[Spoilers] Discussion: Season 10

Tensor

19 hours ago, hokie3457 said:

To me (and in my lone opinion), Sheldon was beyond awful and selfish in this episode. He wanted everything. He was given everything. Perhaps Leonard wearing the flag as a toga was a bit much, but Sheldon's response was a  nuclear option and went too far with a chance of putting his neighbors in peril. Badly done.

What Leonard does was not much different from Sheldon sitting naked in Howard's new car. As for nuclear option, this is still a Chuck Lorre show. Did you see "nuclear" when Charlie Harper was killed by a dropped piano?

ADDED: Leonard should keep the flag. It's the APARTMENTs' (4A) flag. It should stay with the apartment. Sheldon has to design a new one for 4B.

Edited by BigBang15
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

The difference is Leonard had a reason. Sheldon did not. Sheldon doesn't drive

And from what I recall from that episode . Sheldon was being unreasonable and insufferable . Not wanting to give up his parking spot to Howard (Great episode btw). For Petty, absurd reasons. Same instance here. Sheldon was willing to take everything. Wouldn't even give him the flag. So just like Howard, when he sat naked on his spot. Leonard played at his own game . Difference is 4 seasons ago. Sheldon came to the conclusion he was being unreasonable all on his own. Besides I still don't get what was so disgusting about Leonard with the flag. Prude much lol. We dont see anything. I thought it was hilarious. How is that different from Sheldon being naked in Howard's car. Oh is that not disgusting because It's Sheldon? I always thought that was more grosser then what Leonard did. At least Leonard was covered Hahaha.

But four seasons ago, Sheldon gave Howard the parking spot . Yet four seasons later were still seeing the same Sheldon and the same type of episode . Yet difference is , it is a more self aware Sheldon. So he can't hide his behind his innocence and rational behaviour  anymore. To me that makes his behaviour a lot more selfish and asinine. If he has grown so much. He shouldent be more insufferable then he was four seasons ago. But here we are. So I have to agree Leonard had a reason, Sheldon did not. But I don't blame Sheldon for this. I blame the backwards , toothless writing. Who won't change narrative .

Edited by 3ku11
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Chrismo said:

The difference is Leonard had a reason. Sheldon did not. Sheldon doesn't drive

...because Leonard wants to be more like Sheldon?

Howard had a reason. Tit for tat. If Leonard had wanted to keep some of his stuff he could have attempted some negotiation.

7 minutes ago, 3ku11 said:

And from what I recall from that episode . Sheldon was being unreasonable and insufferable . Not wanting to give up parking spot to Howard (Great episode btw). For Petty, absurd reasons. Same instance here. Sheldon was willing to take everything. Wouldn't even give him the flag. So just like Howard, Leonard played at his own game . Difference is 4 seasons ago. Sheldon came to the conclusion he was being unreasonable all on his own. Besides I still don't get what was so disgusting about Leonard with the flag. Prude much lol. We doesn't see anything. I thought it was hilarious. How is that different from Sheldon being naked in Howard's car. Oh is that not disgusting because It's Sheldon? I always thought that was more grosser then what Leonard did. At least Leonard was covered Hahaha.

Gave Howard the parking spot . Yet four seasons later were still seeing the same Sheldon and the same type of episode . Yet difference is , it is a more self aware Sheldon. So he can't hide his behind his innocence and rational behaviour  anymore. To me that makes his behaviour a lot more selfish and asinine. If he has grown so much. He shouldent be more insufferable then he was four seasons ago. But here we are. So I have to agree Leonard had a reason, Sheldon did not. But I don't blame Sheldon for this. I blame the backwards , toothless writing. Who won't change narrative .

The writers did not bring there A game for this one. I hope it is because they are working on some big plans for the new year and not just they are taking an early holiday.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 10:16 AM, spidergirl said:

True. It may be accepted in beginning but at the end the frustration rises and wins. The person who is open to making some changes has to make the first move to that, as they might be really into it, for later there would not be place for hard feelings for their SOs.

The person willing to make the change has to at the very least be given the opportunity to make those changes. If I were Leonard I would get so pissed at Penny for doing that that it would almost be grounds for divorce. I know this will not happen, nor do I want it to. I am quite certain that TPTB do it because they think it's sooooo funny that she gets rid of his stuff. I, on the contrary, do not.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 6:33 PM, camelliayao said:

I think this has something to do with the writers being stuck in their old writing patten.

