The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

6 minutes ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

As I said in Chat This is TV not the Real World. Most TV Shows don't follow Real World Math and Reality. 

This has happen on many, many, many TV Shows. It not really a big deal 

There was only 1 Month between the Episode Lucy told Ricky she was Pregnant and the Episode she had Little Ricky! There was 13 Months between Roseanne. Even Darlene didn't quit make sense even so she had a Premature Baby. 

But the difference is that Roseanne and Lucy didn't tell the viewers SPECIFIC DATES when they announced their pregnancy vs when they gave birth. They time jumped (or slowed time down) most likely.  TBBT did give us specific dates... (before February 14th and ON December 17th)

Hell, if Bernie's baby was (and is) born on December 17th and if I did my math correctly, that means she SHOULD HAVE been conceived around 'March 26th. Way off after Valentine's day.... 

Edited by ShamyBabboos
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, ShamyBabboos said:

But the difference is that Roseanne and Lucy didn't tell the viewers SPECIFIC DATES when they got pregnant vs when they gave birth. They time jumped  TBBT did give us specific dates...

Did you not read what I just said? There was ONE MONTH between time Lucy found out she was Pregnant and gave birth. 

And Roseanne Had TWO HALLOWEEN Episodes where she was Pregnant in both!! How does that make sense.  Darlene baby was Premature but she became Pregnant in March and gave birth in February.  There was a Christmas episode in between. again Does not make sense. Go tell Roseanne fans it normal they will disagree 

Edited by MTBigBangTheoryFan

This is a show which has always been proud of having its science straight, they even make a real physicist  write the equations on the guys' boards in their apartment and at work to be sure they are correct. Human biology is science, and the length of a pregnancy is actually something you don't need an accurate scientific background to know about. 

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 8

7 hours ago, MTBigBangTheoryFan said:

Did you not read what I just said? There was ONE MONTH between time Lucy found out she was Pregnant and gave birth. 

And Roseanne Had TWO HALLOWEEN Episodes where she was Pregnant in both!! How does that make sense.  Darlene baby was Premature but she became Pregnant in March and gave birth in February.  There was a Christmas episode in between. again Does not make sense. Go tell Roseanne fans it normal they will disagree 

EYou also made your statement unclear. TO ME, I read it as "13 months" as in the pregnancy took over 1 season. I have also never seen Roseanne, so how would I have known that there were 2 halloween episodes? So sorry I'm not familiar with every episode of every sitcom ever? I also thought you meant "1 month" as in 1 month IRL vs 1month in TV-time. Again. Sorry

I'm just saying that TBBT gave us specific dates as far as the ANNOUNCEMENT AND BIRTH go. I can't speak for Roseanne or Lucy, but I can speak for TBBT.

Edited by Tensor
Removed comment directed at another member
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Bernie is giving birth in mid-December, having conceived sometime in January (if not earlier)?

You have to hand it to the woman. For someone so famously short-tempered, she has handled an eleven month pregnancy like a CHAMPION. They say motherhood changes people, but did anyone think the milk of human kindness would get THIS much of a jump-start?

Writers, I understand there are books (with pictures!) that will tell you everything you need to know about typical gestation periods. Hint: If they include 'eleven months', you're looking at the wrong species.

Poor Bernie, heroically enduring an elephantine gestation for the sake of that one 'sex once a year' gag.

Perhaps they'll explain it later.  The February whisper in the Valentine's episode was a false alarm. The pregnancy didn't begin until March and all the fuss they made didn't take place until April. The mobiles over the cot include not only zebras but flying pigs.

• Like 2

For  a show that values scientific accuracy, I'm supposed to believe that NOBODY on the writing staff could be bothered to Google a due date calculator?

The absolute earliest that Bernie could've taken a pregnancy test is 10 days after possible conception, which I don't think happened because it was implied that Baby Walowitz was a surprise. Even so, that would put the due date at October 27th. Babies are considered term at +/- 2 weeks from that 40 week mark.

• Like 4

Am I the only one who does not care about them getting the due date wrong? I mean I just watch to laugh. I understand while it maybe an issue, just does not bother me. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Am I the only one who does not care about them getting the due date wrong? I mean I just watch to laugh. I understand while it maybe an issue, just does not bother me. 

And I don't care if Leonard likes lemon bars or not...everybody is different, I guess!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

To quote Sheldon: "You know what this is? Yeah, and I reserve this word for those rare instances when it's truly deserved. This is malarkey!" :shy:

• Like 9

Everybody getting all bent out of shape over the timing in the B plot lol

We all know this baby thing will take all of 2 maybe 3 minutes of airtime the BIG STORY is Sheldon giving Amy her yearly dose of Sheldon lovin, I mean what could possibly compare to that

sarcasm.gif.fb1974982230c285501a0340573469eb.gif

Edited by JE7
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

And I don't care if Leonard likes lemon bars or not...everybody is different, I guess!

