[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Tensor

14 minutes ago, Maddie said:

In the last two taped episodes, Sheldon literally called Amy cute and a Foxy Tea Kettle. And when Amy cane out in her HP outfit it sounds like his jaw was pretty much on the ground. 

Thats going to be very exciting to see! Because with Sheldon its always her mind and intelligence that turns him on. Or when she is doing geeky stuff. It would be awesome if for once he compliments her looks. A simple 'U look really pretty today' or 'I love the way you smile' or just a 'hoooo' when she wears something new would do the trick. Yes its not very Sheldon-like, but a girl can dream. I know I'd be salty if my man never complimented my looks.

And Johnny is HOT! All of them are cute in real life tbh, but I'd like Johnny even in his Leonard avatar :D

30 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Foxy is synonymous with sexy. It means the exact same thing. He's called her a hotsy totsy, a vixen. 

The thing is, when Sheldon calls someone "foxy“、“vixen" and "hotsy totsy", it usually doesn't mean the same thing as normal people. So those words IMO are more for comedy than the writers trying to show us that Sheldon finds Amy physically attractive.

For example. Sheldon calls Amy a "vixen" because she get him to have interests in social science. That sure does not mean he finds her physically attractive. So that doesn't count at all IMO. In fact it shows how much he loves her brain. There's nothing wrong with that. Just can't be used as an evidence to show Sheldon calls Amy "sexy".

And he called her that before she came out in her HP outfit.

What's the difference?

He's called her pretty, cute.

Cute, pretty do not mean sexy. 

Her brain is what has always gotten him going the most, same with her. And that's what makes them special. 

Amy loves Sheldon's brain too. But why do we always get to see her showing that she desires him physically? It doesn't diminish her love a bit. 

I don't know what you want then, lol.

What I want is simple. I want them to have sex not on Amy's birthday so I don't have to question whether it's out of desire or out of an agreement. If that happens we wouldn't be having this conversation in the first place.

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sam25233 said:

Hey, slow down with the stereotyping there. Amy's clothes are terrible I agree, but Mayim still looks gorgeous, especially when Amy wears dresses and not those dreadful cardigans. She looked lovely in 9.10 and 9.11, I wish they would continue to dress her up like that. And about Penny, I hope u're being sarcastic...she is one of the most attractive women in showbiz.

Tall and thin Sheldon may be sexy to you, but for me the only guy I find sexy in this show is Leonard. His mannerisms are more masculine to me. And he is smart enough to have handled Sheldon for so long. Definitely husband material. Jim is very cute, but Sheldon has an immature, slightly feminine vibe, which doesn't appeal to me. 

So its better if we dont stereotype them based on looks, because everybody has their own preference.

I don't know what you're talking about, I didn't stereotype anyone. I also said nothing bad about Mayim's looks. She's gorgeous. Clothes are clothes, and as for the hair, well, mud has a colour too you know. It just happens to be the colour of Amy's hair, straight out of Sheldon's mouth too! And we know how precise he likes to be about these things. As for Penny, again, I have no idea what you're talking about. Dying your hair blond can cause a lot of damage, especially if you've been doing it for years, like Penny. As for the boob job, I'm just describing what I see in the show. That's part of what we're here for, right?

That's nice, more power to you! I happen to think otherwise. Yeah, Leonard's smart but still, Sheldon's smarter, according to their IQs.

58 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Probably futile trying to change the discussion topic or theme right now, but I guess I will try...

No mention of Isabella or Raj's status in the last few episodes? Maybe with the birth storyline now out of the way the writers may revisit Raj's love life? Or do we think that was a one episode deal, Isabella consigned to the one appearance club and that was it? Now would be the perfect time to try and give Raj some storyline development imo.

Maybe the birth of baby Wolowitz might make him reassess his life and make him realize he wants to find someone he could one day have children with, but to do that he will need to change.

I honestly don't think there is enuff time left to "fix" Raj, that isn't a quick job.

And the way the are rapidly changing/advancing Sheldon strains credibility I don't think they can do a quick and dirty rebuild twice at least not at the same time, but what do I know they use the same jokes over and over so who knows

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Umm... what? I just gave you an exact example of precisely what you asked for and you answered by saying "when Sheldon says it, it doesn't mean the same as normal people. It's more for comedy when he says it." If that's the way you see it, then I don't think you will ever be happy with anything Sheldon says. 

You said: I want Sheldon to think Amy is sexy and call her sexy 

I said: He called her foxy which is a less vulgar synonym for sexy (just like randy is for horny) with no pretense like a nerdy costume or Amy saying something smart. 

You: that doesn't count because Sheldon said it which isn't the same as a normal person saying it so it's more for comedy. 

Explain to me your logic there. Because I fail to see it. 

And there is a difference.

You said you wanted Sheldon to see her as sexy without a costume. I said he did. He called her foxy before the costume. You said "no difference."

I'm not following you here haha

Because the examples you gave don't count IMO?

For example, how does Sheldon calling Amy "a vixen" mean the same thing as he finds her physically attractive? He calls her "a vixen" because she gets him to engage in social science. That's basically him saying she's brilliant.

And that sums up my point. Because for normal people, "a vixen" means physically sexy, but we see clearly here that Sheldon doesn't mean that. So basically when it comes to these kind of terms, what Sheldon means is not what we usually think they mean.