In early seasons, "Sheldon being inappropriate because he doesn't know better" is one of the most important sources of the comedy in the show. However, after ten years, "he doesn't know better" is no longer believable because of all the character developments. 

Thus the Sheldon we see today is schizophrenic. He can be very sweet in one episode (because the writers decide to write him some character developments in that episode) and a total ass in another (because they don't know how to write stories for the new Sheldon). 

Because the episodes are often Sheldon centric, the writers leave themselves very few choices. So basically it's like "Let's see, shall we write a sweet Sheldon or a jerk Sheldon this week?". I think it'll help a lot if the writers give other characters more chances to shine. Take this episode as an example, Penny and Amy are brilliant in it, they are hilarious, cute and heartwarming. It's a shame most of the times they don't have proper storylines.

Very well said. IMO the writing as a hole has greatly diminished in quality, and TPTB have, for lack of a better word "lost it". As you say, he doesn't know any better used to work (and it did for several years) but not anymore. If Sheldon has grown, then he has grown. Therefore you cannot have your cake and eat it too. It is impossible. I don't know about others, but I didn't find the episode funny. Unfortunately it boiled down to Sheldon being mean and Leonard letting him walk all over him. I found the Raj/Stewart dynamic funnier even if it is a stretch to believe that Stuart is out on his luck again having a newly renovated comic book store.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Carlos said:

The person willing to make the change has to at the very least be given the opportunity to make those changes. If I were Leonard I would get so pissed at Penny for doing that that it would almost be grounds for divorce. I know this will not happen, nor do I want it to. I am quite certain that TPTB do it because they think it's sooooo funny that she gets rid of his stuff. I, on the contrary, do not.

I do not think it is funny either. I hope we can see Penny doing something that amends that soon.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, djsurrey said:

......If Leonard had wanted to keep some of his stuff he could have attempted some negotiation.

ROTFLMFAO!   It's Sheldon (everyone must defer to me) Cooper we're talking about here. Complete waste of valuable breath to an Asthma sufferer.

• Like 4

It seems Leonard can't be bothered with negotiations - Penny would throw the geeky stuff out anyway, I guess??? Ugh.

I'm honestly baffled by this whole "we can't do anything about Sheldon except surrender!" attitude. Time and again the guy folds like a lawn chair when one of the ladies on this show is talking/yelling some sense into him. Like seriously, it's ridiculously easy. You just have to be stern with him and, to quote Mary, put some zing on it! Say it like you mean it! Only a few episodes earlier Leonard advises Amy to make a stand and she gets rewarded by Sheldon giving up the bathroom schedule. Now Leonard has a chance to make a stand himself and he just rolls over. Even when he's offered to pick something he'd actually like - anything! - he picks the one thing he knows would anger Sheldon because apparently he wants to start a fight for no fucking reason. I guess life without Sheldon is so boring that this is Leonard's way to make it more exciting!???

Dear Leonard, please sort yourself out! Thanks!

(By which I mean that the writers should sort him out because obviously. Let him be a nerd again and let him grow a spine or something. Jeez.)

• Like 9

The plot for 10.10 was based on two basic characteristics of Sheldon and Leonard: selfishness and not standing up for yourself. Sheldon might have become more aware of what he says during the years but this won't magically erase his selfishness. Also, being aware of the insults you throw at other people isn't the same as being selfish, and it was the second that started the fight, not the first.

And don't forget that it's not Sheldon's fault that Leonard was so ready to give up. In Hot Tub he told Amy not to make the same mistakes that he made...the same mistakes that he keeps making. And when he told Sheldon that he should take everything Sheldon asked him if he was sure about it because these were symbols of the fun they had together, so no, Sheldon wasn't just going to take everything. He needs a bit - or maybe a lot- of cajoling and some twisting of his arm but he was willing to share. It's just that he can be ridiculous at times, and Leonard knows this, but instead of fighting he just gave up. He was willing to give all the items to Sheldon except for the flag, just to piss him off. So, instead of facing the problem directly and demand from Sheldon to be fair he decided to give up and for a lack of a better word, undermine him in a passive-aggressive way. If he can't stand up to Sheldon that's his problem.

So both of them made mistakes here and had their turn with taking the fight a step further.

Just to be clear I wasn't trying to copy 

@April's post...It took me a long time to write mine and I only saw hers after I posted mine.

Edited by Judith
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Zhalen565 said:

ROTFLMFAO!   It's Sheldon (everyone must defer to me) Cooper we're talking about here. Complete waste of valuable breath to an Asthma sufferer.

