The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

38 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

If they move to 4b, little privacy when Sheldon comes a knocking

But, if Amy moves in, he'll be far too busy :wink: , to keep pestering Leonard and Penny.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Strawberry PopTart Fan said:

I think I CAN let things go because "They are together In spite of the unreasonable menage..." Even partly because of it. That's what makes it great!  So many obstacles, many Sheldon induced,  have been overcome.The selfishness and unreasonable needs and demands not withstanding, they are together and at the end of the day, they close the bedroom door ( and, in my mind, lock it). It's just the two of them and they are each the most important person in the world to the other. :firstmove:

I guess it's all about the spin.

It appears they don't always close the door. "We've done things on that couch!".  Heheh.

Good on 'em. :victory:

Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

But, if Amy moves in, he'll be far too busy :wink: , to keep pestering Leonard and Penny.

Not really hes had Amy for years, he seems to always prioritize Lenny before Amy. I mean in 2003 Approximation he diddnt seemed to factor in going backwards would mean no Amy. He just cared that Lenny not in life was a massive change. Now thats not to say he doesent love Amy, he does. But hes never made her #1 Priority, maybe that well change, don't know. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Not really hes had Amy for years, he seems to always prioritize Lenny before Amy. I mean in 2003 Approximation he diddnt seemed to factor in going backwards would mean no Amy.

Of course he did factor that. That was part of the reason for the reset! He wanted to return to a time he was in better control of his emotions.

Sheldon: I suppose. What happened to me, Amy? Years ago I was completely disengaged from my feelings. I’d say it was a happier time, but I was disengaged from my feelings, so who can tell?

Amy: I don’t know how to help you. You know, feelings are a part of life.

Sheldon: They didn’t used to be. You and Leonard and Penny, you all poisoned me with emotions. I was like the Tin Man, perfectly content until that evil wizard gave him a heart.

Amy: I don’t think that was the point of the movie.

Sheldon: Fine, then I was like Pinocchio before that jerk Geppetto went and made him a real boy.

Amy: There you go.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Hopefully. Sheldon doesn't seem to get too busy that way. As far as canon I'd say since Amy's birthday, right? Let's hope in S10 Lenny moves out and Shamy gets "busier".

• Like 3

5 hours ago, djsurrey said:

Of course he did factor that. That was part of the reason for the reset! He wanted to return to a time he was in better control of his emotions.

Yes he factored in Amy. But in the present lol. IT's not like he cared all that much that Amy was in his life. Like Sheldon said he accused Amy and Lenny of poisining him with emotions. HE did this before in S7, when he tried to break up with Amy in The Table Polirization. So my point was Sheldon did not factor in, that if he reset his life, their would be no Amy. He just wanted to go back to a more simplier time. Very similar to Penny in The Sales Call Sublimation :D. Obviousley in very different ways. Of course, Penny actually acknowledged the positive impact Leonard made. Seemed to me Sheldon did not care if he was all alone, and never meet Amy. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

Yes he factored in Amy. But in the present lol. IT's not like he cared all that much that Amy was in his life. Like Sheldon said he accused Amy and Lenny of poisining him with emotions. HE did this before in S7, when he tried to break up with Amy in The Table Polirization. So my point was Sheldon did not factor in, that if he reset his life, their would be no Amy. He just wanted to go back to a more simplier time. Very similar to Penny in The Sales Call Sublimation :D. Obviousley in very different ways. Of course, Penny actually acknowledged the positive impact Leonard made. Seemed to me Sheldon did not care if he was all alone, and never meet Amy. 

It was simpler because he was not "poisoned" with emotions. Emotions brought on by Leonard, Penny and Amy. He factored in there would be no Amy -- that is what he was counting on. You seem to be contradicting yourself.

• Like 7

Plus, Sheldon was in denial about many things in 2003, which led him to want to go back to simpler times. Not to mention that he acknowledged in Earworm that Amy has "softened his life" which is him finally recognising Amy's role in his life, something that was one of the episode's points. In 2003 he wasn't there yet.

You can't compare Sheldon's situation to Penny's. Sheldon was going through a break-up which was portrayed as a learning experience - Penny was just saying things to a psychiatrist that weren't even resolved later.

• Like 6

Always when there's that time  somebody goes "hey...you know Amy is not/ was not so important for Sheldon.." I'm having the same question that's been asked here over and over - did you guys watched the first three seasons? 

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, tallin said:

Always when there's that time  somebody goes "hey...you know Amy is not/ was not so important for Sheldon.." I'm having the same question that's been asked here over and over - did you guys watched the first three seasons? 