21 minutes ago, Maddie said:

You said you wanted Sheldon to see her as sexy without a costume. I said he did. He called her foxy before the costume. You said "no difference."

Because if I understand right, he says that after she mentions she has a surprise that might help? So he's actually complementing her thoughtfulness?

--------------------------------------

Acaually I went back to read the TR again and couldn't find when Sheldon says that for the life of me...So I guess I'll have to wait for the episode to air.  

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, JE7 said:

I honestly don't think there is enuff time left to "fix" Raj, that isn't a quick job.

And the way the are rapidly changing/advancing Sheldon strains credibility I don't think they can do a quick and dirty rebuild twice at least not at the same time, but what do I know they use the same jokes over and over so who knows

I don't think the writers are interested in changing Raj, there hasn't been any personal growth for Raj in ages. Why start now when the show is almost over.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

10.11 could be a little too boring.

You should be glad you only find it boring. I also find it irritating.:shy:

7 minutes ago, Maddie said:

If you see it differently, then what more can I say

Like I said, finding Amy physically attractive won't diminish Sheldon and Shamy's uniqueness. In fact, I think Sheldon not interested in anyone physically except for Amy adds more uniqueness to their love. Kind of like other people always find Sheldon's quirks irritating but Amy loves it. I wish Sheldon found Amy attractive physically even though he's not into other people's looks. But apparently the writers think otherwise, so actually I don't have much more to say lol.

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Judith said:

As for the boob job, I'm just describing what I see in the show.

That's part of what we're here for, right?

What specifically about her boobs lead you to this conclusion?  For me, it's a great boob job.  Funny, she had the same boobs in 3.22, when they showed her at 16.   But, it doesn't matter, you can have your opinion on that, just know it contradicts what the show has said.  

17 minutes ago, Judith said:

That's nice, more power to you! I happen to think otherwise. Yeah, Leonard's smart but still, Sheldon's smarter, according to their IQs.

Actually, just because Sheldon has a higher IQ score, doesn't mean he's smarter.  At anything over 160 (140 for some tests),  IQ test scores are unreliable and cannot accurately measure a person's IQ.   There are also tests that that use IQ as only a third of the test score.  Physical, emotional, artistic measures are also included.  

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Tripper said:

Posts have been removed or edited. Remember, it's against the rules to talk about shippers, and indeed perceived subdivisions of ships, as a homogeneous block, particularly when it's done as a way of ascribing opinions which people may not have expressed. You can certainly debate what individual shippers say, but you shouldn't be arguing with an idea of what you think this block of people all supposedly think.

What are you, John Charles Daly?  :)

5 hours ago, Judith said:

I don't know what you're talking about, I didn't stereotype anyone. I also said nothing bad about Mayim's looks. She's gorgeous. Clothes are clothes, and as for the hair, well, mud has a colour too you know. It just happens to be the colour of Amy's hair, straight out of Sheldon's mouth too! And we know how precise he likes to be about these things. As for Penny, again, I have no idea what you're talking about. Dying your hair blond can cause a lot of damage, especially if you've been doing it for years, like Penny. As for the boob job, I'm just describing what I see in the show. That's part of what we're here for, right?

The thing about looks is it is all subjective

And for the record an IQ score over 160 is very iffy as far as comparisons go as it is so far above average to basically be a guess/interpretation by the tester so the difference between Leonard and Sheldon who are both way over 160 is factually insignificant

Edited by Tensor
Comment directed at another poster removed.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, RJ1013 said:

I was spoiler free for about a year and a half, and I’ve got to say that the conversation in these spoiler threads is interesting. It’s more negative than I would’ve expected, but interesting.

I’m a huge nit for using the correct word in the correct spot, so I can’t resist joining in for a bit. Coitus is a very narrow term that refers to intercourse, more specifically of the man/woman variety, and nothing else. Sex is a broad term that encompasses all sexual acts, even though people like to use it interchangeably with coitus. Making out is also a fairly broad term that includes a wide variety of sexual acts, but it does exclude anything penetrative.

No, making out consists of mostly kissing and whatever one hand can pull off (no pun intended) (ex: top/over, top/under, bottom/over, bottom/under, etc...). Some of them are not considered sexual acts.

IQ isn't the be all and end all, things like emotional intelligence are just as important.

55 minutes ago, JE7 said:

I think it would be a great shame in a show that is based around a tight-knit group of friends that have responded to life's challenges and opportunities that all Raj will have to show for over 10 years is he can now talk to women without the use of alcohol. Let's be honest that is really his only evolution to date.

There is something both disappointing and tragic about that if that is the case. If the show ends with nothing else to show on that front then they fucked up with his character IMO. For all their successes it would be one of their greatest failings.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jonny said:

IQ isn't the be all and end all, things like emotional intelligence are just as important.

I think it would be a great shame in a show that is based around a tight nit group of friends that have responded to lifes challenges and opportunities that all Raj will have to show for over 10 years is he can now talk to women without the use of alcohol. Let's be honest that is really his only evolution to date.

There is something both sad and tragic about that if that is the case. If the show ends with nothing else to show on that front then they fucked up with his character IMO.

IMO they have already to be honest fucked up the Raj character. There are absolute nothing going on with Raj. 

Edited by Lagernisse
  • Like 3

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic