The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

7 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

:icon_rolleyes:

You know that is why they did it :sarcastichand:

Perhaps it's one of Sheldon's gestures, hoping to make up for the over-the-top quasi 1940s movies attempted seduction scene. He wants to show he's randy for her and not just trying to change her mind about undiscussed reproduction, so he rigs everything up for a pretend birthday as a hint. One can but hope.

Edited by joyceraye
inserting a missing word
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, joyceraye said:

Perhaps it's one of Sheldon's gestures, hoping to make up for the over-the-top 1940s movies attempted seduction scene. He wants to show he's randy for her and not just trying to change her mind about undiscussed reproduction, so he rigs everything up for a pretend birthday as a hint. One can but hope.

I think everyone in this thread are in the same boat. That is the official mantra of the current state of the show heh. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

The only way that would sense to me, is that they're interrupted by Lenny banging on the door.  Sheldon goes, half-dressed, to the door.  Lenny says they hope they weren't interrupting anything.  Sheldon says they were as he was about to give Amy her birthday gift.  Lenny point out that it's not her birthday for another two months, Sheldon says he's giving it to her early because he couldn't wait any longer.  Lenny say he has to wait as Bernie's gone into labour and then one of them yells out "Amy get dressed, Bernie's in labour!".  Then we hear the sound of someone falling out of bed as she scrambles to get dressed.

But I don't think they'll do that.

What a wonderful idea, this would be perfect! --> So I certainly don't think they'll do that;-)

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

The only way that would sense to me, is that they're interrupted by Lenny banging on the door.  Sheldon goes, half-dressed, to the door.  Lenny says they hope they weren't interrupting anything.  Sheldon says they were as he was about to give Amy her birthday gift.  Lenny point out that it's not her birthday for another two months, Sheldon says he's giving it to her early because he couldn't wait any longer.  Lenny say he has to wait as Bernie's gone into labour and then one of them yells out "Amy get dressed, Bernie's in labour!".  Then we hear the sound of someone falling out of bed as she scrambles to get dressed.

Haha, great imagination. And now you have to go back to the writer’s room. :shy:

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

That would work. We can but hope.

• Like 2

So Howardette had a baby girl? That's what I had hoped for them when we first learnt about the pregnancy.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, shamour said:

What a wonderful idea, this would be perfect! --> So I certainly don't think they'll do that;-)

I'm hoping for that as well! 

It would definitely calm my nit-picky mind ;)

• Like 6

Thanks so much to anyone who provided spoilers! I guess it was in the chat (haven't been there unfortunately) or has anyone actually written a small taping report? I only read in the Shamy thread that Shamy was interrupted during coitus 2.0 but resumed it later (good to hear those closure issues are being put to good use lol), so that was probably due to Bernie's birth (although I really don't understand why anyone else apart from Howard should have to be present there)? Not wanting to sound like needy baby greedy baby but has anyone more details on the whole ep (e.g. the title)?

Edited by shamour
  • Like 2

For the first impressions about what happened in taping, I am a bit disapointed about the lack of pregnancy time accurancy. Why am I not happy with that?

Because this show earlier was so accurate about science stuff , one of the things that me draw to the show and got me as an obssessed fan. The language used to explain science was used to be one that everybody could get their intentions behind physics laws or simply by the Schrödinger cat experiment and make people laugh about that. And learning too, as learning is always useful and fun.

Because I work in science field and always pleased me that they could show to everyone that science is cool and is something that everyone is able to understand because science is in all things we do in our lives.

And then, a pregnancy, a biologist process that most of people , even those that dont have or dont care about children know the basics, the show fails!

Disapointing! :(

And for a sake of a stupid "Sex once in a year" joke? Molaro and ca, I really waited more from you...

I would prefer that shamy had coitus in second half of this season than had it linked to the  bigest inconsistency timeline of one of the most importante biologist process of nature.

End of rant.

Going to find the possible opimistic facts of all this mess...

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Vittoria Jacoel said:

Guys we don't know anything!calm down!be patient and wait!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

There is no such thing as "calm" in this forum. Sadly, your words are wasted on the group.

28 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

Seriously, if this is Sheldon being randy again like "Let's just pretend it's your birthday - here's your present!" then that would put a different and rather funny spin to it.

