details right or wrong. It could still be funny.

• Like 1