There have been enough occasions when Leonard has had successful negotiation with Sheldon. Not so much when it comes to war.

war.gif

1 hour ago, Judith said:

The plot for 10.10 was based on two basic characteristics of Sheldon and Leonard: selfishness and not standing up for yourself. Sheldon might have become more aware of what he says during the years but this won't magically erase his selfishness. Also, being aware of the insults you throw at other people isn't the same as being selfish, and it was the second that started the fight, not the first.

And don't forget that it's not Sheldon's fault that Leonard was so ready to give up. In Hot Tub he told Amy not to make the same mistakes that he made...the same mistakes that he keeps making. And when he told Sheldon that he should take everything Sheldon asked him if he was sure about it because these were symbols of the fun they had together, so no, Sheldon wasn't just going to take everything. He needs a bit - or maybe a lot- of cajoling and some twisting of his arm but he was willing to share. It's just that he can be ridiculous at times, and Leonard knows this, but instead of fighting he just gave up. He was willing to give all the items to Sheldon except for the flag, just to piss him off. So, instead of facing the problem directly and demand from Sheldon to be fair he decided to give up and for a lack of a better word, undermine him in a passive-aggressive way. If he can't stand up to Sheldon that's his problem.

So both of them made mistakes here and had their turn with taking the fight a step further.

I agree that both have made their mistakes. But (and I stand I am a Lenny, so I am very biased) in imo Sheldon is always been more excused-protected for his behavior as Leonard. Sure Leonard needs to grow up- get a spine whatever. But he has as many issues as Sheldon has. Maybe more.  And I read and see that a lot of people who favor Sheldon, do write is both of them who is wrong. Still and maybe it´s because I a m very tired of the Sheldon centric and eccentric plots, it feels very in in disbalance in favor of Sheldon. Two episodes before, he already "learned" about his jealousy, and just one before he "learned" his cassanova side again. And now again he must learn by going into a fight. Did Leonard start it? IMO Sheldon was starting the fight. What´s the purpose of saying to his good friend you can have EVERYTHING. But going mad about the flag. If Sheldon has grown, and is so accurate as he pretends to be, he also could have said, except the flag you can have everything. And I know it´s the writers purpose to create this comedical fight. But than again why again by an egocentric Sheldon. Why again Sheldon centric etc. That´s my underlying bad taste feeling.

Edited by john2p
  • Like 5

Really anything thing Leonard picked. Sheldon would have fought him for it. It was shown by tptb Sheldon's greediness, selfisness and wanting all.
You are right tho Leonard should grow a backbone and knock him out. Maybe then he will learn not to be a dick. I would love an episode where Sheldon is sectioned under mental health act as there is clearly something not right with him.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Tonstar17 said:

Really anything thing Leonard picked. Sheldon would have fought him for it. It was shown by tptb Sheldon's greediness, selfisness and wanting all.
You are right tho Leonard should grow a backbone and knock him out. Maybe then he will learn not to be a dick. I would love an episode where Sheldon is sectioned under mental health act as there is clearly something not right with him.

That´s exactly the point. It wasn´t only the flag. If Leonard had started wanting  the sword, the fight would have been about the sword.  

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, john2p said:

That´s exactly the point. It wasn´t only the flag. If Leonard had started wanting  the sword, the fight would have been about the sword.  

And interestingly I would have thought Leonard had more claim to that since he was the one that beat Stuart down on the price back in Season 5 in "The Russian Rocket Reaction" , Sheldon was going to pay the asking price.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, john2p said:

I agree that both have made their mistakes. But (and I stand I am a Lenny, so I am very biased) in imo Sheldon is always been more excused-protected for his behavior as Leonard. Sure Leonard needs to grow up- get a spine whatever. But he has as many issues as Sheldon has. Maybe more.  And I read and see that a lot of people who favor Sheldon, do write is both of them who is wrong. Still and maybe it´s because I a m very tired of the Sheldon centric and eccentric plots, it feels very in in disbalance in favor of Sheldon. Two epsiodes before, he already "learned" about his jealousy, and just one before he "learned" his casanova side again. And now again he must learn by going into a fight. Did Leonard start it? IMO Sheldon was starting the fight. What´s the purpose of saying to his good friend you can have EVERYTHING. But going mad about the flag. If Sheldon has grown, and is so accurate as he pretends to be, he also could have said, except the flag you can have everything. And I know it´s the writers purpose to create this comedical fight. But than again why again by an egocentric Sheldon. Why again Sheldon centric etc. That´s my underlying bad taste feeling.