I don't think people ask IS Amy important to Sheldon alot of times. I agree with people ask have you watched the first three seasons? That is mostly because, that era is widely regarded as the show in its prime. But in this case I was just simply responding to some post, saying Sheldon would be busy with Amy. I was just simply saying based on past behaviour in cannon, Sheldon does not prioritize Amy. This is a popular opinion and Question too, so you know. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

I don't remember anything like that happened in The Sales Call Sublimation, unless you count "You're the best husband ever!", Penny said, after having snubbed Leonard's attempt the speak about his conversation with Dr. Gallo and how important it was to him...On the contrary Penny's behavior towards Leonard was considered a bit underwhelming (to use a gentle word) by more than one Lenny over here.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

I don't think people ask IS Amy important to Sheldon alot of times. I agree with people ask have you watched the first three seasons? That is mostly because, that era is widely regarded as the show in its prime. But in this case I was just simply responding to some post, saying Sheldon would be busy with Amy. I was just simply saying based on past behaviour in cannon, Sheldon does not prioritize Amy. This is a popular opinion and Question too, so you know. 

Based on past behaviour in canon Sheldon has been shown to prioritize Amy after the break-up. Opening Night is an example. Do you have examples of him not prioritising her after they got back together?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Judith said:

Based on past behaviour in canon Sheldon has been shown to prioritize Amy after the break-up. Opening Night is an example. Do you have examples of him not prioritising her after they got back together?

Line substitution will be mentioned, but that was a weird timing plot altogether. Since they have got back together I think there has been a clear shift of priorities towards Amy, we may get glimpses of old Sheldon still but I think there is no question the breakup changed him for the better. Let's see what Season 10 holds, if they get engaged then it will put this whole argument to bed once and for all (well it should).

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, 3ku11 said:

Well it might be popular opinion sure, still, in what I watched in BBT universe while Leonard lived with Sheldon for seven years, he got his head bitten off for changing the thermostat for two degrees. In half a time with Amy, he went on all the romantic dates, accept all sorts of hand holding, hugging, even kissing without much consequences, other than rolling eyes. By the time I hope Leonard and Penny had at least opportunity to whistle once upon a time and take a cup of milk without a hissy fit, Sheldon was busy roleplaying coitus and kissing his girlfriend. Not to mention he always found a way how to blame any wrong doings of Amy, to the poor two. I'm sure he values their presence in his life very much, but I never saw him bending his own rules so much for them as he does for Amy, I mean come on, after how much it is? Thirteen years or so of living with him Leonard still can't miss an agreement meeting without going through a living hell. How is that prioritizing somebody? That's what I saw in canon, and that's why, this opinion seems to me like bending the actual show quite a bit. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, tallin said:

Well it might be popular opinion sure, still, in what I watched in BBT universe while Leonard lived with Sheldon for seven years, he got his head bitten off for changing the thermostat for two degrees. In half a time with Amy, he went on all the romantic dates, accept all sorts of hand holding, hugging, even kissing without much consequences, other than rolling eyes. By the time I hope Leonard and Penny had at least opportunity to whistle once upon a time and take a cup of milk without a hissy fit, Sheldon was busy roleplaying coitus and kissing his girlfriend. Not to mention he always found a way how to blame any wrong doings of Amy, to the poor two. I'm sure he values their presence in his life very much, but I never saw him bending his own rules so much for them as he does for Amy, I mean come on, after how much it is? Thirteen years or so of living with him Leonard still can't miss an agreement meeting without going through a living hell. How is that prioritizing somebody? That's what I saw in canon, and that's why, this opinion seems to me like bending the actual show quite a bit. 

Yes, the Roommate Agreement is still there, Sheldon counts on it to do things his way in the apartment and he has to be lured by Penny for any change in it, while the Relationship Agreement in four years got more amendments  than the USA Constitution and now it has even  gone without much more than a "how do you do"...(sadly, I miss it in some ways, but now I digress!)

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Yes, the Roommate Agreement is still there, Sheldon counts on it to do things his way in the apartment and he has to be lured by Penny for any change in it, while the Relationship Agreement in four years got more amendments  than the USA Constitution and now it has even  gone without much more than a "how do you do"...(sadly, I miss it in some ways, but now I digress!)