I'm eagerly waiting for more details!

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, April said:

Seriously, if this is Sheldon being randy again like "Let's just pretend it's your birthday - here's your present!" then that would put a different and rather funny spin to it.

Same here. And it was realy good that they finished what was interrupted in first place, lol! :wink:

I have to say I am very glad for the baby girl. Cant wait to see Howard's face :wub:

And last but now least, thank you so much for who provided the spoilers! This fandom rocks!

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, April said:

Perhaps they could use it as their ‘phrase’ of doing it.  Like ‘Do you want your birthday gift tonight?’  or ‘You can give me another birthday gift now.’ or ‘Let’s celebrate my birthday again!”

• Like 4

There is no such thing as "calm" in this forum. Sadly, your words are wasted on the group.

I know.The only thing that I don't want to see so bad critics without knowing the plot of the complete episode!we must trust the writers!

5 minutes ago, Vittoria Jacoel said:

I know.The only thing that I don't want to see so bad critics without knowing the plot of the complete episode!we must trust the writers!

:sarcastichand:. Sorry after the S8 finalie. I wouldent trust them as far as I could throw them, which is not far. 

But its just Sex. Whether Shamy do it next episode. Amy's birthday, independance day, Trumps Inauguration. You know, i don't think it matters. The screwed up baby B Plot timeline LOL. This show just complicates things. It irks me though Sheldon is doing it with Amy on her birthday. It screams I am obliged! When are we going to see some actual desire from Sheldon? I am not expecting, him to suddenly become Joey Tribbani. And I thought the Brain Bowl Incubation was absurd, and too far on the end of the spectrum. But some insistence from Sheldon that he actually desires Amy. Not go ahhh your next obligatory present well be your birthday. Aren't you a luckey girl. Wanna do it again? Calm down woman. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, April said:

Hi April, you investigated the season's timing in some previous post but I can't find it right now... just out of scientific curiosity (for a post 10x8 fanfic idea), what date did you estimate for ep. 10x08? My idea was just to count the days between Amy's last year's birthday and 10x08 and then find the appropriate planet that coincidentally has exactly this period of rotation around its sun... just for science, lol...

8 minutes ago, Vittoria Jacoel said:

I agree we need to wait for more details, but trust the writers?

I think we are way beyond that now, no matter which ship you support.

2 minutes ago, shamour said:

Hi April, you investigated the season's timing in some previous post but I can't find it right now... just out of scientific curiosity (for a post 10x8 fanfic idea), what date did you estimate for ep. 10x08? My idea was just to count the days between Amy's last year's birthday and 10x08 and then find the appropriate planet that coincidentally has exactly this period of rotation around its sun... just for science, lol...

On planet Earth Bernie would have been in her 7th month in 10x08 which should put the episode somewhen in August.

On planet "we forgot Valentine's Day is in February" where Bernie is still 9 months pregnant but actually got pregnant later to fit with Amy's birthday 10x08 would be October.

On planet "we don't give a fuck about biology" where Bernie is pregnant for 11/12 months 10x08 would be something like her 8/9th month and thus September/October. LOL

(All these are vague estimates so you should have enough feedom creatively.)

1 minute ago, ShamyBabboos said:

Can now confirm that Amy and Howardette baby share a birthday. It has been confirmed.

Ugh.

Sense8Nomieww.gif

1 minute ago, ShamyBabboos said:

Also, the baby's name is Hallie! (Ha-Lee, so.. like Holly)

Not what I wanted but cute enough!

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, April said:

Not what I wanted but cute enough!

At least we know the name for Raj's future wife.

time to start thinking of shipname

• Like 3

1 hour ago, April said:

If this fucking show is really making Bernie have a 11-12 months pregnancy for this BS joke I'll have the urge to write a strongly worded email to Molaro.

I rather would have waited another episode or two to get to Amy's birthday than this. This show makes sure to get science in-jokes right that maybe 0.5% of their audience understand - but they don't think people can count down 9 months??? WTF!??!??!

Now all of this can easily be saved by cutting any mention of Amy's birthday. So... any chance of that being possible?

I think I might join you in writing an email, or at the very least a tweet.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, April said:

Seriously! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU, SHOW!!!?!??!??

TBBTpaperthrow.gif

I might join you, if you write it!

• Like 4