Honestly, I find the whole idea that anything Sheldon does constitutes as him "learning a lesson" that's popping up recently ridiculous. He didn't learn to be a Casanova or whatever. That's not Sheldon learning. 10x09? Yes, that was Sheldon learning to deal with professional envy/jealousy. And the episode didn't reward his bad behaviour. In fact the narrative harshly punished him with a physical injury whenever his inner green eyed monster would show. It's only after Stephen Hawking basically told him he might never get the prestige Sheldon yearns for that he's getting his reward in from of... a taping of Ellen! Enjoy the little things in life, I guess.

Speaking of learning/punishment/reward in 10x10: This is not a life lesson episode for Sheldon. He isn't learning anything about sharing or generosity or whatever. That's not the point of the episode, like, at all. It's Shelnard's Panty Pinata - one last hurrah of the stupid "Sheldon is an ass, Leonard is a whimp" room mate dynamic to settle those new LAs. In the end it's all about replaying some old hits of this show - nothing to learn, no one to punish, no reward. Except maybe the little admittance that under all this they do kinda miss this nonsense a bit. But that's really it.

Bottom line is: Yes, Sheldon is getting a lot of episodes where he does learn a lesson of some sorts. And recently the writers are even more likely to make it stick. Hooray! But the idea that this means 1) because he learnt "lesson x" he should have somehow learned "lesson y" and 2) his flaws mean that no other character deserves criticism doesn't follow for me. The answer to "Sheldon is getting too many life lesson stories" is not "let's only focus on how terrible Sheldon is!!" but rather "I want that for all the other characters, too!!" They all have their flaws and they all could easily carry one of those life lesson stories the writers love to give Sheldon. Leonard would now be a wonderful candidate cause the poor chap is so used to fighting with Sheldon over some BS that even when he is offered a peaceful solution he chooses to piss Sheldon off, for old time's sake apparently. Point being, looking at the characters for what they are with all their flaws opens up new story possibilities.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, April said:

Honestly, I find the whole idea that anything Sheldon does constitutes as him "learning a lesson" that's popping up recently ridiculous. He didn't learn to be a Casanova or whatever. That's not Sheldon learning. 10x09? Yes, that was Sheldon learning to deal with professional envy/jealousy. And the episode didn't reward his bad behaviour. In fact the narrative harshly punished him with a physical injury whenever his inner green eyed monster would show. It's only after Stephen Hawking basically told him he might never get the prestige Sheldon yearns for that he's getting his reward in from of... a taping of Ellen! Enjoy the little things in life, I guess.

Speaking of learning/punishment/reward in 10x10: This is not a life lesson episode for Sheldon. He isn't learning anything about sharing or generosity or whatever. That's not the point of the episode, like, at all. It's Shelnard's Panty Pinata - one last hurrah of the stupid "Sheldon is an ass, Leonard is a whimp" room mate dynamic to settle those new LAs. In the end it's all about replaying some old hits of this show - nothing to learn, no one to punish, no reward. Except maybe the little admittance that under all this they do kinda miss this nonsense a bit. But that's really it.

Bottom line is: Yes, Sheldon is getting a lot of episodes where he does learn a lesson of some sorts. And recently the writers are even more likely to make it stick. Hooray! But the idea that this means 1) because he learnt "lesson x" he should have somehow learned "lesson y" and 2) his flaws mean that no other character deserves criticism doesn't follow for me. The answer to "Sheldon is getting too many life lesson stories" is not "let's only focus on how terrible Sheldon is!!" but rather "I want that for all the other characters, too!!" They all have their flaws and they all could easily carry one of those life lesson stories the writers love to give Sheldon. Leonard would now be a wonderful candidate cause the poor chap is so used to fighting with Sheldon over some BS that even when he is offered a peaceful solution he chooses to piss Sheldon off, for old time's sake apparently. Point being, looking at the characters for what they are with all their flaws opens up new story possibilities.