Yep. Great point. Miss it too...oh,the old times...:)

• Like 3

I'll be honest I don't miss the RA, whilst it provided some great comedic moments and provided a kind of safety blanket for a blossoming relationship especially for Sheldon their relationship outgrew the need for it. I also don't think they would have got back together if they had to go back to using a RA.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, tallin said:

THIS. The idea that Sheldon prioritises Lenny over Amy - especially at this point in the show! - is bizarre. He's been struggling a lot over the years trying to maintain homeostasis and that is really the biggest issue that makes him cling to Lenny. But as you said, at the same time he's been bending over backwards and pushing his own boundaries for Amy far beyond his past comfort zone. It's only a question of time when he will do the same with regards to the living arrangements.

5 hours ago, Judith said:

I know Line Substitution will be mentioned but that was Sheldon preferring one activity over another but going about it the wrong way.

Indeed. This was pretty much the only moment towards the end of S9 when he was less than a stellar boyfriend and even that happened due to plot specific strings that most on here found kinda ridiculous. Heck, even the show put a lampshade on it! But the rest of the time? Homeboy is on his best behaviour these days! Yet still every tiny misstep gets blown out of proportion.

• Like 4

Since they've never done a cross over episode, they could make an episode where Sherlock and Joan from "Elementary" appear. It would mess up the continuity, since Sheldon referred to Sherlock Holmes as a fictional character from the books at least once, but it would be funny, especially if Sherlock and Sheldon would meet. Reason for Sherlock and Joan to appear would be Howard hiring them to find out is the government really following them (Howard and the group) or not. Maybe Raj goes on a date with Claire or Emily, Sherlock happens to be there, deduces that Raj is dating two women and reveals that in front of everyone.

13 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

So my point was Sheldon did not factor in, that if he reset his life, their would be no Amy.

At that point, as far as he was concerned, there was no Amy.

She'd broken up with him, for all he knew, she was gone for ever.

The sad fact is IMO Sheldon is no longer funny. I used to laugh at his antics most if the time but now I fast forward thru any of his scenes that don't include Lenny or Howardette. I have had so much Sheldon shoved in my face that I am just tired of it, and his behavior has gotten more annoying as time has passed. At first it was funny because he didn't know better or even realize what he was doing, that excuse no longer holds and his behavior now comes across not that he didn't know better but that he just doesn't care.

The show to me now reminds me of Roseann, I hate that show. Good writing, good characters and good acting couldn't cover the fact that the main character wasn't funny she was just a crude bitch.

Sheldon has become that for me a central character whose unattractivness overshadows the rest of the show.

I will keep watching because I am invested in Lenny and Howardette and want to see if they get their happy ending, but I won't be commenting on Sheldon or shamy because I simply won't see it. It's the only way I can still enjoy the show even a little

Once again this is all IMO

Edited by JE7
  • Like 7

39 minutes ago, JE7 said:

The sad fact is IMO Sheldon is no longer funny. I used to laugh at his antics most if the time but now I fast forward thru any of his scenes that don't include Lenny or Howardette. I have had so much Sheldon shoved in my face that I am just tired of it, and his behavior has gotten more annoying as time has passed. At first it was funny because he didn't know better or even realize what he was doing, that excuse no longer holds and his behavior now comes across not that he didn't know better but that he just doesn't care.

The show to me now reminds me of Roseann, I hate that show. Good writing, good characters and good acting couldn't cover the fact that the main character wasn't funny she was just a crude bitch.

Sheldon has become that for me a central character whose unattractivness overshadows the rest of the show.

I will keep watching because I am invested in Lenny and Howardette and want to see if they get their happy ending, but I won't be commenting on Sheldon or shamy because I simply won't see it. It's the only way I can still enjoy the show even a little

That is a very interesting point you make about Roseanne.  I felt the same way about her. I'm surprised I didn't see that with Sheldon, who I feel similar about.   I always like to think about Dr. Reid on Criminal Minds.  He has the same IQ as Sheldon and has many of the same issues.  the difference is he is written and seems like a much more likable, kinder, gentler character when compared to Sheldon.  I just don't get it with Dr. Cooper.  And that's fine some (most I guess) do.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, JE7 said:

The first part of the series before fame went to her head, were really good.  The early seasons.  But after a few years, it changed.  She changed.  And you could see it in her acting.  I got to the point I couldn't stand her after her face lift but I kept watching because I liked the rest of the characters and for the most part, I found them funny.  Not so much her by then.  But once they replaced Becky (and I totally get and support the actresses reasons {going to college}), I just couldn't watch anymore.  I would catch snippets here and there from previews and flipping channels but I stopped watching every week.  Depending if there's nothing else on, I'll watch the reruns (with the original Becky) but it's not necessarily my first pick.