Lemon Gate!! Lol. Penny is such a bad wife, tsk tsk. Point taken. I was just agree with the notion, Bernadette giving birth is a B Plot. Who really cares huh. That is just me though. 

• Like 1

OMG are you really starting to complain before we know all the details.

You are just upset it's not the Lenny show anymore.

I think and hope this episode will focus mostly on the birth of the little Howardette.

3 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Lemon Gate!! Lol. Penny is such a bad wife, tsk tsk. Point taken. I was just agree with the notion, Bernadette giving birth is a B Plot. Who really cares huh. That is just me though. 

Aw, dear Skull...:icon_razz:

yssh.gif

LOL

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chiany said:

Not at all. Some are just upset about the perpetual Sheldon Show!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, April said:

If this fucking show is really making Bernie have a 11-12 months pregnancy for this BS joke I'll have the urge to write a strongly worded email to Molaro.

I rather would have waited another episode or two to get to Amy's birthday than this. This show makes sure to get science in-jokes right that maybe 0.5% of their audience understand - but they don't think people can count down 9 months??? WTF!??!??!

Now all of this can easily be saved by cutting any mention of Amy's birthday. So... any chance of that being possible?

As far as I know.. nope. They specifically make it known that it's Amy's birthday as Sheldon also gives her a birthday present. (which might have just been the coitus. But birthday is definitely mentioned)

• Like 2

I would like to thank the person who went to the taping and provided the spoiler tidbits though. Sincerely. :shy: I hope they don't feel any hostility here. But I agree, with most of you. I would have no problem if Shamy had sex in January 2017, but I'm not willing to buy Bernie having an 11-12 months pregnancy LOLZ. 

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, ShamyBabboos said:

As far as I know.. nope. They specifically make it known that it's Amy's birthday as Sheldon also gives her a birthday present. (which might have just been the coitus. But birthday is definitely mentioned)

Yeah, but if it's just mentioned they can cut  the line, that's what I'm getting at. If Sheldon decorated 4B with balloons and a huge Happy Birthday banner then that's pretty fixed by comparison. You know what I mean?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, April said:

Yeah, but if it's just mentioned they can cut  the line, that's what I'm getting at. If Sheldon decorated 4B with balloons and a huge Happy Birthday banner then that's pretty fixed by comparison. You know what I mean?

Oh gotcha! And they might.. but then they'd need to explain why Sheldon is breaking the "coitus only on Amy's birthday" rule...

14 minutes ago, Chiany said:

OMG are you really starting to complain before we know all the details.

I think and hope this episode will focus mostly on the birth of the little Howardette.

:icon_rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, April said:

If this fucking show is really making Bernie have a 11-12 months pregnancy for this BS joke I'll have the urge to write a strongly worded email to Molaro.

I rather would have waited another episode or two to get to Amy's birthday than this. This show makes sure to get science in-jokes right that maybe 0.5% of their audience understand - but they don't think people can count down 9 months??? WTF!??!??!

Now all of this can easily be saved by cutting any mention of Amy's birthday. So... any chance of that being possible?

You know that is why they did it :sarcastichand:

• Like 1

Need more details but first impressions are that they are stupid for linking the two events of Amy's birthday and the baby birth. I did raise the possibility that they could drag the pregnancy out longer than real life because this is a tv show and tv shows can do unrealistic things, but I am kind of surprised they went there with this. Like others have said this is a show for the most part that prides itself on scientific accuracy and yet they have a non human gestation period? lol

So by the looks of it they went there with that stupid and silly once a year gag? Fine I can live with that, but I am hoping that after their second time it becomes more frequent and we don't have to wait until December season 11 for a third time. God imagine if they add another once a year gag in this one again?

Like others have said I would have prefered an episode separation of the two plots, birth this episode and coitus 2.0 in the next one.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jonny said:

Need more details but first impressions are that they are stupid for linking the two events of Amy's birthday and the baby birth. I did raise the possibility that they could drag the pregnancy out longer than real life because this is a tv show and tv shows can do unrealistic things, but I am kind of surprised they went there with this. Like others have said this is a show for the most part that prides itself on scientific accuracy and yet they have a non human gestation period? lol

So by the looks of it they went there with that stupid and silly once a year gag? Fine I can live with that, but I am hoping that after their second time it becomes more frequent and we don't have to wait until December season 11 for a third time. God imagine if they add another once a year gag in this one again?

Like others have said I would have prefered an episode separation of the two plots, birth this episode and coitus 2.0 in the next one.

I guess the question is well casuals notice the difference. Like would Joe Blog watch the episode, and go hmmm they got the due date wrong. Or well they laugh at the one liner? Probably the latter. 

1 minute ago, luminous said:

A little bit loosening up :icon_wink:

Lol Johnny swore he would never partake in selfies.