Ok point taken, there is nothing real logical. And yes there won´t be a big reason or bigger plan  behind this at all from the writers. The purpose of  everything is to get the audience laughing. I know it.  The bottom line for me in this discussion is (and call out for the writers-producers): Wether it´s Sheldon learning, evolving, or whatever, it is too (!!) much. And let me point this out. I really like Sheldon. But after seeing season 10 halfway, and some of season 8 and 9, which I still have to catch up fully, I am coming to the following conclusion: Jim totally deserved his awards from the earlier seasons. But imo can´t carry the whole show. He was brilliant because of the chemistry between him and the other cast. He could bounce off them. One of the most legandary scenes are in the ball pit with Leonard and of course the Nimoy gift from Penny. And I have wachted it many times, Sheldon is-was the star in those scenes but thank god he had strong assistance-support from resp.Leonard and Penny. But how things now going on, it is one lead: Sheldon, even in his relationship with Amy. And the rest only serves. It´s also vice versa. Leonard or Penny can´t carry the show either. Sure as a shipper I don´t mind, but as a TBBT fan I would never like the idea of an pure and only Penny or Leonard show. My ship has a special place in my heart, but TBBT stands above it. Boy I miss the cast chemistry. If I think of them going to a conference, and the very cool dialogues between all those castmembers. What I watch lately is 80% Shamy, 5% Shamy vs Lenny, 5 % Lenny and 10% howardette-Raj and Stuart. The writers are certainly like to please (some) shippers, but the TBBT fans who like the whole cast? I truly believe that most of the fans eventually prefer the klingon and more after the diner scene with the group as whole. 

Edited by john2p
  • Like 4

he chooses to piss Sheldon off.

And you think Leonard wasn't pissed off with Sheldon's antics in the first place. Basically Leonard should bow to Sheldon and just go along with the nutjob and let him have his evil ways. I qoute Penny. Wow.

@april qoute. He chooses to piss Sheldon off.

And you think Leonard wasn't pissed off with Sheldon's antics in the first place. Basically Leonard should bow to Sheldon and just go along with the nutjob and let him have his evil ways. I qoute Penny. Wow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, john2p said:

I agree that both have made their mistakes. But (and I stand I am a Lenny, so I am very biased) in imo Sheldon is always been more excused-protected for his behavior as Leonard. Sure Leonard needs to grow up- get a spine whatever. But he has as many issues as Sheldon has. Maybe more.  And I read and see that a lot of people who favor Sheldon, do write is both of them who is wrong. Still and maybe it´s because I a m very tired of the Sheldon centric and eccentric plots, it feels very in in disbalance in favor of Sheldon. Two episodes before, he already "learned" about his jealousy, and just one before he "learned" his cassanova side again. And now again he must learn by going into a fight. Did Leonard start it? IMO Sheldon was starting fight. What´s the purpose of saying to his good friend you can have EVERYTHING. But going mad about the flag. If Sheldon has grown, and is so accurate as he pretends to be, he also could have said, except the flag you can have everything. And I know it´s the writers purpose to create this comedical fight. But than again why again by an egocentric Sheldon. Why again Sheldon centric etc. That´s my underlying bad taste feeling.

Well, I'm sure that there are different ways in which Sheldon and Leonard are viewed by the public and different reactions to these characters, for different reasons, etc. Personally I don't like to let that influence the way I view the characters and I tried to be as objective as I could in my post. People are biased and they will write whatever they want to write about their favourite character and if at the same time they put down the character that happens to be your favourite or whatever it is that they do it can be annoying to read but it still doesn't change what happens in the show.

I don't think 10.10 was about learning anything. It was a fight between friends and tbh Sheldon has changed, not gotten a lobotomy. Also Sheldon agreed in the end that Leonard could keep the flag so if you're looking for something positive, there it is.

Anyway, yeah, the show is very Sheldon-centric these days, but your displeasure over that seeping into the way you view certain storylines is just another case of bias. That's natural but again, personally, I like to be as objective as I can with the things happening in the show and not let certain things bother me. Take Shenny for example - there are people who used to like their friendship but because of certain comments by certain Shenny shippers they don't anymore. Not because of what's happening in the show but because of what other people think of it. That ruins your enjoyement and distort the way you view the show and IMO that's a pity.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Judith said:

Well, I'm sure that there are different ways in which Sheldon and Leonard are viewed by the public and different reactions to these characters, for different reasons, etc. Personally I don't like to let that influence the way I view the characters and I tried to be as objective as I could in my post. People are biased and they will write whatever they want to write about their favourite character and if at the same time they put down the character that happens to be your favourite or whatever it is that they do it can be annoying to read but it still doesn't change what happens in the show.

I don't think 10.10 was about learning anything. It was a fight between friends and tbh Sheldon has changed, not gotten a lobotomy. Also Sheldon agreed in the end that Leonard could keep the flag so if you're looking for something positive, there it is.

Anyway, yeah, the show is very Sheldon-centric these days, but your displeasure over that seeping into the way you view certain storylines is just another case of bias. That's natural but again, personally, I like to be as objective as I can with the things happening in the show and not let certain things bother me. Take Shenny for example - there are people who used to like their friendship but because of certain comments by certain Shenny shippers they don't anymore. Not because of what's happening in the show but because of what other people think of it. That ruins your enjoyement and distort the way you view the show and IMO that's a pity.

I agree to a certain degree. But it´s not what other people concern or think of it, what ruins my enjoyement  but what course the writers are chosing. As you said yourself, it is very Sheldon centric. And there´s my sole and only displeasure. And yes my bias will overshadow much of my view, but not that the show has turned to a nearly  one man show.  As I wrote earlier, that is my objective annoyment. For all the other storylines, well it is a sitcom. So many of my opinions are biased and based on preferences, that I admit :). 

Edited by john2p
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tonstar17 said:

he chooses to piss Sheldon off.

What I would have loved for Leonard to do is take a page of Penny's "How to deal with Sheldon 101" book and read him the riot act but I guess that would have been too much effort and take away too much from him playing the poor victim?!? I mean, seriously, this guy has lived with Sheldon for 13 years and has apparently learned not a single fucking thing about dealing with him all the while watching this own wife effortlessly whipping Sheldon into shape when he was a dick to her or generally annoying as hell. I don't like it when characters just throw their hands in the air like "whatever shall we do about Sheldon!?" And judging by how it's often the women who manage to deal with Sheldon just fine is answer is supposedly "You woman up and stop taking his crap!" (Maybe now that Sheldon is out of 4A Leonard can learn a lesson or two!?)

But whining like "Sheldon is mean - he wants the sword and the plant!" doesn't get you anywhere, neither will challenging to a stupid fight that you just know will end in a petty revenge plan. Then again as the end reveals Leonard knew what he was doing with that and I guess he is secretly totally into these silly fights saying that with Sheldon gone it's not the same anymore - I guess the sex dungeon dream was some weird foreshadowing, eh? LOL

11 minutes ago, john2p said:

I agree to a certain degree. But it´s not what other people concern or think of it, what ruins my enjoyement  but what course the writers are chosing. As you said yourself, it is very Sheldon centric. And there´s my sole and only displeasure. And yes my bias will overshadow much of my view, but not that the show has turned to a nearly  one man show.  As I wrote earlier, that is my objective annoyment. For all the other storylines, well it is a sitcom. So many of my opinions are biased and based on preferences, that I admit :). 

And you're really not the only person to feel that the show could be more balanced. Heck, even many if not most Sheldon/Shamy fans would love a more balanced show as well. So there's really no team "we only want Sheldon stories!" on here from what I can tell. Basically:

TBBTyourepreachingtothechoir.gif

:icon_wink::icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, April said:

What I would have loved for Leonard to do is take a page of Penny's "How to deal with Sheldon 101" book and read him the riot act but I guess that would have been too much effort and take away too much from him playing the poor victim?!? I mean, seriously, this guy has lived with Sheldon for 13 years and has apparently learned not a single fucking thing about dealing with him all the while watching this own wife effortlessly whipping Sheldon into shape when he was a dick to her or generally annoying as hell. I don't like it when characters just throw their hands in the air like "whatever shall we do about Sheldon!?" And judging by how it's often the women who manage to deal with Sheldon just fine is answer is supposedly "You woman up and stop taking his crap!" (Maybe now that Sheldon is out of 4A Leonard can learn a lesson or two!?)

But whining like "Sheldon is mean - he wants the sword and the plant!" doesn't get you anywhere, neither will challenging to a stupid fight that you just know will end in a petty revenge plan. Then again as the end reveals Leonard knew what he was doing with that and I guess he is secretly totally into these silly fights saying that with Sheldon gone it's not the same anymore - I guess the sex dungeon dream was some weird foreshadowing, eh? LOL

The writers want Leonard this way, it is not much we can do about it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lagernisse said:

The writers want Leonard this way, it is not much we can do about it. 

You don't say! Doesn't keep anyone of us to add their 2cents about the show's writing on these forums, now does it? ;)

• Like 2

• Tensor locked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked this topic
  • Tensor locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tensor unlocked and locked this topic
  • Tensor pinned and unpinned this topic